Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Ireland

Holidays abroad

Jump to newest

By *larendon OP   Man
over a year ago

Armagh

When do we all think the likes of a holiday to Spain would be safe - has anyone plans to go away in next few months ?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *hoenix-risingMan
over a year ago

Co.Down

"When do we all think the likes of a holiday to Spain would be safe - has anyone plans to go away in next few months ? "

Nah

By *erchantcopyMan
over a year ago

omagh

When it's safe to go.

By *oghunter33Woman
over a year ago

on the hill NordWest of

There's no guarantee or a save to go until the virus disappears by magic or a vaccine has been found.

By *erchantcopyMan
over a year ago

omagh

What I said.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Think we'll be staying here this year, at least. Lots of mini breaks in the hotels of Ireland for now.

L

By *scouple07Couple
over a year ago

louth, Ireland

I'd go abroad (mr) but probably wont til next year unfortunately. Ireland need to make most of this now and not over charge for hotels like normal

over a year ago

"There's no guarantee or a save to go until the virus disappears by magic or a vaccine has been found. "

This. But as this period of lockdown has shown people are selfish idiots cannot interpret the information they are given, process it and act accordingly. The beaches in Bournemouth and the rest of the UK last week, illegal raves etc. Even the chief medical officer in Scotland and various members of Boris' team have disregarded their own advice. The explosion in booking foreign holidays already. How so people think they're going to get there? It's only last week or so we were told if someone tests positive for covid and you've been in close contact for 15 mins of more you should self isolate from work???? How's that going to work on a plane?

over a year ago

We are due to go on holidays in August, we were hoping it would have been cancelled but so far it's still going ahead.

By *aiseanagusspraoiMan
over a year ago

city

I'm sticking to holidays on thks island.. I'll probably head up north for an extra long wkend asap

over a year ago

I am gonna my on holiday in July. Still plan on going.

By *aiseanagusspraoiMan
over a year ago

city

Hope it works out for you

By *ore of thatMan
over a year ago

skerries

How long are you going for .reason I ask is .

What if you contact virus before you go and are not showing symptoms or get it on the flight .

Personally I would not like to be abroad feeling unwell .

By *oghunter33Woman
over a year ago

on the hill NordWest of

I've no other choice than going on a plane if I want to see my family. The joy of emigrating. Anyhow I haven't booked my flight yet but will in the next few days.

By *P_80Man
over a year ago

Waterford

Hoping to get to Amsterdam for my 40th in October.

From what I've read, the Netherlands is pretty much open again and if I've read right, there's no requirement for self isolating when arriving there.

Just have to wait for Ireland to lift the 2 week self isolation on returning and I'm away.

By *eralt80Man
over a year ago

cork

I don’t think I’d chance travelling abroad before Christmas at the earliest. Even at the best of times I’d usually feel dirty after getting off a flight. Maybe a few road trips around Ireland for the moment.

over a year ago

Kaizer missed out on Spain

The right answer is when a vaccine exists

over a year ago

Apart from the fact that getting into a plane makes zero sense, perhaps it's time to spend our money supporting our own economy.

over a year ago

"I don’t think I’d chance travelling abroad before Christmas at the earliest. Even at the best of times I’d usually feel dirty after getting off a flight. Maybe a few road trips around Ireland for the moment. "

Good idea

By *og-ManMan
over a year ago

somewhere

Maybe someone could set up a Fab Air BnB to help save on accommodation costs as hotel and accommodation costs seem to have sky rocketed

By *eralt80Man
over a year ago

cork

"I don’t think I’d chance travelling abroad before Christmas at the earliest. Even at the best of times I’d usually feel dirty after getting off a flight. Maybe a few road trips around Ireland for the moment.

Good idea "

I’m known to have them every now and again

By *avidc2019Man
over a year ago

dublin

Won’t be going abroad this year but will be taking some weekend breaks around Ireland

By *eminexWoman
over a year ago

some where in outer space

I'll go ...it's so expensive to holiday in Ireland if it wasn't I'd be happy to have a week here...

So come July I'm gonna try and head some where

By *og-ManMan
over a year ago

somewhere

Its the first year that I wont be able to travel to Fiji because of the virus.

All the other years it was because I couldn't afford it.

over a year ago

"Its the first year that I wont be able to travel to Fiji because of the virus.

All the other years it was because I couldn't afford it."

over a year ago

"Maybe someone could set up a Fab Air BnB to help save on accommodation costs as hotel and accommodation costs seem to have sky rocketed

"

I been looking at hotel prices I don't think they that bad. Hudson Bay athlone mid week 112 for a double room that's for July that's pretty decent.

over a year ago

"Maybe someone could set up a Fab Air BnB to help save on accommodation costs as hotel and accommodation costs seem to have sky rocketed

I been looking at hotel prices I don't think they that bad. Hudson Bay athlone mid week 112 for a double room that's for July that's pretty decent."

