Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Ireland

Etiquette

Jump to newest

By *ellable4it OP   Man
over a year ago

Navan

If someome looks at your profile but does not do anything else, no like no comments. What is your assumption and next move.

1. Not interested

2. May be shy

3. Wants you to make the first contact

4. Assume No1 and respectfully leave them be

5. Hound and pester with repeat messages

(It should never be ?? for those who think it is)

Not even asking for a friend, definitely me a Straight male who would like to know.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

If they look only once and don't communicate I just leave them obviously they weren't interested but if I've noticed they looked a few times I'd give a wink see where it goes

By *he SophisticatsCouple
over a year ago

York

They could’ve viewed you by accident too.

A single view doesn’t specify for how long, so either take it as a mistake or simply they’re not interested

By *ellable4it OP   Man
over a year ago

Navan

"If they look only once and don't communicate I just leave them obviously they weren't interested but if I've noticed they looked a few times I'd give a wink see where it goes "

I have just realised the amount of times I must have done it myself after almost automatically clicked on your profile.

By *avana_oh_na_naWoman
over a year ago

Dublin

"If someome looks at your profile but does not do anything else, no like no comments. What is your assumption and next move.

1. Not interested

2. May be shy

Not even asking for a friend, definitely me a Straight male who would like to know. "

I dont think views mean anything, I view people all the time just out of pure nosiness. That said if someone views you and you like the look of them lash them a message. Just one though, if you don't get a response they are just not interested in you!

over a year ago

I wouldn't read into views. Most profiles I view are out of platonic curiosity about someone who has posted something interesting on a thread. I imagine I'm not alone in that.

By *unnitoesWoman
over a year ago

Belfast

I consider them to be browsing as feet pix summon the curious

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 07/07/20 02:31:40]

By *ellable4it OP   Man
over a year ago

Navan

"If someome looks at your profile but does not do anything else, no like no comments. What is your assumption and next move.

1. Not interested

2. May be shy

Not even asking for a friend, definitely me a Straight male who would like to know.

I dont think views mean anything, I view people all the time just out of pure nosiness. That said if someone views you and you like the look of them lash them a message. Just one though, if you don't get a response they are just not interested in you!"

Oh I most definitely one of the one and done message people but I have definitely sent a second one on a couple of occasions but weeks even months apart. I was even one and done with yourself. I was gonna say embarrassingly enough but it am not embarrassed at all by those things. No person can be every other persons type so I accept it and don't be the idiot that keeps sending mail after mail. How of does that happen id be curious to know?

over a year ago

1. Not interested

2. May be shy

Not even asking for a friend, definitely me a Straight male who would like to know. "

Replied to the wrong message there ! Anyway yeah could be any one of them! but wat you got to loose dropping one txt !

By *ireannCplCouple
over a year ago

Suburbs

If a profile viewed us and did not wink/mail then we would assume they are not interested.

EireCpl

By *ildmovementMan
over a year ago

Dublin

I view profiles all the time and don’t message. A lot of the time I’d read the profile and there is some thing on it that I am outside Thor preference like age, or bi or read the profile and go that just ain’t me so I move on. As the saying goes there is someone out there for everyone!

By *ilthyNightsCouple
over a year ago

East / North, Cork

It means you're way too keen and bothered about what links other folks click on the internet

over a year ago

1. Not interested

2. May be shy

No 1 all the way .. they're definitely not one bit Interested after seeing or reading the profile ,there was nothing on it to attract them or to further their attention ..

over a year ago

1. Not interested

2. May be shy

There could be 20 different reasons i think it’s a waste of time trying to pin point why ! Who cares I always try look at it as a positive !

over a year ago

1. Not interested

2. May be shy

No 1 all the way .. they're definitely not one bit Interested after seeing or reading the profile ,there was nothing on it to attract them or to further their attention .."

Could be a simple creep ! Looking way to in to this

By *ustBoWoman
over a year ago

Somewhere in Co. Down

1. Not interested

2. May be shy

Number 4 unless they have looked s lot at you. A lot of times I look because of something said on the forums or an update. Doesn't mean I'm interested in the person. Or even if I was something in their profile may not match what I'm looking for.

It's also the reason tho why a lot if people view in stealth mode so you don't get a lot of messages off someone just be a you have looked at a profile.

