Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Ireland

Long profiles

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

What is the point of them, who actually reads all that rubbish.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *rmrs1234Couple
over a year ago

Waterford

people can do whatever they want with their profiles. If reading them is too much for you then pass them by. Nothing to rant about

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

No one is forcing you to read them so crack on with the profiles that do interest you and dont fret about the ones that don't

over a year ago

It's my vagina so I can put whatever I like on my profile

over a year ago

Ours is likely classed as long but then there's two of us and between solo, ffm, mfm and mfmf there's a few combinations to cover off in it off what we're wanting. Do people always read it, clearly not but when they don't it's pretty obvs

By *ealitybitesMan
over a year ago

Belfast

One man's rubbish is another woman's wank fodder.

By *rotic desiresWoman
over a year ago

Here and there

"What is the point of them, who actually reads all that rubbish. "

OP...when I am emailed by anyone here (as a single lady looking for men, where the ratio is well in my favour and I have choices, choices, choices!!!), the first thing I do is to not actually read the message sent initially, but I click into the profile first to read about the sender! The profile gives me a first impression, which, dare I say, is usually one of the most important ones, especially if you really care to make contact for a connection with the ladies here, who are quite obviously very much in the minority, to your detriment in my opinion.

In the profile I look at the text where you introduce yourself, the quality of the pics, the interests you have displayed, your stats, as some of these will give me an idea whether I am interested in the first place! If the profile doesn't show a certain caliber, effort, originality and possibly some humour - and your subsequent message is a copy and paste or an uninventive hiya, or rude and obnoxious and doesn't curtail in the slightest to my profile content, you can be pretty much guaranteed that I will delete said message!!! I may be courteous enough to send a reply of no interest, if the message is polite.

To sum it up OP, I put time and effort into my profile to introduce myself. I have had profile texts of varying lengths, some with more, some with less information. Only those reading my profile get a chance to chat with me! Because it comes across in your message whether it has been read or not! My profile says a lot about me, if you care to look and read, and read inbetween the lines/pics too...a profile may give you an idea about who the person you are targeting is and what their interest are, whether they are in line with yours or not. I expect the same effort from anyone who would like to chat and possibly meet with me. Because let's face it, I have many "applicants"; and it takes a lot of time and effort on my behalf to establish a connection...getting to know you through chat and possibly an exchange of pics, moving chat to a different platform, setting up a social date where I make every effort to be presentable, made up and pretty, more so than on a usual working day (this generally takes a lady a little more time than most men!); and for a possible subsequent meet where I put even more time and effort into being whoolly cleaned inside and out, in order to be able to give my mind and body into what I'm hoping to be an explosive and memorable experience for both or all involved!

And quite frankly, if you can't be arsed putting effort and time into writing a few original lines here with some fun pics on your profile, never mind that you won't even read a lengthy profile with a pile of "rubbish" on it...well, best of luck is all I say to you!

Let's see if you even read the replies on your thread!

I wish you all the best in your hunt!

By *ateniteCouple
over a year ago

Youghal

"What is the point of them, who actually reads all that rubbish.

OP...when I am emailed by anyone here (as a single lady looking for men, where the ratio is well in my favour and I have choices, choices, choices!!!), the first thing I do is to not actually read the message sent initially, but I click into the profile first to read about the sender! The profile gives me a first impression, which, dare I say, is usually one of the most important ones, especially if you really care to make contact for a connection with the ladies here, who are quite obviously very much in the minority, to your detriment in my opinion.

In the profile I look at the text where you introduce yourself, the quality of the pics, the interests you have displayed, your stats, as some of these will give me an idea whether I am interested in the first place! If the profile doesn't show a certain caliber, effort, originality and possibly some humour - and your subsequent message is a copy and paste or an uninventive hiya, or rude and obnoxious and doesn't curtail in the slightest to my profile content, you can be pretty much guaranteed that I will delete said message!!! I may be courteous enough to send a reply of no interest, if the message is polite.

