Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Ireland

World's Strongest Man

Jump to newest

By *upermanslovechild OP   Man
over a year ago

Glasnevin

Any WSM fans on here? Competition is starting tomorrow without any Livestream/broadcasts for us peasants unfortunately

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ealitybitesMan
over a year ago

Belfast

My money's on your da

By *nquisitive ladyWoman
over a year ago

Dublin

"My money's on your da "

By *rmrs1234Couple
over a year ago

Waterford

Oleksii is our favourite. Hope mateusz comes back soon. I know he had to pull out of last years one

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

When is the famous boxing fight happening again?

By *iablo soloWoman
over a year ago

Southside

I'm a huge fan of worlds strongest man...well any strong man actually...well I'd settle for even the big shoulders sure!!

By *rmrs1234Couple
over a year ago

Waterford

"When is the famous boxing fight happening again?"
september i think

By *oxyvixen99Woman
over a year ago

Newtownabbey

I love it!

over a year ago

Glasnevin

Well had to get my strong shoulders from somewhere

over a year ago

Glasnevin

"Oleksii is our favourite. Hope mateusz comes back soon. I know he had to pull out of last years one"

Can't wait to see if blitz past most of the competition, if he was there last year he'd have won it and he would be in the top three this year too. Once he's back if will be hard to not see if win it

By *he Lone VikingMan
over a year ago

Terra Firma

Former Britain's and Ireland's Strongest Man competitor here.. lol

over a year ago

Love WSM its incredible stuff.. something about the boulder lift particularly makes my nipples hard

I think the camaraderie and support between them is great to watch too.

over a year ago

"When is the famous boxing fight happening again? september i think"

Ahh should be good now. I see Thor put some serious work in. Love all that world.

Arm wrestling too now...thank you algorithms

By *rmrs1234Couple
over a year ago

Waterford

"When is the famous boxing fight happening again? september i think

Ahh should be good now. I see Thor put some serious work in. Love all that world.

Arm wrestling too now...thank you algorithms"

Our eldest (shes 11) loves arm wrestling. If i see another video about devon larett, it another too many

By *oxyvixen99Woman
over a year ago

Newtownabbey

"Former Britain's and Ireland's Strongest Man competitor here.. lol"

By *osmicGateMan
over a year ago

louth

It's not the same without zydrunas.. Brian Shaw.. Eddie Hall or hafthor.. Some good talent coming through.. That Ukrainian oleksi is a bad ass though..

over a year ago

Hafthor Its the Icelandics I always prefer, gentle giants

over a year ago

Glasnevin

"It's not the same without zydrunas.. Brian Shaw.. Eddie Hall or hafthor.. Some good talent coming through.. That Ukrainian oleksi is a bad ass though.. "

But Brian Shaw is still in it? Looks in far better form then he was in the last few years, seems to have that hunger and drive again.

Tom Stotlman is a good up and comer too, I'd say he's be a title winner in the next year or so

over a year ago

Our eldest (shes 11) loves arm wrestling. If i see another video about devon larett, it another too many"

Hahaha yes. When Youtube finds something it dosent let go haha.

To be fair though did you see his last match?, he got huge for it.

And that guy Larry wheels moving to Dubi or the UAE... genius!!

By *scobar67Man
over a year ago

glasgow

Love watching this... Esp before a gym session gets me pumped up

By *he English OneMan
over a year ago

west

Never was interested in this I only really know of is Mark Henry but that was years ago

over a year ago

Glasnevin

"Never was interested in this I only really know of is Mark Henry but that was years ago "

Sure he never actually competed, WWE just doing a WWE and just claiming titles

By *he English OneMan
over a year ago

west

"Never was interested in this I only really know of is Mark Henry but that was years ago

Sure he never actually competed, WWE just doing a WWE and just claiming titles "

He actually competed in the Olympics twice look it up WWE just adapted into their program

By *osmicGateMan
over a year ago

louth

"It's not the same without zydrunas.. Brian Shaw.. Eddie Hall or hafthor.. Some good talent coming through.. That Ukrainian oleksi is a bad ass though..

But Brian Shaw is still in it? Looks in far better form then he was in the last few years, seems to have that hunger and drive again.

Tom Stotlman is a good up and comer too, I'd say he's be a title winner in the next year or so

"

Can't believe Shaw is still in it.. He must be pushing 40 but then again zydrunas was 42 and still competing

By *rmrs1234Couple
over a year ago

Waterford

Our eldest (shes 11) loves arm wrestling. If i see another video about devon larett, it another too many

And that guy Larry wheels moving to Dubi or the UAE... genius!!"

I did. Sure didnt i have to pre order the ppv. I dunnp whp was more excited, himself or the child. Yeah shes mad about larry wheels as well. I wonder should i start being concerned

over a year ago

Glasnevin

"Never was interested in this I only really know of is Mark Henry but that was years ago

He actually competed in the Olympics twice look it up WWE just adapted into their program"

oh I know that but he never competed at World's Strongest Man, nevermind winning the title. Wrestling is fake anyway, so he's the world's strongest fake man

over a year ago

Glasnevin

"It's not the same without zydrunas.. Brian Shaw.. Eddie Hall or hafthor.. Some good talent coming through.. That Ukrainian oleksi is a bad ass though..

