Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Ireland

Techno Raves

Jump to newest

By *ohanlon21 OP   Man
over a year ago

K

Any couples or ladies ever go to raves in Ireland ?? Would be class to get a group and all have fun after for something different ! Or anyone that hasn’t experienced the music might want to try something new !

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *aid backMan
over a year ago

by a lake with my rod out

Do they still have raves ?? I've only heard of one or two illegal raves in the past decade. The last actual rave I went to was in the 90s.

By *ohanlon21 OP   Man
over a year ago

K

Well not so many illegal ones, I was mainly talking about the events held in arenas or nightclubs, they’re wicked fun !

By *adylaceWoman
over a year ago

Waterford City

This post makes me feel very old. Haven't been to a rave since the 90s.

By *ohanlon21 OP   Man
over a year ago

K

Did you enjoy them ???

By *adylaceWoman
over a year ago

Waterford City

I had a ball. As far as I can remember. Lol

By *ubcouple35Couple
over a year ago

North Dublin

Open back up the temple theatre

I used to do some Dj'ing back in the day some amazing house parties I still have all of my old vinal I'm always threatening to dust them off again.

We'd love a night out at a rave or old school night somewhere .

By *avidc2019Man
over a year ago

dublin

There does be rave 90s night on temple bar great tunes old school not like todays rubbish worth a look

By *ilthyNightsCouple
over a year ago

East / North, Cork

Was in Englan in the late 90s early 00's and was very much part of all this. Never managed to find much here tho... and now I'm too old

By *ilthyNightsCouple
over a year ago

East / North, Cork

Although was more hard house/trance than techno.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Always wanted to go to proper rave in an abandoned warehouse or isolated field I went to one on a boat once which was very good fun, but that was nearly ten years ago

over a year ago

I would definitely be up for this.. I’d go so far as wanting to be part of the committee for setting it up... Great Idea

By *aid backMan
over a year ago

There probably won't be anything even resembling a rave happening till next year if we are lucky considering nightclubs are not going to open till then.

By *aid backMan
over a year ago

A few years ago there was mention of my throwing a rave themed meet and great but it never happened maybe it's time to revisit the idea for next year

over a year ago

"Open back up the temple theatre

I used to do some Dj'ing back in the day some amazing house parties I still have all of my old vinal I'm always threatening to dust them off again.

We'd love a night out at a rave or old school night somewhere . "

Some serious nights in the TT

The crypt was intense, alot of weight lost in there

over a year ago

If anyone is looking for somthing like this as a night out I'd highly recommend Dali Nightclub in Cork City.. Fish Go Deep always put on a Savage show once a month & you'd always catch some decent old skool acts like kerri chandler and more!

I always look forward to Body & Soul every year @ EP but I've fallen in love with All together Now Festival in Waterford.

By *ohanlon21 OP   Man
over a year ago

K

Savage ! Iv been to the tidy weekender and still am a massive trance fan, some good trance gigs in Dublin!

By *ohanlon21 OP   Man
over a year ago

K

Ya no doubt it will be next year but imagine a swingers rave, would be crazy !

over a year ago

"Ya no doubt it will be next year but imagine a swingers rave, would be crazy !"

This would be a right laugh!

over a year ago

Went to life festival last year and the year before. There was a serious line up it was brilliant. However it doesn't stop so dont expect a power nap in the campsites at nighttime. Best to have that snooze in the car. Otherwise an absolute great dance festival. Was great line-up this year but was cancelled an I was looking foward too it

By *og-ManMan
over a year ago

somewhere

most of ye are too old

( sorry ) but watch out for an event next year called The boxed off festival.

It's on in punchestown and is indoors in a couple of big festival and circus tents

Its also in the main building and its absolutely brilliant for that type of music

I worked it last year and enjoyed it

over a year ago

"most of ye are too old

It's on in punchestown and is indoors in a couple of big festival and circus tents

Its also in the main building and its absolutely brilliant for that type of music

I worked it last year and enjoyed it "

There's no such thing as too old!jesus you'll be ate for saying that.. There plenty of couples in there 60s 70s and still attending events.. Had the pleasure of meeting an Irish couple in there late 50s over in Amsterdam over for a festival (Nothing made but it was all funky disco and house) still in contact with them all the time.

I've actually played at bixed off this last year and it's a brilliant festival!

Ireland is slowly bringing back some good events

By *og-ManMan
over a year ago

somewhere

"most of ye are too old

There's no such thing as too old!jesus you'll be ate for saying that.. There plenty of couples in there 60s 70s and still attending events.. Had the pleasure of meeting an Irish couple in there late 50s over in Amsterdam over for a festival (Nothing made but it was all funky disco and house) still in contact with them all the time.

