Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Ireland

Are they gangsters

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Do you trust what NEPHET and the government tell us is 100% true?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Trust 100% nope

A lot of things should have been done better at the start, I think our government has a habit of not making the hard choices at the beginning and just pushing the ball down the road and hoping it will sort itself it.

But than a lot of other countries have made mistakes too.

By *he English OneMan
over a year ago

west

Hard to say to be honest I mean you would think trusting them wouldn't be an issue but just certain things you might question but when you do that the mob with pitch forks and torches come calling

By *ensualandslow321Man
over a year ago

Tullamore

Just wish the Government/Hse etc would stop over promising and under delivering. Ideally it should be the other way around.

By *affa31Woman
over a year ago

Galway

I trust NPHET but I don’t think the government is applying their recommendations appropriately. They have chosen the easier/more popular option on many occasions leading to bigger problems down the road.

By *rprotonMan
over a year ago

Dublin

Unfortunately, and to my great, personal disappointment, I would not trust the government nor NPHET more than I could throw them.

This deterioration of trust started with the way the numbers were reported on, which then led to a conclusion that the numbers were manipulated to suit whatever agenda was on the table at the time.

Most recently, with them opening the registration for vaccination, and the rate at which they are driving down the minimum age a person can be to register for it, leads me to the conclusion that there is a HUGE number of anti-vaxxers out there, and that these numbers are not reported on.

To summarize, the public is being lied to, and the public is being manipulated, and there is no transparency to this effort and process.

over a year ago

Only a fool would trust everything they heard from a politician. NPHET's primary aim is to reduce headline numbers and death or serious illness, the economy is of no concern to them, they are public sector employees, not politicians, therefore they are not goal congruent with the government.

The only thing I believe is that June 31st is still an achievable goal for 80% of the adult population to be vaccinated.

over a year ago

"Only a fool would trust everything they heard from a politician. NPHET's primary aim is to reduce headline numbers and death or serious illness, the economy is of no concern to them, they are public sector employees, not politicians, therefore they are not goal congruent with the government.

The only thing I believe is that June 31st is still an achievable goal for 80% of the adult population to be vaccinated. "

Plus 16 advisors on the nphet board way to bring a number to major a proper decision.

By *ilthyNightsCouple
over a year ago

East / North, Cork

I trust that they believe they're doing whats right for the country... but that the decisions are terribly difficult and prone to making mistakes as they don't have perfect data and projections are just best guesses.

By *ilthyNightsCouple
over a year ago

East / North, Cork

But are they gangsters? No definitely not

By *ka ..Agent k ..Man
over a year ago

Meath, Louth border of Airgialla & Naughty,

[Removed by poster at 28/04/21 14:53:48]

over a year ago

"Only a fool would trust everything they heard from a politician. NPHET's primary aim is to reduce headline numbers and death or serious illness, the economy is of no concern to them, they are public sector employees, not politicians, therefore they are not goal congruent with the government.

The only thing I believe is that June 31st is still an achievable goal for 80% of the adult population to be vaccinated. "

You have more faith then me in that goal than I would

By *oft_sexy_sweetWoman
over a year ago

Dublin

"

That's the number one thing I don't believe right now!!

I don't "trust" them any more or less than any other public body but I believe they are doing their best, in the best interests of the public, with the information and resources they have available.

By *oft_sexy_sweetWoman
over a year ago

Dublin

"Do you trust what NEPHET and the government tell us is 100% true? "

Oh and nothing that anyone on this earth says is 100% true, ever.

over a year ago

The only thing I believe is that June 31st is still an achievable goal for 80% of the adult population to be vaccinated.

You have more faith then me in that goal than I would "

June 31st?

over a year ago

You have more faith then me in that goal than I would

June 31st? "

What year

By *ombikerMan
over a year ago

the right side of the river

Well the fact that some of them and their advisers sold their start up company to Pfizer for 30 million or was it 300 million, but whatever the amount, they are hardly impartial. Citrix or steric or something is the name of the company.

I’m sure the fact checkers can tell me the accurate information.

Gangsters no, corrupt eh mmmm wellll eh, no more so than your average politician

By *ilthyNightsCouple
over a year ago

East / North, Cork

"Well the fact that some of them and their advisers sold their start up company to Pfizer for 30 million or was it 300 million, but whatever the amount, they are hardly impartial. Citrix or steric or something is the name of the company.

Gangsters no, corrupt eh mmmm wellll eh, no more so than your average politician "

If you want the foremost experts in the country then you have to accept that some of them have a history like this. You WANT people with experience. As long as there are no current conflicts of interest then it's all good.

