Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Ireland

Jesus.

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

I've no positive interest in religion but why do people believe in the myth of a white Jesus ?

(closed, thread got too big)

Reply privately

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"I've no positive interest in religion but why do people believe in the myth of a white Jesus ?"
some people just believe what's fed to them

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I've no positive interest in religion but why do people believe in the myth of a white Jesus ?"

In times past people imagined him as he was portrayed by European artists on crosses and paintings. Nowadays I expect everyone accepts native men in Palestine 2000 years ago had a Semitic complexion.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Who is Jesus? If there is such thing in any religion. Why do we have so many problems on earth? Why is there so much hunger on the earth why is there racism on the earth. Not one person can answer those questions who believe there's a god and there's a Jesus. Hate to say it but when your dead your dead there is no proof that there is a jesus or a god. It's bull shit that was fed to us for generations. Your not born with a religion your forced! In some country's this same jesus is black or and tanned colour so how does that work?

Reply privately

over a year ago

A lot do have a positive interest and belief in religion.u have to respect people beliefs once they not forcing them on to you.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Unless the characters are explicitly described, why do two people, when reading a novel, picture the characters differently? Would it be because they 'fill in the blanks' based on what they see in the world around them?

In years gone by, pre TV/movies, and such a small internet enabled world, seeing people of other ethnicities was rare, so as he was not explicitly described people 'filed in the blanks' based on the people they saw around them. This included artists representations which then were seen seen masse.

Reply privately

By *lassy lady 216Woman
over a year ago

Craigavon

Exactly people should be allowes to believe what ever they choose and shouldnt be ridiculed for it some people get comfort from believing that there is a higher power especially in times of trouble the reason why there is so much poverty etc in thd world is through greed and power we were all given the power of free will we make the choices and decisions that we do noone else

Reply privately

By *cottybear74Man
over a year ago

kilkenny

Each to their own,I personally do not believe.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Coming from the north, I believe that organised religions are the problem. I have a faith (of sorts) but don’t believe in any church. I was raised Catholic and still to this day the old guilt kicks in every now and then.

As a side issue, some of the comments I see ppl make about those that have a faith can be quite harsh. Each to their own. If someone wants to eat alter rails every day then fire away. Personally I’d much prefer to eat pussy

Reply privately

By *rmrspumpCouple
over a year ago

narnia

"I've no positive interest in religion but why do people believe in the myth of a white Jesus ?

A lot do have a positive interest and belief in religion.u have to respect people beliefs once they not forcing them on to you."

You have to respect that people are entitled to believe what they like, but you do not have to respect what they believe

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I've no positive interest in religion but why do people believe in the myth of a white Jesus ?

A lot do have a positive interest and belief in religion.u have to respect people beliefs once they not forcing them on to you.

You have to respect that people are entitled to believe what they like, but you do not have to respect what they believe "

Perhaps written wrong or taking up wrong.not saying that non religious has to respect the religious peoples beliefs.im just saying that because a non religious person believes there is no such person as jesus dosent mean there isnt..some believe some dont.

Reply privately

By *osmicGateMan
over a year ago

louth

Jesus was from the middle east..mid east people and indeed North Africans are classed as Caucasians just like Europeans so yes Jesus was white..

Reply privately

over a year ago

He was the world's first Superhero

Reply privately

over a year ago

Christianity was written down in the 4th century and male dominated replacements for the trinity and other pagan based holidays were agreed on including the image of the Christ by mainly roman white scolars . At the time most people of judea were under rule and openly sold as slaves . There fore they could hardly base a whole religion around someone they couldn’t look at as a saviour of man so they lied about his image . That’s if he ever existed to start with !

Reply privately

over a year ago

I'm jot religious but knowing people who are tbh Jesus's appearance seems to just a representation to them.

I dont think the actively think about his skin color when attending Mass or praying.

It seems to be more of an issue for people who are looking to pick holes at their belief

Reply privately

By *P_80Man
over a year ago

Waterford

No issue with anyone's beliefs, but I've always pondered:

Let's say it's true, why would anyone think that God is the good guy?

He created us to worship him and if we question him we get to burn for eternity.

An estimated 24,000,000 deaths attributed to God in the Bible, 6 deaths attributed to Satan, of which God gave him permission to kill just so he could win a bet.

If God was here today running a country we'd be all in agreement that he is evil.

All Lucifer wanted was to liberate us from his tyranny.

Boggles the mind.

Reply privately

By *uriousVoyeurMan
over a year ago

Northside

"No issue with anyone's beliefs, but I've always pondered:

Let's say it's true, why would anyone think that God is the good guy?

He created us to worship him and if we question him we get to burn for eternity.

An estimated 24,000,000 deaths attributed to God in the Bible, 6 deaths attributed to Satan, of which God gave him permission to kill just so he could win a bet.

If God was here today running a country we'd be all in agreement that he is evil.

All Lucifer wanted was to liberate us from his tyranny.

Boggles the mind."

That's a take on it I haven't heard before!! And if your figures are correct your point makes sense ( I haven't read the Bible ). I'm not a believer though and would never knock those that get comfort from something I dont. But... I never understood why people speak about the Fear of God... surely if God is good you wouldn't fear him?? Anyways,each to their own!!!!

Reply privately

By *ouple 0073Couple
over a year ago

donegal

Jesus Mary and Joseph.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Jesus Mary and Joseph. "

The trifecta

Reply privately

By *ouple 0073Couple
over a year ago

donegal

"Jesus Mary and Joseph.

The trifecta "

Amen

Reply privately

By *uriousVoyeurMan
over a year ago

Northside

Spectacles,testicles,wallet and watch!!

Reply privately

over a year ago

In this day and age, if you're gullible enough to still believe in any of that Bronze Aged mythology supernatural nonsense, then I dont think the colour of his skin will make a difference.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Spectacles,testicles,wallet and watch!! "

Nuns on the run!!!!

Reply privately

By *uriousVoyeurMan
over a year ago

Northside

"Spectacles,testicles,wallet and watch!!

Nuns on the run!!!!"

Robbie Coltrane at his finest

Reply privately

By *ustBoWoman
over a year ago

Somewhere in Co. Down

Does it really matter. I'm not religious but I know that peoples faith gives them a lot of peace of mind of especially when things are tough. I would never belittle peoples belief in relgion or whatever their belief is.

As long as no one is trying to force their beliefs on me then my motto is live and let live.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Jesus Mary and Joseph.

The trifecta Amen "

Eamon

Reply privately

over a year ago

Poor aul Joseph got a raw deal......

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Jesus Mary and Joseph.

Poor aul Joseph got a raw deal...... "

Maybe he was into being cuckolded

Reply privately

By *og-ManMan
over a year ago

somewhere

"Jesus Mary and Joseph.

Poor aul Joseph got a raw deal......

Maybe he was into being cuckolded"

Maybe Mary was in to the Breeding

Reply privately

By *heekyChap93Man
over a year ago

What should he be a black transgender who identifies as an armchair.

As you said you've no interest why make this thread?

Reply privately

By *aid backMan
over a year ago

by a lake with my rod out

"Jesus Mary and Joseph.

The trifecta "

What about the holy ghost ?

Reply privately

By *aid backMan
over a year ago

Everyone is entitled to their beliefs except Scientologist they are wrong

Reply privately

By *ouple 0073Couple
over a year ago

donegal

"Jesus Mary and Joseph.

The trifecta Amen

Eamon "

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Jesus Mary and Joseph.

The trifecta

What about the holy ghost ?"

Ah here! Now we're talking mad stuff altogether

Call the Ghostbusters

Reply privately

By *ouple 0073Couple
over a year ago

donegal

"Jesus Mary and Joseph.

The trifecta

What about the holy ghost ?"

and the little donkey

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Jesus Mary and Joseph.

The trifecta

What about the holy ghost ?and the little donkey "

And Shrek

Reply privately

By *og-ManMan
over a year ago

somewhere

"Jesus Mary and Joseph.

