Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Ireland

Lockdown number 3

Jump to newest

By *cottybear74 OP   Man
over a year ago

kilkenny

So apparently lockdown number 3 is coming December 28.

Very nice of the government.

(closed, thread got too big)

Reply privately

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

3+ whats the rules again?

Reply privately

By *og-ManMan
over a year ago

somewhere

Or very nice of the people breaking the rules and helping spread the virus

Reply privately

over a year ago

Here in Northern Ireland it's from midnight Xmas day

And we all have to be home tucked up in bed by 8pm

Apparently Arlene and Michelle will be on line to read us all a bedtime story

Reply privately

over a year ago

Look on the bright side, at least we get to have Xmas unlike a lot of European countries that are now in lockdown throughout the festive season

Reply privately

over a year ago

Michelle needs her pussy shaved

Reply privately

By *cottybear74 OP   Man
over a year ago

kilkenny

I think retail can actually stay open this time.

Reply privately

By *etmebeurfantasyWoman
over a year ago

My town

"I think retail can actually stay open this time."
is it the hospitality sector hit again then..... its the house parties that get virus numbers up.

Reply privately

over a year ago

In hindsight we probably came out of the last one a week early.

But im reality its an impossible balancing act as those businesses that were depending on the trade of the last 2 weeks to survive into 2021 needed to be opened.

It is crap for the same sectors to be hit repeatedly. But I think its more of a signal to people that the infections coming directly from those sectors.

A bit like "oh shite the pubs are closed again I guess we better start following guidelines again"

Reply privately

over a year ago

Tbh I just wish elderly could see their families more they really have come out the worst end of this. All they want is a hug and all they can get is a window visit or a visit with all gear on.

Wish people could follow guidelines you truly can’t understand what this is doing to our older generation

Keep safe

Reply privately

over a year ago

I definitely know this lockdown has been really hard on my mother this time round so can only imagine what the next one will be like for the elderly

Reply privately

By *cottybear74 OP   Man
over a year ago

kilkenny

"I think retail can actually stay open this time.is it the hospitality sector hit again then..... its the house parties that get virus numbers up. "

Totally agree,house parties need to stop end of.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Look on the bright side, at least we get to have Xmas unlike a lot of European countries that are now in lockdown throughout the festive season "

That's a good point

Reply privately

By *obbym522000Man
over a year ago

Galway

"I think retail can actually stay open this time.is it the hospitality sector hit again then..... its the house parties that get virus numbers up.

Totally agree,house parties need to stop end of."

in this case being a grass is an honourable thing to do......

Reply privately

By *etmebeurfantasyWoman
over a year ago

My town

January is always a tough month, lockdown looming is going to effect it more. People that couldn't care less about the virus should hang there heads in Shame. People saying that I feel sorry for the young ones I don't cause the young ones partying every weekend don't care about the elderly or high risk of any age. And the people meeting off from here Some are not ashamed to admit Some are ... really people can be so selfish

Reply privately

over a year ago

The final part of the trilogy?

Reply privately

over a year ago

"The final part of the trilogy? "

Hopefully more Return of the King than Godfather 3

Reply privately

By *ontbesillywrapyourwillyMan
over a year ago

Tipperary

I dont know what was expected. you open up the country more, more out and about, what's going to happen? numbers will go up. I have a feeling you wont see the hospitality sector open again until March or so. the sector is being absolutely decimated. any pub I have gone into over the last few weeks have followed guidlines to a tee but I will admit the pub is shite with guidlines.

Reply privately

By *hett and scarlettCouple
over a year ago

Dublin

Dude, this could just be the prequel trilogy, George Lucas directing and all

Reply privately

By *mokey and the bandit 1Couple
over a year ago

Dublin

We will be locked down till march I'd say or till at least 80% vaccine up take. This isn't a debate on vaccinations etc I'm just saying that lockdowns every few months or vaccine unfortunately they are our options

Reply privately

By *inaandterryCouple
over a year ago

Westmeath

On the plus side we are all used to it, hopefully we can crush this virus this time as they 3rd time lucky

Reply privately

over a year ago

Tipperary

"We will be locked down till march I'd say or till at least 80% vaccine up take. This isn't a debate on vaccinations etc I'm just saying that lockdowns every few months or vaccine unfortunately they are our options"
or the Sweden mentality and just protect the care homes. problem there is hospitals cannot cope. the whole idea of lockdowns is the protect the hospitals.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Let's bloody hope so

Reply privately

over a year ago

Tipperary

were going into a 3 plus next week but do u think we will enter a level 5 again?

Reply privately

over a year ago

Im Ok with it when its for the greater good. Im happy to sacrifice moving about now so that that higher risk people are safe. I think we have all done amazing to be honest!

Roll on the vaccine!

Reply privately

over a year ago

"The final part of the trilogy?

Let's bloody hope so "

Somehow me thinks this could go on for a while yet

Reply privately

over a year ago

What's causing it is selfish pricks and here's an example that actually happened

A family funeral that over 200 turned up for

A greedy pub manger who served them with no social distance in place

A gobshite of a priest who allowed them into the church.

And now look a small village riddled with it in Wexford and all it took was one fuckin person and that said person was awaiting results that person shouldn't have bin there at all in the first place let alone the other 180.

That sound harsh no it doesn't when you wipe out an entire area! I had a family funeral last week an I come from an extremely large family.we where only allowed our 25 people and it was hard to pick out who actually got too go into the church. We had no afters,no pub,no food no noting.

So here's too the selfish pricks of Ireland have a great poxy Christmas and ruin it for the rest of us!!

Reply privately

By *oo32Man
over a year ago

tipperary

"were going into a 3 plus next week but do u think we will enter a level 5 again?"

Yes we will

Reply privately

over a year ago

"were going into a 3 plus next week but do u think we will enter a level 5 again?"

Absolutely, does anyone really think that people who have ignored restrictions all along are going to change now? This time of year puts the health services under serious pressure at the best of times.

Reply privately

By *etmebeurfantasyWoman
over a year ago

My town

"What's causing it is selfish pricks and here's an example that actually happened

And now look a small village riddled with it in Wexford and all it took was one fuckin person and that said person was awaiting results that person shouldn't have bin there at all in the first place let alone the other 180.

That sound harsh no it doesn't when you wipe out an entire area! I had a family funeral last week an I come from an extremely large family.we where only allowed our 25 people and it was hard to pick out who actually got too go into the church. We had no afters,no pub,no food no noting.

So here's too the selfish pricks of Ireland have a great poxy Christmas and ruin it for the rest of us!! "

yes it's devastating as wexford was doing so well the area is small with near enough no cases the local doctor surgery has been hit with it.....

Reply privately

over a year ago

Tipperary

alot of people think if we go too level 5 it has to be alot stricter level 5 this time.