Ireland is slowly bringing back some good events "

I don't mean anything bad by it but anyone in their 30's and 40's at the festival look like undercover drug cops or security.

Mostly people were in their 20's

over a year ago

"most of ye are too old

I don't mean anything bad by it but anyone in their 30's and 40's at the festival look like undercover drug cops or security.

Mostly people were in their 20's "

Even younger! Another reason why most big ones have been ruined.. I'd love to see people in there 30s 40s at festivals, All together now is a prime example

By *og-ManMan
over a year ago

somewhere

"most of ye are too old

Even younger! Another reason why most big ones have been ruined.. I'd love to see people in there 30s 40s at festivals, All together now is a prime example "

Hopefully ATN makes it back next year because the festivals don't make money in their first few years

over a year ago

"most of ye are too old

Even younger! Another reason why most big ones have been ruined.. I'd love to see people in there 30s 40s at festivals, All together now is a prime example

Hopefully ATN makes it back next year because the festivals don't make money in their first few years "

Ahh they sure will! I can see this being one of the most successful festivals in Ireland! These guys were the original creators of Electric Picnic before they sold it but they sure know what there doing

By *ohanlon21 OP   Man
over a year ago

K

Carl cox in Ireland a couple of years back was mainly over 30’s serious event ! Iv been to boxed off and life and although there is a lot of teeny boppers no one gives a shit what age anyone is to be honest it’s all love!

over a year ago

Carl Cox in ballinlough castle was excellent pity bout the rain but great to blow off the cobwebs

By *eta74Woman
over a year ago

Dublin

We'd love a night out at a rave or old school night somewhere .

"

Temple theater , I'll never forget the underground of that place , the dripping sweat from the ceiling cause they were so low .

They were the proper rave days lol

By *iablo73Couple
over a year ago

Southside

Yes we were massive ravers in the 90's , regulars at System, Shaft, Temple theatre even travelled to ministry of sound and a big aircraft hanger in Munich

By *ohanlon21 OP   Man
over a year ago

K

Unreal the Munich gig must have been deadly

over a year ago

"Yes we were massive ravers in the 90's , regulars at System, Shaft, Temple theatre even travelled to ministry of sound and a big aircraft hanger in Munich

"

Been to somthing like this in Amsterdam as well! Fecking amazing

By *eepimpactMan
over a year ago

Dublin

This place was my church as well as the Red Box,the Kitchen and so many other places.

By *eta74Woman
over a year ago

Dublin

Hell fire club in Dublin mountains still have the odd illegal raves lol

By *eepimpactMan
over a year ago

Dublin

Red Rock was always great but not everyone knew about it

over a year ago

Bagleys, kings cross in london in my twenties, crazy shit

Camden palace also, all the top djs at the time

By *og-ManMan
over a year ago

somewhere

"Hell fire club in Dublin mountains still have the odd illegal raves lol "

Yeah but your car gets robbed while you're at it

Sat on its roof drinking one Good Friday night...fell aslepp and woke up next morning still up there....don't know how

By *iablo73Couple
over a year ago

Southside

Sir Henry's in cork was also a great spot.

By *aiseanagusspraoiMan
over a year ago

city

Best club in Ireland for sure. I still go to Dj nights and always will. I see somewhere say most are here are to old

Why are people to old. House music is my music always will be an if and when we're free again I'll be back at my so called raves

They're more classy these days tho

The only time anyone is to old is when they're dead. Life is for living. I think this virus as proved that

To old my arse

Rant over lol

By *og-ManMan
over a year ago

somewhere

"Best club in Ireland for sure. I still go to Dj nights and always will. I see somewhere say most are here are to old

Why are people to old. House music is my music always will be an if and when we're free again I'll be back at my so called raves

The only time anyone is to old is when they're dead. Life is for living. I think this virus as proved that

To old my arse

Rant over lol"

I did explain I only meant the music festival I work at when the crowd are mainly under 25 and anyone older looks like undercover drug squad

over a year ago

"Sir Henry's in cork was also a great spot. "

Sir Henry's will always be a classic!

