FabSwingers.com mobile

Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Ireland

Where's your go to spot when the weather is nice and sunny here?

Jump to newest

By *ustin-Sider OP   Man
over a year ago

Belfast

With that beautiful weather we're having I've been tempted to go back to my boy scout days by grabbing a tent and just taking a road trip to enjoy nature and this brill weather while it lasts.

When you go on road trips in Northern or south of Ireland to enjoy a spot of good weather, where would be your go to places in nature? The Mournes here in Northern Ireland are nice and Glenariff is another beautiful spot.

I want to make a list of places so please share.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *affa31Woman
over a year ago

Galway

Connemara in general but the coral beach in carraroe is my happy place.

By *oghunter33Woman
over a year ago

on the hill NordWest of

My backyard or in the hammock under my big threes.

By *oghunter33Woman
over a year ago

on the hill NordWest of

*trees

By *ustBoWoman
over a year ago

Somewhere in Co. Down

The Mournes are stunning I'm only getting to know them and never went camping there. There are so many places up here I have yet to see .

By *ustin-Sider OP   Man
over a year ago

Belfast

"My backyard or in the hammock under my big threes. "

Well, still a good way to enjoy the sun.

There's something really calming and relaxing about hammocks. I fall asleep in them all the time.

By *ustin-Sider OP   Man
over a year ago

Belfast

"The Mournes are stunning I'm only getting to know them and never went camping there. There are so many places up here I have yet to see .

"

I'd also recommend Whitepark Bay. An absolutely majestic wee spot.

So many beautiful places in Northern Ireland that I have seen and it's probably only a small fraction of the places I have yet to discover and see.

By *iss3BWoman
over a year ago

north down

Ards peninsula on a sunny day is really lovely, ferry across to Strangford and then the route to the mournes

By *ustBoWoman
over a year ago

Somewhere in Co. Down

"The Mournes are stunning I'm only getting to know them and never went camping there. There are so many places up here I have yet to see .

I'd also recommend Whitepark Bay. An absolutely majestic wee spot.

So many beautiful places in Northern Ireland that I have seen and it's probably only a small fraction of the places I have yet to discover and see. "

I'll put that on my ever growing list

By *asual777Man
over a year ago

i travel all over

Inverin, glassilaun, east end beach

By *eanbelfastMan
over a year ago

Belfast

The Mournes or the North Coast as both are easily accessible to me but I love the West Coast of Ireland and will be Connemara bound in a number of weeks

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

The shade

By *ust RachelTV/TS
over a year ago

Eastbourne

I have seen so many places on TV in Ireland, you really are spoiled for choice.

Sadly, the only place I have been was Belfast. Not ideal for camping.

over a year ago

We really do have a beautiful country. Donegal coast is glorious. And obviously sligo ain't bad either.

There's a wee spot I like to go and sit at and it's so peaceful and quiet , was there yesterday, heaven

over a year ago

There's a couple very quiet places to park up and camp with stunning views and very little if any disturbance that I frequent and if honest I'd like to keep them like that.

A more popular place that has much going for it for a night away Orr weekend is Murlough Bay on past Ballycastle. Busy during the day but evening, night time and early mornings it's quiet. Lovely walks and few quiet hidden places to sit and enjoy nature at its best.

By *exyfoxWoman
over a year ago

mid ulster

"There's a couple very quiet places to park up and camp with stunning views and very little if any disturbance that I frequent and if honest I'd like to keep them like that.

A more popular place that has much going for it for a night away Orr weekend is Murlough Bay on past Ballycastle. Busy during the day but evening, night time and early mornings it's quiet. Lovely walks and few quiet hidden places to sit and enjoy nature at its best."

. Oh Any of those suggestions will

Do!!

over a year ago

"There's a couple very quiet places to park up and camp with stunning views and very little if any disturbance that I frequent and if honest I'd like to keep them like that.

A more popular place that has much going for it for a night away Orr weekend is Murlough Bay on past Ballycastle. Busy during the day but evening, night time and early mornings it's quiet. Lovely walks and few quiet hidden places to sit and enjoy nature at its best.. Oh Any of those suggestions will

Do!!"

I think you can vouch for one already and there's a few more in Donegal to show the right person. Sworn to secrecy though, I promise I'll return you back home

By *exyfoxWoman
over a year ago

mid ulster

A more popular place that has much going for it for a night away Orr weekend is Murlough Bay on past Ballycastle. Busy during the day but evening, night time and early mornings it's quiet. Lovely walks and few quiet hidden places to sit and enjoy nature at its best.. Oh Any of those suggestions will

Do!!