Reply privately

By *oo32Man
over a year ago

tipperary

"alot of people think if we go too level 5 it has to be alot stricter level 5 this time. "

A lot of people are not nephet or the government

Reply privately

over a year ago

Tipperary

"alot of people think if we go too level 5 it has to be alot stricter level 5 this time.

A lot of people are not nephet or the government "

I hate the thoughts of another full lockdown but if you're going to level 5, you might aswell do it properly.

Reply privately

By *oo32Man
over a year ago

tipperary

"alot of people think if we go too level 5 it has to be alot stricter level 5 this time.

A lot of people are not nephet or the government I hate the thoughts of another full lockdown but if you're going to level 5, you might aswell do it properly. "

Exactely....

Reply privately

over a year ago

Tipperary

A lot of people are not nephet or the government I hate the thoughts of another full lockdown but if you're going to level 5, you might aswell do it properly.

Exactely...."

the level 5 we came out of in December and the level 5 back in March are completely different.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"alot of people think if we go too level 5 it has to be alot stricter level 5 this time. "

I think this is a big part of the mentality. Through the spring, we got a very clear, united message from government and the medical world. We got a plan and we stuck to it.

We've lost that unity and message clarity from the decision makers. We're being told about levels 3+, 5-, a meaniful Christmas and much more besides. It's bringing a haziness into the conversation and allowing people to bend rules to suit themselves. The upshot is a reduced 'community enforcement' which was so effective in the spring.

Yes, there are other items to consider but the country needs to decide what's important. A pint, a party or a life.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Tipperary

I know a pub owner. hes open as has a kitchen. opens at 5 closes at 11.30. 5-7 7-9 9-11 are the 3 slots but he said most people want to book at 7 and ask will they get until closing. he allows them along as nobody has the seat booked. I know another pub doing first come first serve. when maximum number is up, door is closed.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Tipperary

I think this is a big part of the mentality. Through the spring, we got a very clear, united message from government and the medical world. We got a plan and we stuck to it.

We've lost that unity and message clarity from the decision makers. We're being told about levels 3+, 5-, a meaniful Christmas and much more besides. It's bringing a haziness into the conversation and allowing people to bend rules to suit themselves. The upshot is a reduced 'community enforcement' which was so effective in the spring.

Yes, there are other items to consider but the country needs to decide what's important. A pint, a party or a life. "

what is a large part of it, people are sick to death of not been able to live life, enjoy themselves. were continously been told what to do but it's going to continue for another few months anyway.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Tipperary

"I know a pub owner. hes open as has a kitchen. opens at 5 closes at 11.30. 5-7 7-9 9-11 are the 3 slots but he said most people want to book at 7 and ask will they get until closing. he allows them along as nobody has the seat booked. I know another pub doing first come first serve. when maximum number is up, door is closed. "
going out is absolutely shite though when u have 2 go home after 2 hours.

Reply privately

over a year ago

I've kind of lost the energy to argue about what other people should be doing.....

I think at this stage most people know what is high and low risk behaviour without needing it to be outlined but the government.

Those that will limit contacts will do so those that won't just won't regardless.

Numbers are going to get worse for the next few weeks as I think we all will probably relax a little from what ever level of precautions we have been taking individually.

I do feel shit for people working in the health service they are about to be run off their feet

Reply privately

over a year ago

Tipperary

"I've kind of lost the energy to argue about what other people should be doing.....

I think at this stage most people know what is high and low risk behaviour without needing it to be outlined but the government.

Those that will limit contacts will do so those that won't just won't regardless.

Numbers are going to get worse for the next few weeks as I think we all will probably relax a little from what ever level of precautions we have been taking individually.

I do feel shit for people working in the health service they are about to be run off their feet"

if you're doing it to a tee, you're basically been asked to live your life worrying about others all the time. thats it in a nutshell. problem for some people is it was grand for 3 months but its now going on indefinitely and people are saying "fuck it, I'm getting on with my life". in a way I dont fully blame them. you could go out in the morning and be killed by a truck crossing the road or in a car crash.

Reply privately

By *scouple07Couple
over a year ago

louth, Ireland

Let the pubs and restaurants stay open as they will be more regulated than the house parties that will happen.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Tipperary

"Let the pubs and restaurants stay open as they will be more regulated than the house parties that will happen. "
imagine the house parties you're going to have new years eve ..

Reply privately

By *og-ManMan
over a year ago

somewhere

"Let the pubs and restaurants stay open as they will be more regulated than the house parties that will happen. "

Agree mostly with this

I'm going out for Dinner on Monday for the first time since March

I definitely think there's a problem with some pubs

Some of my brothers have been in 3 different pubs since monday night

They've stayed in all 3 pubs as long as they want every night and as much beer as possible

Its actually caused a rift because I wont go

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Let the pubs and restaurants stay open as they will be more regulated than the house parties that will happen.

Agree mostly with this

They've stayed in all 3 pubs as long as they want every night and as much beer as possible

Its actually caused a rift because I wont go "

I had hoped to get out for dinner and few drinks on the 29th or 30th not looking likely now. Fed up of the whole thing at this stage

Reply privately

over a year ago

Tipperary

"Let the pubs and restaurants stay open as they will be more regulated than the house parties that will happen.

Agree mostly with this

and do u no what? they're dead right. they're enjoying themselves and its christmas.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Tipperary

Agree mostly with this

I had hoped to get out for dinner and few drinks on the 29th or 30th not looking likely now. Fed up of the whole thing at this stage"

pubs closing from the 30th. u will get out the 29th

Reply privately

over a year ago

Agree mostly with this

I had hoped to get out for dinner and few drinks on the 29th or 30th not looking likely now. Fed up of the whole thing at this stagepubs closing from the 30th. u will get out the 29th"

Not bothered about the pub just be nice to get out for a meal

Reply privately

over a year ago

Tipperary

Agree mostly with this

I had hoped to get out for dinner and few drinks on the 29th or 30th not looking likely now. Fed up of the whole thing at this stagepubs closing from the 30th. u will get out the 29th

Not bothered about the pub just be nice to get out for a meal "

ye that's what I mean. you'll get into a pub/hotel/restaurant.

Reply privately

over a year ago

The injustice in all of this is that those flouting all the guidelines and rules are unlikely to be the ones worst affected. If they were, I wouldnt give a fuck about them, let them face the consequences.

But it's not unfortunately. As an earlier poster said, the elderly especially have been hit hardest with isolation and being cut off from their social circle and the prospect of seeing family grandchildren and that's sad because life is short and time is precious. I've also had rifts with family members who think they are above the rules.

All in all its been a period of time when people have shown their true colours and what they are or aren't made of. Can you imagine this generation faced with the prospect of WWI or WWII? I wouldnt have fancied our chances.

Reply privately

By *oo32Man
over a year ago

tipperary

I'll be following whatever guidelines I'm asked to follow....

Let other people do what they want to....