To sum it up OP, I put time and effort into my profile to introduce myself. I have had profile texts of varying lengths, some with more, some with less information. Only those reading my profile get a chance to chat with me! Because it comes across in your message whether it has been read or not! My profile says a lot about me, if you care to look and read, and read inbetween the lines/pics too...a profile may give you an idea about who the person you are targeting is and what their interest are, whether they are in line with yours or not. I expect the same effort from anyone who would like to chat and possibly meet with me. Because let's face it, I have many "applicants"; and it takes a lot of time and effort on my behalf to establish a connection...getting to know you through chat and possibly an exchange of pics, moving chat to a different platform, setting up a social date where I make every effort to be presentable, made up and pretty, more so than on a usual working day (this generally takes a lady a little more time than most men!); and for a possible subsequent meet where I put even more time and effort into being whoolly cleaned inside and out, in order to be able to give my mind and body into what I'm hoping to be an explosive and memorable experience for both or all involved!

And quite frankly, if you can't be arsed putting effort and time into writing a few original lines here with some fun pics on your profile, never mind that you won't even read a lengthy profile with a pile of "rubbish" on it...well, best of luck is all I say to you!

I wish you all the best in your hunt! "

Great post lol

By *ateniteCouple
over a year ago

Youghal

"It's my vagina so I can put whatever I like on my profile "

By *ealitybitesMan
over a year ago

Belfast

Great post lol "

And long....

By *rotic desiresWoman
over a year ago

Here and there

" Great post lol "

Thanks, I'm pretty sure that most ladies and couples feel the same, considering their minority...but then, who am I to know

By *rotic desiresWoman
over a year ago

Here and there

"Great post lol

And long.... "

Yeah, like my profile

By *ealitybitesMan
over a year ago

Belfast

"Great post lol

And long....

Yeah, like my profile "

The only time a woman tries to convince you her profile is longer than it actually is

By *rotic desiresWoman
over a year ago

Here and there

"Great post lol

And long....

Yeah, like my profile

The only time a woman tries to convince you her profile is longer than it actually is "

Lol, yeah, try and get to know me - I have a loooong profile

By *oreThanOnceMan
over a year ago

Dublin

Absolutely brilliant post and sound advice, but so far away from the Fab "reality".

I can't actually remember how many of my meets were decided on how great my profile and Fab "stats" are, but what I know for a fact is that the body pics and most importantly the face pics decided 99% if the chat went beyond the initial first reply, don't mind a potential meet.

But the Fab reality, shouldn't stop anyone from putting effort in writing a nice profile, short or long, at the end of the day Fab it's us, the users.

over a year ago

Love this can it be pinned to the top of the forums!

By *oreThanOnceMan
over a year ago

Dublin

Love this can it be pinned to the top of the forums! "

It could be pinned, but who would read it !?

By *oghunter33Woman
over a year ago

on the hill NordWest of

I think there's too short and too long. It's bit like dragon's den, the art of getting your sales pitch together with your main points in a positive manner.

over a year ago

Love this can it be pinned to the top of the forums!

It could be pinned, but who would read it !?"

Maybe the men who genuinely want to know about the lifestyle not the wanna fuck brigade.

By *m_impact_playMan
over a year ago

Dublin

"I think there's too short and too long. It's bit like dragon's den, the art of getting your sales pitch together with your main points in a positive manner. "

You've hit the nail in the head again D, you must be very handy with the use of the "hammer"!?

By *ustBoWoman
over a year ago

Somewhere in Co. Down

I agree. Great post. And first thing I do before I answer a new message is look at a profile.I read the profile text then I look at pics they have up. Profiles with no text or virtually nothing I don't even look at pics. Don't see the point if they don't give even an idea of what they are like.

If someone thinks my profile is too long that's their issue not mine.

By *rotic desiresWoman
over a year ago

Here and there

"

Absolutely brilliant post and sound advice, but so far away from the Fab "reality".

I can't actually remember how many of my meets were decided on how great my profile and Fab "stats" are, but what I know for a fact is that the body pics and most importantly the face pics decided 99% if the chat went beyond the initial first reply, don't mind a potential meet.

But the Fab reality, shouldn't stop anyone from putting effort in writing a nice profile, short or long, at the end of the day Fab it's us, the users."

