Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Ireland

Culture Appropriation

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

I suppose the world has taken out leprachan proud tradition and ran with it on St Patrick's day, so it's fair game

What's your favorite culture, which one if you had a choice would you appropriate?

I loved Japanese culture for so long, but now it's a bit of a cliché, very Irish like with the gratuide and the "sorrys". I loved African American for so long with the aul rap and funk and disco. South America has to much to choose from... But I tell ya what I think Esquimos are gonna be the next big thing. Ice houses Carnivore diet, great quality cloths. Yep it's the Esquimos life for me

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Well in that case you should know something that I only found out recently. The term Eskimo is considered by most to be an offensive slur. It is in Canada anyway, the indigenous people prefer Inuit.

Narhwals are also their main source of Vitamin C.

over a year ago

Yep it's Inuits for me for life..

over a year ago

So sleepy Belding, would give a go at the appropriation now or maybe you would a bit busy, maybe the Greeks they seem up for grabs?

By *inxnmasterCouple
over a year ago

naughty valley

I love the South American culture, Chile and Argentina in particular .

over a year ago

Yes all the civilisations there, there would be so much to choose from Myan, Inca, Warani many many places. And my Lord the food. Yuca, Plantain. And then there is Brazils food, wow! And then the landscapes unreal and biological life. Too much to appropriate/appriciate

Post new Message to Thread