Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Ireland

Emotional

Jump to newest

By *ungry Cat OP   Couple
over a year ago

Belfast

Few nights ago Dirk got all emotional when he ordered himself a comic which his grandad used to buy him when he was a little boy.

I got all emotional a while ago when I watched a puppy rescue video and got a little tickle in my heart and a need to go rescue an older doggo from a shelter (even though me and Dirk don't have time to properly look after a pet and walk for miles twice a day - it would still be better than getting put down or spending the rest of the life in a cage).

What gets you emotional and nostalgic and gives you the warm, fuzzy feeling inside?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *og-ManMan
over a year ago

somewhere

Some music,films or when I hit the bed some nights and am just lonely and want someone to cuddle up to my back

Youtube video's of people hearing for the first time after having implants or american soldiers surprising their kids after getting home from overseas

over a year ago

Belfast

Flip sake Missus, I don't want anyone knowing I have emotions. Dirk

By *1shadesofnaughtyMan
over a year ago

South Limerick

Seeing current and past Tipperary captains lifting the Liam McCarty cup in the Hogan stand.

By *rmrs1234Couple
over a year ago

Waterford

Watching videos of the kids when they were babies. Then i start getting broody. Then one of them starts screaming at the other over something and i remind myself never again

By *ofusplusCouple
over a year ago

Limerick

Yep, animal rescue vids, every time

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

One of my cats went missing a couple of months ago. I've just been for a walk where he was last seen and I sobbed my heart out. I go there a couple of times a week in the hope he'll return to what was his favourite hunting ground and it always makes me emotional but some days it really really gets me right in the heart

over a year ago

I don't do nostalgia. Thinking about my father's death makes me emotional at times, also, moments when it hits me how lucky I am with Lee.

By *ardyboy54321Man
over a year ago

Fermanagh

I get all emotional when I open my wallet. that fiver loves that wee wallet

By *anFromMarsMan
over a year ago

North

I was emotional watching the covit documentary a couple of weeks ago, especially a guy called Joe who went in went kidney problems, caught covit and seemed to be doing relatively fine then deteriorated and ended up being ventilated and nearly a goner. I was rooting for him while watching it really hoping he'd pull through and when he did I was so relieved....mad when you dont even know the guy but he was such a character and I really wanted him to make it back home to his wife....having watched the documentary it didn't always end up that way

By *etmebeurfantasyWoman
over a year ago

My town

Hearing my mums favorite song being played will bring tears to my eyes

over a year ago

Hope yous have the tissues ready.....I watched a little snippet of a courtroom drama where a woman and a man with two young kids were getting married and their kids were their maid of honour and best man respectively.

When the judge asked the ol question if there was anyone that objects the woman's sister stands up and she starts to say how she knows they would love it if their eldest son was here.....(jesus I'm already getting teary again typing this)

While she was saying this there was a narrator explaining what happened their son died and how long ago etc. All the while a young man walks in and the voiceover explains how their son was a donor.....the young man walked in and he was the recipient of their sons heart and he brought in with him a stethoscope and they listened to their son's heart beating in the young man's chest and he said "I thought I should come here today and tell you right now, his heart is home"

Just fricking beautiful!! :'-)

By *og-ManMan
over a year ago

somewhere

"Hope yous have the tissues ready.....I watched a little snippet of a courtroom drama where a woman and a man with two young kids were getting married and their kids were their maid of honour and best man respectively.

When the judge asked the ol question if there was anyone that objects the woman's sister stands up and she starts to say how she knows they would love it if their eldest son was here.....(jesus I'm already getting teary again typing this)

While she was saying this there was a narrator explaining what happened their son died and how long ago etc. All the while a young man walks in and the voiceover explains how their son was a donor.....the young man walked in and he was the recipient of their sons heart and he brought in with him a stethoscope and they listened to their son's heart beating in the young man's chest and he said "I thought I should come here today and tell you right now, his heart is home"

Just fricking beautiful!! :'-) "

Jesus christ how can I drive when someone is peeling onions in my car

By *eralt80Man
over a year ago

cork

"Hope yous have the tissues ready.....I watched a little snippet of a courtroom drama where a woman and a man with two young kids were getting married and their kids were their maid of honour and best man respectively.

