Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Ireland

Online shopping

Jump to newest

By *etmebeurfantasy OP   Woman
over a year ago

My town

Has been the way I've done things this year. And I'm waiting patiently for that one thing for my middle daughter to arrive. And then last night I get yet another message saying another day it will delayed. This is the third time.

On this package .

How's everyone's else's online shopping going are you like me getting a bit stressed with items not arriving.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

A very important Christmas present will arrive on December 28th

By *lameBoyMan
over a year ago

Enfield & Dublin

This is the first time in 16 years of having children that my wife and I haven’t gone to do the Christmas shopping together. It’s so very strange. She has done 90% of it online and over the phone. She’s out today to get the last few bits organised. Hopefully next year we will be able to do it as always before.

By *og-ManMan
over a year ago

somewhere

Huge amount of packages stuck in main sorting office Portlaoise

I ordered for the first time off Amazon and they lost the item so got my money back

Since then the same item has been delivered twice foc to me

So if anyone wants an offical blue Samsung cover for an S20 FE give me a shout

By *cottybear74Man
over a year ago

kilkenny

Couriers and post are delayed up to 72 hours as they are all swamped

over a year ago

My town

"This is the first time in 16 years of having children that my wife and I haven’t gone to do the Christmas shopping together. It’s so very strange. She has done 90% of it online and over the phone. She’s out today to get the last few bits organised. Hopefully next year we will be able to do it as always before. "
this is what I miss mostly actually shopping for stuff, I haven't done much shopping in the shops for Xmas its been online and a pain waiting on stuff to arrive and it always arrive when my daughter home from school so making excuses its for someone else.

over a year ago

My town

"Huge amount of packages stuck in main sorting office Portlaoise

I ordered for the first time off Amazon and they lost the item so got my money back

So if anyone wants an offical blue Samsung cover for an S20 FE give me a shout "

happened to me too so I have a extra cover for a iPhone pencil

over a year ago

Ordered a package around the 25th of November. (UK company who I've never ordered from before). It was due to be delivered by the 5th-7th December.

Finally got a despatch email the other day and a link to the courier.

So far my package has gone from Bristol-London-Bristol-London and is in Ireland since 2am this morning although what part, I do not know.

I looked up the reviews for the courier and they are seriously bad. All one star. I'm pretty anxious tbh.

By *rmrs1234Couple
over a year ago

Waterford

I only had to get a few bits online this year. One was the Saturn V lego set that i got on amazon because it was out of stock on the lego website. It was in port Laoise for the guts of a week. Thankfully all my presents are got and i got some lovely bits in the smaller shops in town

over a year ago

"Has been the way I've done things this year. And I'm waiting patiently for that one thing for my middle daughter to arrive. And then last night I get yet another message saying another day it will delayed. This is the third time.

On this package .

How's everyone's else's online shopping going are you like me getting a bit stressed with items not arriving. "

Feel your pain.

I do Christmas shopping in first week of Nov, sometimes earlier to avoid the stress.

Im waiting patiently on the last parcel. And hopefully I will get it next Tuesday.

Fingers crossed my dear!

over a year ago

"Ordered a package around the 25th of November. (UK company who I've never ordered from before). It was due to be delivered by the 5th-7th December.

So far my package has gone from Bristol-London-Bristol-London and is in Ireland since 2am this morning although what part, I do not know.

I looked up the reviews for the courier and they are seriously bad. All one star. I'm pretty anxious tbh."

Update: My package is back in London since 2pm today.

Absolute incompetence.

over a year ago

My town

"Ordered a package around the 25th of November. (UK company who I've never ordered from before). It was due to be delivered by the 5th-7th December.

I looked up the reviews for the courier and they are seriously bad. All one star. I'm pretty anxious tbh.

Absolute incompetence."

my package supposed to come tomorrow says now its Monday

By *og-ManMan
over a year ago

somewhere

My sons package arrived today sent from the states mid last month

Card in the door ...owe An Post €19 to collect it at the sorting office

I drove to sorting office....they don't take cards

I had to drive to an ATM machine

I haven't used cash since March ffs

By *he SophisticatsCouple
over a year ago

York

So if anyone wants an offical blue Samsung cover for an S20 FE give me a shout happened to me too so I have a extra cover for a iPhone pencil "

I bought an iPad8 and an Apple Pencil from Apple recently, unfortunately they use UPS. Within 2 days I was informed of a delay, then after a week was informed it was lost!

A week later I was told it would have to be investigated before a refund can be issued....

(‘Tic Toc, times counting down)

Another 5 days before refunded.

Basically, UPS are the pits!!

After some research It seems to be common with that carrier, a lot of theft/delays etc.

I re-ordered same items and had them delivered within 4 days through DHL

Christmas is on back schedule

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 18/12/20 00:32:14]

over a year ago

Got the wife a Joni Mitchell CD.

over a year ago

Absolute incompetence.

my package supposed to come tomorrow says now its Monday "

Hope you get yours soon

By *dfabMan
over a year ago

Dunboyne

Been using Amazon for years, also eBay UK and ParcelMotel.

All excellent and the AnPost delivery great with DPD following as a close second.

Everything delivered, though I bought most essentials (my presents) in or shortly after Black Friday. Santa letters have to go up the chimney here before then. Lesson i learned expensively a few years ago.

Apparently that huge new building on left heading to Dublin in Clonee is new Amazon distribution centre because of Brexit!

If that's true, will be one day delivery and support more Irish suppliers

over a year ago

My town

So if anyone wants an offical blue Samsung cover for an S20 FE give me a shout happened to me too so I have a extra cover for a iPhone pencil

I bought an iPad8 and an Apple Pencil from Apple recently, unfortunately they use UPS. Within 2 days I was informed of a delay, then after a week was informed it was lost!

A week later I was told it would have to be investigated before a refund can be issued....

(‘Tic Toc, times counting down)

Another 5 days before refunded.

Basically, UPS are the pits!!

After some research It seems to be common with that carrier, a lot of theft/delays etc.

I re-ordered same items and had them delivered within 4 days through DHL

Christmas is on back schedule "

mines coming from ups

By *anKinkyMan
over a year ago

Carrick on Shannon

Reminds me must do some online uk Shopping before Brexit charges are added

By *-ManMan
over a year ago

Kark

At the start of the first lockdown I ordered from amazon.....5 months last 2 packages arrived and the 3rd never did... I get refunded for all!

By *elle xWoman
over a year ago

Doire Theas

I’m just waiting on the giant cookie I ordered

over a year ago

My town

Mine arrived yesterday and omg thank god

By *og-ManMan
over a year ago

somewhere

I won an award and a big box from DPD has just arrived for me

Its killing my family that I won't open it and I'm leaving it sitting in the hall...they think I've bought myself a present

By *oo32Man
over a year ago

tipperary

Mine went well....I got the last thing I ordered on thursday...

A few of my friends are waiting months for stuff to arrive...I've been lucky..

The best one was lifestyle...ordered Friday night and it was there sat around midday

Post new Message to Thread