The trifecta

What about the holy ghost ?and the little donkey

And Shrek "

You called

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Jesus Mary and Joseph.

The trifecta

And Shrek

You called "

Grab your ass Jebus needs ya

Reply privately

By *og-ManMan
over a year ago

somewhere

"Jesus Mary and Joseph.

The trifecta

And Shrek

You called

Grab your ass Jebus needs ya "

Can I bring my little Lamb of God

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Jesus Mary and Joseph.

The trifecta

And Shrek

You called

Grab your ass Jebus needs ya

Can I bring my little Lamb of God "

Bogman! For fuck sake, can you not leave the sheep alone for one minute!

Reply privately

over a year ago

Religions are like ships. Their passengers mostly all have a few core beliefs and moral values in common. Nobody either on those ships or in their individual canoes know for sure whether their take on the mystery of life is the most accurate or not.

Regardless everyone is going in the same direction and the journey would be a lot more enjoyable if a minority of hecklers were not so intent on mocking others about their mode of transport.

Reply privately

By *orge71Man
over a year ago

Glasgow

Jesus Mary and the wee donkey

Reply privately

over a year ago

In fairness to him he's getting alot more game time now Kun is out

Reply privately

By *og-ManMan
over a year ago

somewhere

"In fairness to him he's getting alot more game time now Kun is out "

Still on no ones FF team

Reply privately

over a year ago

"In fairness to him he's getting alot more game time now Kun is out

Still on no ones FF team "

You don't get bonus points for loaves and fishes

Reply privately

over a year ago

I think it's gas how many people have missed the point of the thread . Belief systems as a conversation if they are worth respecting is another much more nuanced topic.

The reason I ask why do people believe in a white Jesus (regardless of accuracy of historicity) is that for the story to succeed in western culture as it has done in so many places requires the figurehead to be white . Do you think staunch evangelical Americans or devout Catholics here in Ireland who the more religious they are often tend to take a more racially biased view of things . Would they worship a black Jesus ? I doubt they would to the same degree . I see white Jesus as a sales pitch and to be honest part of the attraction of anyone with a racial supremacist & religious mindset is that the "superior" one was also white .

Was there a preacher thousands of years ago named Jesus ? Possibly but the bible is the has some stories in it that are so far fetched you wouldn't hear it if Harry Potter was on acid .

Beliefs in my eyes don't have to be respected . They should be challenged be it political/religious etc . If your beliefs are so fragile they can't be questioned then it says enough that they don't stand on their own merit .

If someone believed there should be no age of consent or kids should be forced marry adults or that black people were worth less than white people and those beliefs impact on culture and policy in the political domain then yes.. they should he challeneged. Should people without belief in the supernatural be put to death as is still legal in certain cpuntries ? Should that belief be respected ? Should the belief that comes from the bible that gays are sinners and should be killed ? Should that belief be respected ?

Society can only grow as we are willing to challenge our own beliefs and those of others.

Reply privately

over a year ago

".... Beliefs in my eyes don't have to be respected . They should be challenged be it political/religious etc ... "

I 100% agree with that point. I think its nonsense that that you should respect someones beliefs just because they are religious beliefs. If someone told me that they believed in the man in the moon I wouldnt respect it and I'd think they are an idiot. Despite the fact that it is actually possible for a man to be living on the moon, and it doesnt break any laws of physics.

I honestly couldn't respect someone who tells me they believe in god, and heaven, and souls, and all that stuff when there has never been any evidence to point to their existence, and they disagree with all our laws of physics.

To me, its just absurd that people continue believe in this stuff.

Reply privately

By *ohng69Man
over a year ago

athenry

".... Beliefs in my eyes don't have to be respected . They should be challenged be it political/religious etc ...

I 100% agree with that point. I think its nonsense that that you should respect someones beliefs just because they are religious beliefs. If someone told me that they believed in the man in the moon I wouldnt respect it and I'd think they are an idiot. Despite the fact that it is actually possible for a man to be living on the moon, and it doesnt break any laws of physics.

I honestly couldn't respect someone who tells me they believe in god, and heaven, and souls, and all that stuff when there has never been any evidence to point to their existence, and they disagree with all our laws of physics.

"

So if I believe in the man on the moon I should think of you as an idiot for believing there's no man there?

Reply privately

over a year ago

".... Beliefs in my eyes don't have to be respected . They should be challenged be it political/religious etc ...

So if I believe in the man on the moon I should think of you as an idiot for believing there's no man there?"

To quote Carl Sagan "extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence".

Reply privately

over a year ago

Relgion is like santa, Easter bunny etc for adults who need something to believe in, you can still respect their need to believe even if we dont believe

Reply privately

By *rmrspumpCouple
over a year ago

narnia

[Removed by poster at 09/07/20 17:55:25]

Reply privately

By *rmrspumpCouple
over a year ago

narnia

There is no reference to the jesus character in any contemporaneous historical texts until 70-80ad. Given that the average lifespan at the time was about 45, no one that was alive at the time he was supposed to be knocking around had anything to do with weighting about him.. Let that sink in

Reply privately

By *rmrspumpCouple
over a year ago

narnia

"Everyone is entitled to their beliefs except Scientologist they are wrong "

There's nothing in scientology that's anymore fucking boogaloo than what Christians believe

Reply privately

over a year ago

So if I believe in the man on the moon I should think of you as an idiot for believing there's no man there?"

Well you could if you want to, but it doesnt change the fact that there is noone living on the moon, and your beliefs are still wrong. Plus you came to your extremely improbable conclusion with zero evidence, but only because you really really like to believe that someone lives there.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Everyone is entitled to their beliefs except Scientologist they are wrong

There's nothing in scientology that's anymore fucking boogaloo than what Christians believe "

Honestly the main reason people discredit scientologirs teachings is because they believe in spaceships and aliens. However we have actually sent space crafts to other planets ourselves, and have travelled through space! This is something that is actually possible and we have done it! If anything, the probability that the teachings of Scientology are true is more likely than any Christian based religion.

Reply privately

By *imis3Woman
over a year ago

Dublin

Wow

It's amazing how few respectful

and tolerant posts there are on this thread. Lots of anger, lots of venom , lots of fear and a lot of negative people to avoid

Reply privately

By *og-ManMan
over a year ago

somewhere

"Wow

and tolerant posts there are on this thread. Lots of anger, lots of venom , lots of fear and a lot of negative people to avoid "

In fairness you're in a different country so probably going to avoid everyone on this thread anyway.

If you lived in Ireland you'd understand the hatred that a lot of people have for religion over here

Reply privately

over a year ago

Jesus came across marajuana and psychedelics hence the wild thoughts and visions

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Wow

and tolerant posts there are on this thread. Lots of anger, lots of venom , lots of fear and a lot of negative people to avoid "

Some people tend to have issues with organisations that protect kiddy fiddlers. Also who sell babies or throw the dead ones in septic tanks... the organisation that destroyed countless lives. Odd isn't it how people don't take to that , even worse is the people who continue to support a depraved organisation.

Reply privately

By *imis3Woman
over a year ago

Dublin

"Wow

and tolerant posts there are on this thread. Lots of anger, lots of venom , lots of fear and a lot of negative people to avoid

In fairness you're in a different country so probably going to avoid everyone on this thread anyway.

If you lived in Ireland you'd understand the hatred that a lot of people have for religion over here "

I visit Ireland a lot and used to live there. I get why religious institutions and their hierarchies are loathed but mocking and belittling all peoples of all religious faiths ??? That's just cynical and malicious I reckon.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Sure don't you know, aren't all Religion's only a massive argument about who's got the best imaginary friend!!

Reply privately

By *rmrspumpCouple
over a year ago

narnia

[Removed by poster at 09/07/20 20:51:12]

Reply privately

By *rmrspumpCouple
over a year ago

narnia

"Wow

If you lived in Ireland you'd understand the hatred that a lot of people have for religion over here

I visit Ireland a lot and used to live there. I get why religious institutions and their hierarchies are loathed but mocking and belittling all peoples of all religious faiths ??? That's just cynical and malicious I reckon."