Reply privately

By *scouple07Couple
over a year ago

louth, Ireland

Agree mostly with this

What our suggestion would be

1 - open the bars and restaurants and let them govern themselves

2- spot checks by garda or another governing body

3 - bars that not keeping to rules shut on the spot/weekend

4 - bars caught 2nd time closed til after lockdown finishes and when license is ready for renewal this goes against them

5 - what bar you off too bog m and is there room for 2 more

Reply privately

over a year ago

Tipperary

Agree mostly with this

4 - bars caught 2nd time closed til after lockdown finishes and when license is ready for renewal this goes against them

5 - what bar you off too bog m and is there room for 2 more "

exactly. open with guidlines. ones purposely breaking them, shut it.

Reply privately

By *rmrspumpCouple
over a year ago

narnia

Taking the long view.. It seems the plan is one last major lockdown until vaccine uptake is at a good level, most of the vulnerable should be vaccinated in the next 2-3 months, then fingers crossed back to semi normality

Reply privately

By *oo32Man
over a year ago

tipperary

Agree mostly with this

Spot checks are already happening...if the guards call to a bar...a member of the hse is with them....

Reply privately

By *og-ManMan
over a year ago

somewhere

Agree mostly with this

I'd much rather go on one of your walks

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Taking the long view.. It seems the plan is one last major lockdown until vaccine uptake is at a good level, most of the vulnerable should be vaccinated in the next 2-3 months, then fingers crossed back to semi normality "

Exactly. This lockdown is designed to get us through the initial vaccine phase.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Taking the long view.. It seems the plan is one last major lockdown until vaccine uptake is at a good level, most of the vulnerable should be vaccinated in the next 2-3 months, then fingers crossed back to semi normality "
You always speak a lot of sense

Reply privately

over a year ago

Tipperary

how long will they put us in level 5 for though?

Reply privately

By *scouple07Couple
over a year ago

louth, Ireland

"Taking the long view.. It seems the plan is one last major lockdown until vaccine uptake is at a good level, most of the vulnerable should be vaccinated in the next 2-3 months, then fingers crossed back to semi normality You always speak a lot of sense "

That's as long as they start the vaccinations soon, latest talk is march before main vaccinations happening, hope we are wrong

Reply privately

over a year ago

"how long will they put us in level 5 for though?"

It won't be level 5, level 3+ (whatever that is) but I'd say this one will run continuously until after Easter.

They won't tell is that initially but just keep extending. It will take this country at least that long to get vaccine to the vulnerable

L

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Taking the long view.. It seems the plan is one last major lockdown until vaccine uptake is at a good level, most of the vulnerable should be vaccinated in the next 2-3 months, then fingers crossed back to semi normality You always speak a lot of sense

That's as long as they start the vaccinations soon, latest talk is march before main vaccinations happening, hope we are wrong "

Which is nuts when the rest of Europe are starting them the 27th of this month apparently

Reply privately

over a year ago

Tipperary

"how long will they put us in level 5 for though?

It won't be level 5, level 3+ (whatever that is) but I'd say this one will run continuously until after Easter.

They won't tell is that initially but just keep extending. It will take this country at least that long to get vaccine to the vulnerable

L

"

I think easter is first Sunday in April. wuhan where the virus originated are back to normal after a year. hopefully come March, were near similar

Reply privately

By *etmebeurfantasyWoman
over a year ago

My town

L

I think easter is first Sunday in April. wuhan where the virus originated are back to normal after a year. hopefully come March, were near similar "

wuhan have not had any covid cases in 6 months.... and have stated the virus didn't start with them apparently the top scientist in China will not talk to any media from anywhere....

Reply privately

By *cottybear74 OP   Man
over a year ago

kilkenny

Could be more of a long saga

Reply privately

over a year ago

Tipperary

L

I think easter is first Sunday in April. wuhan where the virus originated are back to normal after a year. hopefully come March, were near similar wuhan have not had any covid cases in 6 months.... and have stated the virus didn't start with them apparently the top scientist in China will not talk to any media from anywhere.... "

ye they're saying it was brought in from elsewhere.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Tipperary

"Taking the long view.. It seems the plan is one last major lockdown until vaccine uptake is at a good level, most of the vulnerable should be vaccinated in the next 2-3 months, then fingers crossed back to semi normality You always speak a lot of sense

That's as long as they start the vaccinations soon, latest talk is march before main vaccinations happening, hope we are wrong

Which is nuts when the rest of Europe are starting them the 27th of this month apparently "

the longer we take to get the vaccine rolled out, the longer we will be in lockdowns.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Which is nuts when the rest of Europe are starting them the 27th of this month apparently the longer we take to get the vaccine rolled out, the longer we will be in lockdowns. "

Where was it said march for them to start? Sorry not being argumentative but all the reports I have seen including quotes from Varadkar are saying before the end of the year

Reply privately

By *cottybear74 OP   Man
over a year ago

kilkenny

Which is nuts when the rest of Europe are starting them the 27th of this month apparently the longer we take to get the vaccine rolled out, the longer we will be in lockdowns.

Where was it said march for them to start? Sorry not being argumentative but all the reports I have seen including quotes from Varadkar are saying before the end of the year"

He didn't say what year tho.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"What's causing it is selfish pricks and here's an example that actually happened

So here's too the selfish pricks of Ireland have a great poxy Christmas and ruin it for the rest of us!! yes it's devastating as wexford was doing so well the area is small with near enough no cases the local doctor surgery has been hit with it..... "

and it's about too get worse I'd say.. they had absolutely no regard for anyone else in their village an surrounding areas

Reply privately

over a year ago

Tipperary

a professor on there now saying clothes schools next month. you'll be back to normal by paddys day

Reply privately

By *ohng69Man
over a year ago

athenry

"a professor on there now saying clothes schools next month. you'll be back to normal by paddys day

"

if only it was that simple

Reply privately

over a year ago

Tipperary

"a professor on there now saying clothes schools next month. you'll be back to normal by paddys day

if only it was that simple "

I think hes highlightening the point that schools are a big issue.

Reply privately

By *he wanerding bullMan
over a year ago

cavan

So here's too the selfish pricks of Ireland have a great poxy Christmas and ruin it for the rest of us!! yes it's devastating as wexford was doing so well the area is small with near enough no cases the local doctor surgery has been hit with it..... and it's about too get worse I'd say.. they had absolutely no regard for anyone else in their village an surrounding areas "

Sounds like a ethnic minority group?

Reply privately

over a year ago

So here's too the selfish pricks of Ireland have a great poxy Christmas and ruin it for the rest of us!! yes it's devastating as wexford was doing so well the area is small with near enough no cases the local doctor surgery has been hit with it..... and it's about too get worse I'd say.. they had absolutely no regard for anyone else in their village an surrounding areas

Sounds like a ethnic minority group?"

Ah people from Wexford are a bit different but their own ethnic group is a bit far

Reply privately

By *ed just RedWoman
over a year ago

Dublin City

Two points

Firstly, we have lockdown so the kids CAN go to school. The mental health fallout of closing the schools is absolutely monumental. I’m happy to stick to any rules once the kids get to go to school as not having a social routine is phenomenally dangerous for the younger generation. Schools are struggling to keep up with the developmental catastrophe of kids missing school this year. I’m experiencing it first hand and it’s horrendous.