Jesus christ how can I drive when someone is peeling onions in my car "

The onions are strong tonight

By *etmebeurfantasyWoman
over a year ago

My town

Just fricking beautiful!! :'-) "

that is beautiful....omg imagine actually being there and witnessing it . I'd be a bawling mess on the floor

By *P_80Man
over a year ago

Waterford

The end of the movie Cool Runnings when they carry their bob sled over the finish line. The look John Candy gives the main Jamaican guy.

Getting goosebumps just writing this

By *ealitybitesMan
over a year ago

Belfast

Not so much animal rescue stories but amazing things that animals do in rescuing their owners or protecting kids etc.

Another one is the story of Christian the lion who was bought in Harrods by two guys in the 70's. The full story is on YouTube if you haven't seen it. Unbelievable.

By *P_80Man
over a year ago

Waterford

"Not so much animal rescue stories but amazing things that animals do in rescuing their owners or protecting kids etc.

Another one is the story of Christian the lion who was bought in Harrods by two guys in the 70's. The full story is on YouTube if you haven't seen it. Unbelievable."

Yeah that's amazing. Did you see the one of the guy introducing his wife to a family of gorillas.

Positive human and animal interactions are wonderful.

over a year ago

Jesus christ how can I drive when someone is peeling onions in my car "

Definitely not where you want somebody peeling oinions BM, that's some bad passengers, ha

over a year ago

Just fricking beautiful!! :'-) that is beautiful....omg imagine actually being there and witnessing it . I'd be a bawling mess on the floor "

So would I fantasy, ha

over a year ago

Kaizer is extremely excited about the new Liverpool Jersey that's been ordered

By *oghunter33Woman
over a year ago

on the hill NordWest of

At present the Irish weather

By *og-ManMan
over a year ago

somewhere

"Kaizer is extremely excited about the new Liverpool Jersey that's been ordered "

Not impressed with the blue and white stripe

Think I'll wait for the away and see what its like

By *P_80Man
over a year ago

Waterford

"Kaizer is extremely excited about the new Liverpool Jersey that's been ordered "

It's some price. Did you order the replica or the match one?

By *verage Joe BlackMan
over a year ago

Border Area

"At present the Irish weather "

You let the Irish weather get to you and you’ll be on valium for life..!!

By *ork fellaMan
over a year ago

Macroom

Don't know if I should put this on here but here goes, we had friends of my girlfriend from up the country stay with us this past weekend as part of their staycation.One of my friends who they hadn't met before called over Sunday night, hes just been given the all clear from Cancer for the third time at age 26. During the night he proceeded to tell us his experience of the battle he had with it and focused more so on his mental health outlook during it. He told us that he had decided he couldn't keep going with the last rounds of treatment as it was too much and rather than fade away he decided he would take his own life.He then told us of how he planned to do it at night in his hospital room but that what happened was one nurse noticed he was off form that day and kept checking on him. When her 12 hour shift finished rather than leave she came and sat by his bed for the night and told him she knew what he was planning and basically through talking and talking she saved his life. The treatment he went through is fairly new as he's become the 6th out of 7 patients to survive cancer using this treatment. The girls in the group in the house here were all in tears while he spoke and tbh I couldn't speak and had a huge lump in my throat thinking of what could have happened only for that nurse. She literally is a life saver.

By *og-ManMan
over a year ago

somewhere

_ork fella

Thanks for posting that its incredible

over a year ago

"Don't know if I should put this on here but here goes, we had friends of my girlfriend from up the country stay with us this past weekend as part of their staycation.One of my friends who they hadn't met before called over Sunday night, hes just been given the all clear from Cancer for the third time at age 26. During the night he proceeded to tell us his experience of the battle he had with it and focused more so on his mental health outlook during it. He told us that he had decided he couldn't keep going with the last rounds of treatment as it was too much and rather than fade away he decided he would take his own life.He then told us of how he planned to do it at night in his hospital room but that what happened was one nurse noticed he was off form that day and kept checking on him. When her 12 hour shift finished rather than leave she came and sat by his bed for the night and told him she knew what he was planning and basically through talking and talking she saved his life. The treatment he went through is fairly new as he's become the 6th out of 7 patients to survive cancer using this treatment. The girls in the group in the house here were all in tears while he spoke and tbh I couldn't speak and had a huge lump in my throat thinking of what could have happened only for that nurse. She literally is a life saver. "

