Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Ireland

Fab Awareness.

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

This is a thread that I  never thought I would ever write.  The last few weeks I was made aware of a whisper campaign against me . I did what I thought was for the best and I ignored and blocked those who were involved.  It takes a tough skin to take it here and there were days when I wanted to press the fab delete button.  Then I spoke to another woman and she too experienced the same treatment from this man and I realised that I was not alone.  I thought when this person was removed by fab for whatever reason or rules he broke that that was to be the end of all my hassle. Unfortunately I was wrong.  He has now decided to out my husband and I as he has formed this nasty vendetta against me. I have had enough and contacted this person and finally faced up to him and confronted him.  So my point is that there has been an outcry as to why these life bans are given to "popular people " and admin and mods are slatted for their actions.  After what I've been through and others like me . Just remember no one gets a full fab life ban for nothing. So whatever you have heard about my husband and I just remember we have been nothing but honest here.

(thread closed by moderator)

Reply privately

By *nickers pants guyMan
over a year ago

Cork killkenny laois Limerick Offaly kildare carlow Dublin Waterford and everywhere else

"This is a thread that I  never thought I would ever write.  The last few weeks I was made aware of a whisper campaign against me . I did what I thought was for the best and I ignored and blocked those who were involved.  It takes a tough skin to take it here and there were days when I wanted to press the fab delete button.  Then I spoke to another woman and she too experienced the same treatment from this man and I realised that I was not alone.  I thought when this person was removed by fab for whatever reason or rules he broke that that was to be the end of all my hassle. Unfortunately I was wrong.  He has now decided to out my husband and I as he has formed this nasty vendetta against me. I have had enough and contacted this person and finally faced up to him and confronted him.  So my point is that there has been an outcry as to why these life bans are given to "popular people " and admin and mods are slatted for their actions.  After what I've been through and others like me . Just remember no one gets a full fab life ban for nothing. So whatever you have heard about my husband and I just remember we have been nothing but honest here. "

I don't know who's been banned or left and haven't seen any of the quarrels so I won't comment on them. But outing someone outside of fab is an extremely low move.

Reply privately

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

What the F is wrong with some people that they need to do this to people, this is supposed to be a fun place

Reply privately

By *parklySassWoman
over a year ago

Sassville

In my experience of FAB over the years there's always two sides to a story and then the truth!

Reply privately

By *rprotonMan
over a year ago

Dublin

I'd say cheese dick, but that would be an insult to all them honest hard working cheese dicks

Reply privately

over a year ago

At this stage nothing surprises me anymore on this site

Reply privately

By *ofusplusCouple
over a year ago

Limerick

I'm so sorry that has happened to you and fair play for standing up for yourself and your husband

Reply privately

By *ontbesillywrapyourwillyMan
over a year ago

Tipperary

"This is a thread that I  never thought I would ever write.  The last few weeks I was made aware of a whisper campaign against me . I did what I thought was for the best and I ignored and blocked those who were involved.  It takes a tough skin to take it here and there were days when I wanted to press the fab delete button.  Then I spoke to another woman and she too experienced the same treatment from this man and I realised that I was not alone.  I thought when this person was removed by fab for whatever reason or rules he broke that that was to be the end of all my hassle. Unfortunately I was wrong.  He has now decided to out my husband and I as he has formed this nasty vendetta against me. I have had enough and contacted this person and finally faced up to him and confronted him.  So my point is that there has been an outcry as to why these life bans are given to "popular people " and admin and mods are slatted for their actions.  After what I've been through and others like me . Just remember no one gets a full fab life ban for nothing. So whatever you have heard about my husband and I just remember we have been nothing but honest here. "
I have actually gotten a mail or 2 about you from a profile thats now gone. very strange individuals lurking the net.

Reply privately

By *ast_jjMan
over a year ago

Dublin and London

"What the F is wrong with some people that they need to do this to people, this is supposed to be a fun place "
Exactly, this is supposed to be fun, but unfortunately there are some nasty people out there too. Hope you and hubby are OK OP.