You're entitled to your view, as are we, if you don't share or like our view feel free to block and move along, as will we.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Wow

I visit Ireland a lot and used to live there. I get why religious institutions and their hierarchies are loathed but mocking and belittling all peoples of all religious faiths ??? That's just cynical and malicious I reckon."

There has been thousands of gods. The want to believe does not something true or noble . Largely it is a geographical accident of birth what people believe in. It has no relationship to the pursuit of truth just the willingess to remain caged in belief systems that fall like a deck of cards with objective critical thinking skills

Christopher Hitchens said it best " Faith is the surrender of the mind, it's the surrender of reason, it's the surrender of the only thing that makes us different from other animals. It's our need to believe and to surrender our skepticism and our reason, our yearning to discard that and put all our trust or faith in someone or something, that is the sinister thing to me. ... Out of all the virtues, all the supposed virtues, faith must be the most overrated"

Reply privately

By *og-ManMan
over a year ago

somewhere

"Wow

It's fairer to mock all religions and not just one if you think that its all a fantasy anyway

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I think it's gas how many people have missed the point of the thread . Belief systems as a conversation if they are worth respecting is another much more nuanced topic.

The reason I ask why do people believe in a white Jesus (regardless of accuracy of historicity) is that for the story to succeed in western culture as it has done in so many places requires the figurehead to be white . Do you think staunch evangelical Americans or devout Catholics here in Ireland who the more religious they are often tend to take a more racially biased view of things . Would they worship a black Jesus ? I doubt they would to the same degree . I see white Jesus as a sales pitch and to be honest part of the attraction of anyone with a racial supremacist & religious mindset is that the "superior" one was also white .

Was there a preacher thousands of years ago named Jesus ? Possibly but the bible is the has some stories in it that are so far fetched you wouldn't hear it if Harry Potter was on acid .

Beliefs in my eyes don't have to be respected . They should be challenged be it political/religious etc . If your beliefs are so fragile they can't be questioned then it says enough that they don't stand on their own merit .

If someone believed there should be no age of consent or kids should be forced marry adults or that black people were worth less than white people and those beliefs impact on culture and policy in the political domain then yes.. they should he challeneged. Should people without belief in the supernatural be put to death as is still legal in certain cpuntries ? Should that belief be respected ? Should the belief that comes from the bible that gays are sinners and should be killed ? Should that belief be respected ?

Society can only grow as we are willing to challenge our own beliefs and those of others. "

I answered your question directly and without judgment of others belief systems, can't say you managed to do the same, gas innit?

Reply privately

By *adrarfjordr VoyeurMan
over a year ago

Waterford

"Who is Jesus? If there is such thing in any religion. Why do we have so many problems on earth? Why is there so much hunger on the earth why is there racism on the earth. Not one person can answer those questions who believe there's a god and there's a Jesus. Hate to say it but when your dead your dead there is no proof that there is a jesus or a god. It's bull shit that was fed to us for generations. Your not born with a religion your forced! In some country's this same jesus is black or and tanned colour so how does that work? "

You can debate God according to your preferences but Jesus was a historical figure.

Reply privately

By *he English OneMan
over a year ago

west

"Who is Jesus? If there is such thing in any religion. Why do we have so many problems on earth? Why is there so much hunger on the earth why is there racism on the earth. Not one person can answer those questions who believe there's a god and there's a Jesus. Hate to say it but when your dead your dead there is no proof that there is a jesus or a god. It's bull shit that was fed to us for generations. Your not born with a religion your forced! In some country's this same jesus is black or and tanned colour so how does that work? "

I don't believe the Jesus stuff or the Adam and eve crap but the god part is something to really think about the fact we are supposed to have evolved from apes what a load of bullshit now think about it where the hell did the apes come from back in the age of the dinosaurs when they got wiped out the only thing that survived was no smaller than a rabbit or something that can live and survive underground so that scratches the ape part out yes they are very like us but so is say a tiger and a ginger cat my point is something put us here whether you call that God but its not the god that listens to your prayers its the alien type of god thats gone on the missing list il take more questions oh and your welcome

Reply privately

By *rmrspumpCouple
over a year ago

narnia

"Who is Jesus? If there is such thing in any religion. Why do we have so many problems on earth? Why is there so much hunger on the earth why is there racism on the earth. Not one person can answer those questions who believe there's a god and there's a Jesus. Hate to say it but when your dead your dead there is no proof that there is a jesus or a god. It's bull shit that was fed to us for generations. Your not born with a religion your forced! In some country's this same jesus is black or and tanned colour so how does that work?

I don't believe the Jesus stuff or the Adam and eve crap but the god part is something to really think about the fact we are supposed to have evolved from apes what a load of bullshit now think about it where the hell did the apes come from back in the age of the dinosaurs when they got wiped out the only thing that survived was no smaller than a rabbit or something that can live and survive underground so that scratches the ape part out yes they are very like us but so is say a tiger and a ginger cat my point is something put us here whether you call that God but its not the god that listens to your prayers its the alien type of god thats gone on the missing list il take more questions oh and your welcome "

Wow... That's possibly the most scientifically illiterate nonsense I've read this year..

Reply privately

By *og-ManMan
over a year ago

somewhere

"Who is Jesus? If there is such thing in any religion. Why do we have so many problems on earth? Why is there so much hunger on the earth why is there racism on the earth. Not one person can answer those questions who believe there's a god and there's a Jesus. Hate to say it but when your dead your dead there is no proof that there is a jesus or a god. It's bull shit that was fed to us for generations. Your not born with a religion your forced! In some country's this same jesus is black or and tanned colour so how does that work?

I don't believe the Jesus stuff or the Adam and eve crap but the god part is something to really think about the fact we are supposed to have evolved from apes what a load of bullshit now think about it where the hell did the apes come from back in the age of the dinosaurs when they got wiped out the only thing that survived was no smaller than a rabbit or something that can live and survive underground so that scratches the ape part out yes they are very like us but so is say a tiger and a ginger cat my point is something put us here whether you call that God but its not the god that listens to your prayers its the alien type of god thats gone on the missing list il take more questions oh and your welcome "

Here's a question...have you no full stop on your keyboard

Reply privately

over a year ago

Wow . I better send that response to Richard Dawkins . I'm sure he'll find it very compelling .

Reply privately

By *he English OneMan
over a year ago

west

I don't believe the Jesus stuff or the Adam and eve crap but the god part is something to really think about the fact we are supposed to have evolved from apes what a load of bullshit now think about it where the hell did the apes come from back in the age of the dinosaurs when they got wiped out the only thing that survived was no smaller than a rabbit or something that can live and survive underground so that scratches the ape part out yes they are very like us but so is say a tiger and a ginger cat my point is something put us here whether you call that God but its not the god that listens to your prayers its the alien type of god thats gone on the missing list il take more questions oh and your welcome

Here's a question...have you no full stop on your keyboard "

Sorry didn't know this was grammar school

Reply privately

By *he English OneMan
over a year ago

west

Wow . I better send that response to Richard Dawkins . I'm sure he'll find it very compelling ."

Then what's your theory since you seem to have the answers

Reply privately

over a year ago

Wow . I better send that response to Richard Dawkins . I'm sure he'll find it very compelling .

Then what's your theory since you seem to have the answers "

What do you understand by the word theory ?

Reply privately

By *he English OneMan
over a year ago

west

What do you understand by the word theory ?"

a supposition or a system of ideas intended to explain something, especially one based on general principles independent of the thing to be explained. Does that help you understand

Reply privately

By *rmrspumpCouple
over a year ago

narnia

Then what's your theory since you seem to have the answers "

Well it's generally known as the theory of evolution.. And to be clear, it's fact, we share a common ancestor with the great apes. Your assertion is that "nothing larger than a rabbit survived" precludes large mammals.. You do realise that was 80 million years ago?? And the world is awash with large mammals..

