Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Ireland

Pagan orgies

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Did you know, it was traditional in pagan time , that after a plague a huge orgy for the entire town was held!!!! Some things never change!!!

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

When was Pagan Time?

By *olm_irishMan
over a year ago

Clonee

"When was Pagan Time?"

Lol... pre- covid I reckon!!

over a year ago

Never rated religion anyway....

By *cottybear74Man
over a year ago

kilkenny

All praise krom

over a year ago

Actually I just searched this up lol.

Accordingly some pagans did it. Not all. Something to do with different factions of pagans. Dare I be blunt it sounds like these were cults.

Can you imagine a group of 50 / 100 people all getting in an orgy??? Lol. Like living and working together. Getting married and having families. It wouldn't work out. All the old guys would be trying to shag some guys hot young daughter lol.

I'm sure the leader of the group has his pick first. Funny eh?

By *lassy lady 216Woman
over a year ago

Craigavon

Maybe you should organise one then op

By *ORDERMANMan
over a year ago

wrexham

Living and sleeping together in a community happened not that long ago in history...not talking about communes..

Remember the scene in dancing with wolves when they get it together to make love in the communal teepee or wigwam...

By *ifestooshort9999Couple
over a year ago

Dublin

Not exactly taught well by our mostly catholic schools but pre-christian times was right up our street.

For example, and this will pretty much tell you all you need to know, at the Hill of Tara you will find the ceremonial falic stone still standing, in the shape of a penis. This was the centre peace to a festival called "feis na Teamhair" when considering the word feis = intercourse, this basically translates to "the mating of Tara". In other words it was a big fecking annual orgy centred around pleasing the powers that be so that lands and people would be fertile for the coming year and the people prosperous.

This was such a huge part of our pre christian culture that when monks did try to convert us they had to use things like shieela-na-gigs to bring us to their side! Sheela-na-gigs are stone sculpted statues in early churches that depicted woman with their legs wide open screaming with joy. You can still see many of these statues all around ireland and in the national museum.

Yes, our ancestors were pretty feckin kinky!

By *ORDERMANMan
over a year ago

wrexham

Must be in the DNA as the few irish women I've encountered are certainly kinky..

Not the demure religiously constrained I was expecting..

Perceptions..

over a year ago

"Maybe you should organise one then op "
oh I have !!!!as soon as it’s safe date is not yet set !!! But the winter solstice I think will be out due to normal flu season .... so maybe the spring equinox on Friday March 20th might be better!!!!! As another poster has said about the hill of Tara .... far too cold !!!!! Nice club or hotel event might be better !!!!

over a year ago

"Not exactly taught well by our mostly catholic schools but pre-christian times was right up our street.

For example, and this will pretty much tell you all you need to know, at the Hill of Tara you will find the ceremonial falic stone still standing, in the shape of a penis. This was the centre peace to a festival called "feis na Teamhair" when considering the word feis = intercourse, this basically translates to "the mating of Tara". In other words it was a big fecking annual orgy centred around pleasing the powers that be so that lands and people would be fertile for the coming year and the people prosperous.

This was such a huge part of our pre christian culture that when monks did try to convert us they had to use things like shieela-na-gigs to bring us to their side! Sheela-na-gigs are stone sculpted statues in early churches that depicted woman with their legs wide open screaming with joy. You can still see many of these statues all around ireland and in the national museum.

Yes, our ancestors were pretty feckin kinky! "

My goodness that explains why I was awful naughty one afternoon with a fireman on the Hill of Tara. I demanded he show me his hose

By *imTMan
over a year ago

Up the road, down the road,

" This was the centre peace to a festival called "feis na Teamhair" when considering the word feis = intercourse, this basically translates to "the mating of Tara". In other words it was a big fecking annual orgy centred around pleasing the powers that be so that lands and people would be fertile for the coming year and the people prosperous.

"

So that's what a Feis Ceol or Feis Rinca are about!

By *yesgreenMan
over a year ago

north and south

" This was the centre peace to a festival called "feis na Teamhair" when considering the word feis = intercourse, this basically translates to "the mating of Tara". In other words it was a big fecking annual orgy centred around pleasing the powers that be so that lands and people would be fertile for the coming year and the people prosperous.

So that's what a Feis Ceol or Feis Rinca are about!"

I bet you got to see his whole entire engine

over a year ago

"When was Pagan Time?"