By *cottybear74Man
over a year ago

kilkenny

I've had it were people have looked at my profile a good times so I wink or say hi and end up being either ignored or blocked... I don't think there is a correct answer lol.

By *eaAndBenCouple
over a year ago

Dublin

I look at profiles all the time but rarely message single lads as they tend to assume we’re going to jump into bed immediately. I might fab the pix if they are good. I wouldn’t message someone just because they’ve looked at our profile. I assume they’d wink/message if they were interested.

over a year ago

Checked out the profile but not interested

By *ealitybitesMan
over a year ago

Belfast

I get an average of 4 views per day and most of those are from TV/TS or CD members. 95% of fabs are from friends or other men and I can't remember the last time I got a wink from someone I wasn't already talking to so I don't make any assumptions when someone looks at me and therefore don't follow up on it.

over a year ago

I would never assume anything from a view.

But if they catch your eye then its worth sending a message. You have literally nothing to lose

By *ocoWEXMan
over a year ago

Chester

I make no assumptions, I open the profile and if I am interested I send a message.

I like writing messages and I don't think I've ever bothered anyone.

And even if someone did, I honestly wouldn't care.

Why?

I don't write like "Hey wassup, wanna quick bang tonight?".

My shortest opening message will have been 6 lines, and I send 8-10 on average.

Always referribg to pics or bio, everytime kind and polite.

So I put "some" effort into it and I don't regret anything.

And guess what? Even if I didn't write, that profile would still be flooded with dozens of messages, so it wouldn't make any difference, except that of having missed a potential opportunity for no real reason.

I know who I am and how much I am worth, I know what I want and I try to go and get it.

With all the limitations and flaws I have, I nevertheless put all of myself into it.

This is a playground, and so i wanna play.

This is a hunting territory, and so i wanna hunt.

This for me is the real meaning of being "alpha".

By *ornyfireCouple
over a year ago

Middle Earth

No 4. I often look at profiles of the people commenting in forums. And it's just to have a look.

By *ornyfireCouple
over a year ago

Middle Earth

"I get an average of 4 views per day and most of those are from TV/TS or CD members. 95% of fabs are from friends or other men and I can't remember the last time I got a wink from someone I wasn't already talking to so I don't make any assumptions when someone looks at me and therefore don't follow up on it. "

Can't believe that you've got some of the best pictures on fab?!

over a year ago

"I make no assumptions, I open the profile and if I am interested I send a message.

I like writing messages and I don't think I've ever bothered anyone.

And even if someone did, I honestly wouldn't care.

Why?

I don't write like "Hey wassup, wanna quick bang tonight?".

My shortest opening message will have been 6 lines, and I send 8-10 on average.

Always referribg to pics or bio, everytime kind and polite.

So I put "some" effort into it and I don't regret anything.

And guess what? Even if I didn't write, that profile would still be flooded with dozens of messages, so it wouldn't make any difference, except that of having missed a potential opportunity for no real reason.

I know who I am and how much I am worth, I know what I want and I try to go and get it.

With all the limitations and flaws I have, I nevertheless put all of myself into it.

This is a playground, and so i wanna play.

This is a hunting territory, and so i wanna hunt.

This for me is the real meaning of being "alpha"."

All I can think from this post is the effort required to work out the average lines in your mails

By *eralt80Man
over a year ago

cork

"I get an average of 4 views per day and most of those are from TV/TS or CD members. 95% of fabs are from friends or other men and I can't remember the last time I got a wink from someone I wasn't already talking to so I don't make any assumptions when someone looks at me and therefore don't follow up on it. "

I’ve found the same with my own profile. I take it that they are either not interested or just curious and leave it at that.

By *ocoWEXMan
over a year ago

Chester

"All I can think from this post is the effort required to work out the average lines in your mails "

Luckily we are all free to think.

I said what I think and my opinion about the topic of the post.

For the rest sincerely, little Interest or concerne to me.

By *ealitybitesMan
over a year ago

Belfast

"I get an average of 4 views per day and most of those are from TV/TS or CD members. 95% of fabs are from friends or other men and I can't remember the last time I got a wink from someone I wasn't already talking to so I don't make any assumptions when someone looks at me and therefore don't follow up on it.

Can't believe that you've got some of the best pictures on fab?! "

Probably one of the joys of being a man on fab but that's exactly how it is.

By *luebell888Woman
over a year ago

Glasgowish

Maybe they can not message due to filters but if this was not the case i presume they are just looking at pics but do not wish to chat/meet.