I agree, and you're supporting Irish jobs, tourism from abroad is pretty much non-existent and our economy relies on it hugely, if we aren't willing to step up and support our own hospitality sector, we will all suffer for it.

By *og-ManMan
over a year ago

somewhere

I been looking at hotel prices I don't think they that bad. Hudson Bay athlone mid week 112 for a double room that's for July that's pretty decent."

I think for couple's and singles it won't be too bad but I believe family accommodation is gone up

By *eralt80Man
over a year ago

cork

"Its the first year that I wont be able to travel to Fiji because of the virus.

All the other years it was because I couldn't afford it."

By *sLittleRedRidingHoodWoman
over a year ago

Magical Forrest

I believe we should all spend our money here at home,this year.

Less chances of a recession and businesses closing.

By *og-ManMan
over a year ago

somewhere

I been looking at hotel prices I don't think they that bad. Hudson Bay athlone mid week 112 for a double room that's for July that's pretty decent.

I agree, and you're supporting Irish jobs, tourism from abroad is pretty much non-existent and our economy relies on it hugely, if we aren't willing to step up and support our own hospitality sector, we will all suffer for it."

Agreed but I think part of the problem will be family's just not having the money to spend in the first place.

I think that a huge number of companies will never re'open and that when the gov payments stop...people won't have a spare penny

over a year ago

I think for couple's and singles it won't be too bad but I believe family accommodation is gone up

"

As a single I've paid for rooms and it's been expensive so as a single it's not that cheap. I paid 100 for a room in the prince of Wales for a night and it was a cupboard.

Airbnb might be better options for families. I know as a single parent family I only managed to go away twice with my son. Could never afford it.

over a year ago

I agree, and you're supporting Irish jobs, tourism from abroad is pretty much non-existent and our economy relies on it hugely, if we aren't willing to step up and support our own hospitality sector, we will all suffer for it."

100%

over a year ago

We were due to go to Turkey in September but have cancelled until next year.

Going to do staycations instead and support our home economy as best we can.

Just back from a week in Mayo and it was very good. We stayed in a house for the week and did trips to beach etc. Shopping local land keeping safe distance. It rained 3 days but 4 x days at various beaches was excellent. The house had super fast broadband and Netflix plus there was loads of other things to do.

We will be spending 10 x days in Wexford in September.....again have house booked.

Most of us like to get away for some heat and sun but surely for this year we need to support our own people.

over a year ago

I agree, and you're supporting Irish jobs, tourism from abroad is pretty much non-existent and our economy relies on it hugely, if we aren't willing to step up and support our own hospitality sector, we will all suffer for it.

Agreed but I think part of the problem will be family's just not having the money to spend in the first place.

I think that a huge number of companies will never re'open and that when the gov payments stop...people won't have a spare penny "

Absolutely, and that situation can only be made worse the more Irish people choose to go abroad rather than holiday at home..

By *og-ManMan
over a year ago

somewhere

"We were due to go to Turkey in September but have cancelled until next year.

Going to do staycations instead and support our home economy as best we can.

Just back from a week in Mayo and it was very good. We stayed in a house for the week and did trips to beach etc. Shopping local land keeping safe distance. It rained 3 days but 4 x days at various beaches was excellent. The house had super fast broadband and Netflix plus there was loads of other things to do.

We will be spending 10 x days in Wexford in September.....again have house booked.

Most of us like to get away for some heat and sun but surely for this year we need to support our own people."

What site do you rent the houses from

I think we tried every house on the dream Ireland site over the years

By *ubcouple35Couple
over a year ago

North Dublin

"

We had to cancel our foreign holiday plans and don't plan to leave ireland until at least next year and we've closed our little Airbnb due to all the cancellations but maybe we could open it back up as a fab Airbnb

By *Sparkie.Man
over a year ago

Ratoath

I've book Centre Parcs, cancelled a S.d un Holiday in Spain, dont believe it's safe yet to travel outside of Ireland.

A staycation is best I believe.

By *og-ManMan
over a year ago

somewhere

We had to cancel our foreign holiday plans and don't plan to leave ireland until at least next year and we've closed our little Airbnb due to all the cancellations but maybe we could open it back up as a fab Airbnb "

Best of luck if you do

By *og-ManMan
over a year ago

somewhere

"I've book Centre Parcs, cancelled a S.d un Holiday in Spain, dont believe it's safe yet to travel outside of Ireland.

A staycation is best I believe."

Is centre parks very expensive compared to other places

over a year ago

A weekend in a remote location on a west Cork island with like minded fabbers would be bliss.