Now?

By *imTMan
over a year ago

Up the road, down the road,

"When was Pagan Time?

Now? "

Hopefully

over a year ago

Dublin

"

My goodness that explains why I was awful naughty one afternoon with a fireman on the Hill of Tara. I demanded he show me his hose "

Haha you will have to tell me more about that another time!

over a year ago

Dublin

"

So that's what a Feis Ceol or Feis Rinca are about!"

Or in politics today, a parties annual meeting is called an "ard feis" lol, could you imagine!!

Today "feis" has various meanings like a gathering, which explains above. The word still has sexual meaning today though, for example "feisí leat" means fuck you, or literally "fuck yourself"!!

over a year ago

Indeed the Druids were akin to pre Christian Priests aka Pagans and while their practices may seem extraordinary they were in fact based on fate.

over a year ago

"

So that's what a Feis Ceol or Feis Rinca are about!

Or in politics today, a parties annual meeting is called an "ard feis" lol, could you imagine!!

Today "feis" has various meanings like a gathering, which explains above. The word still has sexual meaning today though, for example "feisí leat" means fuck you, or literally "fuck yourself"!! "

considering a Irish phrase was “ lamh gra “ ... love of the hand .. it must account for a lot of politicians ... w***...... am to polite to finish

By *ratos87Man
over a year ago

Galway

If that's what must be done to save the world count me in

By *wellMan
over a year ago

enfield/kinnegad

All religions pagan or otherwise are cults.

By *eaAndBenCouple
over a year ago

Dublin

"All religions pagan or otherwise are cults."

Just some are more fun than others!

By *wellMan
over a year ago

enfield/kinnegad

Ah I dunno. The cult where they have that lad nailed up to bits of wood, that's a bit harsh I think. Where's the fun in that?

By *wellMan
over a year ago

enfield/kinnegad

[Removed by poster at 03/07/20 12:49:54]

By *wellMan
over a year ago

enfield/kinnegad

The ceremonial stone is the Lia Fail. The Stone of Destiny. Its purpose to determine the rightful King. Feis relates to the word Intercourse, but does not equal it. Intercourse meaning in its correct usage, to deal or communicate between people. The Feis at Tara was primarily used to reinforce, or update and add to the laws of the land. These updates etc, inter-coursed and agreed upon by the high and mighty of the times. 'Intercourse' basically means to converse with one or many. 'Sexual Intercourse'....self explanatory!

Sheela-na-gigs gives the Irish slang word for Vagina (gee) They are not unique to Ireland, they are found in parts of Europe, with many predating the Irish ones.

over a year ago

Dublin

"The ceremonial stone is the Lia Fail. The Stone of Destiny. Its purpose to determine the rightful King. Feis relates to the word Intercourse, but does not equal it. Intercourse meaning in its correct usage, to deal or communicate between people. The Feis at Tara was primarily used to reinforce, or update and add to the laws of the land. These updates etc, inter-coursed and agreed upon by the high and mighty of the times. 'Intercourse' basically means to converse with one or many. 'Sexual Intercourse'....self explanatory!

Sheela-na-gigs gives the Irish slang word for Vagina (gee) They are not unique to Ireland, they are found in parts of Europe, with many predating the Irish ones."

So just like I said, only you added the Christian use for it, which is post pagan so irrelevant!

When Christian's came along they reinvented the festival and its meanings to suit their own agenda.

By *wellMan
over a year ago

enfield/kinnegad

Not really. Tara and the Lia Fail are pre Christian, as is the word Intercourse.

over a year ago

Dublin

"Not really. Tara and the Lia Fail are pre Christian, as is the word Intercourse."

Yes, but you just gave the christian meaning and usage for them!

By *wellMan
over a year ago

enfield/kinnegad

It is a striking stone, depending on what sound the stone made when it was struck by the sword or staff of the proposed monarch. Druids were present at every inauguration to determine if the sound was true, to declare the king valid. All of that is pre christian.

By *easingTimMan
over a year ago

Loughlinstown

"Did you know, it was traditional in pagan time , that after a plague a huge orgy for the entire town was held!!!! Some things never change!!!"

--------------

Well, I do know "The 12 Days of Saturnalia" was a complete shagathon but didn't know that about a plague. It could be a runner eventually alright to commemorate the 2020 famous FAB famine at some stage...

Post new Message to Thread