Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Ireland

what do you prefer

Jump to newest

By *ontbesillywrapyourwilly OP   Man
over a year ago

Tipperary

Online dating/meet ups or meeting people and chatting face to face from the outset in a bar /pub /club setting. what works for you and why?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"Online dating/meet ups or meeting people and chatting face to face from the outset in a bar /pub /club setting. what works for you and why? "

Online for me because I'm too awkward to meet at random. Online I can tell someone i like them before i meet them and if they like me then theres no problem flirting in person. In real life i always fear chatting up a random woman in case it goes wrong.

over a year ago

I find it much easier meeting ppl face to face. It's more personal and chatting face to face is always going to be better than a few msgs. It's more fun then if there's some flirting involved. Just an all round better more enjoyable experience.

Oh... and I'm just lovely as well

over a year ago

Meeting in person because of eye contact and body language you can't get that from messages

By *lderandbolderMan
over a year ago

clonakilty

Love to have eye contact and a good chat then you size a person up...

By *addubMan
over a year ago

dublin. 12

Face to face are best even if you don't play you can still have a few laughs & who knows maybe a new friend.

over a year ago

Online, can't abide pubs and clubs. People reveal far more of their true self online than they realise.

over a year ago

Online has to be the thing for shy people or those lacking in self confidence.For me if a connection is established online and a meet arranged l feel more relaxed and comfortable whereas at a club/pub the person youd like to chat up might just destroy what ever little bit of confidence you have with a word or a look.

over a year ago

Tipperary

for me it would be face to face. you have the initial attraction straight away and then you have the choice to chat to a person to engage their personality but you're still next to them so u get to visualise alot more. just my own opinion. there is alot of judgement and second guessing through a screen.

over a year ago

Tipperary

"Online has to be the thing for shy people or those lacking in self confidence.For me if a connection is established online and a meet arranged l feel more relaxed and comfortable whereas at a club/pub the person youd like to chat up might just destroy what ever little bit of confidence you have with a word or a look."
totally understand where somebody is extremely shy. on the rejection issue? thats something we have to all get used too unfortunately.

By *cottybear74Man
over a year ago

kilkenny

Hate the pub/club scene so I guess online.

By *oghunter33Woman
over a year ago

on the hill NordWest of

For nsa sex defo fab. In the pub or club I can't have a preview of someone's cock.

By *ichael McCarthyMan
over a year ago

Lucan

"For nsa sex defo fab. In the pub or club I can't have a preview of someone's cock. "

I had a buddy years ago who used to offer ladies a glimpse of the merchandise while chatting them up in bars/clubs. He'd regularly pop it out in the middle of a crowd. He was ahead of his time.

over a year ago

"For nsa sex defo fab. In the pub or club I can't have a preview of someone's cock.

I had a buddy years ago who used to offer ladies a glimpse of the merchandise while chatting them up in bars/clubs. He'd regularly pop it out in the middle of a crowd. He was ahead of his time. "

I think most of us had a friend like that when we were less circumspect about the company we kept

over a year ago

Tipperary

"For nsa sex defo fab. In the pub or club I can't have a preview of someone's cock. "
"show me your willy and I might ride ya"

By *oghunter33Woman
over a year ago

on the hill NordWest of

"For nsa sex defo fab. In the pub or club I can't have a preview of someone's cock.

I had a buddy years ago who used to offer ladies a glimpse of the merchandise while chatting them up in bars/clubs. He'd regularly pop it out in the middle of a crowd. He was ahead of his time.

I think most of us had a friend like that when we were less circumspect about the company we kept"

Do you mean pre-mobile camera and fb?

over a year ago

I think most of us had a friend like that when we were less circumspect about the company we kept

Do you mean pre-mobile camera and fb? "

That's entirely coincidental

By *ed just RedWoman
over a year ago

Dublin City

definitely online for me. I’m not shy or reticent at all but I find that chatting online gets awkward questions out of the way and you can see if you have common ground. THEN a meet.

Nothing worse than being really attracted to someone and then find they are a wanker. That’s how you make bad decisions. Much rather find out you are attracted to someone and then meet them and see if there is a click.

I suppose this is all under the hook up bracket tho? I couldn’t fuck someone I didn’t like as a person. I did that for years.

By *ongueadoMan
over a year ago

Dublin

I find in person is better for me. Easier to read a situation. Plus when messaging sometime I overthink what I want to say.

By *oft_sexy_sweetWoman
over a year ago

Dublin

I never, and I mean never, get approached in real life so it's online all the way for me!

over a year ago

Bit of both

over a year ago

You could do the approaching

By *oft_sexy_sweetWoman
over a year ago

Dublin

"You could do the approaching "

If a guy doesn't have the interest and the confidence to approach me, he definitely won't be able to handle me otherwise!

By *ardyboy54321Man
over a year ago

Fermanagh

Hard ta bate face to face

By *avidc2019Man
over a year ago

dublin

I love face to face but I also love fab because you get to engage in conversation and finding common ground outside of a pub/club scene it’s hard to find that in a pub..fab is some much better

over a year ago

I'd probably still be a virgin if it wasn't for online. In fact I would as I've never got sex where the initial meet wasn't online. The first woman I had sex with I met through one of the dating channels on sky.

Really shouldn't admit all this here, but sure look.

over a year ago

"You could do the approaching

If a guy doesn't have the interest and the confidence to approach me, he definitely won't be able to handle me otherwise! "

Not always the case...you ever hear the sayings beware of the quite ones or the quite ones are the ones to watch out for

Post new Message to Thread