Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Ireland

For women

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

We all know that the number of women is just a fraction of the number of men here, and while that should be a good thing, giving them more to choose from, that's not the case.

Many profiles and behaviour are sub par, which just works to tire women out.

So ladies, in general, what are the biggest challenges you face when looking for a partner on Fab? Also, if you could get them to change something, what would it be?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *issusWoman
over a year ago

Belfast

I can only seem to get 2 out of 3 lately which is becoming frustrating:

1. Compatible personality.

2. Lives within my proffered travel distance.

3. Doesn't show up.

1. Lives within travel distance.

2. Will most likely show up.

3. Incompatible personality.

1. Compatible personality.

2. Will most likely show up.

3. Lives in Cork (insert any other crazy distance from where you're located).

Feel like I've been dancing in this wicked circle for over a year now

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I don't think of them as barriers buts it more about my wants and desires and the other person involved,

As for profiles been sub par, some people are good at portraying a great image online and than been the opposite in person just like a basic profile can reveal a wee gem.

over a year ago

As we've found in various forum discussions in the last few day, we're all looking for different things so there's no one answer here

What I say the next poster could completely disagree with

over a year ago

"As we've found in various forum discussions in the last few day, we're all looking for different things so there's no one answer here

What I say the next poster could completely disagree with"

We can always agree to disagree without issue

By *ustBoWoman
over a year ago

Somewhere in Co. Down

I wouldn't want anyone to change anything about themselves just to meet me or anyone else from here.

Others behaviours or profiles don't tire me out either I don't see why they ever would.Crappy behaviour or profiles that don't interest me I find pretty easy to ignore .

Yes women have an easier time chatting on here but that doesn't make it simple to get meets with someone you click with and have chemistry with. There is a whole variety of reasons why I want to meet or not meet anyone. Distance,sense of humour,attraction,attitude etc.

But then I've been lucky and I've met some great people and made some real friends on here and of course had some hot amazing sex with some of them as well so I'm happy enough with my fab journey and when I'm not I just take a little break from here .

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

"As we've found in various forum discussions in the last few day, we're all looking for different things so there's no one answer here

What I say the next poster could completely disagree with"

Of course, I understand that.

I was thinking more along the lines of profiles being empty or poorly elaborated, nothing but dick pics on profile or just taken in any way... You know, the lack of effort towards the profile and the photos.

By *ustBoWoman
over a year ago

Somewhere in Co. Down

I was thinking more along the lines of profiles being empty or poorly elaborated, nothing but dick pics on profile or just taken in any way... You know, the lack of effort towards the profile and the photos."

It's their profile they can do what they want on it. I really don't understand why it's a big issue for anyone else what someone has on their profile if it's a profile that doesn't appeal you can just move on to one that does.The only person it really effects is the person who has the profile.

over a year ago

I was thinking more along the lines of profiles being empty or poorly elaborated, nothing but dick pics on profile or just taken in any way... You know, the lack of effort towards the profile and the photos."

Sure that's discussed daily here whenever some man has a boo hoo about not getting any meets

By *ealitybitesMan
over a year ago

Belfast

If you've made the effort with your pics and bio it shouldn't really matter what others do unless this is a compare and contrast thread?

By *t777Woman
over a year ago

close by

Biggest challenge would be finding someone who honest, and who meets what I'm looking for. I get bombarded with messages and most of those have dick pics attached....I just delete these straight away as there's a time and place. It's got to be more about personality and if they can't deal with that then they miss out.

Things to change...well if its the right person then why change anything?

By *oft_sexy_sweetWoman
over a year ago

Dublin

"We all know that the number of women is just a fraction of the number of men here, and while that should be a good thing, giving them more to choose from, that's not the case.

Many profiles and behaviour are sub par, which just works to tire women out.

So ladies, in general, what are the biggest challenges you face when looking for a partner on Fab? Also, if you could get them to change something, what would it be?"

I'd say lack of effort across the board. Little to no engaging profiles, poor pictures, and no interest in having a conversation or connecting beyond organising to meet.

I know that a lot of guys use Fab because they want casual / NSA sex and that seems to translate to many as no need to put in effort to engage with the person they're trying to fuck at all. Of course if that's what they're after, that's fine but it's definitely not for me, so if I could change one thing it would be that!