Reply privately

over a year ago

When you say even people who believe cannot answer those questions, have you actually asked them?

Reply privately

over a year ago

What do you understand by the word theory ?

a supposition or a system of ideas intended to explain something, especially one based on general principles independent of the thing to be explained. Does that help you understand "

So you think your previous comment meets that criteria and the theory of evolution doesn't ?

What research have you done that declares evolution null and void ? Have you submitted for peer review and had it published in a scientific journal ?

Reply privately

over a year ago

If the bible was a film and it was released in cinema, can you imagine standing outside when it ends listening to passers by exiting

"Dunno bout that, seems a little far fetched"

Reply privately

By *og-ManMan
over a year ago

somewhere

Sorry didn't know this was grammar school "

It's not just joking with you

Reply privately

over a year ago

It's not just joking with you "

Honky Tonk's comment has to be satire!? I don't believe he has that little grasp of basic science.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"

Honky Tonk's comment has to be satire!? I don't believe he has that little grasp of basic science."

Wdym? Ginger cats look exactly like tigers

Reply privately

By *he English OneMan
over a year ago

west

Well it's generally known as the theory of evolution.. And to be clear, it's fact, we share a common ancestor with the great apes. Your assertion is that "nothing larger than a rabbit survived" precludes large mammals.. You do realise that was 80 million years ago?? And the world is awash with large mammals.. "

Yes but where did they come from there were no large mammals at the time the only other theory is that history has lied to us and humans actually walked among dinosaurs and we found a way to survive

Reply privately

By *rmrspumpCouple
over a year ago

narnia

Well it's generally known as the theory of evolution.. And to be clear, it's fact, we share a common ancestor with the great apes. Your assertion is that "nothing larger than a rabbit survived" precludes large mammals.. You do realise that was 80 million years ago?? And the world is awash with large mammals..

Yes but where did they come from there were no large mammals at the time the only other theory is that history has lied to us and humans actually walked among dinosaurs and we found a way to survive "

You can't actually be serious, this is surely trolling??

Reply privately

over a year ago

Yes but where did they come from there were no large mammals at the time the only other theory is that history has lied to us and humans actually walked among dinosaurs and we found a way to survive "

Fish - amphibians- reptiles - mammals

But I assume you knew that already

Reply privately

By *he English OneMan
over a year ago

west

Yes but where did they come from there were no large mammals at the time the only other theory is that history has lied to us and humans actually walked among dinosaurs and we found a way to survive

But I assume you knew that already"

Yes but what large mammals were roaming around with dinosaurs wouldn't they have been wiped out too no?

Reply privately

over a year ago

Yes, people are entitled to their beliefs. But living in the North, the issue comes from those people trying to dictate what MY beliefs should be. Religion should have no place in politics or education, except as a purely knowledge based subject, not forming the core values of the school. I think religious division in school is the #1 reason northern ireland still faces so much bigotry 22 years after the good Friday agreement, kids are indoctrinated to recognise difference from their neighbours based on religious belief.

So yes, it matters, and religion in a social context as opposed to a personal faith is on balance a very negative force.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Yes but what large mammals were roaming around with dinosaurs wouldn't they have been wiped out too no? "

I seen a documentary on this. The meteor didnt wipe them all out. Many of the large mammels, dinosaurs and giant insects got got trapped under ground, only to emerge eons later on an island in the Pacific. An expedition discovered it in the 1930s and shipped one of the larger apes back to New York

Reply privately

By *rmrspumpCouple
over a year ago

narnia

Yes but what large mammals were roaming around with dinosaurs wouldn't they have been wiped out too no? "

You think large mammals couldn't evolve from small mammals over 85 million years?? Well quick hint, if you look around you'll see many of them, where exactly do you think they came from?? Evolution is a FACT, unless you're right and every evolutionary biologist in the world is wrong, and if you can't understand that then I no longer have the patience or the crayons to explain it to you further

Reply privately

By *rmrspumpCouple
over a year ago

narnia

"Yes, people are entitled to their beliefs. But living in the North, the issue comes from those people trying to dictate what MY beliefs should be. Religion should have no place in politics or education, except as a purely knowledge based subject, not forming the core values of the school. I think religious division in school is the #1 reason northern ireland still faces so much bigotry 22 years after the good Friday agreement, kids are indoctrinated to recognise difference from their neighbours based on religious belief.

So yes, it matters, and religion in a social context as opposed to a personal faith is on balance a very negative force."

100%

Reply privately

By *he SophisticatsCouple
over a year ago

Casa Del Fun

Sorry didn't know this was grammar school "

It’s not.... but you try reading it in one breath

Reply privately

By *he English OneMan
over a year ago

west

Yes but what large mammals were roaming around with dinosaurs wouldn't they have been wiped out too no?

I seen a documentary on this. The meteor didnt wipe them all out. Many of the large mammels, dinosaurs and giant insects got got trapped under ground, only to emerge eons later on an island in the Pacific. An expedition discovered it in the 1930s and shipped one of the larger apes back to New York"

Are you sure that wasn't journey to the center of the earth or King Kong or ice age 3 you was watching but you are right the meteor didn't wipe them all out directly but it did over time due to starvation and suffocation but like I said if the creature lived underground they were fine but then don't that cancel out apes where did they come from?

Reply privately

By *rmrspumpCouple
over a year ago

narnia

I seen a documentary on this. The meteor didnt wipe them all out. Many of the large mammels, dinosaurs and giant insects got got trapped under ground, only to emerge eons later on an island in the Pacific. An expedition discovered it in the 1930s and shipped one of the larger apes back to New York

Are you sure that wasn't journey to the center of the earth or King Kong or ice age 3 you was watching but you are right the meteor didn't wipe them all out directly but it did over time due to starvation and suffocation but like I said if the creature lived underground they were fine but then don't that cancel out apes where did they come from? "

https://humanorigins.si.edu/evidence/genetics#:~:text=Humans%20belong%20to%20the%20biological,of%20the%20primate%20evolutionary%20tree.&text=It%20confirms%20that%20our%20closest,whom%20we%20share%20many%20traits.

Reply privately

By *he English OneMan
over a year ago

west

You think large mammals couldn't evolve from small mammals over 85 million years?? Well quick hint, if you look around you'll see many of them, where exactly do you think they came from?? Evolution is a FACT, unless you're right and every evolutionary biologist in the world is wrong, and if you can't understand that then I no longer have the patience or the crayons to explain it to you further"

You didn't answer my question tho yes I see them all around me ok so let's take an elephant for example they evolved from mammoths right so where did the mammoth come from maybe evolution is fact just because scientists and experts says it is doesn't make them 100% correct it's impossible for them to be its impossible for anyone to be completely right and why? Well unless someone has a time machine hidden some where then there is no solid 100% proof sure I've heard even theories that dinosaurs were never as big as they were due to something to do with bones expanding over time but that's a debate for a different day I don't mean to test your patience but I've given my 2 cents on the matter it's mad how people gets ridiculed because they see the world in a different way and what they believe

Reply privately

By *he English OneMan
over a year ago

west

It’s not.... but you try reading it in one breath "

Slow and steady wins the race

Reply privately

By *he English OneMan
over a year ago

west

Are you sure that wasn't journey to the center of the earth or King Kong or ice age 3 you was watching but you are right the meteor didn't wipe them all out directly but it did over time due to starvation and suffocation but like I said if the creature lived underground they were fine but then don't that cancel out apes where did they come from?

https://humanorigins.si.edu/evidence/genetics#:~:text=Humans%20belong%20to%20the%20biological,of%20the%20primate%20evolutionary%20tree.&text=It%20confirms%20that%20our%20closest,whom%20we%20share%20many%20traits."