Secondly, I’ve had two friends test positive the last two days. Both these friends have been inordinately careful. And both can trace their infection directly to people in their work who ignored safety guidelines by turning up to work sick, whinged about mask wearing and still refuse to get tested.

Unfortunately, until they find a cure for “utterly fucking stupid”, these idiots will keep spreading the virus. Interestingly they are also the idiots who will refuse the C-19 vaccine.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Tipperary

"Two points

Firstly, we have lockdown so the kids CAN go to school. The mental health fallout of closing the schools is absolutely monumental. I’m happy to stick to any rules once the kids get to go to school as not having a social routine is phenomenally dangerous for the younger generation. Schools are struggling to keep up with the developmental catastrophe of kids missing school this year. I’m experiencing it first hand and it’s horrendous.

Secondly, I’ve had two friends test positive the last two days. Both these friends have been inordinately careful. And both can trace their infection directly to people in their work who ignored safety guidelines by turning up to work sick, whinged about mask wearing and still refuse to get tested.

Unfortunately, until they find a cure for “utterly fucking stupid”, these idiots will keep spreading the virus. Interestingly they are also the idiots who will refuse the C-19 vaccine. "

let me ask, if you woke in the morning and had a sniffle, would you go to work?

secondaly, would you be happy with schools open if they were a big cause of spread?

Reply privately

By *oo32Man
over a year ago

tipperary

"Two points

Unfortunately, until they find a cure for “utterly fucking stupid”, these idiots will keep spreading the virus. Interestingly they are also the idiots who will refuse the C-19 vaccine. let me ask, if you woke in the morning and had a sniffle, would you go to work?

secondaly, would you be happy with schools open if they were a big cause of spread?"

So dya want schools closed and leave the pubs open??

Reply privately

over a year ago

Tipperary

"Two points

Unfortunately, until they find a cure for “utterly fucking stupid”, these idiots will keep spreading the virus. Interestingly they are also the idiots who will refuse the C-19 vaccine. let me ask, if you woke in the morning and had a sniffle, would you go to work?

secondaly, would you be happy with schools open if they were a big cause of spread?

So dya want schools closed and leave the pubs open??"

I put up what the professor said. if I had my way everything would be open with controlled measures but even with controlled measures, the virus remains

Reply privately

over a year ago

" if I had my way everything would be open with controlled measures but even with controlled measures, the virus remains "

Because people have clearly shown that they cannot follow control measures in place. Hence things having to close

Reply privately

By *oo32Man
over a year ago

tipperary

"Two points

So dya want schools closed and leave the pubs open?? I put up what the professor said. if I had my way everything would be open with controlled measures but even with controlled measures, the virus remains "

So lockdown then....until it passes

Reply privately

By *ohng69Man
over a year ago

athenry

"Two points

So dya want schools closed and leave the pubs open?? I put up what the professor said. if I had my way everything would be open with controlled measures but even with controlled measures, the virus remains "

Thank fuck you don't have a say, the place would be totally fucked up. Who cares what the professor said, it's just his opinion. And just because you agree with him doesn't make him right

Reply privately

over a year ago

Tipperary

" if I had my way everything would be open with controlled measures but even with controlled measures, the virus remains

Because people have clearly shown that they cannot follow control measures in place. Hence things having to close"

where? I have seen pubs, masks going in, 6 at a table, all having food, masks on in and around shops. u cant tar every sector with the one brush.

Reply privately

By *ohng69Man
over a year ago

athenry

"Two points

Unfortunately, until they find a cure for “utterly fucking stupid”, these idiots will keep spreading the virus. Interestingly they are also the idiots who will refuse the C-19 vaccine. "

that's exactly the problem. It's easy blame schools and pubs etc, it's people that are spreading the virus with their careless attitude and not caring about others

Reply privately

over a year ago

Tipperary

"Two points

So dya want schools closed and leave the pubs open?? I put up what the professor said. if I had my way everything would be open with controlled measures but even with controlled measures, the virus remains Thank fuck you don't have a say, the place would be totally fucked up. Who cares what the professor said, it's just his opinion. And just because you agree with him doesn't make him right "

that's what it is. all opinions. even the experts dont agree

Reply privately

By *oo32Man
over a year ago

tipperary

" if I had my way everything would be open with controlled measures but even with controlled measures, the virus remains

Because people have clearly shown that they cannot follow control measures in place. Hence things having to closewhere? I have seen pubs, masks going in, 6 at a table, all having food, masks on in and around shops. u cant tar every sector with the one brush. "

When tipp won the munster final....

At the limerick hurling county final...

Last week in a pub 8 miles from me...

In work most days....

In tescos last sat 2 people came in no masks...walked straight past the hand sanitizer

My buddy who's been at a house party every weekend.

People wanted responsibility...and bleugh....that's why

Reply privately

over a year ago

Tipperary

Because people have clearly shown that they cannot follow control measures in place. Hence things having to closewhere? I have seen pubs, masks going in, 6 at a table, all having food, masks on in and around shops. u cant tar every sector with the one brush.

In work most days....

In tescos last sat 2 people came in no masks...walked straight past the hand sanitizer

People wanted responsibility...and bleugh....that's why "

people want a bit of normality, that's all. as I said earlier today, we have turned into a finger pointing whinging society, this fella is doing this or this fella is doing that. moaning about what everybody else is doing.

Reply privately

By *oo32Man
over a year ago

tipperary

Because people have clearly shown that they cannot follow control measures in place. Hence things having to closewhere? I have seen pubs, masks going in, 6 at a table, all having food, masks on in and around shops. u cant tar every sector with the one brush.

In work most days....

People wanted responsibility...and bleugh....that's why people want a bit of normality, that's all. as I said earlier today, we have turned into a finger pointing whinging society, this fella is doing this or this fella is doing that. moaning about what everybody else is doing. "

Yip....because as long as they stay doing what they are doing...the longer the lockdown lasts....its fairly easy understand...

Reply privately

over a year ago

Tipperary

In work most days....

People wanted responsibility...and bleugh....that's why people want a bit of normality, that's all. as I said earlier today, we have turned into a finger pointing whinging society, this fella is doing this or this fella is doing that. moaning about what everybody else is doing.

Yip....because as long as they stay doing what they are doing...the longer the lockdown lasts....its fairly easy understand..."

you will be I'm lockdown until the vaccine is rolled to so many people. it's as simple as that.

Reply privately

over a year ago

In work most days....

People wanted responsibility...and bleugh....that's why people want a bit of normality, that's all. as I said earlier today, we have turned into a finger pointing whinging society, this fella is doing this or this fella is doing that. moaning about what everybody else is doing. "

You asked for examples of people not following the control measures and then call it finger pointing when its given.