By *oghunter33Woman
over a year ago

on the hill NordWest of

If you go to the grocery shop to buy cucumbers you pick the ones that appeal to you best. The sub pars are of no concern of yours and you wouldn't want to see them dressed up with a bow around them to camouflage the blemishes.

By *3nsesMan
over a year ago

Dublin

Partner can have different meanings to different people.

I often wonder if women are looking for a regular FWB or FB the they might be better suited to other sites, that aren't like Fab.

I've also always struggled to grasp why women have such a dislike of dick pictures.

over a year ago

"Partner can have different meanings to different people.

I often wonder if women are looking for a regular FWB or FB the they might be better suited to other sites, that aren't like Fab.

I've also always struggled to grasp why women have such a dislike of dick pictures. "

Don't get me started

They're fucking ugly

By *oft_sexy_sweetWoman
over a year ago

Dublin

I've also always struggled to grasp why women have such a dislike of dick pictures. "

What other sites are those? Most single men on Fab are also looking for a regular FB in my experience!

over a year ago

I've also always struggled to grasp why women have such a dislike of dick pictures.

Don't get me started

They're fucking ugly"

What makes them ugly exactly? I’ve been on the border of showing it before but with this site I’ve kinda just gone with the mentality, well if they’re turned off by it then I don’t wanna meet them anyway.

There might be the potential to meet someone if I had different pictures but I wouldn’t really wanna change that mentality just for the possibility. I’m sure there’s a lot I could change about my profile anyway.

over a year ago

Don't get me started

They're fucking ugly

What makes them ugly exactly? I’ve been on the border of showing it before but with this site I’ve kinda just gone with the mentality, well if they’re turned off by it then I don’t wanna meet them anyway.

There might be the potential to meet someone if I had different pictures but I wouldn’t really wanna change that mentality just for the possibility. I’m sure there’s a lot I could change about my profile anyway. "

Why do most of them have a toilet in the background?

By *3nsesMan
over a year ago

Dublin

Don't get me started

They're fucking ugly"

But it's hard.

Ah some of them can be kinda interesting. Use your imagination with them!

By *oft_sexy_sweetWoman
over a year ago

Dublin

Don't get me started

They're fucking ugly

There might be the potential to meet someone if I had different pictures but I wouldn’t really wanna change that mentality just for the possibility. I’m sure there’s a lot I could change about my profile anyway. "

Dicks aren't ugly but most dick pics are Not Good. Zero thought on angles, usually bad lighting, messy / cluttered backgrounds, terrible underwear or socks visible... It's the no effort thing again basically.

By *3nsesMan
over a year ago

Dublin

What other sites are those? Most single men on Fab are also looking for a regular FB in my experience! "

I meant regular dating sites.

See, this is where things get interesting and terminology comes into it. For me, there is a difference between a FWB and a FB. A FWB I'd consider their personality important, a FB I'd only consider sexual comparability as being important. Now obviously has their own interpretations of those terms though.

Then if you want to go further down the rabbit hole you could start asking which is more important, personality or sexual comparability. I just get the sense that a lot of people are looking for a regular sexual partner, and personality would be the priority and then I'd wonder why not try regular dating sites.

By *laveishMan
over a year ago

kildare

The longer I am here the more I have come to realize that clubs or socials are the only way to go here. Profiles are a minefield!!!!

over a year ago

Don't get me started

They're fucking ugly

There might be the potential to meet someone if I had different pictures but I wouldn’t really wanna change that mentality just for the possibility. I’m sure there’s a lot I could change about my profile anyway.

Why do most of them have a toilet in the background? "

Fair point hahaha. I do look great tho.

By *oft_sexy_sweetWoman
over a year ago

Dublin

What other sites are those? Most single men on Fab are also looking for a regular FB in my experience!

See, this is where things get interesting and terminology comes into it. For me, there is a difference between a FWB and a FB. A FWB I'd consider their personality important, a FB I'd only consider sexual comparability as being important. Now obviously has their own interpretations of those terms though.

