Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Ireland

Chat groups ... in or out

Jump to newest

By *lurrynfee OP   Couple
over a year ago

donegal

Just wondering if chat groups a thing off the past ...maybe something new out there we havent heard about yet to replace them ...

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ommando4Man
over a year ago

South Co. Dublin

Nope...they’re still very much in

By *ouple 0073Couple
over a year ago

donegal

Only ever last a certain amount of time time.. In our experience anyway x

By *ast_jjMan
over a year ago

Dublin and London

"Only ever last a certain amount of time time.. In our experience anyway x"
Same here. That has been my experience.

By *ocketman99Man
over a year ago

fermanagh

It depends on the participants and what people are and can get out of the group! They are a better way to chat to people and gauge what they are like because fab messaging people have time to sit and craft a message which might not be reflective of their true selves. In a group you can judge better by their chats with you and others...

As for something else, we’ll chat groups can lead to arrangement of socials and who know what else but that depends on those within the group and whether they wanta take that step or two!

Oh and now with this isolation thing Zoom has proven to be very popular, there’s a crazy idea for the brave

By *1shadesofnaughtyMan
over a year ago

South Limerick

Definitely in..... for now

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Definitely out for us

By *rmrspumpCouple
over a year ago

narnia

Out.. We've been in a few and find them to be invariably dominated by a small group individuals who apparantly have a lot of time on their hands.. Comments from others very quickly get lost and they get very boring..

By *he SophisticatsCouple
over a year ago

Casa Del Fun

"Out.. We've been in a few and find them to be invariably dominated by a small group individuals who apparantly have a lot of time on their hands.. Comments from others very quickly get lost and they get very boring.. "

This ^^^ 100%

over a year ago

" Just wondering if chat groups a thing off the past ...maybe something new out there we havent heard about yet to replace them ..."

Chat groups sometimes can be great fun and company with free flowing banter in a relaxed uninhibited way due to anonymity. You can never know invisible people where face to face meet gives you a sense of a person

over a year ago

Always fizzle out quickly ... made a few good friends from them myself that said

By *unnitoesWoman
over a year ago

Belfast

" Just wondering if chat groups a thing off the past ...maybe something new out there we havent heard about yet to replace them ..."

Such groups can be good chat and banter but overshadowded by dick/pussy/ tit pix, wanking videos ( both male and female) and folks private messaging for meets.. .so I'm out

By *ocketman99Man
over a year ago

fermanagh

" Just wondering if chat groups a thing off the past ...maybe something new out there we havent heard about yet to replace them ...

Such groups can be good chat and banter but overshadowded by dick/pussy/ tit pix, wanking videos ( both male and female) and folks private messaging for meets.. .so I'm out "

In order to prevent those images a moderator can kick them out if they deem that behaviour inappropriate. (And i think it is)

By *enchtouristCouple
over a year ago

Armagh

Any we've joined as quickly just turned into certain ones just trying to get off on any single women that join and then fizzle out fairly quickly after that

over a year ago

Was in one before and tbh l left after a very short while .. within a week ...just wasn't my scene ..

over a year ago

Have tried them and unless you’ve all day to spend reading and replying there’s no point, lads all vying for the attention of the women and if you don’t txt for a few hours your accused of being a lurker or pic collector etc

By *oghunter33Woman
over a year ago

on the hill NordWest of

I was once in a chat group with 3 other people. I couldn't cope. never tried it again, besides I don't see the point of it

By *ailburkeMan
over a year ago

near you

They are what they say on the tin ,a talking shop.im out

over a year ago

"Out.. We've been in a few and find them to be invariably dominated by a small group individuals who apparantly have a lot of time on their hands.. Comments from others very quickly get lost and they get very boring.. "

The same with the Irish chatrooms very:

"did you see the weather?"

"Yes I saw the weather, it's fierce mild"

By *rmrspumpCouple
over a year ago

narnia

They only value we see in these is in the run up to a specific event to get to know the other attendees..

By *adylaceWoman
over a year ago

Waterford City

"They only value we see in these is in the run up to a specific event to get to know the other attendees.. "

Agreed. I have joined other chat groups but I lose interest very quickly cos they nearly all get taken over by a very small number of people.

So i now just join in with ones leading up to events to get a feel for who's going and who I might like to get to know better.

By *lurrynfee OP   Couple
over a year ago

donegal

We have a great wee group from last sep going and have had 3 great social meetings and another in the planning for end off this yr with all social distancing in line with the advice given .. some come some go but sure that the same in all groups ... it's what you make off it yourself ...

over a year ago

It can be very easy for domineering types And cliques to develop within chat groups. As some people just LOVE the attention.

That said I’ve had some really nice meets through chat groups. They can give you a chance to get to know someone a little better/ quicker than messaging on Fab, I find.

Good admin and moderator are vital to minimise any bullying etc.

I’ve see. A few implode over screenshots being taken of conversations, so be careful of what you say and share on them.

By *adforit1304Man
over a year ago

Limerick/Clare

Joined a few, some are fun, get to meet great people others can turn nasty and who needs that. On the plus always up for some fun

By *ocogreyTV/TS
over a year ago

secret

Yeah not big fan of it. Especially on Kik. Group chat than all the people message u privately. I just ignore private messages if they from group chat. Unless I know or chatted with them privately before

By *winger212Woman
over a year ago

Live in spain

I'm looking for women to join an Irish kik chat group. We've enough men

over a year ago

"I'm looking for women to join an Irish kik chat group. We've enough men"

That does appear to be an issue with a number of chat group = complete cockfest!!

over a year ago

Im in a group now.. The banters good & ive made some awesome friends from it xx

By *romsgrove1Man
over a year ago

bromsgrove

Love to find one with a group of people who are fun and trustworthy.

By *onderMaleMan
over a year ago

Dublin

In theory, they sound great but practically not so much. The moderators have power and power corrupts.

By *ilthyNightsCouple
over a year ago

East / North, Cork

I can't really see the point of these unless it's building up to an event and even then we usually don't bother. If you fancy someone then it's much easier to tell from meeting in person. You could easily make a mistake chatting someone up and find there is zero attraction in real life.

over a year ago

Been looking for a chat group for ages but am unable to find them . Definitely agree tho they should lead to a meet or something once trust etc in the group is built

Post new Message to Thread