Reply privately

By *oo32Man
over a year ago

tipperary

In work most days....

People wanted responsibility...and bleugh....that's why people want a bit of normality, that's all. as I said earlier today, we have turned into a finger pointing whinging society, this fella is doing this or this fella is doing that. moaning about what everybody else is doing.

You asked for examples of people not following the control measures and then call it finger pointing when its given."

Hahahaha

Reply privately

over a year ago

Tipperary

In work most days....

You asked for examples of people not following the control measures and then call it finger pointing when its given."

I called it finger pointing the amount of whining and moaning in society about what some others are doing.

Reply privately

By *oo32Man
over a year ago

tipperary

In work most days....

Yip....because as long as they stay doing what they are doing...the longer the lockdown lasts....its fairly easy understand...you will be I'm lockdown until the vaccine is rolled to so many people. it's as simple as that."

And I've no problem with a lockdown until then

Reply privately

over a year ago

In work most days....

You asked for examples of people not following the control measures and then call it finger pointing when its given.I called it finger pointing the amount of whining and moaning in society about what some others are doing. "

Right up there with the look at all the things I can't do group

Reply privately

over a year ago

Tipperary

you're in level 5, you move to level 3, you have more open, more out and about. it doesnt take a rocket scientist to realise cases automatically go up.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Tipperary

In work most days....

You asked for examples of people not following the control measures and then call it finger pointing when its given.I called it finger pointing the amount of whining and moaning in society about what some others are doing.

Right up there with the look at all the things I can't do group "

absolutely. you live life to enjoy. its part and parcel of it.

Reply privately

over a year ago

So here's too the selfish pricks of Ireland have a great poxy Christmas and ruin it for the rest of us!! yes it's devastating as wexford was doing so well the area is small with near enough no cases the local doctor surgery has been hit with it..... and it's about too get worse I'd say.. they had absolutely no regard for anyone else in their village an surrounding areas

Sounds like a ethnic minority group?"

oddly enough it wasn't

Reply privately

By *oo32Man
over a year ago

tipperary

Circles and circles and circles

Reply privately

over a year ago

Tipperary

"Circles and circles and circles"
draw them on a paper. you'll enjoy it.

Reply privately

By *ed just RedWoman
over a year ago

Dublin City

". let me ask, if you woke in the morning and had a sniffle, would you go to work?

secondaly, would you be happy with schools open if they were a big cause of spread?"

I wouldn’t if I had a sniffle no, because a sniffle isn’t a symptom. Any of the other symptoms? No I wouldn’t. Either way, I quit my job back in March because I’m high risk. And no, my OH didn’t leave the house and we all quarantined for 14 days when he had a cough. As it then took 3 wks for his test results to come back positive, we were glad we did. It’s actually not difficult to not be an asshole.

If the schools were shown to be super spreaders, I’d take my kids out myself. But they aren’t. So I won’t.

Reply privately

By *edknobsMan
over a year ago

mullingar

"Two points

Unfortunately, until they find a cure for “utterly fucking stupid”, these idiots will keep spreading the virus. Interestingly they are also the idiots who will refuse the C-19 vaccine. that's exactly the problem. It's easy blame schools and pubs etc, it's people that are spreading the virus with their careless attitude and not caring about others "

Do I smell a ban coming?? There will never be a cure for utterly fucking stupid because they're too utterly stupid to realise that they're utterly stupid and too utterly stupid to know where to get the cure... we're all living through these times, sitting through lock downs, while watching the same old eejits going against all the warnings and restrictions...why??... Cos they're too utterly stupid... inconsiderate.... Selfish.... Ignorant... Arrogant... They are the very people who will refuse to not celebrate christmas and new year with all their family and friends in the usual way...the very people who will refuse to get the vaccine...the very people who will give out about being on a hospital trolley waiting on a hospital bed.... If we don't owe it to those closest to us, we owe it to the people who work in hospitals

Reply privately

By *ed just RedWoman
over a year ago

Dublin City

"Two points

Unfortunately, until they find a cure for “utterly fucking stupid”, these idiots will keep spreading the virus. Interestingly they are also the idiots who will refuse the C-19 vaccine. that's exactly the problem. It's easy blame schools and pubs etc, it's people that are spreading the virus with their careless attitude and not caring about others

Do I smell a ban coming?? There will never be a cure for utterly fucking stupid because they're too utterly stupid to realise that they're utterly stupid and too utterly stupid to know where to get the cure... we're all living through these times, sitting through lock downs, while watching the same old eejits going against all the warnings and restrictions...why??... Cos they're too utterly stupid... inconsiderate.... Selfish.... Ignorant... Arrogant... They are the very people who will refuse to not celebrate christmas and new year with all their family and friends in the usual way...the very people who will refuse to get the vaccine...the very people who will give out about being on a hospital trolley waiting on a hospital bed.... If we don't owe it to those closest to us, we owe it to the people who work in hospitals"

Amen.

You’re so clever.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Tipperary

". let me ask, if you woke in the morning and had a sniffle, would you go to work?

I wouldn’t if I had a sniffle no, because a sniffle isn’t a symptom. Any of the other symptoms? No I wouldn’t. Either way, I quit my job back in March because I’m high risk. And no, my OH didn’t leave the house and we all quarantined for 14 days when he had a cough. As it then took 3 wks for his test results to come back positive, we were glad we did. It’s actually not difficult to not be an asshole.

If the schools were shown to be super spreaders, I’d take my kids out myself. But they aren’t. So I won’t."

I dont think there is a way of known. if kids are asymptomatic and spread it in school. its then brought out and about and into the household and classed as a private setting or community transmission.

Reply privately

By *oo32Man
over a year ago

tipperary

If the schools were shown to be super spreaders, I’d take my kids out myself. But they aren’t. So I won’t.I dont think there is a way of known. if kids are asymptomatic and spread it in school. its then brought out and about and into the household and classed as a private setting or community transmission. "

But what you think doesent affect the decision of nephet or the government

Reply privately

over a year ago

Tipperary

If the schools were shown to be super spreaders, I’d take my kids out myself. But they aren’t. So I won’t.I dont think there is a way of known. if kids are asymptomatic and spread it in school. its then brought out and about and into the household and classed as a private setting or community transmission.

But what you think doesent affect the decision of nephet or the government"

schools are open because they're deemed essential so it doesnt matter if its been spread or not in schools. my point is you dont know fully If it is been spread in schools. pity luke o Neill is not in charge and not Tony holohan.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Tipperary

anyway I'm sure all the fab folk will have a big party in a few months

Reply privately

By *oo32Man
over a year ago

tipperary

If the schools were shown to be super spreaders, I’d take my kids out myself. But they aren’t. So I won’t.I dont think there is a way of known. if kids are asymptomatic and spread it in school. its then brought out and about and into the household and classed as a private setting or community transmission.