Nurses, are just so amazing, this one is no exception

By *ork fellaMan
over a year ago

Macroom

"Don't know if I should put this on here but here goes, we had friends of my girlfriend from up the country stay with us this past weekend as part of their staycation.One of my friends who they hadn't met before called over Sunday night, hes just been given the all clear from Cancer for the third time at age 26. During the night he proceeded to tell us his experience of the battle he had with it and focused more so on his mental health outlook during it. He told us that he had decided he couldn't keep going with the last rounds of treatment as it was too much and rather than fade away he decided he would take his own life.He then told us of how he planned to do it at night in his hospital room but that what happened was one nurse noticed he was off form that day and kept checking on him. When her 12 hour shift finished rather than leave she came and sat by his bed for the night and told him she knew what he was planning and basically through talking and talking she saved his life. The treatment he went through is fairly new as he's become the 6th out of 7 patients to survive cancer using this treatment. The girls in the group in the house here were all in tears while he spoke and tbh I couldn't speak and had a huge lump in my throat thinking of what could have happened only for that nurse. She literally is a life saver.

Nurses, are just so amazing, this one is no exception "

Totally agree, my better half is also a nurse!

over a year ago

"Don't know if I should put this on here but here goes, we had friends of my girlfriend from up the country stay with us this past weekend as part of their staycation.One of my friends who they hadn't met before called over Sunday night, hes just been given the all clear from Cancer for the third time at age 26. During the night he proceeded to tell us his experience of the battle he had with it and focused more so on his mental health outlook during it. He told us that he had decided he couldn't keep going with the last rounds of treatment as it was too much and rather than fade away he decided he would take his own life.He then told us of how he planned to do it at night in his hospital room but that what happened was one nurse noticed he was off form that day and kept checking on him. When her 12 hour shift finished rather than leave she came and sat by his bed for the night and told him she knew what he was planning and basically through talking and talking she saved his life. The treatment he went through is fairly new as he's become the 6th out of 7 patients to survive cancer using this treatment. The girls in the group in the house here were all in tears while he spoke and tbh I couldn't speak and had a huge lump in my throat thinking of what could have happened only for that nurse. She literally is a life saver.

Nurses, are just so amazing, this one is no exception .

Totally agree, my better half is also a nurse! "

Just had 5 days in mater in Cork and have to say the nursing staff were fantastic. Pity our politicians dont see how much effort these people put into caring for others.

over a year ago

Totally agree, my better half is also a nurse! "

You looking Dog Cork Fella, looked after in more ways than one! Ha

By *enguin1Man
over a year ago

The sticks

Any clips of dogs being put to sleep

Reminds me of the night I had to put my 15yr old dog to sleep , he was standing on the vets table and I was holding him steady, then I just felt his legs give way and I’ll never ever forgot the feel of him fade into my arms.

RIP buddy

By *ork fellaMan
over a year ago

Macroom

Just had 5 days in mater in Cork and have to say the nursing staff were fantastic. Pity our politicians dont see how much effort these people put into caring for others. "

Couldn't agree more with you!

By *ork fellaMan
over a year ago

Macroom

You looking Dog Cork Fella, looked after in more ways than one! Ha "

Haha so so very true

over a year ago

You looking Dog Cork Fella, looked after in more ways than one! Ha

Haha so so very true "

My lady is in the medical profession and I was told how she saved a patient one night in theatre. They are amazing selfless people.

over a year ago

Long lost Family when they find their birth parent/or child they had given up alway's get's me very emotional and any video's of kid's seeing/hearing for the first time

over a year ago

Belfast

"Any clips of dogs being put to sleep

Reminds me of the night I had to put my 15yr old dog to sleep , he was standing on the vets table and I was holding him steady, then I just felt his legs give way and I’ll never ever forgot the feel of him fade into my arms.

RIP buddy"

Ooh I remember how I full on sobbed watching a video where a vet explained how horrible it is when pet owners bring their pets to be put down and not stay there with them. How pets frantically look for their owners who are not there to comfort them through their last breath.

At least you were there for your doggo and he passed in piece x

Mrs

over a year ago

I'm brutal I cry at home and away , can't watch diy sos I cry the whole way through.

Videos of animals, kids etc

over a year ago

Other than frozen 2.. Im not sure anything gets me overly emotional.

About the dog thing missy.. Wanna be a joint owner of my dog? Lol

over a year ago

Belfast

"Other than frozen 2.. Im not sure anything gets me overly emotional.

About the dog thing missy.. Wanna be a joint owner of my dog? Lol"

I don't believe I ever met your doggo! We could be onto something!