By *ustBoWoman
over a year ago

Somewhere in Co. Down

"I get an average of 4 views per day and most of those are from TV/TS or CD members. 95% of fabs are from friends or other men and I can't remember the last time I got a wink from someone I wasn't already talking to so I don't make any assumptions when someone looks at me and therefore don't follow up on it.

Probably one of the joys of being a man on fab but that's exactly how it is. "

Sometimes tho a wink works wonders on here tho especially when the fabs don't

By *ustBoWoman
over a year ago

Somewhere in Co. Down

I’ve found the same with my own profile. I take it that they are either not interested or just curious and leave it at that. "

Don't forget tho Ger a lot of women look in stealth mode

By *ealitybitesMan
over a year ago

Belfast

Sometimes tho a wink works wonders on here tho especially when the fabs don't "

Lucky you

By *ailburkeMan
over a year ago

near you

I just took a look to see what everyone was looking at a d it looks fine ,not in a sexual way

By *uriousVoyeurMan
over a year ago

Northside

No. 1. I look at profiles all the time while reading a forum thread. Kinda helps form an idea of the posters personality and likes. I also enjoy looking at some of the pics of posters I find attractive. I get a few people looking but very rarely get messages,I just assume I'm not what they're looking for or they're just as nosey as me! Or maybe even both!!

By *ustBoWoman
over a year ago

Somewhere in Co. Down

Sometimes tho a wink works wonders on here tho especially when the fabs don't

Lucky you "

thought I was going to have to send a message first even

By *oxyvixen99Woman
over a year ago

Newtownabbey

To be honest I don't really think anything. I look at profiles for lots of reasons

By *ornyfireCouple
over a year ago

Middle Earth

I’ve found the same with my own profile. I take it that they are either not interested or just curious and leave it at that.

Don't forget tho Ger a lot of women look in stealth mode "

Always in stealth mode so I can perve in peace so you can add another 1 to ur 4 Reality

By *oghunter33Woman
over a year ago

on the hill NordWest of

The advantage of not being a paying fab supporter, if it's not there it doesn't bother you. It's a pointless and irritating feature.

over a year ago

No.5 all they way

By *exysam and StuartCouple
over a year ago

over the hills and far away

We have profiles view us several times without messages or even a wink (well no point winking as we rarely check them ) I don't think anything of it at all. Perv away I say

Sam

By *ohndunboyneMan
over a year ago

Dunboyne & Dublin

Was meant to go to bed but this thread led me down a black hole of perving yet again

By *exydoctorsCouple
over a year ago

Galway/Clare

Definitely not 3 lol.

If I look at a profile it's because either they messaged/winked or I read something on the forum that caught my eye.

Usually I won't do anything cos we aren't really up for meeting just now. Sometimes though I'd hot list them for the future and save my fabs for then

By *ellable4it OP   Man
over a year ago

Navan

Well thats the reason I put up the different choices, with No.5 being the only wrong it is clear that there is no correct answer but then thats the point. As long as you are being respectful and not an asshole then all of other answers are a possibility.

Thanks for all your replies and opinions. Your a great bunch overall.

Thank you

By *eebawMan
over a year ago

I would say most people do view profiles out of curiosity or after seeing a verification or a forum post here. If i see someone viewed me that i liked I would bounce them a message nothing to loose by sending a message.

By *rotic desiresWoman
over a year ago

Here and there

I for one look at profiles incognito. If someone does catch my attention I will change my incognito mode to actively viewing a profile so the person may get the impression of interest on my behalf. I realize with the ratio of men to women it is more of a hunting ground for men, but I for one quite enjoy being a hunter too.

In saying that, I do follow up with a wink and even a well written message to introduce myself and usually give the courtesy of attaching a face pic too as I like to know who I am chatting with when I am being approached. In that sense I behave and approach as I would like and expect someone to behave and approach in return!

over a year ago

Probably no,4 but on the other hand its all so a good way to let others know you exsist, like the other member said . Something said here that catches people's imagination.and wants them to see what sort of person you are. When your searching other members are doing the same thing.

By *aid backMan
over a year ago

by a lake with my rod out

If someone is continuously looking at my profile without messaging I just block them

over a year ago

it's good it means the fish is curious but not hooked, waving your rod around might not help, just got to refine things

Post new Message to Thread