Reply privately

By *lameBoyMan
over a year ago

Enfield & Dublin

[Removed by poster at 30/04/21 23:07:21]

Reply privately

By *lameBoyMan
over a year ago

Enfield & Dublin

I’m so disgusted that you and your husband have had to go through this. You have always been such a lady in any forum I’ve seen you comment in or anything else.

I sincerely hope that you’re okay and that you have no more issues.

Sending you big hugs.

Reply privately

By *phrodite72Woman
over a year ago

dublin/galway

Hope u and your hubbie are ok

Fab is full of smoke and mirrors

Stay strong ye have done nothing wrong..shoulders back chin up girl

Reply privately

By *ouple 0073Couple
over a year ago

donegal

That is feckin terrible.. What a Horrible thing to do..fair play to you for standing up to him.. Or it.. That might be a better word to use for someone like that x

Reply privately

By *ustin-SiderMan
over a year ago

Belfast

You've always been sound any times I have seen you comment in the forums.

Quite sad that some people are so empty that they behave like that but I'm glad you got it sorted in the end.

Outing someone outside of here for any reason is just the lowest of the low.

Reply privately

By *hilaboutMan
over a year ago

kilkenny

Never smoke without fire

Reply privately

By *aid backMan
over a year ago

by a lake with my rod out

It's been I while since I got a mail about people probably a few years it must mean I'm no longer "in the loop" and I've never been happier to learn that.

OP don't pay any notice to poison letters/Chinese whispers. Over the past decade I've had shite spread about me and I seen it happen to lots of people. It's normally just people who are unhappy with their life trying to make themselves feel better.

Reply privately

By *he English OneMan
over a year ago

west

Goes to show there are seriously disturbed people amongst us it's sad that people can't enjoy their life without someone deliberately trying to ruin it

Like as if there isn't enough going on if this guy keeps hassling you outside of fab report them to the guards for harassment

Reply privately

By *aid backMan
over a year ago

"Goes to show there are seriously disturbed people amongst us it's sad that people can't enjoy their life without someone deliberately trying to ruin it

Like as if there isn't enough going on if this guy keeps hassling you outside of fab report them to the guards for harassment "

You should have been here years ago there was exposé every few months of lots of "gossip" and shit stirring it was almost like a rite of passage on here when you where name checked my the crazies. One time they even called my cakes shit I've never been so insulted

Reply privately

By *ardyboy54321Man
over a year ago

Fermanagh

I hate seeing this happen to anyone. Fabs ment to be a fun place not this shit. There's some nut jobs out there.You had the misfortune of receiving it this time and unfortunately there will be others will suffer. Hardy xx

Reply privately

By *phrodite72Woman
over a year ago

dublin/galway

"Never smoke without fire"

On fab often fire without smoke

Reply privately

By *oserMan
over a year ago

where the wild roses grow

This place attracts all sorts of good and bad folk, like Laid said on a previous post it was mental here years ago, the Chinese whispers and back stabbing was unreal.

Hopefully this is just a glitch (no disrespect to your situation OP) and we can get back to the normal drama of fab soon

Reply privately

By *aid backMan
over a year ago

Are you saying the op deserved this or that the people who got banned deserved to be banned for life ?

Reply privately

By *hilaboutMan
over a year ago

kilkenny

Look hey it is what it is move on

Reply privately

By *aid backMan
over a year ago

"Look hey it is what it is move on"

Noted.

Reply privately

By *ofusplusCouple
over a year ago

Limerick

Why comment at all if you view it as unimportant? Or are you trying to say something without actually saying it?

Reply privately

over a year ago

Fab is a world where your reputation means everything. People meet based an verifications, and rumours spread like wild fire.