Yes, you are right, absolutely far away from the "Fab reality"...and Fab is definitely us - the user! As a repeat profile, I can say that my meets were definitely based on the combination of the profile, chat and pics, rather than just the pic!!! I have met with men who would not usually have been my type! And that through my own personal hunting for "different" profiles! In my little perfect world every Fab user would have a more "informative" profile in order to make MY hunt easier too - because I do occasionally like to hunt, but lemme tell you...male Fab profiles are in such abundance and the text content more often than not tells me very little about the person behind it, which makes it way too time consuming for me to go ahunting! Hence I await my knight in shining armour by sifting through the masses of messages arriving in my inbox...and thats' where I find my potential chats and meets, by evaluating profiles, messages and pics...

So gents - sell yourselves! Make your pitch! And make it a good un...

By *ommando4Man
over a year ago

South Co. Dublin

"

But the Fab reality, shouldn't stop anyone from putting effort in writing a nice profile, short or long, at the end of the day Fab it's us, the users.

Yes, you are right, absolutely far away from the "Fab reality"...and Fab is definitely us - the user! As a repeat profile, I can say that my meets were definitely based on the combination of the profile, chat and pics, rather than just the pic!!! I have met with men who would not usually have been my type! And that through my own personal hunting for "different" profiles! In my little perfect world every Fab user would have a more "informative" profile in order to make MY hunt easier too - because I do occasionally like to hunt, but lemme tell you...male Fab profiles are in such abundance and the text content more often than not tells me very little about the person behind it, which makes it way too time consuming for me to go ahunting! Hence I await my knight in shining armour by sifting through the masses of messages arriving in my inbox...and thats' where I find my potential chats and meets, by evaluating profiles, messages and pics...

So gents - sell yourselves! Make your pitch! And make it a good un... "

I never charge for sex

By *rotic desiresWoman
over a year ago

Here and there

"

So gents - sell yourselves! Make your pitch! And make it a good un...

I never charge for sex "

Lol, you have me rolling on the floor There'd be even fewer men having sex if yis were all to start charging

By *rmrspumpCouple
over a year ago

narnia

If you can't be arsed putting effort into your profile then it says a lot about your attitude to the lifestyle..

By *1CorkCouple
over a year ago

Cork

Our profile is long but we’ve met people who sent a first message that showed they’ve read our profile and hopefully reading our profile has saved plenty of others the trouble of messaging us.

We’ve covered plenty of topics under headings which allows us to succinctly and politely direct those short messages to our profile for their answer rather constantly repeating the same explanation.

Personally we prefer to see information and personality in profiles we look at. Size matters!

over a year ago

Because the point of a profile is to introduce yourself and let people get an insight into what you like and what your interests are. If someone doesn't take a minute to read my profile, I don't bother replying to them.

over a year ago

Because the point of a profile is to introduce yourself and let people get an insight into what you like and what your interests are. If someone doesn't take a minute to read my profile, I don't bother replying to them."

Exactly, and conversely if someone's profile says sweet fuck all about them, we won't reply either.

over a year ago

Hmm..I take it from your reply there that you have no interest in meeting the OP so ??

By *rotic desiresWoman
over a year ago

Here and there

Hmm..I take it from your reply there that you have no interest in meeting the OP so ?? "

Highly unlikely I'd meet the OP, not looking for meets at this stage anyway lol...though I'd give most people a chance to redeem themselves, if he were to wish to discuss it further with me, I'd certainly have a conversation about it...we all make mistakes, we are all human and flawed as such, we all have opinions, they're like assholes, right lol, and sure talking with others and hearing other's views and experiences may just sometimes have a certain effect in the right direction, or not lol...

over a year ago

Hmm..I take it from your reply there that you have no interest in meeting the OP so ??

Highly unlikely I'd meet the OP, not looking for meets at this stage anyway lol...though I'd give most people a chance to redeem themselves, if he were to wish to discuss it further with me, I'd certainly have a conversation about it...we all make mistakes, we are all human and flawed as such, we all have opinions, they're like assholes, right lol, and sure talking with others and hearing other's views and experiences may just sometimes have a certain effect in the right direction, or not lol... "

You are safe enough, I'd never travel to Dublin

over a year ago

So it seems that you all think pics & a long profile somehow informs me enough about you. Call me old fashioned but an exchange of messages gives a far better indication of a personality. How many profiles are their were the text is taken from someone else's profile. I"m sure it has happened to some of you fine people. Anyway, i stick by my view. Long profiles are an instant no-no for me but i wish you all well.