That was actually a good read thanks but did you actually read that it says we are related to apes but it says nothing about being evolved from them have you not considered that we are simply a species of ape no? Come on admit it's got you thinking just a little bit

Reply privately

By *rmrspumpCouple
over a year ago

narnia

https://humanorigins.si.edu/evidence/genetics#:~:text=Humans%20belong%20to%20the%20biological,of%20the%20primate%20evolutionary%20tree.&text=It%20confirms%20that%20our%20closest,whom%20we%20share%20many%20traits.

That was actually a good read thanks but did you actually read that it says we are related to apes but it says nothing about being evolved from them have you not considered that we are simply a species of ape no? Come on admit it's got you thinking just a little bit "

We are related to the great apes because we share a common ancestor, which was also an ape

Reply privately

By *yesgreenMan
over a year ago

north and south

That was actually a good read thanks but did you actually read that it says we are related to apes but it says nothing about being evolved from them have you not considered that we are simply a species of ape no? Come on admit it's got you thinking just a little bit

We are related to the great apes because we share a common ancestor, which was also an ape"

The bible is a great work of Fiction to keep the sheep together, There was everything in sodom and Gomorrah Fab people straight gay marriage single woman man TVs that’s why is was destroyed ,But it’s in the book !!! It’s all in the book , The perfect person only reads what he wants to hear and it’s a guidebook to life really and as a child growing up it does no harm , But once you hit 16 years, You read between the lines , Scientology is for the rich but the church Overall is about taking money from the poor and it works too , No one Questions the people who run it and if they do they sweep it under the carpet and move the people running it to another church and so on and on , They perpetrate peoples rights and destroy little lives and no one Questions them , but if your not eating in a pub today with a pint that’s a crime ?????? , The monkey to humans is a struggle for me as why is it still not happening today ? E especially with , Did they stop evolving

Reply privately

By *he English OneMan
over a year ago

west

We are related to the great apes because we share a common ancestor, which was also an ape"

Yes related not evolved so would you agree that we are a species of ape then if we evolved from apes then why did evolution suddenly stop and said well that's enough humans for now let's see what this monkey business is all about

Reply privately

By *he English OneMan
over a year ago

west

We are related to the great apes because we share a common ancestor, which was also an apeThe bible is a great work of Fiction to keep the sheep together, There was everything in sodom and Gomorrah Fab people straight gay marriage single woman man TVs that’s why is was destroyed ,But it’s in the book !!! It’s all in the book , The perfect person only reads what he wants to hear and it’s a guidebook to life really and as a child growing up it does no harm , But once you hit 16 years, You read between the lines , Scientology is for the rich but the church Overall is about taking money from the poor and it works too , No one Questions the people who run it and if they do they sweep it under the carpet and move the people running it to another church and so on and on , They perpetrate peoples rights and destroy little lives and no one Questions them , but if your not eating in a pub today with a pint that’s a crime ?????? , The monkey to humans is a struggle for me as why is it still not happening today ? E especially with , Did they stop evolving "

I'm 70% sure your seeing my point

Reply privately

By *uriousVoyeurMan
over a year ago

Northside

Now look what you started Kate...

Reply privately

over a year ago

I seen a documentary on this. The meteor didnt wipe them all out. Many of the large mammels, dinosaurs and giant insects got got trapped under ground, only to emerge eons later on an island in the Pacific. An expedition discovered it in the 1930s and shipped one of the larger apes back to New York"

Where he evolved into Donald Trump

Reply privately

By *ealitybitesMan
over a year ago

Belfast

Where he evolved into Donald Trump"

That's not evolution, it's called manscaping.

Reply privately

By *yesgreenMan
over a year ago

north and south

Where he evolved into Donald Trump

That's not evolution, it's called manscaping. "

Donald duck Trump Lol well said

Reply privately

By *oghunter33Woman
over a year ago

on the hill NordWest of

"

Isn't this exactly the same attitude some strong believers have? And isn't this the source of so many wars?

I agree with Kate that beliefs should be challenged and questioned that doesn't mean other people's belief shouldn't be respected. If respect goes, comtempt moves in.

Reply privately

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 10/07/20 11:30:41]

Reply privately

over a year ago

Isn't this exactly the same attitude some strong believers have? And isn't this the source of so many wars?

I agree with Kate that beliefs should be challenged and questioned that doesn't mean other people's belief shouldn't be respected. If respect goes, comtempt moves in. "

It's not really the same attitude as strong believer. For a start, they arrive at their conclusion going against all logic and understanding of how the universe works.

But secondly, it's not really the source of wars. In fact, religion itself is the source of wars, not lack off religion. If someone says they believe passionately in something as silly as a god, I cant help but it will affect my perception of them: including my own parents, extended family etc.

By not respecting someones beliefs, I dont mean im going to start a war with them, or argue and try to convert then. But I will silently judge them and think less of them. Same goes if someone for flat Earthers, or anti vax, or anything that goes against science.

Reply privately

By *ouple 0073Couple
over a year ago

donegal

But the earth is flat.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Indoctrination is the scourge of humanity. It's the reason why racism breeds so strongly through generations, people blindly go to war for their country, or vote lunatics into the White House, simply because their family has always voted that way.

I just cant understand why people will believe any old crazy nonsense, just because they were told it when they were young, and lack the ability to step back and reassess their views as an adult.

That mentality or way of thinking has done nothing but prevent humanity from progressing and kept us in the Dark Ages.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Re: don't respect people's beliefs.

Here's the thing with that mentality if you don't respect someone's beliefs then you cannot ask for yours to be respected. No matter what they be.

Let's be honest we're on a sex site with open marriages, swinging , cuckold etc. You could say to someone "you don't believe in all that God stuff so you?!" - they could say "aren't you that guy who lets other men sleep with his wife?" - perhaps we should just love and let live you know.

Reply privately

over a year ago

*live and let live

Reply privately

By *ouple 0073Couple
over a year ago

donegal

"Re: don't respect people's beliefs.

Here's the thing with that mentality if you don't respect someone's beliefs then you cannot ask for yours to be respected. No matter what they be.

Let's be honest we're on a sex site with open marriages, swinging , cuckold etc. You could say to someone "you don't believe in all that God stuff so you?!" - they could say "aren't you that guy who lets other men sleep with his wife?" - perhaps we should just love and let live you know.

"

totally agree ??

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Re: don't respect people's beliefs.

"

So for example, if someone told you that the believed that the Earth was flat, would you honestly say that you respect their beliefs, or would you think that this guy is nuts?

Ok, maybe I "respect" was the wrong word for me to use. I wouldn't treat anyone differently if they said they believed in X Y or Z. But I would judge them internally.

Reply privately

By *rmrspumpCouple
over a year ago

narnia

We are related to the great apes because we share a common ancestor, which was also an apeThe bible is a great work of Fiction to keep the sheep together, There was everything in sodom and Gomorrah Fab people straight gay marriage single woman man TVs that’s why is was destroyed ,But it’s in the book !!! It’s all in the book , The perfect person only reads what he wants to hear and it’s a guidebook to life really and as a child growing up it does no harm , But once you hit 16 years, You read between the lines , Scientology is for the rich but the church Overall is about taking money from the poor and it works too , No one Questions the people who run it and if they do they sweep it under the carpet and move the people running it to another church and so on and on , They perpetrate peoples rights and destroy little lives and no one Questions them , but if your not eating in a pub today with a pint that’s a crime ?????? , The monkey to humans is a struggle for me as why is it still not happening today ? E especially with , Did they stop evolving "

Is IS happening today, evolution is a never ending random process, every species is a transitional one, but u ou have to understand the timescale, its not like one species goes to bed and wakes up a new species, the changes are infinitesimally small and take thousands, in not millions of years. It really doesn't matter if you don't buy it, it's a fact

Reply privately

over a year ago

"

Ok, maybe I "respect" was the wrong word for me to use. I wouldn't treat anyone differently if they said they believed in X Y or Z. But I would judge them internally. "

And that's the thing we all judge. We say we don't. But we do.

