Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Ireland

Why so impatient?

Jump to newest

By *ed just Red OP   Woman
over a year ago

Dublin City

Having the chats with a girlfriend on here before I headed out, spy a new message, cute bloke, nice message. Though “I’ll reply in a bit”

Jump in the car for 10mins, then home - go to reread and reply to the message only to have a new one from him saying “you could at least acknowledge me or are you too important for that?”

So I blocked him.

So if men ever wonder why women block them, consider that as ANOTHER reason.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ilthyNightsCouple
over a year ago

East / North, Cork

The fragile ego on some men. You had a lucky escape.

By *ajobMan
over a year ago

Newtownabbey

Plenty of mindless idiots on here,some folk seriously dont know how to treat or chat to other ppl without coming across as childish or just plain nasty....ya wonder if there like that in the real world or think they can say what they like cause its not real here and everyones fake

By *olourpurpleMan
over a year ago

Waterford

"The fragile ego on some men. You had a lucky escape."

That’s it. It’s good when people show their true colours early. It saves a lot of time.

By *man79Man
over a year ago

newry dundalk. warrenpoint

90 % of the guys just think because a woman is on the site and online it’s a chance of a quick ride because they have some free time U could be just checking the updates or reading the forums while coronation street is on a break or making the lunches for school etc etc. Please be kind to these guys as their free time is ticking away #ridethe10%

over a year ago

Dublin City

"Guys like this give us other guys a bad name.

Go fuck yourself mate who ever the fuck you are."

Not upset or pissed off but I think it’s a good example of what women put up with.

No I won’t mark as unread to protect a hypersensitive ego.

No I won’t not read a message until I have time to reply.

No I won’t write back and explain what I was doing

No I won’t apologise for not acknowledging his message when I saw it.

I’ll just block so I’m not subject to any more shite. As I’m sure most women on here would. It would always explain why he’s been a member for over a year and hasn’t got a veri.

By *ealitybitesMan
over a year ago

Belfast

Couldn't disagree more. The only person who can give you a bad name is yourself.

What others do only reflects on them. If you allow it to reflect on you that's your problem not theirs.

over a year ago

Dublin City

Go fuck yourself mate who ever the fuck you are.

Couldn't disagree more. The only person who can give you a bad name is yourself.

What others do only reflects on them. If you allow it to reflect on you that's your problem not theirs. "

It’s a struggle not to go “ah fuck this” occasionally tho.

And it does impact other guys cos all women I know have done a block delete because of overwhelming amounts of messages.

Ie - For some reason I’ve had a huge amount of new guys messaging one-liners without having even looked at my profile the last few days. About 60 unread messages got deleted yesterday. So yeah. It does effect other men.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I for one am thankful so many men on here are like that. They cock block themselves and help out the competition

over a year ago

Dublin City

"I for one am thankful so many men on here are like that. They cock block themselves and help out the competition "

Exactly!!

By *ustBoWoman
over a year ago

Somewhere in Co. Down

What others do only reflects on them. If you allow it to reflect on you that's your problem not theirs.

And it does impact other guys cos all women I know have done a block delete because of overwhelming amounts of messages.

Ie - For some reason I’ve had a huge amount of new guys messaging one-liners without having even looked at my profile the last few days. About 60 unread messages got deleted yesterday. So yeah. It does effect other men. "

Filters can be used to stop most mail tho .That's why I have most of mine on so I don't get a load of mail could be that no one likes my profile as well tho

But I know before I set my filters I used to get a lot more mail I got fed up of it and set my filters tight for well over a year and it's been so much easier. If I see a profile I like I can make first contact. I don't have time to answer a load of mail but I do usually answer any nice messages and I don't judge every guy by a few twats who send crap messages. So I actually don't agree that the twats ruin it for anyone bar themselves.

By *ecentguy321Man
over a year ago

nearby

Its not just here, we live in a world were everyone wants instant gratification.

Even my mother expects me to reply to a txt instantly!

over a year ago

Ie - For some reason I’ve had a huge amount of new guys messaging one-liners without having even looked at my profile the last few days. About 60 unread messages got deleted yesterday. So yeah. It does effect other men. "

If you go ah fuck it someone else will come and replace you.