over a year ago

Well thank you very much, i wish you well also. You probably will have concluded that i didn't read all your text, that is, not to insult, its just i'm too lazy to read it all. Its imporyant to be consistent

By *ealitybitesMan
over a year ago

Belfast

"So it seems that you all think pics & a long profile somehow informs me enough about you. Call me old fashioned but an exchange of messages gives a far better indication of a personality. How many profiles are their were the text is taken from someone else's profile. I"m sure it has happened to some of you fine people. Anyway, i stick by my view. Long profiles are an instant no-no for me but i wish you all well. "

So how do you decide who you are going to message? What determining factors are there that encourage you to start that exchange of messages?

Do you just bombard every blank profile with messages and hope that one or more respond?

over a year ago

"So it seems that you all think pics & a long profile somehow informs me enough about you. Call me old fashioned but an exchange of messages gives a far better indication of a personality. How many profiles are their were the text is taken from someone else's profile. I"m sure it has happened to some of you fine people. Anyway, i stick by my view. Long profiles are an instant no-no for me but i wish you all well.

So how do you decide who you are going to message? What determining factors are there that encourage you to start that exchange of messages?

Do you just bombard every blank profile with messages and hope that one or more respond? "

Actually i send very few messages in truth. I know what i am looking for, if i see it i will send a message & if i get a, reply great, if not i move on. Its pretty simple really

over a year ago

"So it seems that you all think pics & a long profile somehow informs me enough about you. Call me old fashioned but an exchange of messages gives a far better indication of a personality. How many profiles are their were the text is taken from someone else's profile. I"m sure it has happened to some of you fine people. Anyway, i stick by my view. Long profiles are an instant no-no for me but i wish you all well. "

You are safe enough, we'd never travel to Enniskillen

over a year ago

"So it seems that you all think pics & a long profile somehow informs me enough about you. Call me old fashioned but an exchange of messages gives a far better indication of a personality. How many profiles are their were the text is taken from someone else's profile. I"m sure it has happened to some of you fine people. Anyway, i stick by my view. Long profiles are an instant no-no for me but i wish you all well.

You are safe enough, we'd never travel to Enniskillen "

You are right, dodgy place

By *rotic desiresWoman
over a year ago

Here and there

Do you just bombard every blank profile with messages and hope that one or more respond?

Actually i send very few messages in truth. I know what i am looking for, if i see it i will send a message & if i get a, reply great, if not i move on. Its pretty simple really"

So you do read a profile and look at pics?! You just don't read a long profile, whatever long means, in your opinion...and they better not be based in Dublin, because that's a clear no no and not worth travelling to?

And where messaging is concerned, obviously that's the next step in finding out about someone's personality (lots of texting, lots of reading, by the way...are you up to that?), though I would suggest that not everyone who can text can actually communicate in person (you may not need it if you're lucky lol) and not everyone can text to depict their personality...but if you're really old-fashioned as you say, wouldn't you be going to your local pub and try your chat-up line there, in person rather than on this modern day virtual platform?

I have to apologise if I come across as rude or obnoxious or whatever impression you may have of me...I took a certain offense to "long profiles being rubbish to read", especially considering as I used to have a very detailed profile text where you would definitely have gotten a sense of who I am - my meets would confirm that my profile was me to the Tee, as much as you can whittle it down to a few paragraphs!!!

And there's way too much slating and judgement going on in these various threads...and with your comment I felt slated, hence the need to reply and defend myself, not that it interested you as such, if you didn't read my reply...

By *oghunter33Woman
over a year ago

on the hill NordWest of

Actually i send very few messages in truth. I know what i am looking for, if i see it i will send a message & if i get a, reply great, if not i move on. Its pretty simple really

So you do read a profile and look at pics?! You just don't read a long profile, whatever long means, in your opinion...and they better not be based in Dublin, because that's a clear no no and not worth travelling to?

And where messaging is concerned, obviously that's the next step in finding out about someone's personality (lots of texting, lots of reading, by the way...are you up to that?), though I would suggest that not everyone who can text can actually communicate in person (you may not need it if you're lucky lol) and not everyone can text to depict their personality...but if you're really old-fashioned as you say, wouldn't you be going to your local pub and try your chat-up line there, in person rather than on this modern day virtual platform?