Carl Cox, nirvana and the list goes on

over a year ago

"Best club in Ireland for sure. I still go to Dj nights and always will. I see somewhere say most are here are to old

To old my arse

Rant over lol"

over a year ago

Has anyone bin too District 8? I'm yet to give it a shot

over a year ago

"Has anyone bin too District 8? I'm yet to give it a shot "

Brilliant venue! Ive been there loads of times.. Got to play there once as well

By *ellable4itMan
over a year ago

Navan

This post gave me the biggest smile yet from these forums. I still think the Temple Theatre is the best nightclub Ive ever been in. Its wasn't as flash or as big as the Ibiza clubs but it was a perfect layout for a club like that.

I say it was the best ever for me because I have had more of the best nights of my life in there than any other nightclub I will ever have been in.

One of my favourite moments was Mr Spring Tim Hanagan walking through the dance floor with a steel serving tray full of grapes. Sensational

over a year ago

"Has anyone bin too District 8? I'm yet to give it a shot

Brilliant venue! Ive been there loads of times.. Got to play there once as well "

sounds great I definitely should get up there when its all safe to do so. Take it your a dj so? Ha we should all have a rave as they say save-the-rave bunch of swingers in a field speakers out maybe tits out as well and banging tunes. Yeah I'll keep dreaming

over a year ago

PlanetLove was the last proper rave I went to

By *ohanlon21 OP   Man
over a year ago

K

[Removed by poster at 30/06/20 10:39:03]

By *ohanlon21 OP   Man
over a year ago

K

It’s savage, new sound system is 10/10, the place doesn’t have the snobbery that wrights had aswell I highly recommend.

over a year ago

"PlanetLove was the last proper rave I went to "
did you go to the North or the fairyhouse one? I went too the fairyhouse one. Absolutely insane it was that was back in 2008 oh the memories

By *entralscotscpl7Couple
over a year ago

Falkirk

Not so much now lol but we were both into the Rave scene back in the 90s.

Many a weekend oven at Kelly's.

Good memories and some great people.

over a year ago

Happy Days in Sir Henry's in Cork.............got up to all sorts in there & afterwards.... great spot

By *og-ManMan
over a year ago

somewhere

just heard a DJ on the radio say that he's a friend of someome connected to one of the biggest nightclubs in the country and that while the staff are getting paid by the government they'll stay closed....once the payments stop the night club is closing down and won't reopen

I'd imagine a lot are in the same boat

over a year ago

"just heard a DJ on the radio say that he's a friend of someome connected to one of the biggest nightclubs in the country and that while the staff are getting paid by the government they'll stay closed....once the payments stop the night club is closing down and won't reopen

I'd imagine a lot are in the same boat "

Be hard to see any night clubs reopening this year. Think a lot were struggling anyway. Think house parties are going to be the main night outs now. Small gathering where most people know each other.

over a year ago

Boxed off is below par.. average line ups and the sound is dirt.. kids that look about 14.. went with a group of 40 year olds a few years back..

Go to cork, limerick or dublin for good nights in clubs if you are looking for quality music.

over a year ago

"just heard a DJ on the radio say that he's a friend of someome connected to one of the biggest nightclubs in the country and that while the staff are getting paid by the government they'll stay closed....once the payments stop the night club is closing down and won't reopen

I'd imagine a lot are in the same boat

Be hard to see any night clubs reopening this year. Think a lot were struggling anyway. Think house parties are going to be the main night outs now. Small gathering where most people know each other. "

I couldn't agree anymore but the nightclub depends on the place aswell. (Size, population, etc) but I'm definitely calling the next two years " The years of the house parties"

By *imascbottomMan
over a year ago

dublin Laois

Head to Berlin for techno gigs I can recommend a few clubs

By *ubberstablesMan
over a year ago

finglas

Was only talking to a couple of friends of mine about running one into a huge farm shed , buses to pick people up at different points and drop them bk to pickup point afterwards , free alcohol and water all in the price of tickets sold

By *og-ManMan
over a year ago

somewhere

"Was only talking to a couple of friends of mine about running one into a huge farm shed , buses to pick people up at different points and drop them bk to pickup point afterwards , free alcohol and water all in the price of tickets sold "

Serious amount of money required between insurance and paying suppliers upfront

Also can't take place until all restrictions are lifted

By *ilthyNightsCouple
over a year ago

East / North, Cork

"Was only talking to a couple of friends of mine about running one into a huge farm shed , buses to pick people up at different points and drop them bk to pickup point afterwards , free alcohol and water all in the price of tickets sold "

Last time I was at a rave there wasn't a great deal of alcohol consumed

Gotta say this is gonna a be a very tricky event to run as you describe it between security, insurance, licencing, access, etc etc