There are no shortage of great women on here who manage to through the shite.

As RB says idiots only impact themselves. It actually lowers the bar of what is expected as half decent communication on here

By *ealitybitesMan
over a year ago

Belfast

"I for one am thankful so many men on here are like that. They cock block themselves and help out the competition

Exactly!!"

You're contradicting yourself though. That's exactly what I said above. They don't generally have a negative affect on those who don't take that approach.

By *razy-CplCouple
over a year ago

and surrounding areas

"Having the chats with a girlfriend on here before I headed out, spy a new message, cute bloke, nice message. Though “I’ll reply in a bit”

Jump in the car for 10mins, then home - go to reread and reply to the message only to have a new one from him saying “you could at least acknowledge me or are you too important for that?”

So I blocked him.

So if men ever wonder why women block them, consider that as ANOTHER reason. "

Maybe he was in ur area and wanted to know what his chances were before he left

Mr crazy

By *aid backMan
over a year ago

by a lake with my rod out

Nobody's actions gives you a bad name. In fact the more dickheads out there the better it is for non dickheads. You only have to appear to be slightly more normal than these types of lads to stand out.

over a year ago

"I for one am thankful so many men on here are like that. They cock block themselves and help out the competition

Exactly!!

You're contradicting yourself though. That's exactly what I said above. They don't generally have a negative affect on those who don't take that approach. "

I think you may have mixed me up with something someone else may have said. I hadn't made any other comments to contradict myself. I do agree with your earlier comment, that it will only reflect badly on you, if you let it

By *ealitybitesMan
over a year ago

Belfast

Exactly!!

You're contradicting yourself though. That's exactly what I said above. They don't generally have a negative affect on those who don't take that approach.

I think you may have mixed me up with something someone else may have said. I hadn't made any other comments to contradict myself. I do agree with your earlier comment, that it will only reflect badly on you, if you let it"

No I wasn't quoting your comment. It was ops response I quoted.

over a year ago

Exactly!!

I think you may have mixed me up with something someone else may have said. I hadn't made any other comments to contradict myself. I do agree with your earlier comment, that it will only reflect badly on you, if you let it

No I wasn't quoting your comment. It was ops response I quoted. "

Ahh soz, it was me who was confused haha.

over a year ago

Nobody's actions gives you a bad name. In fact the more dickheads out there the better it is for non dickheads. You only have to appear to be slightly more normal than these types of lads to stand out."

Yeah I have to agree with this!

By *omtom1969Man
over a year ago

ashbourne

Nobody's actions gives you a bad name. In fact the more dickheads out there the better it is for non dickheads. You only have to appear to be slightly more normal than these types of lads to stand out.

Yeah I have to agree with this!"

The problem is most women on here will presume your a dickhead fist nd work backwards from that ,,, your starting off on the back foot all the time here

By *ofusplusCouple
over a year ago

Limerick

Exactly!!

You're contradicting yourself though. That's exactly what I said above. They don't generally have a negative affect on those who don't take that approach. "

I agree because we appreciate the good guys all the more then - Mrs

By *ofusplusCouple
over a year ago

Limerick

The problem is most women on here will presume your a dickhead fist nd work backwards from that ,,, your starting off on the back foot all the time here "

Totally disagree

By *ERRIBLE TWOSUMCouple
over a year ago

Suck mammys strap-on

"Having the chats with a girlfriend on here before I headed out, spy a new message, cute bloke, nice message. Though “I’ll reply in a bit”

So I blocked him.

Good way to filter out the muppets that slip through the cracks

By *he English OneMan
over a year ago

west

So I blocked him.

Acknowledgement? now I've heard it all is he some kind of high chief or something

By *elfastDMan
over a year ago

belfast

Nobody's actions gives you a bad name. In fact the more dickheads out there the better it is for non dickheads. You only have to appear to be slightly more normal than these types of lads to stand out."

That’s a pretty low bar to set

I know what you mean though

If normal people just behave normally that will be enough to show that you’re normal

By *ungry CatCouple
over a year ago

Belfast

What others do only reflects on them. If you allow it to reflect on you that's your problem not theirs. "

If the shoe fits as they say...

