Back to forum list
Back to Ireland

The dubs

Jump to newest

By *eb66 OP   Man
over a year ago

Dublin

Congrats and a big thank you to this magnificent team

Watching history been made over and over is awesome.

Merry Xmas to all

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ore of thatMan
over a year ago

skerries

Same here . Awesome bunch of guys

And ladies also

By *1shadesofnaughtyMan
over a year ago

South Limerick

Tell us this....what's the Dublin county boards budget for the senior football team for the year.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"Tell us this....what's the Dublin county boards budget for the senior football team for the year. "

Probably around the same as the limerick hurlers tbh....

But anyway regardless of finances the football the dubs have played over the last 8 years has been fantastic and I'm glad I have been able to witness it

By *P_80Man
over a year ago

Waterford

I've always thought that while the Dubs are a great team, playing in front of tens of thousands of their own fans every Championship game played a significant role in how much success they've had in the last few years.

I now stand corrected.

Great achievement and as the OP said, we're watching history being made.

Well done Dublin.

By *1shadesofnaughtyMan
over a year ago

South Limerick

"Tell us this....what's the Dublin county boards budget for the senior football team for the year.

Probably around the same as the limerick hurlers tbh....

But anyway regardless of finances the football the dubs have played over the last 8 years has been fantastic and I'm glad I have been able to witness it"

Not a Limerick man...and wouldn't know much about the smaller counties.

over a year ago

They are most likely going to rack up 10 in 1 row. Regardless of whether the Dubs get split (most likely not) the sport has to look at ways of making it more entertaining. As a natural to football its kinda gone boring and predictable

over a year ago

Splitting is a god awful plan... Dublin north v Dublin South would not be a great final for the neutrals

By *ore of thatMan
over a year ago

skerries

Retired broadcaster put everything in prospective. A galway man through and through

Its not the money the puts the ball over the bar . Other counties should stop moaning and get on with the job . Of trying to up their game an compete.

By *ore of thatMan
over a year ago

skerries

Mr Michael lester

over a year ago

"Retired broadcaster put everything in prospective. A galway man through and through

Its not the money the puts the ball over the bar . Other counties should stop moaning and get on with the job . Of trying to up their game an compete. "

True but it helps. Clubs in Dublin have full time GAA coaches, yeah clubs. Alot of other counties dont. It is up to the rest to raise their game but anyone that says to money allocation needs to research further. Its nothing to do with numbers either.

I think Dublin should never be split, they are in my eyes the best team I have ever seen BUT I think their financial power should be reduced. 28 people on the backroom team!!!

over a year ago

"Retired broadcaster put everything in prospective. A galway man through and through

Its not the money the puts the ball over the bar . Other counties should stop moaning and get on with the job . Of trying to up their game an compete. "

Money makes a difference in every sport and the Dubs have that advantage. But that being said all other counties need to rethink. Other sports have been able compete with big guns.. Its not easy but possible

By *entleman PoliteMan
over a year ago

Mars

Plenty of sponsors getting their hands in the pocket.

By *ichael McCarthyMan
over a year ago

Lucan

Before people comment on what the Dublin County board spend on the Dublin senior football team, it might be worth having a look around. If I remember correctly, the last set of figures I saw in this regard was from about two years ago and Mayo, Galway, Roscommon and Cork were all spending more on their senior football teams.

Yes, Dublin gets more money but it's mostly spent at underage level and not on the senior footballers.

By *ebel_LionMan
over a year ago

cork

Dublin are magnificent, but the game has a serious problem. It has become too controlled and lacks character

over a year ago

I can't understand the negative talk around Dublin. We are witnessing a team of greats showing all the skills of Gaelic football. I grew up starstruck watching kerry golden years video as a young fella made me fall in love with football and the kerry Jersey watching great men win 8 all Irelands. This Dublin team will in time have their own legendary status that's already guaranteed but they will eventually loose but I for 1 can count myself lucky that I will b able say I saw them play. Wat a team. Other teams will step up wait and see hopefully my own county of course but now let's just all acknowledge their greatness commitment and above all their humility in their victory .

over a year ago

Up the boys in blue. Cant help but feel it for Mayo at the same time they always fall at the final hurdle. Maybe the curse is real?? Some achievement all the same

By *ore of thatMan
over a year ago

skerries

Well said hitachi..i also grew up watching the great kerry teams .win all before them . Giving us dubs so hammerings .but i always respected them . As i know at least Kerry football people know they are wseeing an amazing bunch of great guys .

Yes it will come to an end . They will be beaten . And i for one hope its a good young Kerry team . That do it ..

Not next year though . Lets just enjoy their talent for now .. up the dubs.

Post new Message to Thread