Any "sane" human being, who is supposedly popular and wise to the world of fab, would know if they 'out' another popular person on Fab, they would gain nothing; but will lose reputation, trust, and possibly retaliation in their own personal life. No one on Fab would chance talking to them ever again, lest they have a falling out and suffer the same fate.

People are saying "no smoke without fire... two sides to every story..., but whoever this 'popular' person is, is obviously not sane, and cutting off their nose to spite their face.

Fuck 'em.

Reply privately

By *ofusplusCouple
over a year ago

Limerick

"Fab is a world where your reputation means everything. People meet based an verifications, and rumours spread like wild fire.

Any "sane" human being, who is supposedly popular and wise to the world of fab, would know if they 'out' another popular person on Fab, they would gain nothing; but will lose reputation, trust, and possibly retaliation in their own personal life. No one on Fab would chance talking to them ever again, lest they have a falling out and suffer the same fate.

People are saying "no smoke without fire... two sides to every story..., but whoever this 'popular' person is, is obviously not sane, and cutting off their nose to spite their face.

Fuck 'em.

"

Spot on

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Fab is a world where your reputation means everything. People meet based an verifications, and rumours spread like wild fire.

"

Funny when I defended myself a few weeks ago over been accused of attending a party was told reputation on here doesn't matter and to ignore the people spreading rumours

Reply privately

over a year ago

Funny when I defended myself a few weeks ago over been accused of attending a party was told reputation on here doesn't matter and to ignore the people spreading rumours "

Ahh, you need to ignore those people, who told you that you should ignore those other people.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Have you got smoke up your arse...? Not sure what your saying

Reply privately

By *j47Man
over a year ago

limerick

There is a nasty side to fab that reeks of jealousy that rears its head every now and again people talking and spreading rumours without any concern for those that it may affect.

The good thing about this is that u faced it head on dealt with the source and shown that the bullies can't win and while that takes balls it is the right thing to do hopefully this bully will have learnt their lesson and not treat people like they have treated you and your husband again

Let it be a lesson to us all don't feed the trolls and turning ur head only lets the bullies win fair play to the op and her husband for standing up and trough their actions fab is a tad better for the rest of us

Reply privately

By *ilthyNightsCouple
over a year ago

East / North, Cork

I'm so sorry. That's a really really ugly thing to do to someone. I really hope it doesnt have too big an impact on you and hubby.

To anyone who is reading this and is minded to defend these people... you are wrong. This is indefensible.

Reply privately

over a year ago

That attitude is going to serve you well on here .

Reply privately

By *eralt80Man
over a year ago

cork

Very sorry to read what happened to yourself and your husband OP, it was a horrible betrayal of trust on their part. Fair play for facing up to the bully, it’s the only way to deal with them.

Reply privately

over a year ago

I am sorry this has happened to you OP. Unfortunately its a common thing here on fab. If it hadnt been this person , it would have another. Although its an adult sex site, ßome people can be very childish in their behaviour.

Reply privately

By *oreThanOnceMan
over a year ago

Dublin

"In my experience of FAB over the years there's always two sides to a story and then the truth! "

So true!

Reply privately

By *ebel_LionMan
over a year ago

cork

so sorry you both had to go through that nonsense, this is meant to be a fun and safe place.....any one who breaches it has no business here

Reply privately

By *willfindyouWoman
over a year ago

Not looking to meet new peeps.

OP that's terrible. Hope yee are ok x

Reply privately

By *ilbearniMan
over a year ago

peninsula

I've noticed that there are a few regular forumites have stopped posting recently. Hope this nasty business is over for you OP.

I have often people post on their profile updates about others, vaguely disguising the username but giving enough info as to identify them. And wondered sometimes whether some had posted about me. Maybe there should be a way to know if your username has been used on a profile, other than others letting you know

Reply privately

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

It is always wise to report things like this, as you have found out, Admin take it very seriously. They are normally suspended rom the site not just the forum.

I am going to shut this now as posts are starting to break rules plus the speculation posts are not fair

Reply privately