Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Ireland

Le freak c'est chic

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

On a lighter clothing note

What is the worst outfit or rigout you have ever worn that at the time you thought you were the absolute business in??

Mine was definitely a bright lime green silk blouse with massive pointy collar! I thought people were looking at me in amazement

Now....I think not

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *aid backMan
over a year ago

by a lake with my rod out

X worx jeans

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

My confirmation suit.. Baby blue shirt, blue velvet blazer, white (yes that's right) white pants and a pair of white shiny shoes... Oh and a big red rosette.. In case I wasn't drawing enough attention to myself

By *quinnMan
over a year ago

Limerick

Was strolling down the road in my skinny jeans earlier, looking fine and trim, minding my own business. Some fella on his way to a site or something rolled down his window, shouted 'pug' or something at me, took a pic and drove off. No idea what it was all about....

over a year ago

There was a trend in Dublin around the late 90’s early 00’s of wearing tracksuit bottoms, the shiny training type, with a checkered Ben Sherman shirt Mortified even thinking of it

By *og-ManMan
over a year ago

somewhere

Even worse than my leg warmers

A white silk suit bought in Top Shop on Oxford Street in London

Purple lining so when the sleeves were rolled up like Miami Vice I looked even more cool

A silk purple shirt

My purple loafers were offset by my white fluffy socks and the whole outfit shined brightly by the addition of the purple fake diamond brooch on one lapel

It was 1985 and I went to Blinkers nightclub where the bouncers laughed and refused to let me in but allowed my mates to go in

And the shoes hurt walking home

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

"There was a trend in Dublin around the late 90’s early 00’s of wearing tracksuit bottoms, the shiny training type, with a checkered Ben Sherman shirt Mortified even thinking of it "

If it's shiny it's from Guineys

By *ealitybitesMan
over a year ago

Belfast

Cream shirt and trousers. Slip on shoes with no socks and a blue linen jacket with the sleeves rolled up.

Sonny Crockett had a lot to answer for.

over a year ago

"There was a trend in Dublin around the late 90’s early 00’s of wearing tracksuit bottoms, the shiny training type, with a checkered Ben Sherman shirt Mortified even thinking of it "

Ahh shell suits.. All the rage back then. Try wearing formal dress at your brothers wedding complete with a top hat... From a distance I looked like a magicians wand

over a year ago

"There was a trend in Dublin around the late 90’s early 00’s of wearing tracksuit bottoms, the shiny training type, with a checkered Ben Sherman shirt Mortified even thinking of it

If it's shiny it's from Guineys "

And combine the above with the most obnoxious Nike air max too

over a year ago

Black naff naff jacket with BIG raver t-shirt (a take on the BIC Razor logo)

By *eanbelfastMan
over a year ago

Belfast

Loafers with no socks, multipleat trousers, t shirt and cotton jacket which you pulled the sleeves up. Just the gear for Miami Vice though in a cold wet Ireland it was fashion over function plus continually pulling the sleeves up was so annoying lol

By *og-ManMan
over a year ago

somewhere

"Was strolling down the road in my skinny jeans earlier, looking fine and trim, minding my own business. Some fella on his way to a site or something rolled down his window, shouted 'pug' or something at me, took a pic and drove off. No idea what it was all about...."

By *ctoboyMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

The old "Bay City Rollers" tartan lined jeans & trousers..."Shang-a-Lang"

over a year ago

I wore white jeans, pointy brown leather shoes, tight silky black shirt with a brown leather jacket... The lining of the jacket had fake white wool and i was drowned in aftershave...Floppy hair covering half my face finished off the look... I thought I was the bees knees... What a moron

over a year ago

"I wore white jeans, pointy brown leather shoes, tight silky black shirt with a brown leather jacket... The lining of the jacket had fake white wool and i was drowned in aftershave...Floppy hair covering half my face finished off the look... I thought I was the bees knees... What a moron "

Why am I picturing John Travolta in Saturday Night Fever..

over a year ago

"I wore white jeans, pointy brown leather shoes, tight silky black shirt with a brown leather jacket... The lining of the jacket had fake white wool and i was drowned in aftershave...Floppy hair covering half my face finished off the look... I thought I was the bees knees... What a moron

Why am I picturing John Travolta in Saturday Night Fever.. "

...Haha! Yeah I see what you thinking! But I loved Nirvana so think styled more on Kurt Cobain... The floppy hair and moody look... But he was cool and I was still a moron!!

over a year ago

Shellsuits lol

over a year ago

White vest and Thailand fishermans pants, and flip flops and cowboy hat, circa 2000.

Didn't give a f#@k.

