Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Ireland

The New Normal

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

I'm taking a little break from Fab from Sunday, 4 or 5 weeks should hopefully be enough.

Me taking a break doesn't warrant a post but maybe my reason does...

Day to day life has become a full time job, where did I ever get the time or was it all down to a routine.

Fair enough I'm up in Dublin for work which is a whole bunch of strangeness but.....

I'm leaving work every evening and just driving around visiting different places, general titting around just because I can, not getting home until about 8

The shops are open this week, there's a week gone at least....maybe 2. So I will be busy with all of that.

I've signed up for my vaccine, no date as of yet but the fact that its on the horizon is another reason to put meeting anyone off for another little while.

No sense in rushing out and getting Covid right at the end and ending up with long Covid for the sake of another couple of weeks.

So I reckon its going to take 4 or 5 weeks just to busy around enjoying my new freedoms, ridin rascals will have to wait until then.

Anyone else feeling the same, that normal day to day takes a bit getting used to?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I've gone from shift work to working Mon to Fri, 8 hr days and I'm loving it. Looking forward to the gym reopening , have had my fist vaccine, 2nd one will be next month. Looking forward to getting to the cinema, been able to go visit friends, life before covid for me was work sleep repeat, and weekends off or holidays off were rare. So will b nice to have weekends off.

over a year ago

Won't make much difference to me.

I will continue to buy everything online, cut my own hair, continue to work full time from home and live like a hermit ....Just because I prefer to

By *he rover returnedWoman
over a year ago

xxx

Even though I've been working yes life is getting busier again. I really don't want it to back to how it was. I think like most people a happy medium between the way it was and shut down. We've had a chance to prioritise so I feel its important to learn something from the last year

over a year ago

"Even though I've been working yes life is getting busier again. I really don't want it to back to how it was. I think like most people a happy medium between the way it was and shut down. We've had a chance to prioritise so I feel its important to learn something from the last year "

By *ouple 0073Couple
over a year ago

donegal

What's long covid? X

over a year ago

Once tou have registered ,it should only be a week or so.

By *ealitybitesMan
over a year ago

Belfast

Changed job in 2019 after more than 30 years with the same company due to lack of appreciation.

Only in new job a year when covid restrictions started and after 6 months on furlough I was let go.

Lots of uncertainty from Sept until February helping someone with their small business but that paid off as between us we have increased turnover and product awareness despite having 80% of customers still closed.

So my new normal is a much more relaxed attitude to work, a new appreciation of friendship and more focus on looking after my health including mental health.

By *og-ManMan
over a year ago

somewhere

"What's long covid? X"

This explains it

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/long-term-effects-of-coronavirus-long-covid/

By *ouple 0073Couple
over a year ago

donegal

"What's long covid? X

This explains it

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/long-term-effects-of-coronavirus-long-covid/"

thank you.. Ever days a school day x

Post new Message to Thread