Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Ireland

Wimbledon

Jump to newest

By *3nses OP   Man
over a year ago

Dublin

Good things come to those who wait. Finally after a break due to covid last year Wimbledon is back.

A much different landscape going into this tournament.

On the men's side Djokovic is a very strong favourite and it is difficult to see who will stop him. Nadal is out, father time is catching up with Federrer and the young guys have very little experience on grass. A tricky first round tie for Medvedev but if he makes it past that he could be the biggest test for Novak. I expect good performances from Berretini as well.

On the women's side it is wide open. Serena is the slight favourite, but I think she will struggle physically given her age. Outside of her, who knows? But I like the look of Ostapenko too. Other bigger hitters will be Kvitova, Swiatek and Sabalenka.

Either way, another great two weeks of tennis in store.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *pin21Man
over a year ago

Killarney

Can't wait. Would love to see Federer win it but he will probably come up short.

By *3nses OP   Man
over a year ago

Dublin

The first big surprised. Tsitsipas beaten on three sets by Frances Tiafoe. A well deserved winner.

By *3nses OP   Man
over a year ago

Dublin

And even more surprises since. Serena out in the women's. Federrer just about making it through his first round match thanks to an injury to his opponent.

The women's draw is wide open. Just how you like them.

Where as on the men's side it seems like one guy is going to find it very easy to come first.

Post new Message to Thread