Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Ireland

Travelling outside the Pale

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Hi, so this doesn't pertain to the last few months obviously as no one has been meetings. But we looking at profiles I've noticed that the people are the most picky about area and location are people in Dublin. If you're over 30 minutes away then you might as well be in China. Now maybe it's just because I'm a country lad and if you wanted anything back home then you were driving but 30/40 minutes is no time at all.

What do you think?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *oghunter33Woman
over a year ago

on the hill NordWest of

The fabber density is much higher in the city than on the countryside. So why travel when you get the sausages and the buns locally? Also some city folks don't have a car.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

If anything people were breaking social distancing guidelines at the weekend in the city center in Dublin scenes I saw was a discrace for because of it the virus number of cases is going to increase very very quickly, I wouldn't be meeting anyone from Dublin going on what I saw, it's unsafe pubs and the people were at fault.

By *og-ManMan
over a year ago

somewhere

The south and south west of Dublin are very close to Naas and since most meets I'd imagine are at night there's no traffic.

It's probably easier to get to Naas than to cross the city sometimes.

Maybe some people genuinely think its down the country so too far

By *al2001Man
over a year ago

kildare

Kill and naas aren't Dublin

I'd suggest you move to maynooth

By *og-ManMan
over a year ago

somewhere

"Kill and naas aren't Dublin

I'd suggest you move to maynooth"

That's gone over my head...haven't a clue what you mean

over a year ago

I'd say it's a combination of a few things. Yes, some dubs don't have cars cos they don't need them. And in the big shmoke there's a higher density of fabbers so travelling isn't as neccessary as it is for country bumpkins. But I do think that there are some dubs who genuinely don't think life exists outside of the city.

over a year ago

"I'd say it's a combination of a few things. Yes, some dubs don't have cars cos they don't need them. And in the big shmoke there's a higher density of fabbers so travelling isn't as neccessary as it is for country bumpkins. But I do think that there are some dubs who genuinely don't think life exists outside of the city. "

I have to slightly agree and tend to avoid people with mentality of if you're outside my 5 km limit don't bother messaging

By *osmicGateMan
over a year ago

louth

"Hi, so this doesn't pertain to the last few months obviously as no one has been meetings. But we looking at profiles I've noticed that the people are the most picky about area and location are people in Dublin. If you're over 30 minutes away then you might as well be in China. Now maybe it's just because I'm a country lad and if you wanted anything back home then you were driving but 30/40 minutes is no time at all.

What do you think? "

yea ive same problem bulk of the females on this site are in Dublin and they dont like going outside the M50..ah well ce sera sera

By *ocoWEXMan
over a year ago

Chester

I think it's a matter of habits, perspective and comfort.

I have always been used to traveling, both for work to visit customers, and for leisure, being from Milan, and having a friend in Turin, Bologna, Verona, which are 2 or 3 hours away. So it has always been normal to move, and today from Wexford I would go without problems to Galway or Sligo for a few days of vacation.

Obviously for a meeting worthwhile, where there is mutual understanding and strong desire, not for a blank profile who text me for a random bang.

By *ocoWEXMan
over a year ago

Chester

"... bulk of the females on this site are in Dublin and they dont like going outside the M50..."

It's funny when they mark "Can Travel" but then texting, they say they don't want to leave the city.

That's NOT traveling!

Taking a Local Bus is NOT traveling!

You are not in the US where you can make Coast to Coast crossing states and covering 5000 KM!

over a year ago

I have travelled to Belfast, to the Midlands and Dublin for socials and MnG and a few lucky meets in between. The amount of guys when I say where I love oh your so far away. Obviously we have no roads, running water or electricity in the north west.

Post new Message to Thread