Then if you want to go further down the rabbit hole you could start asking which is more important, personality or sexual comparability. I just get the sense that a lot of people are looking for a regular sexual partner, and personality would be the priority and then I'd wonder why not try regular dating sites. "

Dating sites are for dating... Not fuck buddies.

By *3nsesMan
over a year ago

Dublin

Then if you want to go further down the rabbit hole you could start asking which is more important, personality or sexual comparability. I just get the sense that a lot of people are looking for a regular sexual partner, and personality would be the priority and then I'd wonder why not try regular dating sites.

Dating sites are for dating... Not fuck buddies. "

No, they are for fuck buddies too. All dating sites have it as an option in their profile settings.

over a year ago

No, they are for fuck buddies too. All dating sites have it as an option in their profile settings. "

In my experience dating sites are far easier to navigate if you want to hookup. Just be honest about your intentions and you will find more people that feel the same.

By *oft_sexy_sweetWoman
over a year ago

Dublin

No, they are for fuck buddies too. All dating sites have it as an option in their profile settings. "

No they don't - Tinder doesn't have a 'looking for' field at all, and Bumble has 'something casual' which may or may not have anything to do with sex depending on the person.

If all the women who wanted a FB or FWB or some effort put in left Fab that would definitely solve the ratio problem for you guys, though.

over a year ago

"

Dicks aren't ugly but most dick pics are Not Good. Zero thought on angles, usually bad lighting, messy / cluttered backgrounds, terrible underwear or socks visible... It's the no effort thing again basically. "

And would you say that about my one in particular? I wouldn’t of considered it in this category, although as someone else pointed out the bathroom one doesn’t float well amongst the Irish scene. Surprisingly enough there’s not this many standards for dick picks in other countries. And some worse pictures I’ve had have got good a reception over seas.

By *3nsesMan
over a year ago

Dublin

No, they are for fuck buddies too. All dating sites have it as an option in their profile settings.

No they don't - Tinder doesn't have a 'looking for' field at all, and Bumble has 'something casual' which may or may not have anything to do with sex depending on the person.

If all the women who wanted a FB or FWB or some effort put in left Fab that would definitely solve the ratio problem for you guys, though."

Tinders reputation is based on being a hook up site.

Exactly, bumble provides an option for fuck buddy - something casual. Okcupid has a "hook-up" option and pof has "something casual" like bumble.

Ratio isn't the problem, it's the quality on offer I'd say.

over a year ago

If all the women who wanted a FB or FWB or some effort put in left Fab that would definitely solve the ratio problem for you guys, though.

Exactly, bumble provides an option for fuck buddy - something casual. Okcupid has a "hook-up" option and pof has "something casual" like bumble.

Ratio isn't the problem, it's the quality on offer I'd say. "

Leave Fab and we'd lose the kinky community of 'like minded'

over a year ago

Don't get me started

They're fucking ugly

But it's hard.

Ah some of them can be kinda interesting. Use your imagination with them! "

show me an interesting one

By *issusWoman
over a year ago

Belfast

If all the women who wanted a FB or FWB or some effort put in left Fab that would definitely solve the ratio problem for you guys, though."

I genuinely wonder what is stopping those men who claim how easy it is to get hookups from dating sites from just going and getting their hookups there instead of nagging women on fab for being not loose enough to their standards

By *ed_AliceWoman
over a year ago

Belfast

" I genuinely wonder what is stopping those men who claim how easy it is to get hookups from dating sites from just going and getting their hookups there instead of nagging women on fab for being not loose enough to their standards "

BOOM!!!

By *3nsesMan
over a year ago

Dublin

[Removed by poster at 08/06/21 20:14:13]

By *3nsesMan
over a year ago

Dublin

"show me an interesting one"

PM sent.

By *yesgreenMan
over a year ago

north and south

"[Removed by poster at 08/06/21 20:14:13]"
More kinky women on POF

By *3nsesMan
over a year ago

Dublin

Ratio isn't the problem, it's the quality on offer I'd say.

Leave Fab and we'd lose the kinky community of 'like minded' "

Is it that like minded? People are here because they have one similar interest. The same reason people join a golf forum. They enjoy a two ball session and four ball sessions as well.

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 08/06/21 20:18:41]

Post new Message to Thread