Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Ireland

Fraud text messages

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Got one this morning about a dhl parcel not being delivered, I had nothing ordered so I deleted it. Just now another text message with my name on it about a parcel not being delivered from another number. Any advice on what I should do.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Got same txt with name on it. Havent ordered anything so knew was scam

over a year ago

I have the exact same, a couple of texts from DHL.

Got a phone calls today from a recorded message, telling me they audited my PPS number and I will I need to contact them about some nonsense or face prosecution.

I just ignored them.

By *oo32Man
over a year ago

tipperary

Block the numbers....forget about it

By *og-ManMan
over a year ago

somewhere

Have had 4 since yesterday

Just delete and don't click the link

By *ome_wild_girlWoman
over a year ago

Antrim Town

My national insurance no is now invalid, have to contact a non government website

By *osmicGateMan
over a year ago

louth

yea its called flu bot...dont click on any links in the texts they send..dont even open message delete it straight away

over a year ago

"yea its called flu bot...dont click on any links in the texts they send..dont even open message delete it straight away"

Heard matt Cooper chatting about it this evening. Sounds like nasty fraud

By *he English OneMan
over a year ago

west

Maybe they really want to give you a parcel maybe someone forgot it was your birthday no seriously ingnore them

I've had many similar messages one from lidl saying I won a laptop they just need my personal details and my bank details just in case it gets lost in the post

over a year ago

Myself and the missus have gotten a few texts since Friday about fake deliveries.

Yesterday I got a phone call with a prerecorded message indicating that I haven’t paid charges, am being sued, and there is a warrant out for my arrest! “Dial 1” to speak to our legal department..” Hilarious stuff!

Got a few phone calls from Spain this morning but didn’t answer them.

By *he English OneMan
over a year ago

west

Most of my out of the blue calls has been from Sri Lanka

I've only travelled between England and here I'm not even sure where Sri Lanka is

By *og-ManMan
over a year ago

somewhere

If you get a text to say you can catch covid from tins of ham...delete it

It's Spam

By *ustlooking900Man
over a year ago

Donegal

Got 1 yesterday like this saying the delivery driver was near to click the link to see where he was and then last week got one saying that my boarding pass was ready also had to click the link

By *isnameismargaretMan
over a year ago

Dublin

I just got the DHL text. Been waiting on a delivery since January. Got excited then realised I've been at home all day. Plus DHL probably don't use a website name the length of an elephant's trunk.

By *j47Man
over a year ago

limerick

DHL have a recording on their phone that there is a text being sent to click on a link that has not being sent by them nor has ur number being shared or passed on to anyone from them and the only web sites they use end in dhl.comm

Apparently

if u click on the link it allows the sender to download spyware on ur phone and harvest personal and bank details

Don't click on the link

Theres a few similar scams going on at the moment another is a text from Microsoft to upgrade ur windows system another very convincing scam. Also a cold call from a 051 number stating u overpaid taxes and ur due a refund if u furnish ur bank and credit card details they will repay the overpayment straight away. That one nearly caught me I think it was the strong Indian accent that made me ask which department of revenue he worked in as i didn't pay my tax by credit card but over the ROS system and that all repayments can be made to my account on that system

By *ealitybitesMan
over a year ago

Belfast

There was a phone scam running up here for weeks or months that made the news last week. I was aware of it before the news broke because a friends mum was caught up in it.

It involved ringing landlines initially as apparently it's only older people who still use them.

They claimed to be police officers and they were recruiting members of the public to help in a sting operation that required them to take specific sums from their bank and they would be approached and the money taken from them.

The sting was supposed to involve bank staff who were setting customers up to be robbed and was very elaborate.

A lot of elderly and vulnerable people were caught out before the real police stepped in.

Post new Message to Thread