I do tend to avoid people who make such "bad guys make all men look bad" claims

By *oft_sexy_sweetWoman
over a year ago

Dublin

The problem is most women on here will presume your a dickhead fist nd work backwards from that ,,, your starting off on the back foot all the time here "

The problem is most men act like dickheads on this site so we have our guard up to protect ourselves. It's the bad behaviour you should be complaining about, not how women protect themselves from it.

By *ensualandslow321Man
over a year ago

Tullamore

Not all guys here are dickheads. Some of us can accept No or even not have a message read and just move on. Nobody here is under any obligation to anything they don't want to do.

over a year ago

"I for one am thankful so many men on here are like that. They cock block themselves and help out the competition "

Shhh... They'll figure out our scam.

By *oserMan
over a year ago

where the wild roses grow

Tbh I think the guys who hope on these threads with versions of "make us all look bad" or "make it difficult for the good guys" are numptys

Give women credit ffs,

They can multi task, they can iron a shirt in the blink of an eye, some can park (lets call it park for the sake of this comment)

And they can pretend that they have cum so we can have our dignity.

Lads cmon ffs give em credit

over a year ago

"Tbh I think the guys who hope on these threads with versions of "make us all look bad" or "make it difficult for the good guys" are numptys

Give women credit ffs,

They can multi task, they can iron a shirt in the blink of an eye, some can park (lets call it park for the sake of this comment)

And they can pretend that they have cum so we can have our dignity.

Lads cmon ffs give em credit "

By *aid backMan
over a year ago

by a lake with my rod out

That’s a pretty low bar to set

I know what you mean though

If normal people just behave normally that will be enough to show that you’re normal

"

It's a very low bar but a bar few manage to clear

By *ensualnFunCouple
over a year ago

Midlands

Totally agree with this.

I try to be nice and reply but it has bitten in the butt more than once... and not in a good way!

I should really use the block button more often!

By *unsigntwoCouple
over a year ago

athlone

Because SOME single guys think because this is a sex site that we are all just sitting around waiting for them to get intouch with us ...

And that they are more important then our normal life.

over a year ago

Its always nice to get a reply but I've got enough cop on not to bombard someone and being aggressive or pushy is just showing yourself up as being a clown. With the odds stacked firmly in the corner of the ladies as there are proberbly 100 or so men for every woman in terms of numbers its just dumb. I had a meeting with a lady on here for an intro coffee a few weeks back and from our conversation she is in touch with several ladies on here or some of her pals are on here and they share info on who the clods are. Also I don't take it personally if someone does not want to chat beyond a few massages.

over a year ago

Dublin City

"Its always nice to get a reply but I've got enough cop on not to bombard someone and being aggressive or pushy is just showing yourself up as being a clown. With the odds stacked firmly in the corner of the ladies as there are proberbly 100 or so men for every woman in terms of numbers its just dumb. I had a meeting with a lady on here for an intro coffee a few weeks back and from our conversation she is in touch with several ladies on here or some of her pals are on here and they share info on who the clods are. Also I don't take it personally if someone does not want to chat beyond a few massages."

Yet interestingly the assholes still get through.

Mad eh!!?

over a year ago

"Its always nice to get a reply but I've got enough cop on not to bombard someone and being aggressive or pushy is just showing yourself up as being a clown. With the odds stacked firmly in the corner of the ladies as there are proberbly 100 or so men for every woman in terms of numbers its just dumb. I had a meeting with a lady on here for an intro coffee a few weeks back and from our conversation she is in touch with several ladies on here or some of her pals are on here and they share info on who the clods are. Also I don't take it personally if someone does not want to chat beyond a few massages."
..Totally agree. Well said. Guys need to accept if there is no rapport then show respect and politely move on.

By *iscuits8Man
over a year ago

Meath / Dublin / Birmingham

I got that before off a woman here. It was gas. Messaged a little bit over and back then I read one but didn't reply immediately. Mentioned that I was working and sometimes get impromptu calls than can last half an hour, as well as just being a bit busy in general. Nah, blocked. G'luck, goodnight and god bless!

Post new Message to Thread