I have to apologise if I come across as rude or obnoxious or whatever impression you may have of me...I took a certain offense to "long profiles being rubbish to read", especially considering as I used to have a very detailed profile text where you would definitely have gotten a sense of who I am - my meets would confirm that my profile was me to the Tee, as much as you can whittle it down to a few paragraphs!!!

And there's way too much slating and judgement going on in these various threads...and with your comment I felt slated, hence the need to reply and defend myself, not that it interested you as such, if you didn't read my reply...

"

I don't know why you take so much offence. We all have different approaches how we recruit our meets, there's no one set of rules. Same applies to how we display ourselves on a profile respectively how much a person is willing to draw from a profile.

By *hake that assWoman
over a year ago

Somewhere

Each up their own... long profiles attract some, short the opposite. Nothing works for everyone!

By *Sparkie.Man
over a year ago

Ratoath

From a guy, with a long profile, well long compared to a lot of others, I like to refer to it as a completed profile.

It gets across my humour, wit, personality and describes what I'm looking for.

You get out of something what you put into it, likewise with a personal message, I make it just that, a rather to the point message after reading the person's profile.

This is a virtual night club, you wouldn't walk up to a girl in a night club,whip your cock out and expect her to head home to bed with you, why do it here.

I like a long profile, others like a short profile, but the point is, its the individuals choice if either matter to them.

The OP should have approached this positively and instead asked which people prefer citing which he preferred and why.

By *rotic desiresWoman
over a year ago

Here and there

"From a guy, with a long profile, well long compared to a lot of others, I like to refer to it as a completed profile.

You get out of something what you put into it, likewise with a personal message, I make it just that, a rather to the point message after reading the person's profile.

This is a virtual night club, you wouldn't walk up to a girl in a night club,whip your cock out and expect her to head home to bed with you, why do it here.

I like a long profile, others like a short profile, but the point is, its the individuals choice if either matter to them.

The OP should have approached this positively and instead asked which people prefer citing which he preferred and why."

Thank you... exactly that last comment...it's the way the topic was approached that riled me so...

over a year ago

"From a guy, with a long profile, well long compared to a lot of others, I like to refer to it as a completed profile.

The OP should have approached this positively and instead asked which people prefer citing which he preferred and why."

Do you see a cock picture on my profile?

over a year ago

The OP should have approached this positively and instead asked which people prefer citing which he preferred and why.

Do you see a cock picture on my profile? "

You don't have to show your cock to behave like one

By *ealitybitesMan
over a year ago

Belfast

Actually i send very few messages in truth. I know what i am looking for, if i see it i will send a message & if i get a, reply great, if not i move on. Its pretty simple really"

Do you take the same approach in your messages as you do in your forum posts? Are they similar in tone and if so do you get many positive replies?

over a year ago

You don't have to show your cock to behave like one "

Arent you lovely with that remark, well done you. So if someone expresses an opinion you dont agree with they are a cock. Amazing

over a year ago

You don't have to show your cock to behave like one

Arent you lovely with that remark, well done you. So if someone expresses an opinion you dont agree with they are a cock. Amazing"

You're the one who called people's profiles "rubbish" for being long and detailed. Last time I checked gentlemen and decent people in general don't put others genuine effort down.

By *he SophisticatsCouple
over a year ago

Casa Del Fun

A profile is like a reflection of the user, we try to put a little humour into it, have something someone can pick up on and respond to.

We don’t like to see negativity on profiles but have recently understood why and had to add some don’t’s to ours thanks to the ‘passing by your location’, ‘wanna fuck’ the ‘wink’ and also the random ‘friend request’ brigade....

We just think it’s not too much to ask that someone puts a little effort into it. If a profile is blank or “will update later” then we pass them by.

By *rmrspumpCouple
over a year ago

narnia

Gotta love when someone starts a negative post and are then shocked when said post draws negative responses..

By *Sparkie.Man
over a year ago

Ratoath

Do you see a cock picture on my profile? "

The only reason I have displayed cock pics is some people base their decision to meet on its size or lack thereof, I do not act like one nor do I send them to anyone.

