FabSwingers.com mobile

Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Ireland

Photography, possibly a terrible idea but who knows/care!

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

So for couples lucky enough to be in functional relationships, so delighted for you and I remember that time with the greatest fondness. But for those of us who are separated or single, taking a sexy-looking photo of yourself without someone else to do the camera work... well the timer, the angles etc.

So, was wandering. If I had the house to myself in west Waterford this weekend, would any single or separated people be interested in a group 'help each other out' photoshoot?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ealitybitesMan
over a year ago

Belfast

Without taking away from your thread op I'm always curious why guys especially always say how difficult it is to take good pics. Every one of mine have been taken using a 10 sec timer on my phone with no other equipment not even a stand. Just phone propped against something. I've never spent more than 5 mins on any pic. Just needs a bit of effort and imagination.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

There's method behind your madness OP, especially if your ultimate goal is to shoot a load with a helping hand.

over a year ago

Get yourself a mini-tripod and make use of what lighting, props etc you have in your house. Make sure the background is tidy and take lots to see what works best. And don't forget that a clever crop can make all the difference.

A good proportion of mine (Mrs) were taken just by me. You really don't need a camera-person if you get creative and have fun with it

over a year ago

I take all my own photos and it gets easier once you get the hang of it. The timer does help but most of mine are without timer. Never takes me anymore than five minutes. Have a clutter free background as people find it awful distracting. Sky remotes are non essential

Maybe add a few more photos on your own profile. I have seen people here suggest photo shoots and they usually get slated for having poor photo's on their own profile

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

"I take all my own photos and it gets easier once you get the hang of it. The timer does help but most of mine are without timer. Never takes me anymore than five minutes. Have a clutter free background as people find it awful distracting. Sky remotes are non essential

Maybe add a few more photos on your own profile. I have seen people here suggest photo shoots and they usually get slated for having poor photo's on their own profile

"

Many thanks all above, I'll keep working on reducing my tech incompetence. What's the worst that can happen?

By *kcoupleCouple
over a year ago

I have absolutely no imagination when it comes to taking selfies. Men just aren't hard wired to know what to do (Well I'm not), that and listening are my two biggest downfalls

over a year ago

I'm almost afraid to say that the only equipment used I'm my pics was outstretched arm and phone. I know they are not great but better than nothing I guess

By *he SophisticatsCouple
over a year ago

York

"I have absolutely no imagination when it comes to taking selfies. Men just aren't hard wired to know what to do (Well I'm not), that and listening are my two biggest downfalls "

Sorry, what was that you said?

over a year ago

"Get yourself a mini-tripod and make use of what lighting, props etc you have in your house. Make sure the background is tidy and take lots to see what works best. And don't forget that a clever crop can make all the difference.

A good proportion of mine (Mrs) were taken just by me. You really don't need a camera-person if you get creative and have fun with it"

E here. A trick I use is to put the phone in selfie mode and stick it a mirror with insulating tape. That way when you pose you can see the picture the camera will take. Also take video in 4k and move around then take screen grabs in high definition

Post new Message to Thread