Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Ireland

Mind Changer

Jump to newest

By *isnameismargaret OP   Man
over a year ago

Dublin

What's something that would make you change your mind about a meet once you got there?

I once arrived at a flat and the smell would have killed a binman.

On top of that there was a plate of half eaten food on the bed.

I made as polite an excuse as I could and went back into the night, horn deflated and defeated.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *unnitoesWoman
over a year ago

Belfast

The wife at the front gate

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Was this the first time meeting?

I tend to have a social and a bit of chat beforehand so i have half an idea of what kind of person im meeting.

By *issme39Woman
over a year ago

kildare

I always do a coffee/drink first so things have never really been that bad...

over a year ago

Dublin

First time but lots of chatting beforehand. She seemed a bit wild but I thought it was endearing.

When I got there it was probably more than a little crazy.

"Was this the first time meeting?

I tend to have a social and a bit of chat beforehand so i have half an idea of what kind of person im meeting.

"

over a year ago

Dublin

Does it come up much that you get a "definitely not" vibe meeting for coffee?

"I always do a coffee/drink first so things have never really been that bad... "

over a year ago

Dublin

Could be the welcome wagon

"The wife at the front gate "

By *ealitybitesMan
over a year ago

Belfast

If she hadn't shaved and looked more like her da than her ma

over a year ago

"First time but lots of chatting beforehand. She seemed a bit wild but I thought it was endearing.

When I got there it was probably more than a little crazy.

Was this the first time meeting?

"

Bet you made a new social meet first rule after that lol

over a year ago

Dublin

The hard way is the best way to learn a lesson.

"

Bet you made a new social meet first rule after that lol "

By *og-ManMan
over a year ago

somewhere

"What's something that would make you change your mind about a meet once you got there?

I made as polite an excuse as I could and went back into the night, horn deflated and defeated."

Reminds me of the episode of friends when Ross went to a dates flat and food everywhere

over a year ago

Dublin

Did Ross stay or go?

"What's something that would make you change your mind about a meet once you got there?

I made as polite an excuse as I could and went back into the night, horn deflated and defeated.

Reminds me of the episode of friends when Ross went to a dates flat and food everywhere "

By *issme39Woman
over a year ago

kildare

"Does it come up much that you get a "definitely not" vibe meeting for coffee?

I always do a coffee/drink first so things have never really been that bad... "

I know fairly quickly at coffee if i want to go further its usually I've no spark with them so its a thanks but not for me.

over a year ago

I made as polite an excuse as I could and went back into the night, horn deflated and defeated."

I once had a meet show up at my door, soaking wet and shivering having walked over an hour from the bus stop in the pissing rain. I thought I was going to have to wrap him in tin foil. That was fairly alarming.

I also had a guy show up for a meet, and realised I had met him before but refused to meet him again. So he set up a new profile catfished me, met me and then somehow thought I wouldn't notice.

There are too many other bizzar meets to mention tbh. You men need to have a word with yourselves.

By *og-ManMan
over a year ago

somewhere

"Did Ross stay or go?

What's something that would make you change your mind about a meet once you got there?

Reminds me of the episode of friends when Ross went to a dates flat and food everywhere "

He hit a bag with a rat in it with a bat ....turned out to be her hamster

Monica turned up to clean the flat

over a year ago

Dublin

That's a more sensible option than having to try and make an excuse in their home while holding your nose.

I know fairly quickly at coffee if i want to go further its usually I've no spark with them so its a thanks but not for me. "

over a year ago

Dublin

I once had a meet show up at my door, soaking wet and shivering having walked over an hour from the bus stop in the pissing rain. I thought I was going to have to wrap him in tin foil. That was fairly alarming.

I also had a guy show up for a meet, and realised I had met him before but refused to meet him again. So he set up a new profile catfished me, met me and then somehow thought I wouldn't notice.

There are too many other bizzar meets to mention tbh. You men need to have a word with yourselves. "

I think you must have a gypsys curse on you with that level of crazy.

over a year ago

Dublin

"Did Ross stay or go?

Reminds me of the episode of friends when Ross went to a dates flat and food everywhere

He hit a bag with a rat in it with a bat ....turned out to be her hamster

Monica turned up to clean the flat "

No animals were harmed in the course of this non meet.

By *ealitybitesMan
over a year ago

Belfast

There are too many other bizzar meets to mention tbh. You men need to have a word with yourselves. "

Ye women aren't bizarre at all

over a year ago

I have been catfished 3 times. Women are very good at looking better in pictures, in numerous differnt ways.

One of those was a coffee meet so it was great to be able to chat and not have it more akward.

One was a tinder date.

Another I traveled to bray to meet her.

By *ateniteCouple
over a year ago

Youghal

A guy turning up in dirty white shorts and flip flops, said he wasn't a smoker but spent most of his time out at the smoking area....sometimes the huge cock just isn't worth it

over a year ago

Dublin

Another one had me make a detour to another town but never asked for a face photo.