But what you think doesent affect the decision of nephet or the governmentschools are open because they're deemed essential so it doesnt matter if its been spread or not in schools. my point is you dont know fully If it is been spread in schools. pity luke o Neill is not in charge and not Tony holohan."

A month ago you were on about having things open and back to normal....

So do you want schools closed and pubs open??

Retail and shops....but not education...

Construction and food...but not teachers....

Make up your mind...

You wanted crowds at gaa matches...

I'll leave you to it....

Reply privately

over a year ago

Tipperary

But what you think doesent affect the decision of nephet or the governmentschools are open because they're deemed essential so it doesnt matter if its been spread or not in schools. my point is you dont know fully If it is been spread in schools. pity luke o Neill is not in charge and not Tony holohan.

Make up your mind...

I'll leave you to it....

"

as I said in a few posts, everything open, measures in place. close the places not following guidlines. your whinging about case numbers going up. what did you think was going to happen when you come out of a level 5? you have more open, more out and about which =... I don't have to tell u.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Tipperary

But what you think doesent affect the decision of nephet or the governmentschools are open because they're deemed essential so it doesnt matter if its been spread or not in schools. my point is you dont know fully If it is been spread in schools. pity luke o Neill is not in charge and not Tony holohan.

Make up your mind...

I'll leave you to it....

as I said in a few posts, everything open, measures in place. close the places not following guidlines. your whinging about case numbers going up. what did you think was going to happen when you come out of a level 5? you have more open, more out and about which =... I don't have to tell u. "

I'd say if u had your way everything would be locked down until so many get vaccinated.

Reply privately

By *oo32Man
over a year ago

tipperary

Make up your mind...

I'll leave you to it....

as I said in a few posts, everything open, measures in place. close the places not following guidlines. your whinging about case numbers going up. what did you think was going to happen when you come out of a level 5? you have more open, more out and about which =... I don't have to tell u. I'd say if u had your way everything would be locked down until so many get vaccinated. "

Like I said I'll leave you to it

Reply privately

over a year ago

Tipperary

Make up your mind...

I'll leave you to it....

as I said in a few posts, everything open, measures in place. close the places not following guidlines. your whinging about case numbers going up. what did you think was going to happen when you come out of a level 5? you have more open, more out and about which =... I don't have to tell u. I'd say if u had your way everything would be locked down until so many get vaccinated.

Like I said I'll leave you to it "

that's the answer in itself.

Reply privately

By *oo32Man
over a year ago

tipperary

Make up your mind...

I'll leave you to it....

as I said in a few posts, everything open, measures in place. close the places not following guidlines. your whinging about case numbers going up. what did you think was going to happen when you come out of a level 5? you have more open, more out and about which =... I don't have to tell u. I'd say if u had your way everything would be locked down until so many get vaccinated.

Like I said I'll leave you to it that's the answer in itself. "

Reply privately

over a year ago

Tipperary

Make up your mind...

I'll leave you to it....

Like I said I'll leave you to it that's the answer in itself.

"

lol thank god you're not running the country.

Reply privately

By *oo32Man
over a year ago

tipperary

Make up your mind...

I'll leave you to it....

Like I said I'll leave you to it that's the answer in itself.

lol thank god you're not running the country. "

Reply privately

By *ohng69Man
over a year ago

athenry

And now our beloved gaa are running off underage championships. School and college students training, playing and mixing with dozens of others then going back home to their families and then mixing with their school and college friends. Is it any wonder the virus is still spreading

Reply privately

over a year ago

Tipperary

"And now our beloved gaa are running off underage championships. School and college students training, playing and mixing with dozens of others then going back home to their families and then mixing with their school and college friends. Is it any wonder the virus is still spreading "
of course john. every ounce of ones enjoyments should be stopped. all of them.

Reply privately

By *im tim timMan
over a year ago

c

the government likes to keep some of the people locked up all the time and more are packed into factories and schools and other work places spreading the covid..

Reply privately

By *angero3aMan
over a year ago

swords

but do they have any figures to show gastro pubs and res are the real problem if they have not showing them . this will lead to more house on year eve has no one in nepth through about this house partys been the since the start

Reply privately

over a year ago

Tipperary

"but do they have any figures to show gastro pubs and res are the real problem if they have not showing them . this will lead to more house on year eve has no one in nepth through about this house partys been the since the start"
its an issue they're ignoring continuously

Reply privately

By *ohng69Man
over a year ago

athenry

"And now our beloved gaa are running off underage championships. School and college students training, playing and mixing with dozens of others then going back home to their families and then mixing with their school and college friends. Is it any wonder the virus is still spreading of course john. every ounce of ones enjoyments should be stopped. all of them."
I think you need to educate yourself on the virus. These gaa games are totally unnecessary for most people's enjoyment. These are part of the reason were going into tighter lockdown next week not just the house parties or whatever else you blame

Reply privately

over a year ago

"but do they have any figures to show gastro pubs and res are the real problem if they have not showing them . this will lead to more house on year eve has no one in nepth through about this house partys been the since the startits an issue they're ignoring continuously "

I know right....

They should really ask people not to visit other households or like limit the amount of different households that can be in one home at a time or something

Reply privately

over a year ago

Tipperary

"And now our beloved gaa are running off underage championships. School and college students training, playing and mixing with dozens of others then going back home to their families and then mixing with their school and college friends. Is it any wonder the virus is still spreading of course john. every ounce of ones enjoyments should be stopped. all of them. I think you need to educate yourself on the virus. These gaa games are totally unnecessary for most people's enjoyment. These are part of the reason were going into tighter lockdown next week not just the house parties or whatever else you blame "
tell they to NPHET and the governent. they're the ones allowing them but guess what john. since IC began there is no cluster of cases to them but keep banging that drum of yours.

Reply privately

By *ohng69Man
over a year ago

athenry

I give up, there's no talking to stupid

Reply privately

over a year ago

Tipperary

"but do they have any figures to show gastro pubs and res are the real problem if they have not showing them . this will lead to more house on year eve has no one in nepth through about this house partys been the since the startits an issue they're ignoring continuously

I know right....

They should really ask people not to visit other households or like limit the amount of different households that can be in one home at a time or something "

alcohol buddy alcohol. stop the sale of alcohol full stop and see what happens.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Tipperary

"I give up, there's no talking to stupid "
no stupid. u dont like facts. u just have a problem with sports running.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"but do they have any figures to show gastro pubs and res are the real problem if they have not showing them . this will lead to more house on year eve has no one in nepth through about this house partys been the since the startits an issue they're ignoring continuously

I know right....

They should really ask people not to visit other households or like limit the amount of different households that can be in one home at a time or something alcohol buddy alcohol. stop the sale of alcohol full stop and see what happens. "

I have no idea what side of the argument your coming from... you think people should be allowed some degree or normality but you want to ban alcohol in the country for months?

Reply privately

over a year ago

I know right....

They should really ask people not to visit other households or like limit the amount of different households that can be in one home at a time or something alcohol buddy alcohol. stop the sale of alcohol full stop and see what happens.

