Back to forum list
Back to Ireland

The missing profiles

Jump to newest

By *og-Man OP   Man
over a year ago

somewhere

I'm on here just over a year at this stage and enjoy it most of the time

I did go to delete the account once or twice but because of the way things have worked out Im glad I haven't and I'm certainly glad I joined the site and certainly glad I saw how it worked before covid.

Two questions

Who's on here the longest

I've noticed over the year some male accounts that have great profiles,take part in the forums,get one or two verifications and just delete the account

What's that about ...is it as simple as they thought the site was different to what it is

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *P_80Man
over a year ago

Waterford

I've only had the one account that will be 5 years old in a couple of months but I've taken long breaks in that time.

Pretty sure I saw a thread in the UK forums a while back from a couple saying they were here 10 years.

By *ealitybitesMan
over a year ago

Belfast

This is my 4th account in 4 years.

First one lasted 6 weeks and I left following my disastrous first meet.

Came back a few months later and only stayed 3 months but didn't really get involved in the site.

Third attempt was better and had 12-15 veris but mostly socials. Hid that account and took a break for over a year and within a month of coming back I deleted that account due to circumstances at the time.

This is the first profile where I've taken part in the forums and am much more _aid back about it all and have no plans to change anything or leave again.

By *weet threesome wifeCouple
over a year ago

Kilrea

We have been here 11 years just past oct and an other site prior to that, took breaks by hiding profile but never deleted, the other site profile is still active just not user friendly

By *un_Paul500Man
over a year ago

Dublin

I joined a year back. Nothing much was happening due to covid so took a break for last few months and joined back today.

Hope good luck this time

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

4 years on and off. Bit like RB I deleted my first profile within a week of joining after a bad experience, 2nd time deleted because a guy made threats. 3rd time was last year I needed a break.

This time I've learnt just to hide my profile, I'm a lot more relaxed this time around too, if I need a break hide profile and stay off site for a few days. People come and go for different reasons personal lives, work commitments or sometimes just fatigue with here. I know during the last few weeks I took a break over snide comments made on the forums. Lifes crap enough at times without strangers having a go at people.

Spoke to a friend yesterday and she showed me a message she got from a random guy, totally out of line, if people don't like someone just block them and move on. No need to get a dig in or put that person down.

This site is supposed to be fun, get away from life and the stuff we all deal with.

By *ustBoWoman
over a year ago

Somewhere in Co. Down

I've only had this account. I'm on here about a year and a half the odd time I hide my account for a few days if I need a break from here.

By *aid backMan
over a year ago

by a lake with my rod out

This is my first and only profile, except for cpl profile , and a few different party/socials profiles

But _aid back wrx will be my only profile if I delete it then I'm gone for good

over a year ago

Jay has been on and off for about 11 or 12 years on numerous profiles. I've been about 7 years give or take on a few profiles.

By *ontbesillywrapyourwillyMan
over a year ago

Tipperary

my 106th time here. fab is grand as an extra outlet. that's what it is for me. in normal times I have a great social life so I dont need fab for that.

By *parklySassWoman
over a year ago

Sassville

Been on and off FAB for about 9yrs...Ive deleted my account a few times but then came back on. My last account i had for about 5yrs I think!!

By *hett and scarlettCouple
over a year ago

Dublin

Been here since 2015, but on a rival site before that since about 2011/2012.

We actually attempted to start a new profile in the summer as we are looking to play again after a family break.

Fresh start and chance to reinvent was the reason, but it was a dumb idea.

Lost our friends, lost our hotlist, lost the folks that we had notes on. Not only that, newbies can be viewed with understandable skepticism (especially couple and females).

In the end, we came back to this profile and already have a couple of suitors lined up for Scarlett when meets are again an option

By *riskyfellow69Man
over a year ago

Swingerville

Started off on another site & then ended up on FAB. Current profile is over 5 years old. Deleted 2 prior to it while taking breaks. But as others have said, by doing so you lose friends lists, veris etc, so lesson learnt & always best to just hide the profile if having a break.

By *willfindyouWoman
over a year ago

Not looking to meet new peeps.

10 years. mostly good times.

over a year ago

This is our third profile, first one was casey lee321.

Yeah, you lose friends if you delete but it's not as though it's that difficult to find them again if you were really friends.

over a year ago

We're here around 5 years in total I think, maybe it's 6.

over a year ago

"

I've noticed over the year some male accounts that have great profiles,take part in the forums,get one or two verifications and just delete the account

What's that about ...is it as simple as they thought the site was different to what it is

"

Maybe they got into a relationship and weren't quite so keen on sharing when it was their own partner

By *eralt80Man
over a year ago

cork

This has been my only profile and I joined over 3 years ago. I came close a couple of times to deleting my account at the start but hung in there. I’d take the odd brake now and again too

By *xplicitMan
over a year ago

donegal

Here a lifetime...since the times of 'specs'..'elfie'...'thunderstruck'...

profile hidden and has been for several years and unlikely i would start meeting again .Always comes across the wrong way but its just too difficult on here without committing a serious part of your life to it, and frankly i dont have the time to do that.