By *ubberstablesMan
over a year ago

finglas

Cost roughly about 10k without insurance if it’s illegal , between/ alcohol/water/toiletries/ security/buses/first aid personnel/DJ and lighting , wheel barrows to the people back onto the buses when there full of mushy peas

By *og-ManMan
over a year ago

somewhere

"Cost roughly about 10k without insurance if it’s illegal , between/ alcohol/water/toiletries/ security/buses/first aid personnel/DJ and lighting , wheel barrows to the people back onto the buses when there full of mushy peas "

Not trying to piss on you're parade but I'm in one of the industries you mention

Nobody will work without insurance anymore especially without the go ahead from the authorities to have large scale gatherings

By *ilthyNightsCouple
over a year ago

East / North, Cork

It's been done before... but hiring/blagging a club/bar would be a way better idea. They already have most of what youd need sorted on site.

By *ubberstablesMan
over a year ago

finglas

Yea I fully understand where your coming from / but I have done good bit off research into all I mention in the post and all can be done , Iv got a yes from most people Iv approached

By *ubberstablesMan
over a year ago

finglas

Yes your right it can be done only down side to using clubs or bars is Garda can stop it anytime but if your away in the middle of nowhere with no people living on top of the venue 70% of time your safe

over a year ago

I was a full on raver in the 90's time of my life

over a year ago

Kaizer had an emotional experience at a rave once.

Santa Claus was DJ

Mary Poppins was sucking off Adolf Hitler in the corner and at one point someone turned off all the gravity

Immense craic

By *eralt80Man
over a year ago

cork

"Kaizer had an emotional experience at a rave once.

Santa Claus was DJ

Mary Poppins was sucking off Adolf Hitler in the corner and at one point someone turned off all the gravity

Immense craic "

Fear and loathing in Meath

over a year ago

Santa Claus was DJ

Immense craic

Fear and loathing in Meath "

Just loathing

By *inchtrojanMan
over a year ago

Buckingham

[Removed by poster at 14/06/21 00:03:58]

over a year ago

Santa Claus was DJ

Immense craic "

Who is the Kaizer fella?

over a year ago

"Well not so many illegal ones, I was mainly talking about the events held in arenas or nightclubs, they’re wicked fun ! "

Nah not here. Sorry. Places need to close by 2.30 so shit buzz

over a year ago

"most of ye are too old

Mostly people were in their 20's "

Nah not me

over a year ago

Hoping to get to Berlin and either Berghain or Kit Kat once we can travel again, still able for an all-nighter or two at 52 ( i hope)

By *i84Man
over a year ago

clare, limerick, galway

This is a must !!!

By *safunwituMan
over a year ago

Enniscorthy

Recently bought digital decks during the lock down, must be my midlife crisis!!!

Was big time into the dance scene years ago, was into techno, break beat and drum & bass. Have a lot of vinyl from each genre, which I did intend on recording to digital, but decided on buying new tracks. It's a great way to past the time and still get a buzz hearing new tunes.

By *eijaWoman
over a year ago

City Centre

"Hoping to get to Berlin and either Berghain or Kit Kat once we can travel again, still able for an all-nighter or two at 52 ( i hope) "

We had the best night of our lives in KitKat last year just before lockdown... Would love to experience Berghain!!

Not in Ireland I know but the Drumcode/Awakenings Festivals are a must!!

Pity District 8 isn't reopening We saw the Drumcode DJs there in Dec 2019.

Dying to dance again

By *izmo85Man
over a year ago

near border

Tomorrowland is definitely an epic festival. Can't wait to get back to it

By *otlimerickguyMan
over a year ago

liverpool

We should set up a Airbnb techno weekend 2 night thing be sick, I’m into doing myself have a USB controller I play a lot of mark Knight tracks

By *uriousgayguyMan
over a year ago

Ballsbridge

Airbnb weekend sounds like a right job. Or camping somewhere over the summer.

By *safunwituMan
over a year ago

Enniscorthy

Unless the Airbnb place is in the middle of nowhere, I can't really see it as a good thing. People are paranoid out of their heads at the moment and a bunch of auld swinger ravers might be a little bit to suspious. It would have to be a venue, in a field or woods in the middle of nowhere.

By *ust For MeMan
over a year ago

belfast

I dj myself, still produce house and techno tracks, had some success in the past but more a hobby now. Actually working on music now. Would love a proper blow group blow out with fun during and after

over a year ago

Massive grants have been given the past few days and lucky raves have been included.

Hopefully will have dancefloors again by July August

By *inchtrojanMan
over a year ago

Buckingham

Huge free party next weekend msg me for details

Post new Message to Thread