Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Ireland

Experts, aren't we lucky

Jump to newest

By *appytoads OP   Couple
over a year ago

West Dublin

We have experts on pretty much all topics on here. No need to buy an enclopedia or ask Google, the experts will reply to pretty much every topic, throwing in barbs at every opportunity. The little green arrow beside profile show how often people 'contribute educate or put down' others, try it out, some people can't resist. Rant over

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"We have experts on pretty much all topics on here. No need to buy an enclopedia or ask Google, the experts will reply to pretty much every topic, throwing in barbs at every opportunity. The little green arrow beside profile show how often people 'contribute educate or put down' others, try it out, some people can't resist. Rant over "

The green arrow is your friend. And private notes is a bonus too

over a year ago

"We have experts on pretty much all topics on here. No need to buy an enclopedia or ask Google, the experts will reply to pretty much every topic, throwing in barbs at every opportunity. The little green arrow beside profile show how often people 'contribute educate or put down' others, try it out, some people can't resist. Rant over

The green arrow is your friend. And private notes is a bonus too"

Sorry if it's a silly question but what's the green arrow about?

over a year ago

"We have experts on pretty much all topics on here. No need to buy an enclopedia or ask Google, the experts will reply to pretty much every topic, throwing in barbs at every opportunity. The little green arrow beside profile show how often people 'contribute educate or put down' others, try it out, some people can't resist. Rant over

Sorry if it's a silly question but what's the green arrow about?"

Click on it and shows the threads the person has started or commented on

over a year ago

Sorry if it's a silly question but what's the green arrow about?

Click on it and shows the threads the person has started or commented on "

Oh. Every day's a school day.

Thanks

By *ilthyNightsCouple
over a year ago

East / North, Cork

Unfortunately it doesn't highlight particular comments in any way.. and so the only way to see people's comments is to literally scroll through every thread they post in. That makes it difficult to see a good post history without taking more time than it's worth.

By *appytoads OP   Couple
over a year ago

West Dublin

Point made

over a year ago

You did ask

By *easingTimMan
over a year ago

Loughlinstown

"We have experts on pretty much all topics on here. No need to buy an enclopedia or ask Google, the experts will reply to pretty much every topic, throwing in barbs at every opportunity. The little green arrow beside profile show how often people 'contribute educate or put down' others, try it out, some people can't resist. Rant over "

----------------------

Okay, if you go through the ecletic mix of topics on the forum

and pick out a few such as...

- Investing in shares

- Buying or renting?

- Parenting

- Rehabilitation from injury

...and start asking (let's face it) strangers for advice, you'd want to be questioning your own sanity first and foremost

Seriously, as much as a lot of you are good craic and banter, there's no fooking way I'd be looking for investment advice, financing a property or how to rectify a torn linea alba of any of you....

To me, Forums and threads are for OPINIONS and not expert advice

over a year ago

----------------------

- Investing in shares

- Buying or renting?

- Parenting

...and start asking (let's face it) strangers for advice, you'd want to be questioning your own sanity first and foremost

Seriously, as much as a lot of you are good craic and banter, there's no fooking way I'd be looking for investment advice, financing a property or how to rectify a torn linea alba of any of you....

To me, Forums and threads are for OPINIONS and not expert advice "

I bought Bitcoin today

I think the forums should be a laugh and try to avoid the ranty threads, any threads I start it's usually to have a bit of fun and get people flirting.

By *easingTimMan
over a year ago

Loughlinstown

----------------------

- Investing in shares

- Buying or renting?

- Parenting

I bought Bitcoin today

I think the forums should be a laugh and try to avoid the ranty threads, any threads I start it's usually to have a bit of fun and get people flirting."

----------------

My dilemma earlier on was...

Will commenting on this thread put me in the category of one of those experts??

You are right about Fab being a laugh as I see Fab as just one big online night club where some people sit and look some are chatty and sociable while some come here (on the forums) to dance ..or at least express themselves in their own unique happy surly sarcastic bitchy or upbeat way

..it's just fun and a place to meet more people

By *ouple 0073Couple
over a year ago

donegal

over a year ago

----------------------

- Investing in shares

- Buying or renting?

- Parenting

I bought Bitcoin today

I think the forums should be a laugh and try to avoid the ranty threads, any threads I start it's usually to have a bit of fun and get people flirting.