Also, never understood the lack of 'policing'. Just ban the abusive 'devices' and they would go away, technologically simple as far as i am led to believe.

By *elfastDMan
over a year ago

belfast

I’m here over 9 years, I know because some of my pics are that old

But I haven’t changed, honestly

By *oserMan
over a year ago

where the wild roses grow

Here since 2011 ish

Lots here longer than that for sure.

Some great folk have gone and returned and then left and returned then went but returned then took a break then returned.

Some absolute nutters have come and gone but have also made great friends over the years.

By *etmebeurfantasyWoman
over a year ago

My town

"Here since 2011 ish

Some great folk have gone and returned and then left and returned then went but returned then took a break then returned.

Some absolute nutters have come and gone but have also made great friends over the years.

"

I miss yolo

By *oserMan
over a year ago

"Here since 2011 ish

I miss yolo "

I love yolo she sure showed me the ropes

By *aid backMan
over a year ago

"Here since 2011 ish

I miss yolo "

There's literally dozens of people I miss from my years here.

By *ontbesillywrapyourwillyMan
over a year ago

Tipperary

"Here since 2011 ish

I miss yolo

There's literally dozens of people I miss from my years here. "

not keep in contact?

By *aid backMan
over a year ago

"Here since 2011 ish

I miss yolo

There's literally dozens of people I miss from my years here. not keep in contact?"

With some of them yes.

By *oserMan
over a year ago

"Here since 2011 ish

I miss yolo

There's literally dozens of people I miss from my years here. "

In fairness you and Lollie must have made some serious buddies with all the socials etc

By *verage Joe BlackMan
over a year ago

Border Area

"I'm on here just over a year at this stage and enjoy it most of the time

I did go to delete the account once or twice but because of the way things have worked out Im glad I haven't and I'm certainly glad I joined the site and certainly glad I saw how it worked before covid.

Two questions

"

In answer to your questions...

1) I've seen at least one couple suggest they have been here from the start, 2006, when it really was just all about swingers (and nearly all couples). Not going to mention any names but in due of they are reading tote thread they will reveal themselves.

2) People come and go for all sorts of reasons. Real life is usually the answer in some shape or form. Some people get into relationships, or are here just to try some things out, or find its not what they thought. Some get frustrated and leave (usually guys), others get fed up. I've been on and off for around 5 yrs and my attachment to Fab depends on how much craic there is in the forum at any one time...

By *herieWoman
over a year ago

The Burbs

Over 2 years on and off

By *adylaceWoman
over a year ago

Waterford City

I'll be 9 years in March and like others. I've just hidden my profile when I needed a break. Sometimes for a week and sometimes for a year. But I always come back.

By *Belfast_FellaMan
over a year ago

belfast

8 years next month. Been tempted on occasion to delete the profile but I wouldn't want to lose my verifications etc., so I think if I got really fed up with the site, I'd just hide the profile and log out for a while.

over a year ago

Third time in nearly 2 years with the same profile name. I only started participating in the forums this year. Used to read a bit of the posts before. Tbh I haven't seen many major changes in there. Same thing going on. Some possitive some negative, little boring sometimes. I take the possitive side when Is there...fab offers a nice way of entertainment and distraction from the routine anyway.

over a year ago

"I'm on here just over a year at this stage and enjoy it most of the time

Two questions

"

Was here before and deleted my account. Needed a break but now I know if a break is needed just hide your profile and when ready to come back show it again and off you go. Starting as a newbie even though you might not be is hard.

By *ommando4Man
over a year ago

South Co. Dublin

Been on fab since 2015. Looking back I think the scene and site were much livelier back then with large socials with hundreds in attendance. Forums were better with novel posts. Haven’t been on much lately as busy with life and chat groups.

By *osmicGateMan
over a year ago

louth

Not sure how long I'm on fab I know it's years.. Have met a few people but very little when you consider the length of time the profile is here.. I'm not worried about that.. Fab is more of a routine now and since covid began I find myself using it and the forums a lot more

By *og-Man OP   Man
over a year ago

somewhere

"Been on fab since 2015. Looking back I think the scene and site were much livelier back then with large socials with hundreds in attendance. Forums were better with novel posts. Haven’t been on much lately as busy with life and chat groups."

When you say forums were better in the old days with novel posts

What do you mean

over a year ago

I've been on here over 10 years, with breaks of varying lengths in that time.

When I delete it's usually because Fab is being too distracting from work/real life and I need a break to focus.

It's a pity I've lost lots of verifications by deleting, but I find hiding the profile doesn't stop me logging back in!

By *iscuits8Man
over a year ago

Meath / Dublin / Birmingham

Probably on here 3-4 years. I was here on a previous profile under the name rocklobster (!) that profile got deleted and a break taken after a bit of a stalkery incident!

Post new Message to Thread