Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Ireland

Christmas friend ??

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Hi Folks

I wonder if I could please get your opinion?

I had a really difficult Christmas last year, feeling very very lonely and vulnerable etc. Luckily things have vastly improved for me, thanks to the kindness of good friends being there for me. And it’s something I’m very very grateful for.

As such I was contemplating, if I could be a Christmas friend for anybody on fab this year?

Just something simple like a social distanced coffee ,chat and / or walk in a public place over an hour or 2 if someone’s feeling lonely over the Christmas period.

Or if you just need a friendly face to chat to ( all in strict confidence of course!)

This is not a offer of a social meet, and is open to males and females with absolutely no intention or expectations of anything whatsoever inc future meets etc.

I’d be free in the general dublin area for a few days over the Christmas holidays and I can get drive to parts of Louth/ Meath/ Kildare no problem.

(Subject to any lockdown )

You might all think I’m mad- and maybe I am!’

But I’d just like to give something back,no matter how small

Take care ,stay safe and happy Christmas.

N

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

That's incredibly kind. Glad your year improved x

over a year ago

"Hi Folks

I had a really difficult Christmas last year, feeling very very lonely and vulnerable etc. Luckily things have vastly improved for me, thanks to the kindness of good friends being there for me. And it’s something I’m very very grateful for.

As such I was contemplating, if I could be a Christmas friend for anybody on fab this year?

Just something simple like a social distanced coffee ,chat and / or walk in a public place over an hour or 2 if someone’s feeling lonely over the Christmas period.

Or if you just need a friendly face to chat to ( all in strict confidence of course!)

This is not a offer of a social meet, and is open to males and females with absolutely no intention or expectations of anything whatsoever inc future meets etc.

I’d be free in the general dublin area for a few days over the Christmas holidays and I can get drive to parts of Louth/ Meath/ Kildare no problem.

N

"

Lovely gesture and feck it ill offer the same , I'm sligo/mayo direction and if anyone wants a chat, a social distance coffee let me know. I am working all the Xmas but I'm here to chat

over a year ago

What a lovely idea op. Am sure plenty of people are in the same position as you. Hope ye all have a wonderful few days..

over a year ago

"That's incredibly kind. Glad your year improved x"

Thank you very much.

By *inaandterryCouple
over a year ago

Westmeath

There are some angels out there good on you OP. Xmas can be such a lonely time for some our house is full i even feel alone at times. I hope you have a better 2021 and let's hope that who ever avails feels better two.

over a year ago

What a lovely offer OP and it's a beautiful thing to pay forward the support and care you were shown by others. I hope your generosity is a little ray of hope to someone

By *phrodite72Woman
over a year ago

dublin/galway

[Removed by poster at 18/12/20 18:43:19]

By *phrodite72Woman
over a year ago

dublin/galway

"Hi Folks

N

"

what a lovely gesture but no more than I would expect from you..you are a truly genuine selfless guy who always looks to help others

A lesson for us all fair play

over a year ago

Very kind. Maybe volunteer your help with a charity or trust that does/needs that kind of things.

Such offers can be easily misconstrued on a swinging site. I’m this wouldn’t be where folk in such need would necessarily look for such an offer and thus your offer goes a begging.

over a year ago

"Very kind. Maybe volunteer your help with a charity or trust that does/needs that kind of things.

Such offers can be easily misconstrued on a swinging site. I’m this wouldn’t be where folk in such need would necessarily look for such an offer and thus your offer goes a begging. "

Thanks Bref, I already volunteer with first fortnight festival / https://www.firstfortnight.ie/

over new year etc they are helping to break down the stigma around mental health.

By *osmicGateMan
over a year ago

louth

Not sure why people feel vulnerable and lonely at Christmas.. Society has a lot to blame for this.. We get bombarded every year with Christmas this and Christmas that.. A time for family bla bla bla.. Never fall into that trap.. Christmas can be whatever you want it to be..you should never compare your life to other people's as you will never truly be happy.. Always someone better or worse off.. It's just like any other time of year only its called Christmas that's it and you'll get time off work that's the only thing I look forward too

By *ofusplusCouple
over a year ago

Limerick

Lovely offer op, I hope someone in need takes it up

By *willfindyouWoman
over a year ago

Not looking to meet new peeps.