----------------

You are right about Fab being a laugh as I see Fab as just one big online night club where some people sit and look some are chatty and sociable while some come here (on the forums) to dance ..or at least express themselves in their own unique happy surly sarcastic bitchy or upbeat way

..it's just fun and a place to meet more people "

I know the minute I posted too would be open to a barbed comment but feck it, if can't have a laugh here what's the point.

By *og-ManMan
over a year ago

somewhere

----------------------

- Investing in shares

- Buying or renting?

- Parenting

I bought Bitcoin today

----------------

..it's just fun and a place to meet more people

I know the minute I posted too would be open to a barbed comment but feck it, if can't have a laugh here what's the point. "

Nice way of putting it alright

over a year ago

Well I also hadn't a scooby about the arrow, I think I am safe though

By *j47Man
over a year ago

limerick

What's this about then

Opps

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 12/07/20 01:11:00]

over a year ago

those same people have ran some good genuine nice people off here. It's the same one's the same profiles and the same bollox and it's a shame that others left because of them!

By *og-ManMan
over a year ago

somewhere

"those same people have ran some good genuine nice people off here. It's the same one's the same profiles and the same bollox and it's a shame that others left because of them!"

People leave and rejoin here all the time

I'd imagine the forums is a tiny piece of fab and its not compulsory so how can it be said that people are being forced to leave

How can anyone tell why someone left unless they announce it in the forums

over a year ago

"those same people have ran some good genuine nice people off here. It's the same one's the same profiles and the same bollox and it's a shame that others left because of them!

People leave and rejoin here all the time

I'd imagine the forums is a tiny piece of fab and its not compulsory so how can it be said that people are being forced to leave

How can anyone tell why someone left unless they announce it in the forums

"

because some that left I know told me outside of here. And also some have actually posted a thread too say why they left. Sure I'm on and off here the past 10 years so I know and get the leaving an rejoining system.

over a year ago

Would say jack of all trades but most certainly master of none.

By *sGivesWoodWoman
over a year ago

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

The green arrow is your friend. And private notes is a bonus too"

By *ofusplusCouple
over a year ago

Limerick

"Sorry if it's a silly question but what's the green arrow about?

Click on it and shows the threads the person has started or commented on "

Only just discovered that, very handy, thank you

By *ustBoWoman
over a year ago

Somewhere in Co. Down

I'm just posting a comment I made on a similar thread because I'm too lazy to write it all again. But it's pretty relevant to this one as well.

Then we have the profiles that seem to be on here just to stir up yet again. Green arrow really does work wonders.

I find it quite amazing that adults have to act like children. If you don't like what someone says ignore it. If you really feel the need to answer then act responsibly.

Don't act the victim when actually being quite rude and throwing digs yourself it only makes your point mute.

If you want people to actually get to know you on here post on threads don't just lurk and then post saying how no one interacts with you when the last time you posted was months ago. That happens all the time on here. Yet again the green arrow shows it all.

Everyones posts and threads get ignored at some point on here it's just what happens it usually nothing personal.

Anyone new keep posting it sometimes takes a while for people to interact yet again it did for me. You don't walk into a room and expect everyone to chat straight away but keep posting on threads that interest you. It is how you let people get to know you.

Everyone gets crap at some stage on here. I know I definitely have anyhow. I usually just ignore it. Why let a random stranger opinion bother you it's not like you were going to meet them anyhow.

The forums are full of different people with different views and opinions. Some you will agree with some you won't just like all of fab and the rest of the world. There is no harm in debates on here and exchanging other views with out the need to get personal. Surely by now most of us are adult enough to understand that with out the need to troll and stir and throw sly digs all the time.

Most of all just enjoy the place if you're not then maybe take a break.

Ok that's enough of my ramblings it's Sunday I'm off work so I'm going to go out and enjoy this sunny day.

By *at3232Woman
over a year ago

Castlebar

"We have experts on pretty much all topics on here. No need to buy an enclopedia or ask Google, the experts will reply to pretty much every topic, throwing in barbs at every opportunity. The little green arrow beside profile show how often people 'contribute educate or put down' others, try it out, some people can't resist. Rant over Would say jack of all trades but most certainly master of none."

Well you would know

Post new Message to Thread