By *vpamelaTV/TS
over a year ago

kinkville

Sad/happy emotional Hollywood movies. Totally tear up. Feel very embarrassed about it.

over a year ago

"Other than frozen 2.. Im not sure anything gets me overly emotional.

About the dog thing missy.. Wanna be a joint owner of my dog? Lol

I don't believe I ever met your doggo! We could be onto something! "

Lol hes available for cuddles and walks at anytime..

By *og-ManMan
over a year ago

somewhere

"Sad/happy emotional Hollywood movies. Totally tear up. Feel very embarrassed about it."

Ghost,ET...the list is endless DD

By *P_80Man
over a year ago

Waterford

Any man that says he wasn't affected by the end of Terminator 2 is a no good downright dirty liar

By *og-ManMan
over a year ago

somewhere

"Any man that says he wasn't affected by the end of Terminator 2 is a no good downright dirty liar"

By *B 4099Man
over a year ago

North West, Outer Letterkenny area

Just had 5 days in mater in Cork and have to say the nursing staff were fantastic. Pity our politicians dont see how much effort these people put into caring for others.

Couldn't agree more with you! "

wow. Powerful stuff.

By *he English OneMan
over a year ago

west

"Few nights ago Dirk got all emotional when he ordered himself a comic which his grandad used to buy him when he was a little boy.

I got all emotional a while ago when I watched a puppy rescue video and got a little tickle in my heart and a need to go rescue an older doggo from a shelter (even though me and Dirk don't have time to properly look after a pet and walk for miles twice a day - it would still be better than getting put down or spending the rest of the life in a cage).

What gets you emotional and nostalgic and gives you the warm, fuzzy feeling inside? "

Looking back at old pics just thinking how good my life was when I was younger watching old programs that I used to watch growing up I used to be mad into the power rangers(mighty morphin series) I had everything my toys costumes the lot my favourite part was when the zords were called in then forming together to make the megazord I always got emotional when everytime that part came up I sort of still do now childhood only lasts for so long just looking back at them times really get the tears going god I'm a soppy eijet

over a year ago

"Few nights ago Dirk got all emotional when he ordered himself a comic which his grandad used to buy him when he was a little boy.

What gets you emotional and nostalgic and gives you the warm, fuzzy feeling inside?

Looking back at old pics just thinking how good my life was when I was younger watching old programs that I used to watch growing up I used to be mad into the power rangers(mighty morphin series) I had everything my toys costumes the lot my favourite part was when the zords were called in then forming together to make the megazord I always got emotional when everytime that part came up I sort of still do now childhood only lasts for so long just looking back at them times really get the tears going god I'm a soppy eijet "

Yes you are Honky Tonk.....and with IMPECCABLE taste!

over a year ago

Car SOS, brings me to tears every time

By *he English OneMan
over a year ago

west

Looking back at old pics just thinking how good my life was when I was younger watching old programs that I used to watch growing up I used to be mad into the power rangers(mighty morphin series) I had everything my toys costumes the lot my favourite part was when the zords were called in then forming together to make the megazord I always got emotional when everytime that part came up I sort of still do now childhood only lasts for so long just looking back at them times really get the tears going god I'm a soppy eijet

Yes you are Honky Tonk.....and with IMPECCABLE taste! "

I blame the OP for such a thread sorry OP have to blame someone other than myself

over a year ago

"Kaizer is extremely excited about the new Liverpool Jersey that's been ordered

Not impressed with the blue and white stripe

Think I'll wait for the away and see what its like"

It's green

over a year ago

"Kaizer is extremely excited about the new Liverpool Jersey that's been ordered

It's some price. Did you order the replica or the match one?"

There's only one on the store...... Equipped with all the gold

By *man79Man
over a year ago

newry dundalk. warrenpoint

What gets you emotional and nostalgic and gives you the warm, fuzzy feeling inside? "

Once I got so emotional watching silence of the lambs. But realized it was the fucking onions that I had chopped prior to watching it

over a year ago

The one thing that gets me emotionally all the time is listening to my favourite music cause it's the music I listened to when l was growing up as a kid ( today's music is just pure fucking crap )...and the music just always brings me back to certain places in certain times with certain people .. Brilliant times and people..music is Emotion... Emotion is music ..

