Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Ireland

Phone plans

Jump to newest

By *ontbesillywrapyourwilly OP   Man
over a year ago

Tipperary

If you're with eir or any phone company on pre pay, can u just switch to gomo without contacting eir. Basically buy a gomo sim, attach your number to it and enter it into your phone?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *og-ManMan
over a year ago

somewhere

"If you're with eir or any phone company on pre pay, can u just switch to gomo without contacting eir. Basically buy a gomo sim, attach your number to it and enter it into your phone?"

There's a few hoops to jump through first

Your phone has to be unlocked

You have to request gomo to move your old number onto your new sim

By *ontbesillywrapyourwilly OP   Man
over a year ago

Tipperary

"If you're with eir or any phone company on pre pay, can u just switch to gomo without contacting eir. Basically buy a gomo sim, attach your number to it and enter it into your phone?

You have to request gomo to move your old number onto your new sim "

ye I was on gomo. It asks for details and what date and time you want your number to work from but what I'm asking is when the gomo sim arrives and u pop it into phone, does your pre pay with eir or vodophone or whoever just stop?

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Yeah it just stops.

I went in to Vodafone shop once to switch from 085 to 087. The girl took my details, rang the phone number to ensure it was infact my mobile number, gave me the new SIM and told me it will become active within an hour.

It became active after 20 minutes. Old sim is useless then.

By *kcoupleCouple
over a year ago

"If you're with eir or any phone company on pre pay, can u just switch to gomo without contacting eir. Basically buy a gomo sim, attach your number to it and enter it into your phone?

You have to request gomo to move your old number onto your new sim ye I was on gomo. It asks for details and what date and time you want your number to work from but what I'm asking is when the gomo sim arrives and u pop it into phone, does your pre pay with eir or vodophone or whoever just stop?"

Unlocked both of our phones and switched to gomo. I was billpay so I had to give notification to Vodafone to finish up my contract. After unlocking her prepay phone I switched hers straight over but make sure you read and follow the instructions for porting your number if you wish to keep it the same. Gomo has little or no tech support.

Post new Message to Thread