I think you can vouch for one already and there's a few more in Donegal to show the right person. Sworn to secrecy though, I promise I'll return you back home "

. What happens if I cling onto a rock on the beach and refuse to leave !!!

By *eanbelfastMan
over a year ago

Belfast

Murlough is great and a few more locations round there, though even better in off season when no one is around. Murder Hole Beach in Donegal is amazing though maybe not well named to take someone for the first time lol

By *oad tripperMan
over a year ago

derry

Drive over Knockalla towards Portsalon beach. Or basically any coastal drive in west Donegal and find oone of dozens of beautiful beaches.

By *ubal1Man
over a year ago

Newry Down

THE most stunning walk in the Moutnes, that I have been to hundreds of times is The Drinns walk within Tollymore Forest Park near Newcastle County Down.

Peaceful, easy to get to and yet very few walkers go there . Access the Tollymore Forest map online and look for The Drinns.

A beautiful place for a picnic and whatever takes your fancy.

By *dfabMan
over a year ago

Dunboyne

Portsalon in Donegal is beautiful, Streedagh and Mullaghmore in Sligo also fabulous, along with Enniscrone on border of Sligo/Mayo.

Eastside would be Brittas or almost anywhere Wexford touches the sea.

over a year ago

Kerry and Cork have to be in anybodys top ten. Great beaches, mountains and great drives. Also many great walks and treks.

By *ustin-Sider OP   Man
over a year ago

Belfast

"Ards peninsula on a sunny day is really lovely, ferry across to Strangford and then the route to the mournes"

Ah yes, have taken the ferry from Strangford to Portaferry (and vice versa) many times. Strangford is a lovely idyllic wee spot. The Cuan there is great for food.

Have driven along that Ards Peninsula quite a few times but always along the shores of the Lough. I must try it along the sea coast sometime.

By *osmicGateMan
over a year ago

louth

Anyone have suggestions for good places to go car camping?

By *ustin-Sider OP   Man
over a year ago

Belfast

"I have seen so many places on TV in Ireland, you really are spoiled for choice.

Sadly, the only place I have been was Belfast. Not ideal for camping."

The only camping done in Belfast would have been by snipers. Lol. Cavehill in Belfast is a great spot though with a great view.

By *ustin-Sider OP   Man
over a year ago

Belfast

"THE most stunning walk in the Moutnes, that I have been to hundreds of times is The Drinns walk within Tollymore Forest Park near Newcastle County Down.

Peaceful, easy to get to and yet very few walkers go there . Access the Tollymore Forest map online and look for The Drinns.

A beautiful place for a picnic and whatever takes your fancy.

"

Went on one of the walks in Tollymore a few months back and it was so nice. Not sure which walk it was though. I'll be sure to look out for the Drinns one next time.

By *ustin-Sider OP   Man
over a year ago

Belfast

Folks I appreciate all the suggestions.

As I said, these have all been put into a list on my notepad.

I'm hoping at some point to take a few weeks and just go round different parts of Ireland.

over a year ago

No place like the North coast. I'm currently sitting in The Anchor in Portstewart as I write

By *ustin-Sider OP   Man
over a year ago

Belfast

"No place like the North coast. I'm currently sitting in The Anchor in Portstewart as I write"

The Anchor is a great spot. Great food.

By *ustin-Sider OP   Man
over a year ago

Belfast

I highly recommend Ocho in Portrush. Some of the nicest meals I've ever had have been in there. Their food alone is worth the drive to Portrush.

By *oxyvixen99Woman
over a year ago

Newtownabbey

Ocho is amazing

over a year ago

"Anyone have suggestions for good places to go car camping? "

Carling ford is worth a visit. Take the upper road through the village and head up St. Olivers Road. About 2 mile look for sign of ancient village, walk up to the village ruins and you can camo anywhere along there. Great views of the Lough below too.

By *osmicGateMan
over a year ago

louth

"Anyone have suggestions for good places to go car camping?

Carling ford is worth a visit. Take the upper road through the village and head up St. Olivers Road. About 2 mile look for sign of ancient village, walk up to the village ruins and you can camo anywhere along there. Great views of the Lough below too."

Car camping i meant not tent camping.. Just sleeping in the car over night.. Cook using a gas burner type thing..

By *inner2729Man
over a year ago

Bolton Street

Dalkey/Killiney

over a year ago

Check out the big + small strand @ Clogherhead co Louth

Beautiful little fishing village. Very quiet, couple of nice pubs etc

Post new Message to Thread