over a year ago

"Don't know if I should put this on here but here goes, we had friends of my girlfriend from up the country stay with us this past weekend as part of their staycation.One of my friends who they hadn't met before called over Sunday night, hes just been given the all clear from Cancer for the third time at age 26. During the night he proceeded to tell us his experience of the battle he had with it and focused more so on his mental health outlook during it. He told us that he had decided he couldn't keep going with the last rounds of treatment as it was too much and rather than fade away he decided he would take his own life.He then told us of how he planned to do it at night in his hospital room but that what happened was one nurse noticed he was off form that day and kept checking on him. When her 12 hour shift finished rather than leave she came and sat by his bed for the night and told him she knew what he was planning and basically through talking and talking she saved his life. The treatment he went through is fairly new as he's become the 6th out of 7 patients to survive cancer using this treatment. The girls in the group in the house here were all in tears while he spoke and tbh I couldn't speak and had a huge lump in my throat thinking of what could have happened only for that nurse. She literally is a life saver. "

Nurses are absolutely amazing people and that's why it really made my blood boil when l saw those fuckers in government giving the front line workers the biggest hypocritical " round of applause " earlier during Covid ,. why ??? Cause a few short months earlier those nurses had to walk the streets on strike to get a few quid extra cause the government wouldn't give it to them but yet they always have no problems giving themselves hefty pay rises and increasing expenses..then give them a round of applause ..fucking hypocrites !!!.. . NURSES ROCK !!!

over a year ago

I get emotional when thinking about a childhood friend of mine who died of cancer when he was 21. I had just moved back from the UK when he got diagnosed and would visit him in hospital as often as I could. He relapse about 18mths after treatment ended. I work in healthcare so had a sneaking idea that it wasn't good news.

In the mean time I bought a video camera and one daytime spent 6 hrs filming him out surfing and got some amazing footage of him. On the day of his burial I asked his mum if I could play the footage for them afterwards where some people had gathered after the burial. You could hear a pin drop as people watched the video. Everyone said it was some of his best surfing they had ever seen him do. His whole character came out that day. I felt privileged that day that i was able to film him. It was one of those days where everything was perfect, the sun was shining the waves where perfect and he was in brilliant form. I got a massive hug from his whole family that day. It was all very emotional and we all cried

In the almost 20 yrs since his burial i still cry when I think of him. He was the nicest most chilled out person I ever knew. I really miss him because he had a way of knowing when I was in a bad place and always managed to get me out of my head and see things differently. As the years have passed I might not think of him as often but when I'm reminded of him I have a cry to myself and especially if I'm in a rough place I just think of what he would say to me.

By *ouble Trouble 1000Couple
over a year ago

ireland

Old loves I watched with my kids,music and memories of people no longer here .

By *og-ManMan
over a year ago

somewhere

Pete Mitchels...

Thats a wonderful tribute to a friend

By *ornyfireCouple
over a year ago

Middle Earth

Cried Watching Tommie Gorman report on John Humes funeral yesterday. Since I've had children anything sad makes me cry silly soap deaths to real life stuff. Certain songs I'd associate with loved ones funerals. Had 2 friends die last year so lots of tears so I constantly tell kids it's OK to cry its OK to be sad, hugs from the them make me feel better.

over a year ago

"Pete Mitchels...

Thats a wonderful tribute to a friend "

Cheers man, he was one in a million

By *rade69Man
over a year ago

dublin

What’s the series “this is us “ if you don’t cry at that you have no soul

By *ork fellaMan
over a year ago

Macroom

Nurses are absolutely amazing people and that's why it really made my blood boil when l saw those fuckers in government giving the front line workers the biggest hypocritical " round of applause " earlier during Covid ,. why ??? Cause a few short months earlier those nurses had to walk the streets on strike to get a few quid extra cause the government wouldn't give it to them but yet they always have no problems giving themselves hefty pay rises and increasing expenses..then give them a round of applause ..fucking hypocrites !!!.. . NURSES ROCK !!! "

Yeah I'd agree with you there bud. A round of applause won't pay a mortgage for a nurse at all. The Government now are a joke show and the last one wasn't much better either. So much could be done so much better in this country.

over a year ago

When I was younger my grandad would turn up at our house at Easter with a huge black bin bag full of Easter eggs. He had so many grandchildren, he would go out and buy a load of eggs and then go to each house and let us pick one out of the bag. He would do the same thing at Christmas with selection boxes and he'd have a present for each of us as well.

He passed away when I was 15 or 16. I always remember him when those holidays come around.

Post new Message to Thread