Jeeeez

over a year ago

Oh and I forgot the fashionable Fanny Pack To finish off the shellsuit look

over a year ago

Oh the dreaded confirmation outfit

over a year ago

Probably my maroon crushed velvet pedal pushers with a pale pink ruffled silk blouse circa 1980. Rocked it

By *he rover returnedWoman
over a year ago

xxx

I owned a shell suit and a carpet jacket. It was the 90s ... the shame

over a year ago

"I owned a shell suit and a carpet jacket. It was the 90s ... the shame "

Hubba Hubba

By *ustBoWoman
over a year ago

Somewhere in Co. Down

Oh a yellow puffball dress for a wedding along with puffy sleeves and a blue padded sleeved jacket. With the jacket on I looked like a mini American footballer with it off I just looked like a yellow mushroom oh and blue pointy shoes as well to just complete the amazing look and crimped hair tied back with a yellow ribbon.

I am so glad there are no pictures of that particular outfit

By *ealitybitesMan
over a year ago

Belfast

"Oh a yellow puffball dress for a wedding along with puffy sleeves and a blue padded sleeved jacket. With the jacket on I looked like a mini American footballer with it off I just looked like a yellow mushroom oh and blue pointy shoes as well to just complete the amazing look and crimped hair tied back with a yellow ribbon.

I am so glad there are no pictures of that particular outfit "

Oh but there will be

By *ustBoWoman
over a year ago

Somewhere in Co. Down

"Oh a yellow puffball dress for a wedding along with puffy sleeves and a blue padded sleeved jacket. With the jacket on I looked like a mini American footballer with it off I just looked like a yellow mushroom oh and blue pointy shoes as well to just complete the amazing look and crimped hair tied back with a yellow ribbon.

I am so glad there are no pictures of that particular outfit

Oh but there will be "

Shush you I destroyed all evidence years ago

over a year ago

I loved my white jeans. They were massive when I was younger. I'm sure they looked terrible but in my mind I was sexy as hell

By *oserMan
over a year ago

where the wild roses grow

So one night I was heading to the End night club, couldn't find any clean shirts.

Robbed one out of my bros Wardrobe.

Meh fuck it it will do, ,

Eh Canary yellow-bad enough! The fooking thing was glow in the dark

Think Del boys mothers headstone and you are nearly there.

After a few pints couldn't give a fook.

Had to walk home that night,,,,, safest walk ever

By *ilthyNightsCouple
over a year ago

East / North, Cork

"So one night I was heading to the End night club, couldn't find any clean shirts.

Robbed one out of my bros Wardrobe.

Meh fuck it it will do, ,

Eh Canary yellow-bad enough! The fooking thing was glow in the dark

Think Del boys mothers headstone and you are nearly there.

After a few pints couldn't give a fook.

Had to walk home that night,,,,, safest walk ever "

Woooop had some great nights in The End. Didn't drink too many pints though back in the day. Long since closed now.

My worst would be the check shirt over a t-shirt and jeans with fashionable holes in.. and the best bit was the massive white boots with the massive tongue pulled up so they flopped about over the trouser leg. I thought I was hot shit, but I was just shit.

over a year ago

"On a lighter clothing note

What is the worst outfit or rigout you have ever worn that at the time you thought you were the absolute business in??

Mine was definitely a bright lime green silk blouse with massive pointy collar! I thought people were looking at me in amazement

Now....I think not "

You're showing your age with that word "rigout" . I haven't heard that word in years and years

over a year ago

Worst rigout ... white fluffy towel

By *j47Man
over a year ago

limerick

A brown pinstripe suit with flared trousers a cream shirt with a collar bigger than the lapels of the suit paired with brown and cream canvas shoes for a cousins wedding in Birmingham, got to the reception to see all my cousins dressed in SKA gear black drainpipes, white shirts, black jackets and slip on loafers with tassels on em

The ground couldn't open fast enough

By *s LollyWoman
over a year ago

The pub then supermacs ...

Crushed velvet tracksuit that had "Juicy" embroidered across the ass

By *onny26IrishMan
over a year ago

cork

"Was strolling down the road in my skinny jeans earlier, looking fine and trim, minding my own business. Some fella on his way to a site or something rolled down his window, shouted 'pug' or something at me, took a pic and drove off. No idea what it was all about...."

Lmfao

By *onny26IrishMan
over a year ago

cork

90's

Adidas stripe tracksuit suit pants with clip buttons all they way up and down the legs on the side..

Wasn't long before my friends nearly ripped the pants off me opening them up tolook like I was wearing shorts with the pants swinging as I walked haha

Post new Message to Thread