Can't believe Shaw is still in it.. He must be pushing 40 but then again zydrunas was 42 and still competing "

True, Big Z is still competing too just not at World's, if Shaw wins this year he'll be the oldest Strongman to win, beating Big Z who has the record atm

By *ensiveMan
over a year ago

Lincoln area

Still enjoy the competition, but it's lost a bit of it's shine since thor, hall retired, and age caught up with Shaw.

By *osmicGateMan
over a year ago

louth

Can't believe Shaw is still in it.. He must be pushing 40 but then again zydrunas was 42 and still competing True, Big Z is still competing too just not at World's, if Shaw wins this year he'll be the oldest Strongman to win, beating Big Z who has the record atm"

Is that record for the oldest strong man or for the most WSM titles.. Always admired zydrunas he made it look easy ..I think Mark Felix is still competing at 50 not sure if its in WSM..

By *he English OneMan
over a year ago

west

He actually competed in the Olympics twice look it up WWE just adapted into their program oh I know that but he never competed at World's Strongest Man, nevermind winning the title. Wrestling is fake anyway, so he's the world's strongest fake man"

He's was still technically a 'Strongman' and as for that line oh wrestling is fake I honestly couldn't careless but I didn't post to discuss that really strange attitude

over a year ago

Glasnevin

Can't believe Shaw is still in it.. He must be pushing 40 but then again zydrunas was 42 and still competing True, Big Z is still competing too just not at World's, if Shaw wins this year he'll be the oldest Strongman to win, beating Big Z who has the record atm

Is that record for the oldest strong man or for the most WSM titles.. Always admired zydrunas he made it look easy ..I think Mark Felix is still competing at 50 not sure if its in WSM.. "

it's the oldest winner, like I said in the last comment, oldest person to win it Yeah Felix is in it this year at 55,

he's something else

over a year ago

As far as I’m concerned Mark Henry will always be the worlds strongest man

over a year ago

I did. Sure didnt i have to pre order the ppv. I dunnp whp was more excited, himself or the child. Yeah shes mad about larry wheels as well. I wonder should i start being concerned"

Hahaha she is like her mama I suppose as you sound like a strong family. Sorry want to privet message but can't. Didn't you say you guys are doing BJJ, your kids will be untouchable with strongmen/arm wrestling/BJJ. That's how I will do it one day in the future.

I ordered that as well as a friend wanted to watch it other remotely. It was cool. It's so funny int he YT videos when they keep measuring hands. Hahaa

By *osmicGateMan
over a year ago

louth

"As far as I’m concerned Mark Henry will always be the worlds strongest man "

No way.. Zydrunas zavickas is the strongest man ever he's won most titles.. He's the only man who can lift huge weight over his head in the log lift.. Shoulders of steel nobody came close to him..

By *rmrs1234Couple
over a year ago

Waterford

I did. Sure didnt i have to pre order the ppv. I dunnp whp was more excited, himself or the child. Yeah shes mad about larry wheels as well. I wonder should i start being concerned

Hahaha she is like her mama I suppose as you sound like a strong family. Sorry want to privet message but can't. Didn't you say you guys are doing BJJ, your kids will be untouchable with strongmen/arm wrestling/BJJ. That's how I will do it one day in the future.

I ordered that as well as a friend wanted to watch it other remotely. It was cool. It's so funny int he YT videos when they keep measuring hands. Hahaa"

ah yeah we just have things on private at the mo since were not meeting and im here gabbing as usual lol. Yeah the two oldest girls are doing bjj and mma. Eldest one wants to get into weights so well start her off on the low side. the third one will be of age to start next year and himself does powerlifting so yeah suppose we are a strong fam lol.

I generally tune out about the arm wrestling now but shes already excited for something coming up in november ( i dont know whats happening) she follows jay linder as well. german dude. suppose its better than some of shit out there lol. measuring hands. feckin men i swear

over a year ago

"

ah yeah we just have things on private at the mo since were not meeting and im here gabbing as usual lol. Yeah the two oldest girls are doing bjj and mma. Eldest one wants to get into weights so well start her off on the low side. the third one will be of age to start next year and himself does powerlifting so yeah suppose we are a strong fam lol.

I generally tune out about the arm wrestling now but shes already excited for something coming up in november ( i dont know whats happening) she follows jay linder as well. german dude. suppose its better than some of shit out there lol. measuring hands. feckin men i swear "

Yeah I get you.

Yeap that sounds like what I would have my kids doing. So great to hear about.

I must check him out too., I don't really know what's going on either I will just hear what news my friend gives me in it haha.

over a year ago

It reminds me of the run into New Year's. Its awesome what you can achieve with hard work, excessive eating and loads of performance enhancing drugs.