It's sad but I think the stone cold truth of life is we pick and choose what to respect. Yet we all expect everyone else to take non-issue with what we may be, do or think.

This world is mad anyways.

Reply privately

By *uriousVoyeurMan
over a year ago

Northside

I agree with Kate that beliefs should be challenged and questioned that doesn't mean other people's belief shouldn't be respected. If respect goes, comtempt moves in.

It's not really the same attitude as strong believer. For a start, they arrive at their conclusion going against all logic and understanding of how the universe works.

But secondly, it's not really the source of wars. In fact, religion itself is the source of wars, not lack off religion. If someone says they believe passionately in something as silly as a god, I cant help but it will affect my perception of them: including my own parents, extended family etc.

By not respecting someones beliefs, I dont mean im going to start a war with them, or argue and try to convert then. But I will silently judge them and think less of them. Same goes if someone for flat Earthers, or anti vax, or anything that goes against science."

I think the issue is you don't have to respect their beliefs,but you should respect their right to believe what they want! Flat Earthers are a good example. Do I believe the earth is flat? No I don't! But if you do then who am I to contradict you? Regardless of who is right,we're both entitled to our views! Just as long as we don't try force our beliefs on others. That's where the problems start!

Reply privately

By *rmrspumpCouple
over a year ago

narnia

By not respecting someones beliefs, I dont mean im going to start a war with them, or argue and try to convert then. But I will silently judge them and think less of them. Same goes if someone for flat Earthers, or anti vax, or anything that goes against science.

I think the issue is you don't have to respect their beliefs,but you should respect their right to believe what they want! Flat Earthers are a good example. Do I believe the earth is flat? No I don't! But if you do then who am I to contradict you? Regardless of who is right,we're both entitled to our views! Just as long as we don't try force our beliefs on others. That's where the problems start! "

Everyone has the right to believe in whatever delusion the please. The problems start when they expect you to live your life in accordance with THIER beliefs.. Case on point being the DUP..

Reply privately

over a year ago

^ the whole "them posing their beliefs onto me" is often a fake reason as to why people shit on others.

Reply privately

By *rmrspumpCouple
over a year ago

narnia

"^ the whole "them posing their beliefs onto me" is often a fake reason as to why people shit on others.

"

Explain..

Reply privately

By *aid backMan
over a year ago

What about those people who say the theory of evolution is only a theory there for it's not proven but the believe in the theory of gravity

Reply privately

over a year ago

By not respecting someones beliefs, I dont mean im going to start a war with them, or argue and try to convert then. But I will silently judge them and think less of them. Same goes if someone for flat Earthers, or anti vax, or anything that goes against science."

That's your opinion and your entitled to hold it.

It is also your strong belief that religion is all made up and fake but by trying to push your belief on others you are no better than those you accuse of pushing religion on others

Reply privately

over a year ago

At least Santy is real

Reply privately

By *og-ManMan
over a year ago

somewhere

"At least Santy is real "

Who's going to tell him

Reply privately

over a year ago

"At least Santy is real

Who's going to tell him "

Write to him in late November Bogman

Reply privately

over a year ago

It is also your strong belief that religion is all made up and fake but by trying to push your belief on others you are no better than those you accuse of pushing religion on others"

Not really, I dont have a "strong belief", it's just a fact that there is no God. It's also a fact that the consequences of religion has slaughtered more lives than it has saved.

Also, I'm not pushing my beliefs on anyone. Saying something is incorrect and makes no sense is not pushing my beliefs. I'd never go up to someone in real life and tell them to stop going to mass or not to Baptise their children.

Reply privately

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 10/07/20 14:23:31]

Reply privately

over a year ago

It is also your strong belief that religion is all made up and fake but by trying to push your belief on others you are no better than those you accuse of pushing religion on others

Not really, I dont have a "strong belief", it's just a fact that there is no God. It's also a fact that the consequences of religion has slaughtered more lives than it has saved.

Also, I'm not pushing my beliefs on anyone. Saying something is incorrect and makes no sense is not pushing my beliefs. I'd never go up to someone in real life and tell them to stop going to mass or not to Baptise their children."

It's your belief there is no God. It is not fact

Reply privately

over a year ago

"

Is your belief that there is no God, it is not fact"

Well it's both, it is my belief, and it's also a fact.

I mean, it's either a fact that there are gods in this universe, or it's a fact that there are no gods.

And as it so happens, they aren't real, just like ever other supernatural being that has ever been invented.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"

Is your belief that there is no God, it is not fact

I mean, it's either a fact that there are gods in this universe, or it's a fact that there are no gods.

And as it so happens, they aren't real, just like ever other supernatural being that has ever been invented.

"

Without imperial evidence either way the best you can say is probably. You can't assume facts, basic science that

Reply privately

over a year ago

"

Is your belief that there is no God, it is not fact

Without imperial evidence either way the best you can say is probably. You can't assume facts, basic science that"

*imperical

Reply privately

By *og-ManMan
over a year ago

somewhere

Genuine question...when someone asks me why I dont believe in God the first reply is always without fail

"But who created everything "

No matter what I say it comes back to that

Anyone ?

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Genuine question...when someone asks me why I dont believe in God the first reply is always without fail

Anyone ?"

That's easy

In the beginning there was nothing and nothing exploded. Wait what?

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Genuine question...when someone asks me why I dont believe in God the first reply is always without fail

Anyone ?"

Aliens

Reply privately

By *og-ManMan
over a year ago

somewhere

Anyone ?

Aliens "

I never took you for one of Tom Cruises mates to be honest

Reply privately

over a year ago

"^ the whole "them posing their beliefs onto me" is often a fake reason as to why people shit on others.

Explain.. "

Pretty self-explanatory. It's not like I was speaking Chinese

Besides "explain" ? - did you click your fingers too while you wrote that?

Reply privately

over a year ago

Anyone ?

Aliens

I never took you for one of Tom Cruises mates to be honest "

He's not an alien

Reply privately

over a year ago

Explain..

"

You don't think the catholic church pushed that belief onto others and countless lives were ruined because of that belief system ?

Give your head a wobble.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Anyone ?

Aliens "

Just because some farmers 1000s of years ago came up with a rediculous explanation of how the universe started, doesnt mean we have to advance technology to the point of the origin of time and space just to tell them they're wrong.

And also, 400 years of science has thought us that complexity is an emergent property of less complex things. That is, through evolution, less complex organisms have the ability to create organisms more complex than themselves.

All of our laws of physics can be broken down as an emergent property of the 4 fundamental electromagnetic forces. Relativity shows that these 4 forces are also an emergent property of a singular less complex force

Everything we have learned tells us that the universe was created by something LESS complex than what we see. Not something more like an all powerful, all knowing god.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Anyone ?

Aliens

Just because some farmers 1000s of years ago came up with a rediculous explanation of how the universe started, doesnt mean we have to advance technology to the point of the origin of time and space just to tell them they're wrong.

And also, 400 years of science has thought us that complexity is an emergent property of less complex things. That is, through evolution, less complex organisms have the ability to create organisms more complex than themselves.

All of our laws of physics can be broken down as an emergent property of the 4 fundamental electromagnetic forces. Relativity shows that these 4 forces are also an emergent property of a singular less complex force

Everything we have learned tells us that the universe was created by something LESS complex than what we see. Not something more like an all powerful, all knowing god."

My question too hard? Where is your imperical evidence proving there is no God?

Cos belief without evidence is fundamentally faith. Which kinda means you too are a man of faith.

Reply privately

By *aid backMan
over a year ago

Magic beans for sale.... * disclaimer* only magic if you have enough faith. If they don't work for you it's your own fault for not having enough faith

Reply privately

over a year ago

Anyone ?

Aliens

Everything we have learned tells us that the universe was created by something LESS complex than what we see. Not something more like an all powerful, all knowing god."