By *ay_Gatsby_D4Man
over a year ago

City Centre, Dublin, Belfast

I don’t trust politicians, they’ve one eye on how the electorate thinks/feels about their actions rather than focusing on what’s best to handle the virus, popularity be damned.

However I don’t really understand the hate towards NPHET, they’re only focused on keeping spread, deaths down and making sure hospitals don’t get overwhelmed. Economy, general mood etc doesn’t come into their work.

I see a lot of people spouting nonsense about NPHET not being elected, you don’t elect experts, they’re in their jobs due to knowledge and expertise not popularity.

By *osmicGateMan
over a year ago

louth

Nope the way they calculate the daily deaths doesn't make sense at all.. 12 deaths today but they happened 2 months ago.. Wtf is that all about?

By *oft_sexy_sweetWoman
over a year ago

Dublin

"Do you trust what NEPHET and the government tell us is 100% true?

Nope the way they calculate the daily deaths doesn't make sense at all.. 12 deaths today but they happened 2 months ago.. Wtf is that all about? "

It's daily registered deaths. Not deaths that occurred today. Families have up to three months to register the death of their loved one.

By *he English OneMan
over a year ago

west

I suppose if you look at it this way if government kept all their promises there wouldn't be any need of elections

By *lameBoyMan
over a year ago

Enfield & Dublin

"I trust NPHET but I don’t think the government is applying their recommendations appropriately. They have chosen the easier/more popular option on many occasions leading to bigger problems down the road. "

I absolutely agree with you. They are way too busy watching votes and looking out for cronies.

By *cean1963Man
over a year ago

n6

Not one bit. Wait until the history books are written and people will say "why or how did people stand for all the nonsense and lies "

over a year ago

I trust that the idea of NPHET is to keep the healthcare industry afloat. On a adminstrative side of things yes they are.

As for covid numbers and cases and lockdowns I don't trust them. They're government. Governments are professional liars and they only have their best interests at hand.

There is so much hypocrisy around Covid and the lockdowns and rules that I find it hard to actually believe anything that they issue. In any case pay the fucken student nurses and open up the country

By *ilthyNightsCouple
over a year ago

East / North, Cork

[Removed by poster at 28/04/21 22:19:18]

By *ilthyNightsCouple
over a year ago

East / North, Cork

"Not one bit. Wait until the history books are written and people will say "why or how did people stand for all the nonsense and lies ""

No I suspect the history books will be more concentrating on the historically quick vaccine creation and the fast tracking of the RNA techniques that will yield other medical triumphs going forward. Sadly they will also concentrate on the greediness of rich countries and the death rate in poorer ones.

They will laugh at the conspiracy nutjobs who are claiming outlandish pharma conspiracy/5g/lab engineered virus.

If you want to see government lies go to South Korea who are currently arresting people for talking publicly about oxygen shortages to keep them quiet. We are lucky here

By *owdyBoobyMan
over a year ago

limerick

"I trust NPHET but I don’t think the government is applying their recommendations appropriately. They have chosen the easier/more popular option on many occasions leading to bigger problems down the road. "

100% Agree the politicians are taking the easy road every time until they've no option but not to.

By *j47Man
over a year ago

limerick

NPHET are using fresh data to calculate the best route forward and for the most part their recommendations have being spot on, the way the government have viewed and implemented these recommendations has left a lot to be desired. This is no more evident when the you look at the travel quarantine NPHET recommended last May that it be implemented only after public pressure forced the hand of the government to implement it in February.

As badly as the gov have handled this we are not doing to bad and i think a lot of this has to be attributed to NPHET being on top of their game learning and adapting to a very fast changing environment in the last sixteen months

By *oghunter33Woman
over a year ago

on the hill NordWest of

Why would you fully trust a team that is chaired by the chief medical adviser who was involved in the cancer screening cover up and also some questions to answer for in regards to the handling of the swineflu vaccine Pandemrix that caused up to 70 cases of Narcolepsy in Ireland?

As for the Politicians, bunch of crooks.

By *antra MassageMan
over a year ago

Wicklow

I never trust politicians. This lot in Ireland lost my trust over the years. I think medicine and politics need to be seperate. All irish politicians are unable to make hard decisions, but blow with the wind, and their eye on their popularity in the next election. I make up my own mind about my own health, i know my own body, and keep it healthy. While I listen to the medics, I don't always follow their advise.