I have no idea what side of the argument your coming from... you think people should be allowed some degree or normality but you want to ban alcohol in the country for months?"

Alcohol is essential, let's not forget

Reply privately

over a year ago

Tipperary

I know right....

They should really ask people not to visit other households or like limit the amount of different households that can be in one home at a time or something alcohol buddy alcohol. stop the sale of alcohol full stop and see what happens.

I have no idea what side of the argument your coming from... you think people should be allowed some degree or normality but you want to ban alcohol in the country for months?"

he said house parties will kick off new years eve which they will. I'm saying with a long time. ban alcohol in off licences and supermarkets and the house party numbers will come down dramatically. instead they close pubs restaurants and leave house parties run amuck

Reply privately

over a year ago

I know right....

I have no idea what side of the argument your coming from... you think people should be allowed some degree or normality but you want to ban alcohol in the country for months?he said house parties will kick off new years eve which they will. I'm saying with a long time. ban alcohol in off licences and supermarkets and the house party numbers will come down dramatically. instead they close pubs restaurants and leave house parties run amuck"

What about those people who don't want to go to bars who have vulnerable people at home, are high risk themselves or just dont like the local...they should be deprived having a bottle of wine at home?

Personally I dont see the pubs and restaurants being the main issue either but it doesn't matter what restrictions you have or don't have, when people will just ignore them anyway

Reply privately

over a year ago

Alcohol prohibition never works, there would just be a massive black market trade with a resulting huge revenue loss to the exchequer.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Tipperary

I know right....

I have no idea what side of the argument your coming from... you think people should be allowed some degree or normality but you want to ban alcohol in the country for months?he said house parties will kick off new years eve which they will. I'm saying with a long time. ban alcohol in off licences and supermarkets and the house party numbers will come down dramatically. instead they close pubs restaurants and leave house parties run amuck

What about those people who don't want to go to bars who have vulnerable people at home, are high risk themselves or just dont like the local...they should be deprived having a bottle of wine at home?

Personally I dont see the pubs and restaurants being the main issue either but it doesn't matter what restrictions you have or don't have, when people will just ignore them anyway"

point I'm making Is in a controlled bar or restaurant people are alot more spaced then at home. I understand people like a bottle of wine at home but u cant have it every way. house parties are s huge issue and will take off like a bomb new years eve.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Tipperary

"Alcohol prohibition never works, there would just be a massive black market trade with a resulting huge revenue loss to the exchequer."
its worth a try for a month and see what happens.

Reply privately

over a year ago

" it doesn't matter what restrictions you have or don't have, when people will just ignore them anyway"

In a nutshell

Reply privately

By *haggy_bearMan
over a year ago

Sligo

"Michelle needs her pussy shaved "

What a creep you are

Reply privately

By *ed just RedWoman
over a year ago

Dublin City

"Michelle needs her pussy shaved

What a creep you are "

Reply privately

By *ocketman99Man
over a year ago

fermanagh

"Michelle needs her pussy shaved "

Arelene needs one..

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Michelle needs her pussy shaved

Arelene needs one.."

she needs to grow a set of balz bud

Reply privately

By *aywhatnowMan
over a year ago

North County

Latest figures in tonight, no further deaths and 3m cases of sick culchies as Dublin win 6 in a row...

Reply privately

over a year ago

Tipperary

"Latest figures in tonight, no further deaths and 3m cases of sick culchies as Dublin win 6 in a row... "
they'll celebrate tonight.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Load of bollix, flawed testing is making the numbers high...

Reply privately

over a year ago

"The final part of the trilogy?

Dude, this could just be the prequel trilogy, George Lucas directing and all "

Shit!!!

Reply privately

By *rmrspumpCouple
over a year ago

narnia

According to a UK government study, for every 3 covid related deaths, a further 2 deaths were caused by lockdown (not seeking medical help, missed appointments, cancelled tests etc). When you set that beside the financial devastation that lock downs have caused and the health implications that go along with that, it's not quite so simple, now is it. One of our businesses is in the hospitality sector, and it's been brutal

Reply privately

over a year ago

Tipperary

"According to a UK government study, for every 3 covid related deaths, a further 2 deaths were caused by lockdown (not seeking medical help, missed appointments, cancelled tests etc). When you set that beside the financial devastation that lock downs have caused and the health implications that go along with that, it's not quite so simple, now is it. One of our businesses is in the hospitality sector, and it's been brutal"
absolutely. its terrible.

Reply privately

By *hilaboutMan
over a year ago

kilkenny

"So apparently lockdown number 3 is coming December 28.

Very nice of the government."

..what's the government supposed to do they try to open up everything but silly people that cant stay within the guidelines ruin it for the majority..not the government

Reply privately

over a year ago

Very nice of the government...what's the government supposed to do they try to open up everything but silly people that cant stay within the guidelines ruin it for the majority..not the government "

bend over while the government does you up the arse

Reply privately

By *anKinkyMan
over a year ago

Carrick on Shannon

Very nice of the government...what's the government supposed to do they try to open up everything but silly people that cant stay within the guidelines ruin it for the majority..not the government bend over while the government does you up the arse "

ahh sure the Government will be on Holidays till when?? vast swades of the country being shut down for no reason,so much for our elected td's,all about the masses

Reply privately

By *dfabMan
over a year ago

Dunboyne

Fair play to all the retailers making supermarket alcohol so cheap at the moment, it's easy to stay at home

2 cases of Guinness for €32!!!!

FFS they can't make it for that price!

Why would anyone go to a pub/restaurant??

Reply privately

By *anKinkyMan
over a year ago

Carrick on Shannon

"Fair play to all the retailers making supermarket alcohol so cheap at the moment, it's easy to stay at home

2 cases of Guinness for €32!!!!

FFS they can't make it for that price!

Why would anyone go to a pub/restaurant?? "

Working 6 days a week,back to an empty house,only drink on a Sat night,glad to pay the extra to get out to the pub for a drink

Reply privately

over a year ago

Yes, there are other items to consider but the country needs to decide what's important. A pint, a party or a life. "

Definitely agree with this, the change of leadership absolutely changed the message and tone that had been working so well since March and fractured the sense of unity

Reply privately

over a year ago

"According to a UK government study, for every 3 covid related deaths, a further 2 deaths were caused by lockdown (not seeking medical help, missed appointments, cancelled tests etc). When you set that beside the financial devastation that lock downs have caused and the health implications that go along with that, it's not quite so simple, now is it. One of our businesses is in the hospitality sector, and it's been brutal"

That's a play on figures. You quote 2 deaths for other causes during lockdown. But if not for lockdown the R number would have soared and the 3 covid related deaths risen significantly and hopsitals would have been completely overwhelmed so not only would the figure 3 you quoted have soared but the figure 2 would have risen as well.