Where does science say the less complex thing first came from?

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Everything we have learned tells us that the universe was created by something LESS complex than what we see. Not something more like an all powerful, all knowing god."

That's the reality

Reply privately

By *aid backMan
over a year ago

Anyone ?

Aliens

Everything we have learned tells us that the universe was created by something LESS complex than what we see. Not something more like an all powerful, all knowing god.

Cos belief without evidence is fundamentally faith. Which kinda means you too are a man of faith. "

Which god? There are 1000s of them

Reply privately

By *weet threesome wifeCouple
over a year ago

Kilrea

Never heard of white jesus he was jewish

Reply privately

over a year ago

Anyone ?

Aliens

Cos belief without evidence is fundamentally faith. Which kinda means you too are a man of faith.

Which god? There are 1000s of them"

That may be the case and at no point have I said it is our isn't but Gary says its fact that's its not the case. So I'm awaiting his scientific proof

Reply privately

over a year ago

Anyone ?

Aliens

Cos belief without evidence is fundamentally faith. Which kinda means you too are a man of faith. "

We know that energy can be converted directly into matter. Einstein proved it via E=MC2

We know that that throughout the universe, new energy is constantly being created. This is proven at tje event horizon of black holes, where we can see positive and negative energy being spontaneously created, but gravity prevents the two from recombining into zero energy.

We also know that time itself can be controlled, and changes with respect to gravity/energy.

In summary, we literally know that time can be stopped, and energy can be created out of nowhere and convert into matter, and that matter can coalesce into massive balls that start burning, producing nuclear fusion under gravity and eventually explode in a super nova, creating all the atoms we know in the universe.

We just do not know the exact specifics of how it happens and cant recreate it as we would need an entire universe as a petri dish and billions of years.

Anyway, the burden of proof is not in me, its on the person making the extraordinary claim

Reply privately

over a year ago

Anyone ?

Aliens

We know that energy can be converted directly into matter. Einstein proved it via E=MC2

We know that that throughout the universe, new energy is constantly being created. This is proven at tje event horizon of black holes, where we can see positive and negative energy being spontaneously created, but gravity prevents the two from recombining into zero energy.

We also know that time itself can be controlled, and changes with respect to gravity/energy.

In summary, we literally know that time can be stopped, and energy can be created out of nowhere and convert into matter, and that matter can coalesce into massive balls that start burning, producing nuclear fusion under gravity and eventually explode in a super nova, creating all the atoms we know in the universe.

We just do not know the exact specifics of how it happens and cant recreate it as we would need an entire universe as a petri dish and billions of years.

Anyway, the burden of proof is not in me, its on the person making the extraordinary claim"

The burden of proof lies in the person stating fact, that's you in this case. I'm still waiting...

Reply privately

over a year ago

Anyone ?

Aliens

Anyway, the burden of proof is not in me, its on the person making the extraordinary claim"

Holy shit we are in a petri dish aren't we

Reply privately

over a year ago

Anyone ?

Aliens

Anyway, the burden of proof is not in me, its on the person making the extraordinary claim

The burden of proof lies in the person stating fact, that's you in this case. I'm still waiting... "

Incorrect. You dont understand the logic. If I say that there is a flying spaghetti monster, the burden of proof is on ME to prove that it exists. It's not on you!

Similarly, if you come up with a crazy explanation of how the universe was created, the burden of proof is on you to come up with a single shred of evidence, other than "I want to believe"

Reply privately

over a year ago

"

Incorrect. You dont understand the logic. If I say that there is a flying spaghetti monster, the burden of proof is on ME to prove that it exists. It's not on you!

Similarly, if you come up with a crazy explanation of how the universe was created, the burden of proof is on you to come up with a single shred of evidence, other than "I want to believe""

Sorry buddy you don't understand. I have made no claims either way. I have asked you to prove your claims that 'it is fact there is no God' which you can't. Burden of proof is on you to back up your 'fact' or back down

Reply privately

By *rmrspumpCouple
over a year ago

narnia

Explain..

"

It's not self explanatory at all, it's a statement with no context or evidence

Reply privately

By *ifestooshort9999Couple
over a year ago

Dublin

"Exactly people should be allowes to believe what ever they choose and shouldnt be ridiculed for it some people get comfort from believing that there is a higher power especially in times of trouble the reason why there is so much poverty etc in thd world is through greed and power we were all given the power of free will we make the choices and decisions that we do noone else "

If that's the case, why do people judge and ridicule people who discuss conspiracy theories, or why are some "religions" labled as cults, and it is okay to put them down and say they are mad? The only difference is that for the large accepted cults, I.e. religions, they fit the mainstream agendas and help to control and also keep people devised. , a d they're are great excuse for starting wars too

Once a cult reaches a certain size, they are no longer crazy people where it is okay to judge and laugh at, they are now to be protected and respected??

Religion, was, is and always will be, a means of social control, that benefits those at the top and gives them powers and wealth.

Each to their own, but if we are to respect peoples opinions on magic men in the sky, we should respect peoples opinions on our corrupt governments and corporations too.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"

Similarly, if you come up with a crazy explanation of how the universe was created, the burden of proof is on you to come up with a single shred of evidence, other than "I want to believe"

Sorry buddy you don't understand. I have made no claims either way. I have asked you to prove your claims that 'it is fact there is no God' which you can't. Burden of proof is on you to back up your 'fact' or back down"

Well, we have proven that there is zero requirement for a god in this universe. Mankind has already proved by observing Hawking Radiation, that energy can be created out of nowhere, and time can be stopped and started, and this energy can go on to create everything we see and know.

We have literally proven that the universe as we know it, can be created through known and understood processes.

We also know enough about the human psyche that we look for answers and have a yearning to understand.

Gods were initially method of explaining how rain, thunder, wind, war, fire etc worked.

As we actually began to understand these things, we realised that they were not controlled by gods, but physics.

The last nugget of knowledge to mankind was the origin of life, and the universe. Since we understand how the rain and weather works, that is the last straw that believers clutch at. However, we have pretty much proven that life and the universe can be created spontaneously now, so time to drop this god too.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Folks I'm out, I have my own beliefs and opinions which will never be shared on here. I love a great debate and find it mentally stimulating no matter what side of the thread I fall but given that this thread is likely to be read as argumentative on the green arrow and heaven knows its hard enough to get a reply to pm's on here without that label, I'm gonna bow out.

Peace, hugs and hope no one is pissed at me

Jay

Reply privately

over a year ago

Anyone ?

Aliens

The burden of proof lies in the person stating fact, that's you in this case. I'm still waiting... "

The claim is that there is a god . That is an extraordinary claim which needs extraordinary evidence to prove.

I could say there's an invisible flying spaghetti monster with a 74ft crystal dildo flying around Jupiter in a reliant robin . Now....is the burden of proof on me or you to prove there isn't ?

There is no objective evidence put forward that has been peer reviewed and published that identifies the existence of a god much less a particular deity.

The rational conclusion is that there is that belief in a god is not warranted and all that can lead one to god are psychological flaws of thinking.

Is it comforting for believers ? Yeah sure it can be. That has no impact on truth of the claim.

Faith is used as the reaspn to believe. Cognitive dissonance and bias combining more like to delude the believer into subjectively inserting their own indoctrinated belief.

Can I prove without a shadow of a doubt Elvis didn't come back to life and make himself a cup of tea during the night in my kitchen ? No . The evidence as it stands has no correlation nor causation to suggest that it did happen.

Dionysus..Osiris..Zeus....Horus.. Isis... Thor and Jesus is no different. The Jesus story itself is in large parts plagiarised from other "god" stories.

Pepple are born into beliefs and accept them when they have no critical thinkimg skills much like Santa . A point comes when grown up kids tell younger ones Santa is a made up character. The comfort of Santa for the ypunger child does npt make Santa real.

The comfort of (insert gpd) does not make them real either.