Not having click pics doesn't preclude you from being one.

over a year ago

The only reason I have displayed cock pics is some people base their decision to meet on its size or lack thereof, I do not act like one nor do I send them to anyone.

Not having click pics doesn't preclude you from being one."

You have a nice day,

By *osmicGateMan
over a year ago

louth

I agree with you..nobody wants to read a long winded profile of rules and stipulations..its an instant turn off..not sure how people like this can have nsa I mean would it not infringe on the list of rules they have on their profile

and then you have profiles with this rubbish Sydney university act that has no legal basis whatsoever..this is a red flag for me the ultimate Idiot filter if their was ever 1 but back on topic yes its best to keep things short and sweet nobody wants or has time to be reading an essay of stipulations

over a year ago

I agree with you..nobody wants to read a long winded profile of rules and stipulations..its an instant turn off..not sure how people like this can have nsa I mean would it not infringe on the list of rules they have on their profile

and then you have profiles with this rubbish Sydney university act that has no legal basis whatsoever..this is a red flag for me the ultimate Idiot filter if their was ever 1 but back on topic yes its best to keep things short and sweet nobody wants or has time to be reading an essay of stipulations "

Thank you, some sense at last. No doubt you will get slated & be called a cock like i have. Their was me thinkung this was a welcoming place

By *ustBoWoman
over a year ago

Somewhere in Co. Down

"

Thank you, some sense at last. No doubt you will get slated & be called a cock like i have. Their was me thinkung this was a welcoming place"

Just because someone agrees with you doesn't mean they are the only one talking sense and everyone else isn't . And while there is no need for name callingt that I do agree with posting so negatively and being so negative in a some of your replies to people you cannot then be claiming you're hard done by. The old saying you reap what you sow springs to mind.

over a year ago

"

Thank you, some sense at last. No doubt you will get slated & be called a cock like i have. Their was me thinkung this was a welcoming place

Just because someone agrees with you doesn't mean they are the only one talking sense and everyone else isn't . And while there is no need for name callingt that I do agree with posting so negatively and being so negative in a some of your replies to people you cannot then be claiming you're hard done by. The old saying you reap what you sow springs to mind. "

Yawn

By *ohng69Man
over a year ago

athenry

"

Just because someone agrees with you doesn't mean they are the only one talking sense and everyone else isn't . And while there is no need for name callingt that I do agree with posting so negatively and being so negative in a some of your replies to people you cannot then be claiming you're hard done by. The old saying you reap what you sow springs to mind. "

over a year ago

As stated earlier our profile is long but there are no rules, no stipulations, none of that stuff just what we're looking for. NSA to us does not mean any damp hole, we're slightly more picky.

May I ask what the purpose in this thread was? Is it just to find other guys who agree with you or are you looking for intelligent discourse?

over a year ago

"As stated earlier our profile is long but there are no rules, no stipulations, none of that stuff just what we're looking for. NSA to us does not mean any damp hole, we're slightly more picky.

May I ask what the purpose in this thread was? Is it just to find other guys who agree with you or are you looking for intelligent discourse? "

I was genuinely asking do people read long profiles. This has turned into a bit of a mess that im sorry i started.

over a year ago

"As stated earlier our profile is long but there are no rules, no stipulations, none of that stuff just what we're looking for. NSA to us does not mean any damp hole, we're slightly more picky.

May I ask what the purpose in this thread was? Is it just to find other guys who agree with you or are you looking for intelligent discourse?

I was genuinely asking do people read long profiles. This has turned into a bit of a mess that im sorry i started. "

Fair enough

Simple answer from us then, yes we do

By *rotic desiresWoman
over a year ago

Here and there

"I was genuinely asking do people read long profiles. This has turned into a bit of a mess that im sorry i started. "

If there was ever a redeeming comment, then this has to be it OP!

I'm sorry that we got off on the wrong foot here! My apologies in the tone I took in my reply!

I do read any and every profile from someone who messages me, no matter how short or long.

And I delete messages from people who clearly don't read mine!

By *he English OneMan
over a year ago

west

[Removed by poster at 13/07/20 17:11:49]

Post new Message to Thread