Its about understanding the virus and virus transmission rates. And there are way way too many people who don't get that and don't knkw how to interpret the statistics.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Tipperary

Very nice of the government...what's the government supposed to do they try to open up everything but silly people that cant stay within the guidelines ruin it for the majority..not the government "

"people cant stay within the guidlines". I'd say the vast majority follow the guidlines but as I have stated, the issue is more premises are open, more people are out and about so naturally cases will go up. that's what happens when you move out of level 5. I think we're all well aware the country, economy etc cannot stay in a level 5 permanantly until there is so much uptake on a vaccine. it's just a pity our hospitals are in such dire straits because this opening closing opening closing of businesses is all about hospitals and ICUs coping. Let's hope come March we have an improvement.

Reply privately

By *13_hercMan
over a year ago

Blackrock

Don't blame the Government, blame those who won't follow the guidelines.

You can blame the Government next year, though, for allowing people come home for Christmas from countries where covid is rampant and bringing yet another spike of the virus with them !!

Reply privately

over a year ago

Tipperary

"Don't blame the Government, blame those who won't follow the guidelines.

You can blame the Government next year, though, for allowing people come home for Christmas from countries where covid is rampant and bringing yet another spike of the virus with them !!

"

lol so come next Christmas you still want restrictive measures in place even if a successful vaccine is rolled out?

Reply privately

By *oghunter33Woman
over a year ago

on the hill NordWest of

lol so come next Christmas you still want restrictive measures in place even if a successful vaccine is rolled out?"

I think he meant in the soon starting new year/January 2021, not Christmas 2021.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Tipperary

lol so come next Christmas you still want restrictive measures in place even if a successful vaccine is rolled out?

I think he meant in the soon starting new year/January 2021, not Christmas 2021.

"

ye I see it now. holohan on this morning, stay out of pubs cafes restaurants but u look online at arrivals into Dublin airport and u see a load of flights from covid hotspots and then he expects people to listen to what hes saying. you couldnt make it up. I do agree we came out of the L5 too quickly. should of waited a further 2 weeks.

Reply privately

By *rmrspumpCouple
over a year ago

narnia

[Removed by poster at 20/12/20 10:51:33]

Reply privately

over a year ago

"[Removed by poster at 20/12/20 10:51:33]"
agree with this

Reply privately

By *rmrspumpCouple
over a year ago

narnia

[Removed by poster at 20/12/20 10:53:06]

Reply privately

By *rmrspumpCouple
over a year ago

narnia

"According to a UK government study, for every 3 covid related deaths, a further 2 deaths were caused by lockdown (not seeking medical help, missed appointments, cancelled tests etc). When you set that beside the financial devastation that lock downs have caused and the health implications that go along with that, it's not quite so simple, now is it. One of our businesses is in the hospitality sector, and it's been brutal

That's a play on figures. You quote 2 deaths for other causes during lockdown. But if not for lockdown the R number would have soared and the 3 covid related deaths risen significantly and hopsitals would have been completely overwhelmed so not only would the figure 3 you quoted have soared but the figure 2 would have risen as well.

Its about understanding the virus and virus transmission rates. And there are way way too many people who don't get that and don't knkw how to interpret the statistics. "

One also has to look into the statistics and realise that "covid related death" does not mean that covid killed that person, it means that they had covid. I'm not saying that covid hasn't killed anyone, simply that the number of people actually killed by covid is a fair bit lower than the headline figure. And I take your point about the strain on the health service, however if you look at the admissions to the so called Nightingale Hospitals, none of them were ever much more than half full. Might it not have been a little more prudent to spend the billions used on half assed furlough schemes etc and throw it at the health service and care homes?

Lives were always going to be lost, but which way costs the fewest?

Reply privately

over a year ago

Tipperary

a comment today "you can't keep locking down a whole society from something that only effects a small minority of that society".

Reply privately

By *oghunter33Woman
over a year ago

on the hill NordWest of

I hope Ireland will follow other European countries and ban flights and ferries asap.

Reply privately

By *oghunter33Woman
over a year ago

on the hill NordWest of

*from the UK

Reply privately

over a year ago

Tipperary

"I hope Ireland will follow other European countries and ban flights and ferries asap. "
should of been done day 1 but they're not going to do it now.

Reply privately

By *oghunter33Woman
over a year ago

on the hill NordWest of

"I hope Ireland will follow other European countries and ban flights and ferries asap. should of been done day 1 but they're not going to do it now. "

They do seriously consider it as there's a new strain in the Uk that is more contagious.

Reply privately

By *oghunter33Woman
over a year ago

on the hill NordWest of

Done, 48 hour ban.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Tipperary

"I hope Ireland will follow other European countries and ban flights and ferries asap. should of been done day 1 but they're not going to do it now.

They do seriously consider it as there's a new strain in the Uk that is more contagious. "

airlines came out here this morning and said they have no plans to stop flights from the UK.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Done, 48 hour ban."

Was the ban for those socks Doghunter

Reply privately

By *oghunter33Woman
over a year ago

on the hill NordWest of

"I hope Ireland will follow other European countries and ban flights and ferries asap. should of been done day 1 but they're not going to do it now.

They do seriously consider it as there's a new strain in the Uk that is more contagious. airlines came out here this morning and said they have no plans to stop flights from the UK. "

It's done, young man.

Reply privately

By *osmicGateMan
over a year ago

louth

They won't ban flights to London or anywhere in UK so many Irish there..

Reply privately

By *oghunter33Woman
over a year ago

on the hill NordWest of

"Done, 48 hour ban.

Was the ban for those socks Doghunter "

Not a fab ban. What's wrong with my socks? Would it not turn you on sex with those socks on?

Reply privately

By *oghunter33Woman
over a year ago

on the hill NordWest of

"They won't ban flights to London or anywhere in UK so many Irish there.. "

Maybe check rte.ie

Reply privately

By *oserMan
over a year ago

where the wild roses grow

"Done, 48 hour ban.

Not a fab ban. What's wrong with my socks? Would it not turn you on sex with those socks on? "

You can leave the socks and even a hat on DH, just whip the rest off

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Done, 48 hour ban.

Not a fab ban. What's wrong with my socks? Would it not turn you on sex with those socks on? "

Of course they would....look what they are attached to

Reply privately

over a year ago

Tipperary

They do seriously consider it as there's a new strain in the Uk that is more contagious. airlines came out here this morning and said they have no plans to stop flights from the UK.

It's done, young man."

considering now. I'll wait with baited breath. probably too late at this stage.

Reply privately

By *osmicGateMan
over a year ago

louth

"They won't ban flights to London or anywhere in UK so many Irish there..

Maybe check rte.ie"

They're only thinking about it.. Typical of them I dunno what there is to think about just ban flights to UK and be done with it.. Even ferrys..

Reply privately

By *j69funCouple
over a year ago

kildare

Sky news have said all flights and sailing from the UK to Ireland have stopped.

Reply privately

over a year ago

It's got bad Ireland stopping all flights and boats coming from UK!

Reply privately