Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Ireland

Pissing in the wind?

Jump to newest

By *amalus OP   Man
over a year ago

Tullamore

I've been on fab for little over a year. In all that time, I've been as polite as possible whenever I message a single female or a couple. And I've tried to flesh out my profile a decent amount, at least I think I have.

And yet, in all that time, I haven't had a decent conversation with anyone, and haven't even managed to get verified. There could be a very obvious reason for this (beyond the pandemic, and the fact that I'm a bigger guy) that I am just not seeing. And it has certainly rocked my confidence. I'd appreciate any pointers people could give me, and if I am just pissing in the wind and am hopeless, well I'd appreciate knowing that too!

Thanks in advance, and happy fabbing folks!

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Same...lots of heys, and hi but nothing more

By *aidbackcplniCouple
over a year ago

Portadown

Lots of couples don’t want to meet bi or bi curious men. Lots do, but lots don’t so there is a chunk of your potentials gone already. Your size will put others off, it’s just how it is.

The sheer number of men here willing and really wanting to meet who are in good shape and don’t have "Ya gotta earn this dick!" on their profiles is staggering.

I’m not saying that anyone is better than anyone else and you may do well on dating apps (I don’t know) but for us your profile is unappealing. If you think it’s a fair representation of you then change nothing and I hope post pandemic things improve for you but maybe think about how to take more flattering photos or be friendlier and more positive in your profile text.

over a year ago

"Lots of couples don’t want to meet bi or bi curious men. Lots do, but lots don’t so there is a chunk of your potentials gone already. Your size will put others off, it’s just how it is.

The sheer number of men here willing and really wanting to meet who are in good shape and don’t have "Ya gotta earn this dick!" on their profiles is staggering.

I’m not saying that anyone is better than anyone else and you may do well on dating apps (I don’t know) but for us your profile is unappealing. If you think it’s a fair representation of you then change nothing and I hope post pandemic things improve for you but maybe think about how to take more flattering photos or be friendlier and more positive in your profile text."

A very astute and clear considerate response.

It's becoming an increasingly difficult site to penetrate (!) OP.

I'm afraid I don't have any advice that will trump that which is given above.

By *oserMan
over a year ago

where the wild roses grow

I honestly think that using the forums help, folk get to see / read / interact with you.

Having said that you landed at the worst time obviously.

BUT

If this place is having an effect on your confidence get the hell off it

By *he English OneMan
over a year ago

west

I swear I predicted that the why can't I get a meet threads would start flourishing again RIP lockdown threads let's take a moment to reflect on these

over a year ago

His profile is a copy and paste of some chicks and he flipped it to a male version maybe a lil tweak here or there I mean who says " im confident enough to say ya gotta earn this dick "

By *s LollyWoman
over a year ago

The pub then supermacs ...

Think of your profile as a shop window, you need dress and display it to grab people's attention...If the pictures you have up and your bio is exactly how you think about yourself run with it and don't change... This is just my opinion but id learn to take more flattering pic's that suit your shape and mabey rethink some of your bio especially the" Earn this dick" like i said it's just my opinion...

By *yesgreenMan
over a year ago

north and south

"His profile is a copy and paste of some chicks and he flipped it to a male version maybe a lil tweak here or there I mean who says " im confident enough to say ya gotta earn this dick " "
They don’t meet straight either or old boys like me , Handsome and modest me lol

By *ustBoWoman
over a year ago

Somewhere in Co. Down

"Think of your profile as a shop window, you need dress and display it to grab people's attention...If the pictures you have up and your bio is exactly how you think about yourself run with it and don't change... This is just my opinion but id learn to take more flattering pic's that suit your shape and mabey rethink some of your bio especially the" Earn this dick" like i said it's just my opinion... "

over a year ago

As lolly said above your profile is your shop window. Your also 23 which is quite young so that narrows your quest even more.

over a year ago

The average new unverified guys profile here is the equivalent to Dealz it's cheap no effort and it does the job and they are popping up all over the place now. Be like Marks and Spencer have the ladies go out of their way to get the fancy dick

By *ed just RedWoman
over a year ago

Dublin City

23 is very young IMO. It would suggest to me that there isn’t much experience and that’s a red flag for me.

Many of us have children and after the last year, are really sick of teaching.

over a year ago

Ummmm just turn around simples

over a year ago

Disappointed this is not about pissing in the wind which I did with a fella one windy night in a carpark down a back lane.

Lots of fun

over a year ago

"I've been on fab for little over a year. In all that time, I've been as polite as possible whenever I message a single female or a couple. And I've tried to flesh out my profile a decent amount, at least I think I have.

And yet, in all that time, I haven't had a decent conversation with anyone, and haven't even managed to get verified. There could be a very obvious reason for this (beyond the pandemic, and the fact that I'm a bigger guy) that I am just not seeing. And it has certainly rocked my confidence. I'd appreciate any pointers people could give me, and if I am just pissing in the wind and am hopeless, well I'd appreciate knowing that too!

Thanks in advance, and happy fabbing folks!"

Ok. Let's break it down .

If you want honesty of why you are not getting meets I'll give my ooinion for what it's worth.

First of all the profile is not appealing at all. A few lines with sweet fuck all substance tonight. Same old ding dong you could read on another 1000 male profiles.

Single males are the overwhelming majority on here. If you are looking for a meet with a woman or couple you nees to stand out.

Think of a joh that has hundreds of cvs coming in.

Your cv doesn't entice engagement when reading it.

You mention that you are ample on your profile. Everyone has their types and you will be for some and not for others.

There is no obligation on anyone to fluff your pillow .

In a time of pandemic a lot of folks have stopped meeting altogether for legit reasons.

My advice is to contribute to the forums. Take rejection on the chin and be polite when you've not gpt the response you wanted.

Also at 23... you may be inder the illusion every swinger just wants an inexorable supply of random cocks . Everyone is different. Everyone has their own needs as do you.

Sometimes people need to mature for swinging. I know at 23 I didn't have the mindset I do now eo it's not aimed at you individually.

Work on your prpfile. Send out positive energy and those who are for you will reasonate witj you x

Post new Message to Thread