Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Ireland

whats wrong with blind dating

Jump to newest

By *ATMAN36 OP   Man
over a year ago

dublin

hi all so what is wrong with it. blind dating. no! not in the sence your thinking about. I'm on about meeting up with a blind man that's right someone who cant see. I have messaged a lot of women on this site and on other sites and as soon as I tell them im blind then that's it. well sorry I have had a few offers from other dating sites but the distance was a problem. . anyway im blind so what? I can guarantee you I'd put most men to shame that hang around these sites. and no I don't mean cock size I mean in looks intelligence conversations and cock size in some cases.HAHA what im saying there is a person behind the eyes that cant see. a lot more than the blind person that people see. I have qualified in a number of fields since losing my sight and am now working as a trades man. and yes I do wear snickers. for those ladies who have that fetish. the thing that gets me about this site is most people like to be blind folded as a fetish and others like to do all other sorts of weird and wonderful thing to themselves and others but when it comes to someone like me its definitely a no go. I have to laugh because only once in my life did I ever have to ask a woman out and when I done that she broke my little heart at the sweet age of 17. after that every other woman I have been with has asked me out or dragged me to bed. im single now 3 years and because of lock downs and not being able to go out and meet others its really difficult now. so what is it with these sites. is it the volume of offers women get is it the fact women on these sites have high standards or what is it? and p.s the last relationship I was in lasted over 10 years and she was a very attractive and intelligent woman. but you know after some time people just want different things. so come on all give me your opinions all welcome pps yes blind people can use computers and iphones . google how it is done because im tired of answering that question O I am also a very good looking guy although my pictures on this site don't do me any favours because I cant take naked selfies haha I'd prob take a picture of my ear. happy fabbing those of you that are lucky to. x

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I dont think there should be a problem. But your pic is hidden , you dont mention you are blind and lastly you are only on here 3 months. Keep chatting on the forums and try to attend a few meet and greets. Best of luck fella

over a year ago

Hey, This is Rubadubdub here. Im not sure how your technology reads these messages for you.

I expect its fear of the unknown OP. Women may be unsure of what to expect if they dont know anyone who is blind.

Certainly your profile is as good as any written here.

I can imagine taking selfies might be tricky alright.

If I was nearer Id offer to take some for you, Im not a bad photographer if I do say so myself.

Good on you for posting your question here. The forums are a good place to share experiences and also highlight the diversity on the site.

By *ATMAN36 OP   Man
over a year ago

dublin

hey I have the pic hidden off the profile simply because im not sure I want my face there as I know of other friends on here first of all. and second i cant take any naked selfies. and third going to a meet and greet is definitely difficult for me as a blind person going to a new area is difficult alone as I'd prob walk into every wall and chair in the room haha. I am well capable and have done it but its a serious pain in the back side. although in the plus I could give every one a good laugh. thanks pal

over a year ago

Apologies for the Irrelevant tangent, but just a story.

Any time I come home at night, I try walking up the stairs in pitch darkness and try find my way around blind.

It always takes me forever to find the bedroom light and I think to myself, I'd be a shit blind person.

Just the other day I realised, sure comoletely blind people wouldn't be reaching for the light at all!

The End.

over a year ago

I'd echo what Rub says. I imagine it's very much fear of the unknown. Coupled perhaps with questions they may have but are afraid, awkward or embarrassed to ask for fear of causing upset or offence. Sometimes people will just choose what they perceive to be the easier option.

Now that socials and M&Gs are starting to take place again, perhaps that could be a perfect opportunity for people to see the person rather than the disability. Good luck

By *og-ManMan
over a year ago

somewhere

Hi Jakest

Maybe someone could take a picture for you the next time you have a meet

Take part in the forums and let people know your personality and after all most people on here don't show their face anyway

Best wishes

Bog

By *ATMAN36 OP   Man
over a year ago

dublin

hey Rubadubdub all iphones and Samsung have software on them to make them user friendly to the blind as do laptops but that software needs to be bought separate. the iphone even tells you when a person is in the cameras view and if the camera is level or not when taking the photo. but I still wouldn't trust myself to take them. we must look each other up sometime either when you are in Dublin or me down south. thanks for your kind words.