By *areass2017Man
over a year ago

east coast

I’ve got a booked trip to the Canaries in late August. Don’t really want to go but if these air bridges are opened will I have a choice?

By that I mean, my holiday is all paid up, if I choose not to go I’m probably going to lose all monies paid, do I have a choice to move the holiday?

By *j47Man
over a year ago

limerick

"I’ve got a booked trip to the Canaries in late August. Don’t really want to go but if these air bridges are opened will I have a choice?

By that I mean, my holiday is all paid up, if I choose not to go I’m probably going to lose all monies paid, do I have a choice to move the holiday?"

Contact your travel agent they are bending over backwards to accomodate people

over a year ago

That’s what I’m working on, need bloody electrician to hurry up and come

By *he SophisticatsCouple
over a year ago

Casa Del Fun

We are skipping things this year, aiming for a trip next year (Not taking any chances). Hopefully there will be some kind of ‘normality’ by April/May 21. At least it’s something to aim for

By *oghunter33Woman
over a year ago

on the hill NordWest of

I want to see my parents, so I've no choice but going on a plane. Not too worried though, it's not travel destination where millions go to get a sun burn and pissed in the evening.

By *appytoadsCouple
over a year ago

West Dublin

Government need to make decision and then police that decision. We have trip to Rhodes in Sept, by all accounts Greece and especially the islands are clear of covid. However if flights are flying we will lose our money if we don't travel. Reading the mails above and people are prepared to stay here is quiet admiral, I don't fancy staying here in this type of weather. If you feel safe to travel then go. I for one wont be judging people.

By *uietcpl2Couple
over a year ago

Dublin City

We were due to be in Spain in July and New York in Aug but not going to either so next week holidaying in Cork and West Cork and a few weeks later will be Sligo and Donegal for another week .

Gran Cananary booked for Oct and Nov so lets see if this happens

over a year ago

We were due to go to gran canaria this month. It was going ahead but we cancelled ourselves put it back till next year. We are going to kerry in august and most likely will have a few long weekends around ireland. Would not want to go abroad this year.

By *irewolffMan
over a year ago

Dublin

All foregin travel for us we cancelled for this year.

I even cancelled Centre Parcs for Aug. Will try and get somethinf maybe for a long weekend. We are getting a puppy though in Aug so he will take up our time and attention.

MsD

over a year ago

To be honest I'd have no issue with people travelling if I thought there was any hope that everyone would stick to the 14day isolation after...

But we all know that at least half of them would book a week off work not 3 and be back mingling again straight away.

These would be the poeple ignoring all social distancing rules as it is so they would be doing the same at their holiday destination.

Its basically a recipe for disaster

over a year ago

"Government need to make decision and then police that decision. We have trip to Rhodes in Sept, by all accounts Greece and especially the islands are clear of covid. However if flights are flying we will lose our money if we don't travel. Reading the mails above and people are prepared to stay here is quiet admiral, I don't fancy staying here in this type of weather. If you feel safe to travel then go. I for one wont be judging people."

Why are you looking for the Government to make every decision?

You know the risks, youre an adult and you live by (and some will die by) your decisions.

At times like this it amazes me that so many adults need to be told what to do.

By *irdnBorisMan
over a year ago

meath

To be honest why would people even think about going on holiday this year its not safe to do so i had planned few trips as well but not a hope this year possibly next year if its safe to do so will see in new year spain is on lockdown again and few other countries and only matter of time before it hits most countries again

By *he English OneMan
over a year ago

west

"When do we all think the likes of a holiday to Spain would be safe - has anyone plans to go away in next few months ? "

It wouldn't cross my mind to go anywhere outside the country this year you will be walking a minefield anywhere abroad

By *ueenbeetipp43Woman
over a year ago

tipperary

There's a group of us from fab booked to go to PDI on the 21st of january. Hopefully all is good in the hood by then.

By *lavemale66Man
over a year ago

Carlow

"Government need to make decision and then police that decision. We have trip to Rhodes in Sept, by all accounts Greece and especially the islands are clear of covid. However if flights are flying we will lose our money if we don't travel. Reading the mails above and people are prepared to stay here is quiet admiral, I don't fancy staying here in this type of weather. If you feel safe to travel then go. I for one wont be judging people.

Why are you looking for the Government to make every decision?

You know the risks, youre an adult and you live by (and some will die by) your decisions.

At times like this it amazes me that so many adults need to be told what to do. "

Spot on.

There has been a significant increase in travel related cases in recent times, anyone that is thinking of going out of the country needs to consider the greater good and cancel.

Wouldn't it be better to loose some money rather than get ill or have someone else get ill because of your self centred interest? There's too much of the mé féin and fuck everyone else attitude in this country.

Post new Message to Thread