Grinch and all that nice idea. I cant mix. xx happy xmas all xxx

over a year ago

"Hi Folks

N

"

Oops -apologies

I forgot to mention, if anybody’s interested, just drop me a mail on fab. I’ll be checking daily over Christmas.

over a year ago

This could come in handy for myself who will be alone this year for the first time. Due too my father's passing recently an my mam 5 years ago so it's just me on my todders.. but looking at helping out with a local charity dinner for people in need that might pass a few hours an keep my mind at ease

By *og-ManMan
over a year ago

somewhere

"This could come in handy for myself who will be alone this year for the first time. Due too my father's passing recently an my mam 5 years ago so it's just me on my todders.. but looking at helping out with a local charity dinner for people in need that might pass a few hours an keep my mind at ease "

The charity dinners are mostly a bit different this year and you might need Garda Clearance

Dinners are being delivered by car to people in their houses or shelters instead of big group meeting in The RDS

Try ringing on monday if you want to help ....it takes a bit of time

By *willfindyouWoman
over a year ago

I would help anyone out in North Louth - Monaghan. if yee need anything. just txt. x

By *ocktailsdreamsMan
over a year ago

Edinburgh

I'll be there for too Belfast

By *eleytMan
over a year ago

holywood.

hi happy to chat or coffee.if i.m free.can be a quite and lonely time.

By *og-ManMan
over a year ago

somewhere

"This could come in handy for myself who will be alone this year for the first time. Due too my father's passing recently an my mam 5 years ago so it's just me on my todders.. but looking at helping out with a local charity dinner for people in need that might pass a few hours an keep my mind at ease

The charity dinners are mostly a bit different this year and you might need Garda Clearance

Dinners are being delivered by car to people in their houses or shelters instead of big group meeting in The RDS

Try ringing on monday if you want to help ....it takes a bit of time

The charity dinners are mostly a bit different this year and you might need Garda Clearance. Dont be such A DICK FFS. we are all just trying to help people "

When I want your opinion I'll ask for it thanks

He actually says that he wants to help at his local charity dinner so I helped him with some rules that are new this year

By *willfindyouWoman
over a year ago

I have a right to my opinion???

By *og-ManMan
over a year ago

somewhere

"

"

Of course you do...i just didnt ask for such an ill informed one

By *willfindyouWoman
over a year ago

"

"

oops Me bad have helped alot of peeps thro this and still will. I dont need a garda to tell me what to do.. get a dog you need company

over a year ago

Can fab forums fight over how best to do charity work this year.....

Your damn fucking right they can

By *antra MassageMan
over a year ago

Wicklow

Thanks for posting this OP, that's very kind and generous of you. If you reach only one other person, with your generosity, it will be worthwhile. (it's hard to see how the trolls will take umbrage at your post, but there's always someone who got out of the wrong side of the bed)

By *ed just RedWoman
over a year ago

Dublin City

"

oops Me bad have helped alot of peeps thro this and still will. I dont need a garda to tell me what to do.. get a dog you need company "

OMFG. He was sharing helpful information, not giving an opinion. What’s up your ass!?

By *aywhatnowMan
over a year ago

North County

"

oops Me bad have helped alot of peeps thro this and still will. I dont need a garda to tell me what to do.. get a dog you need company

OMFG. He was sharing helpful information, not giving an opinion. What’s up your ass!?"

Some people just love stirring it

By *ed just RedWoman
over a year ago

Dublin City

"

OMFG. He was sharing helpful information, not giving an opinion. What’s up your ass!?

Some people just love stirring it "

Totally unnecessary too. Lovely BM.

over a year ago

Oh

Please don’t argue folks, it wasn’t the purpose of the post. Thanks

Post new Message to Thread