I do enjoy watching it.

over a year ago

Glasnevin

"It reminds me of the run into New Year's. Its awesome what you can achieve with hard work, excessive eating and loads of performance enhancing drugs.

I do enjoy watching it. "

There's no drugs involved or taken so I don't know what sport you're thinking of

over a year ago

"It reminds me of the run into New Year's. Its awesome what you can achieve with hard work, excessive eating and loads of performance enhancing drugs.

I do enjoy watching it.

There's no drugs involved or taken so I don't know what sport you're thinking of "

No way mate. Those lads are on steroids. There is no testing as far as I am aware. I have been in and around gyms my whole life and I know what is possible and what is not.

over a year ago

Glasnevin

I do enjoy watching it.

There's no drugs involved or taken so I don't know what sport you're thinking of

No way mate. Those lads are on steroids. There is no testing as far as I am aware. I have been in and around gyms my whole life and I know what is possible and what is not."

Well done? Well there are tests done, as they have to check their health, hearts issues, blood work all that type of stuff and I've seen that being done so between your opinion and actual proof of testing the competitors, I'm going to go with the actual evidence of testing done. Think you're talking about bodybuilders

over a year ago

I do enjoy watching it.

No way mate. Those lads are on steroids. There is no testing as far as I am aware. I have been in and around gyms my whole life and I know what is possible and what is not. Well done? Well there are tests done, as they have to check their health, hearts issues, blood work all that type of stuff and I've seen that being done so between your opinion and actual proof of testing the competitors, I'm going to go with the actual evidence of testing done. Think you're talking about bodybuilders "

They don't submit to WADA which is all I need to know. Even Hafthor Bjornssonn admitted to steroid usage. Its absolutely humanly impossible to get that big and strong without steroids.

We will just have to agree to disagree.

By *ajobMan
over a year ago

Newtownabbey

I do enjoy watching it.

No way mate. Those lads are on steroids. There is no testing as far as I am aware. I have been in and around gyms my whole life and I know what is possible and what is not. Well done? Well there are tests done, as they have to check their health, hearts issues, blood work all that type of stuff and I've seen that being done so between your opinion and actual proof of testing the competitors, I'm going to go with the actual evidence of testing done. Think you're talking about bodybuilders

They don't submit to WADA which is all I need to know. Even Hafthor Bjornssonn admitted to steroid usage. Its absolutely humanly impossible to get that big and strong without steroids.

We will just have to agree to disagree."

Off course PEDs are involved

Tests can be beat,these guys have a team of folk behind em....they all know what there doing....WADA is used by the UFC too....plenty of PEDs used there too..some get caught out...others end up with gyno....

Just accept that its part n parcel of this sport..these heavy weight big ass fellas are pushing themselves beyond the limits alot of the time....alot of hard ass work and dedication...whatever they do/use its there choice...it os what it is..

Strongmen dont train for hyperthrophy(muscle building)...its all low reps and power....again thats why powerlifters dont look as freaky as alot of bodybuilders....its a different style of training thatll give different end result...plus diet ways its night and day.....strongmen/powrrlifters dont have to get there bodyfat down to around 5% or so for a meet....they just need to train,eat and sleep and keep themselves in a comfortable place health and weight ways in relation to there goals.

over a year ago

I used to think places were cleaner...but over time in gyms, and MMA gyms I see there is a Ton of steroid use, especially when money is involved, also now even before in amateur stuff. I've actually come around to it more, especially if it's to put a roof over your head food for your kids...etc. But I don't like it in contact sports not at all, you could hit someone hard enough to kill them while you wouldn't have otherwise... And also if people are not taking them it's totally unfair. Either all can take or none.

I think if they legalize it in non-contact sport..open up ever nook and cranny of what's going on then you have twice as much resources and knowledge to catch those in contact sports.

If you take out those that are on it in contact sport you wont have many left I suppose.

By *he AlternativesCouple
over a year ago

Swingington

[Removed by poster at 18/06/21 18:37:27]

By *he Lone VikingMan
over a year ago

Terra Firma

Being in the Strongman world for many years both competing and organising I can quite confidently say nobody at WSM level is natural! Wise up lol

There are PEDs involved in most sports and if you think otherwise you are very very naive

By *osmicGateMan
over a year ago

louth

"Being in the Strongman world for many years both competing and organising I can quite confidently say nobody at WSM level is natural! Wise up lol

There are PEDs involved in most sports and if you think otherwise you are very very naive"

Pudzianowski was disqualified in the 00s for taking steroids.. It does happen..

By *he AlternativesCouple
over a year ago

Swingington

Ha nope 100% wasn't steroids at all he was banned for actually, was drugs yes but a but more recreational lol

By *ensiveMan
over a year ago

Lincoln area

Well done Tom Stoltman. Dangerously ageing rapidly mind you.

over a year ago

Nowadays if your not on some kind of drug in the gym your the odd one out.....always loved strongman since the early 90s. Amazing to see how much the weights have increased over the decades.

Post new Message to Thread