over a year ago

Hi Jake,

I know the iphones have brilliant screen readers, so you won't have a prob navigating this site. If you do give me a shout , I have designed software to be compatible with JAWS etc

And best of luck pal

By *ATMAN36 OP   Man
over a year ago

dublin

that gave me a good laugh fair play to you man. the good thing is I save a fortune in electric bills in winter. I had a mate living with me for a while and when he came home from work I'd be sitting in the dark after about a month he was doing the same. except for when he went to the toilet. although sometimes I think he'd be better off in the dark thanks hahaha

over a year ago

Now that things are opening up a bit more there's more socials going on and more people meeting for coffee or drinks socials. As other's said get involved in the forums it's a great way to let your personality shine through and learn more about the lifestyle. Best of luck on your Fab adventure!

By *eaAndBenCouple
over a year ago

Dublin

First off fair play to you for being so honest.

Second to echo some of what the other posters have said people perhaps don’t know how to react when you tell them you are blind and may be concerned about causing offence if they ask questions etc.

Also, unfortunately a lot of folks will skip past profiles with no pix on display. The photo doesn’t have to be a naked one - if you were able to crop your face out if you wanted - everyone loves a snappy dresser

Finally ask anyone here and they’ll say 3 months is but a drop in the fab ocean so don’t lose faith!

Best of luck xx

over a year ago

No idea, it certainly wouldn't stop me meeting a lady, although I do think it would be different meeting, an actual blind, blind date in a new setting than someone who was sighted.

Best of luck trying to get your leg over. It's difficult enough on here being sighted, might I ask how do you find attractive/potential dates in here if you can't see the pictures?

There are some very ambiguous profiles on here and poetic licence when it comes to descriptions....

over a year ago

"No idea, it certainly wouldn't stop me meeting a lady, although I do think it would be different meeting, an actual blind, blind date in a new setting than someone who was sighted.

Best of luck trying to get your leg over. It's difficult enough on here being sighted, might I ask how do you find attractive/potential dates in here if you can't see the pictures?

There are some very ambiguous profiles on here and poetic licence when it comes to descriptions....

"

While these are good questions and ones Im also curious about, you have also made me laugh out loud sir

By *asual777Man
over a year ago

i travel all over

This is a very lovely thread at the best of times but after a few Malbecs you just want to hug everyone on it . Such an accommodating and non discriminating community at times xx best of luck OP what you miss in some senses you more than make up for in others

By *dfabMan
over a year ago

Dunboyne

Two things OP.

1. I'll let other club going Fabbers reply if there are any Dark rooms in current, open Irish swing clubs, as imagine you'd be the king of that room

2. I'm expecting to be back in office occasionally in Dublin city centre from October onwards, 1 to 2 days a week initially. If you would like naked pictures taken, I'd be happy to help out. I'm completely straight and it would definitely be a non-sexual thing but, if that's something you want to do for your profile, then I'd be willing to do that for you.

Happy Fabbing regardless

By *asual777Man
over a year ago

i travel all over

"This is a very lovely thread at the best of times but after a few Malbecs you just want to hug everyone on it . Such an accommodating and non discriminating community at times xx best of luck OP what you miss in some senses you more than make up for in others "

Who said alcohol and social distancing don’t go together ?

By *ATMAN36 OP   Man
over a year ago

dublin

"There are some very ambiguous profiles on here and poetic licence when it comes to descriptions"

I definitely must remember this one

to answer your question well I don't really know. but I have had a few conversations with women on here and on other sites and if the conversation gets my interest (not just about sex) then that's one barrier crossed have a type of woman that I seemed to have been able to attract my whole life so hopefully luck stays on my side. failing that I phone a friend LOL

By *ATMAN36 OP   Man
over a year ago

dublin

hi. god I don't know why I didn't think of dark rooms. I wonder would they give me a throne in one of these rooms. LOL i'll have to do my research now and see if there is any around. thanks for the pictures offer

Post new Message to Thread