Only testable objective evidence should persuade.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Folks I'm out, I have my own beliefs and opinions which will never be shared on here. I love a great debate and find it mentally stimulating no matter what side of the thread I fall but given that this thread is likely to be read as argumentative on the green arrow and heaven knows its hard enough to get a reply to pm's on here without that label, I'm gonna bow out.

Peace, hugs and hope no one is pissed at me

Jay"

Same goes for me, I think i'm out aswell, I havent gotten a tap of work done all day. Gonna go before I get blocked from everyone

Sorry Kate for derailing your forum post!!

Reply privately

over a year ago

All religions have their version of him, you will find that he is not the same in afrika.

Reply privately

By *he English OneMan
over a year ago

west

We are related to the great apes because we share a common ancestor, which was also an apeThe bible is a great work of Fiction to keep the sheep together, There was everything in sodom and Gomorrah Fab people straight gay marriage single woman man TVs that’s why is was destroyed ,But it’s in the book !!! It’s all in the book , The perfect person only reads what he wants to hear and it’s a guidebook to life really and as a child growing up it does no harm , But once you hit 16 years, You read between the lines , Scientology is for the rich but the church Overall is about taking money from the poor and it works too , No one Questions the people who run it and if they do they sweep it under the carpet and move the people running it to another church and so on and on , They perpetrate peoples rights and destroy little lives and no one Questions them , but if your not eating in a pub today with a pint that’s a crime ?????? , The monkey to humans is a struggle for me as why is it still not happening today ? E especially with , Did they stop evolving

Is IS happening today, evolution is a never ending random process, every species is a transitional one, but u ou have to understand the timescale, its not like one species goes to bed and wakes up a new species, the changes are infinitesimally small and take thousands, in not millions of years. It really doesn't matter if you don't buy it, it's a fact"

Then why did apes stop evolving into humans taking a very long break is it till another meteor comes round or did it run out of clay

Reply privately

By *rmrspumpCouple
over a year ago

narnia

We are related to the great apes because we share a common ancestor, which was also an apeThe bible is a great work of Fiction to keep the sheep together, There was everything in sodom and Gomorrah Fab people straight gay marriage single woman man TVs that’s why is was destroyed ,But it’s in the book !!! It’s all in the book , The perfect person only reads what he wants to hear and it’s a guidebook to life really and as a child growing up it does no harm , But once you hit 16 years, You read between the lines , Scientology is for the rich but the church Overall is about taking money from the poor and it works too , No one Questions the people who run it and if they do they sweep it under the carpet and move the people running it to another church and so on and on , They perpetrate peoples rights and destroy little lives and no one Questions them , but if your not eating in a pub today with a pint that’s a crime ?????? , The monkey to humans is a struggle for me as why is it still not happening today ? E especially with , Did they stop evolving

Is IS happening today, evolution is a never ending random process, every species is a transitional one, but u ou have to understand the timescale, its not like one species goes to bed and wakes up a new species, the changes are infinitesimally small and take thousands, in not millions of years. It really doesn't matter if you don't buy it, it's a fact

Then why did apes stop evolving into humans taking a very long break is it till another meteor comes round or did it run out of clay "

One branch of apes evolved into humans, other branches evolved into bonobos, chimps and gorillas.. Evolution is not a set path, there is no plan, no set of instructions, the mutations and environmental factors that drive evolution are completely random

Reply privately

By *assionfruitfunCouple
over a year ago

Dublin

"

Gods were initially method of explaining how rain, thunder, wind, war, fire etc worked.

As we actually began to understand these things, we realised that they were not controlled by gods, but physics.

"

That's only part of it, religions made a generally poor attempt at explaining the HOW of the world but all philosophies & moral systems which religions are a strand of, try to explain the WHY and build a moral value system around it. The laws of physics as accurate as they might be to describe the world do not carry any moral value to help our specie live together... Someone also mentioned Santa, he might not be real but the joy he brings to children is actually real so isn't that valuable in itself?

Reply privately

By *he English OneMan
over a year ago

west

Then why did apes stop evolving into humans taking a very long break is it till another meteor comes round or did it run out of clay

One branch of apes evolved into humans, other branches evolved into bonobos, chimps and gorillas.. Evolution is not a set path, there is no plan, no set of instructions, the mutations and environmental factors that drive evolution are completely random"

Then it goes back to what I was saying we are a different species of ape if you want to call it evolution then we can ok its nearly at the end of the thread so I hope we learned something today to stop making these bloody threads please

Reply privately

over a year ago

Jesus Christ is this still going!

Reply privately

By *ealitybitesMan
over a year ago

Belfast

"Jesus Christ is this still going! "

It was dead but someone resurrected it.

Reply privately

By *og-ManMan
over a year ago

somewhere

It'll be a miracle when it stops

Reply privately

By *he English OneMan
over a year ago

west

Just wait when the existence of aliens thread starts

Reply privately

By *ealitybitesMan
over a year ago

Belfast

We are already here and living among you.

Reply privately

By *he English OneMan
over a year ago

west

Come to think of it I did feel a pain in my hole last night I'm sure it was nothing tho I hope

Reply privately

over a year ago

"

That's only part of it, religions made a generally poor attempt at explaining the HOW of the world but all philosophies & moral systems which religions are a strand of, try to explain the WHY and build a moral value system around it. The laws of physics as accurate as they might be to describe the world do not carry any moral value to help our specie live together... Someone also mentioned Santa, he might not be real but the joy he brings to children is actually real so isn't that valuable in itself?"

Agh, I got dragged in again

Actually, ethics and what it means to be virtuous was first described by Greek philosophers such as Socrates. And they specifically stated that religion cannot be used to base morality on, as gods are known to be cruel, vengeful, and egotistical, and no way should be used as a basis for morality and ethics.

Secondly, science does quite a good job at explaining why altruism and a moral code is an "evolutionary stable strategy" and is engrained in our psyche through natural selection.

Take something that's immoral, like murder of your own species. If a highly social group enjoyed murdering eachother, then there's less chance of them producing offspring. If the social group were horrified by murder, then then this is an evolutionary stable strategy and there is a better chance of them living to produce similar offspring who are also horrified by it.

Pretty much any task that's immoral, or non altruistic can be described as a non-evolutionary stable strategy, and would be non beneficial to a social group and hinder their rate of reproducing their genetic code.

Moral codes exists throughout most of the social animal kingdom and not just humans. Animals show altruism by looking after their young, protecting the pack, sharing a kill, dont r#pe their young, dont cannibalise eachother in their sleep.

I guarantee of you died in your armchair, your pet dog wouldnt eat you unless he was starving. Yet if you butchered a piece of your meat they would eat you unknowingly without hesitation. Why? They dont need religion, but because of natural selection, morals and ethics were engrained in all animals. We dont need religion for that.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Did anyone watch preacher on Amazon

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Just wait when the existence of aliens thread starts "

I want an alien thread

Reply privately

over a year ago

What about Zeus ?

Reply privately

By *assionfruitfunCouple
over a year ago

Dublin

Glad i dragged you back in Gary, a bit of banter about ethics on fab is a welcome change from dick pics Not sure reducing the human consciouness and experience to a DNA reproducing machine is the full answer though (to what end ?).

Reply privately

over a year ago

Faith isn't just about Jesus or a white Jesus or Mohammed. Faith is simply what it is faith some people have faith in their god some have faith in their families or friends. Every human being is entitled to have something other than what they can see with their own two eyes to believe in. Nobody should be judged for the faith they have regardless of religion or not.

In all honesty faith is a good thing for people it's just like fear it's part of being human and without it some people just dont feel alive

Reply privately

By *he English OneMan
over a year ago

west

Before this thread ends

Reply privately

By *he English OneMan
over a year ago

west

I would like to say

Reply privately

By *he English OneMan
over a year ago

west

Thank god for making me an atheist goodnight everybody

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I would like to say "

Jesus banged his momma and cucked his dad ?

Reply privately