By *arlos11191Man
over a year ago

Bray

Of course

over a year ago

"I never trust politicians. This lot in Ireland lost my trust over the years. I think medicine and politics need to be seperate. All irish politicians are unable to make hard decisions, but blow with the wind, and their eye on their popularity in the next election. I make up my own mind about my own health, i know my own body, and keep it healthy. While I

listen to the medics, I don't always follow their advise. "

well spoken

over a year ago

They've been cooking the numbers since day one, so its hard to say but personally whatever about NPHET but this government is probably up there with Bertie and the class of the noughties so I would probably trust a tinker with his sister before id place any hope in that shambles of a government

By *safunwituMan
over a year ago

Enniscorthy

"Why would you fully trust a team that is chaired by the chief medical adviser who was involved in the cancer screening cover up and also some questions to answer for in regards to the handling of the swineflu vaccine Pandemrix that caused up to 70 cases of Narcolepsy in Ireland?

As for the Politicians, bunch of crooks. "

Narcolepsy from pandemrix, there was tens of thousands of cases of Narcolepsy from that vaccine roll out in Europe alone and it was also covered up in other countries like America and that. But they did take it off the market and sure the big pharma were indemnified for that too.

By *ubal1Man
over a year ago

Newry Down

I trust the medical professionals (WHO, virologists, epidemiologists, pandemiological statisticians, medical psychologists, CMO, Deputy CMO, et al; but professional politicians have an underlying personal agenda to ensure their re-election and their personal financial security by retaining their power and influence in the Dail, Stormont, and House of Commons.

They are expert at 'bending the facts to suit their own ends'.

Boris epitomises the professional politicians' modi operandi.

By *haggy_bearMan
over a year ago

Sligo

"

This deterioration of trust started with the way the numbers were reported on, which then led to a conclusion that the numbers were manipulated to suit whatever agenda was on the table at the time.

Most recently, with them opening the registration for vaccination, and the rate at which they are driving down the minimum age a person can be to register for it, leads me to the conclusion that there is a HUGE number of anti-vaxxers out there, and that these numbers are not reported on.

To summarize, the public is being lied to, and the public is being manipulated, and there is no transparency to this effort and process."

Just because you don't understand the information being given to you, that doesn't mean you are being lied to.

By *haggy_bearMan
over a year ago

Sligo

"Well the fact that some of them and their advisers sold their start up company to Pfizer for 30 million or was it 300 million, but whatever the amount, they are hardly impartial. Citrix or steric or something is the name of the company.

Gangsters no, corrupt eh mmmm wellll eh, no more so than your average politician "

You are very confused. Somebody who isn't even on NPHET sold his company to another company, NOT Pfizer, that's not even involved in vaccine production.

over a year ago

Hmmmm, So the majority don't trust them but also the majority will condemn without a carrful judgement those who oppose and question the gov's politics. Interesting and funny

By *ontbesillywrapyourwillyMan
over a year ago

Tipperary

the whole outlook is to protect the health service. keep hospital and ICU numbers low enough to cope but in doing so you're loosing people their livelihoods in many areas. the port situation in trying to stop added variants in the country should of been handled better but that's the past. I'm looking to the future and hopefully we're out of our last lockdown. vaccines can only pick up but I see today a chunk of the 60 -69 age group refused the vaccine. you're going to have many who won't take it I feel and that will hamper the target they have set % wise.

over a year ago

"Hmmmm, So the majority don't trust them but also the majority will condemn without a carrful judgement those who oppose and question the gov's politics. Interesting and funny

"

Hmmmmm it's almost like some of the actions people questioned were against basic common sense and not because people are sheep as has been thrown in their faces regularly

By *DGF20Man
over a year ago

Dublin

You must be joking

over a year ago

"

Hmmmmm it's almost like some of the actions people questioned were against basic common sense and not because people are sheep as has been thrown in their faces regularly "

No, no no. I'm talking about important stuff, not the inane interaction on social media, where I suppose that people you are referring to, where called sheep. By the way, how insulting!

By *ongueandgroove555Couple
over a year ago

Waterford

"I trust that they believe they're doing whats right for the country... but that the decisions are terribly difficult and prone to making mistakes as they don't have perfect data and projections are just best guesses. "

Agree, I don't think any if the ever wanted to of thought they would have to make the decision they have in the last year and are just doing the best job they can.

By *ebel_LionMan
over a year ago

cork

"Not one bit. Wait until the history books are written and people will say "why or how did people stand for all the nonsense and lies "

No I suspect the history books will be more concentrating on the historically quick vaccine creation and the fast tracking of the RNA techniques that will yield other medical triumphs going forward. Sadly they will also concentrate on the greediness of rich countries and the death rate in poorer ones.

They will laugh at the conspiracy nutjobs who are claiming outlandish pharma conspiracy/5g/lab engineered virus.

If you want to see government lies go to South Korea who are currently arresting people for talking publicly about oxygen shortages to keep them quiet. We are lucky here"

Nail..on ..the ...head

Post new Message to Thread