I rang the doorbell, no answer, then got a message here saying their housemate was suddenly on the way home from work five hours early.

I messaged back that I wasn't angry but ask for a face photo before someone arrives on your doorstep.

By *ustBoWoman
over a year ago

Somewhere in Co. Down

I always have a social meet first. I usually know pretty quicky if we are into each other and if we will meet again.

I made the mistake of going to a guys home once when he told me his car was in being fixed (turns out he didn't actually have a car)even tho I had made it clear it was just for coffee and a chat it was not a good experience and it was a lesson learned to never go to anyone's house for a first meet. Meet in public that way it's easier to get away if they aren't what you are expect.

over a year ago

Dublin

"I always have a social meet first. I usually know pretty quicky if we are into each other and if we will meet again.

I made the mistake of going to a guys home once when he told me his car was in being fixed (turns out he didn't actually have a car)even tho I had made it clear it was just for coffee and a chat it was not a good experience and it was a lesson learned to never go to anyone's house for a first meet. Meet in public that way it's easier to get away if they aren't what you are expect. "

You're wiser than I was. Much easier to get out of.

over a year ago

I know fairly quickly at coffee if i want to go further its usually I've no spark with them so its a thanks but not for me. "

I think our coffee went OK

By *ustBoWoman
over a year ago

Somewhere in Co. Down

"I always have a social meet first. I usually know pretty quicky if we are into each other and if we will meet again.

I made the mistake of going to a guys home once when he told me his car was in being fixed (turns out he didn't actually have a car)even tho I had made it clear it was just for coffee and a chat it was not a good experience and it was a lesson learned to never go to anyone's house for a first meet. Meet in public that way it's easier to get away if they aren't what you are expect.

You're wiser than I was. Much easier to get out of."

Only wiser after I made the mistake tho.

over a year ago

"

Ye women aren't bizarre at all"

Correct. We're all perfect and you're all mad as a bag of cats.

over a year ago

Dublin

You're wiser than I was. Much easier to get out of.

Only wiser after I made the mistake tho. "

Best way to learn!

over a year ago

Dublin

"

Ye women aren't bizarre at all

Correct. We're all perfect and you're all mad as a bag of cats. "

Men and women are both crazy. They both just think it's the other that is.

The best you can hope for is syncing up the levels of craziness.

By *oft_sexy_sweetWoman
over a year ago

Dublin

Bad breath, bad manners, doesn't look like their pics. I don't ever go to meets, they always come to me so it would never be a housekeeping thing for me!

over a year ago

Dublin

"

Bad breath, bad manners, doesn't look like their pics. I don't ever go to meets, they always come to me so it would never be a housekeeping thing for me! "

I'm hearing a few "don't look like their pics."

How does anyone expect to get away with this?

By *issme39Woman
over a year ago

kildare

"That's a more sensible option than having to try and make an excuse in their home while holding your nose.

Does it come up much that you get a "definitely not" vibe meeting for coffee?

We have all made mistakes but that's how we learn x

By *oft_sexy_sweetWoman
over a year ago

Dublin

"

Bad breath, bad manners, doesn't look like their pics. I don't ever go to meets, they always come to me so it would never be a housekeeping thing for me!

How does anyone expect to get away with this?"

They rely on the social conditioning that prevents people (especially women) from 'being rude' or 'making a scene' and it probably works a lot of the time. I've done plenty of things I didn't want to because it was easier and safer than speaking up (when I was in my teens and early 20s).

over a year ago

Dublin

"

How does anyone expect to get away with this?

They rely on the social conditioning that prevents people (especially women) from 'being rude' or 'making a scene' and it probably works a lot of the time. I've done plenty of things I didn't want to because it was easier and safer than speaking up (when I was in my teens and early 20s). "

Fuck those guy's. I know what you mean about going along with things in your 20s. The people who are expecting that are creeps.

By *oghunter33Woman
over a year ago

on the hill NordWest of

Only happened to me once when I was still a beginner. Just couldn't feel the heat so I walked out. I really felt sorry for the guy but I can't force myself. Anyway what I learned from it is to do my homework carefully and entirely. It hasn't happen a second time.

If it happens too often your selection process is flawed, at least that's my opinion.

over a year ago

Dublin

"Only happened to me once when I was still a beginner. Just couldn't feel the heat so I walked out. I really felt sorry for the guy but I can't force myself. Anyway what I learned from it is to do my homework carefully and entirely. It hasn't happen a second time.

If it happens too often your selection process is flawed, at least that's my opinion. "

Good on you it only took the one questionable encounter to get it right.

It beats the car crashes that can occur when you aren't going with your gut.

By *olm_irishMan
over a year ago

Clonee

Lol yeah, I met a girl for a "car coffee" once, she clearly forgot to shower (for about a week) could happen to anyone hey lol

Post new Message to Thread