Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Ireland

No problem???

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Stand back let a real man do this yeah.went at chopping wood blocks with an axe and wagges a number of years ago and boy did I swing that axe ,let rip all my weight on chopping that wood .even ignored the pain in my lower back and went at it again a second day. Finished the work and the next morning I was finished ,back pain .lower back for months afterwards. Fortunately only pulled muscles and I did recover and I thought I was fit. Any one else tried something physical and wish they hadn't afterwards.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Ya need to do your stretches before and after!!

I did something like that when moving houses a few years ago. Thought i can be a real man and carry all the heavy boxes myself. My back disagreed

Lesson learned that day

By *attooYouMan
over a year ago

just about northside

Aerating my lawn in dry weather

over a year ago

"Aerating my lawn in dry weather "
could you elaborate further?

over a year ago

I dug up a large portion of my lawn on Saturday afternoon as I'm making a patio. I never intended to do it all in one go, but I kept thinking "just one more row of sods". 3 hours later and I'd finished. My arms & shoulders still hurt beyond belief but go me

Mrs

over a year ago

"I dug up a large portion of my lawn on Saturday afternoon as I'm making a patio. I never intended to do it all in one go, but I kept thinking "just one more row of sods". 3 hours later and I'd finished. My arms & shoulders still hurt beyond belief but go me

Mrs"

And good for you. Would you mind me asking what was Mr doing while you were doing the heavy work?

over a year ago

"I dug up a large portion of my lawn on Saturday afternoon as I'm making a patio. I never intended to do it all in one go, but I kept thinking "just one more row of sods". 3 hours later and I'd finished. My arms & shoulders still hurt beyond belief but go me

Mrs.

And good for you. Would you mind me asking what was Mr doing while you were doing the heavy work? "

We don't live together - it's my garden

Post new Message to Thread