Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Ireland

Social for keyworkers

Jump to newest

By *lassy lady 216 OP   Woman
over a year ago

Craigavon

Hi im a looking to hold a social for all keyworkers once the current situation is eased or lifted just wondering if we have any budding musicians on here that would be willing to give there time for free am looking at sept but if things are lifted before then could possibly be july thankyou

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

What a great idea. X

over a year ago

Craigavon

Thankyou you will be more than welcome to attend if you wish

over a year ago

"Thankyou you will be more than welcome to attend if you wish "

Thanks of the date suits I'll definitely be up for it.

over a year ago

Craigavon

Will keep you informed looking at sept but if things are lifted before that possibly then july have someone that knows the owner of a hotel looking to see if he would be willing to help me out lol

over a year ago

What a fantastic thoughtful idea

Yes they certainly need to be rewarded for all their good work over this rough & tough time

They too are only human and deserve recognition from the public

Something they won’t get from the authorities

Well done OP

over a year ago

Top idea good on you.

over a year ago

"Hi im a looking to hold a social for all keyworkers once the current situation is eased or lifted just wondering if we have any budding musicians on here that would be willing to give there time for free am looking at sept but if things are lifted before then could possibly be july thankyou "

Great idea

over a year ago

Craigavon

Thankyou all you are all of course welcome to come if any of you are keyworkers will be in touch when i have more details

By *ilthyNightsCouple
over a year ago

East / North, Cork

It's a kind idea.. but socials are kind of a more the merrier thing I think. If you want to say thanks to a key worker than they would probably prefer a fuck

over a year ago

" they would probably prefer a fuck "

Yes. Sex me.

Although we'll probably be all too knackered.

By *ilthyNightsCouple
over a year ago

East / North, Cork

Lol. There should be a "Volunteer to fuck a key worker" thread.

( I run a small food business so as a food manufacturer I am technically considered a key worker )

By *ortadowncplCouple
over a year ago

Portadown

She’s NHS but I’m not a key worker however I am spending all day every day printing PPE for the local hospital, does that count??

over a year ago

"She’s NHS but I’m not a key worker however I am spending all day every day printing PPE for the local hospital, does that count??"

Surely counts for oral at least I should think.

over a year ago

"Lol. There should be a "Volunteer to fuck a key worker" thread.

( I run a small food business so as a food manufacturer I am technically considered a key worker )"

Considering your a must required key worker and good on you .

Are you able to open up lockdown ?? Lol

By *ord Willy McFuck-BucketMan
over a year ago

newcastle

"Hi im a looking to hold a social for all keyworkers once the current situation is eased or lifted just wondering if we have any budding musicians on here that would be willing to give there time for free am looking at sept but if things are lifted before then could possibly be july thankyou "
I like your optimism with July, hope you are right

over a year ago

"It's a kind idea.. but socials are kind of a more the merrier thing I think. If you want to say thanks to a key worker than they would probably prefer a fuck "

Lol I certainly would

By *antra MassageMan
over a year ago

Old bog road

Great idea. I'll bring my massage table.

over a year ago

"Great idea. I'll bring my massage table. "

Oh I'll definitely be there than

over a year ago

Craigavon

It doesnt always have to be about sex why cant someone just do something nicw for others without people putting the idea down the government certainly arent going to do anything to show us how much we are appreciated and yes _ortadowncpl you would both be very welcome

over a year ago

I am a truck driver

I am dealing with the public all day

Would I be classed as a keyworker

My job is essential

over a year ago

I don’t get this hero mentality around frontline staff .

It’s their job that they are paid to do and it still has to be done regardless what’s happening in the world and before anyone gives out I am one of these frontline staff that’s still working

over a year ago

"I don’t get this hero mentality around frontline staff .

It’s their job that they are paid to do and it still has to be done regardless what’s happening in the world and before anyone gives out I am one of these frontline staff that’s still working

"

Where's the hero mentality in this thread? Op offered to organise a social for key workers.

Plenty of people still working that aren't directly Frontline.

By *ortadowncplCouple
over a year ago

Portadown

For the most part it’s not the front line staff thinking of themselves as hero’s. There is a clear and present danger, so much so that the government has allowed and advised the public to stay at home to avoid this danger. Front line and key workers have been told that they must expose themselves to this danger in order to keep society and emergency services functioning.

Unless you signed up for it like an oil rig worker, farmer or firefighter, exposing yourself to danger that other people are being protected from is not just doing your job.

I see nothing wrong with recognising key and front line workers (I’m not one, I’m safe in my house).

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 30/04/20 09:37:43]

over a year ago

"I don’t get this hero mentality around frontline staff .

"

I completely understand what you're saying even though you're probably taking Facebook etc into account.

Theres a big difference between appreciation and hero and the latter is definitely overused here.

It's a trend to do it now so the attention seekers on Facebook will be out in force .

Let's not go off topic on the thread though.

over a year ago

Here meaning the current situation, not the thread...

over a year ago

It has to be said tho if such a event was to be planned you would get people saying they were frontline when they weren't on here.

"I was a male nurse in tallaght hospital"

"I worked for the local council providing support for those who were elderly"

"I worked at a facility that washed contaminated medical linen"

Etc.

When something can be abused, it will be abused.

Look towards the United States and how they treat their defense forces. With respect, a handshake and a thank you for your service.

Yet there is a thing called stolen Valor. People walking around in full army fatigue who never once joined any defense force. Terrible huh? Take the kudos without the work.

So if that happens... Then yeah. You can see my point above.

over a year ago

"It has to be said tho if such a event was to be planned you would get people saying they were frontline when they weren't on here.

Etc.

Look towards the United States and how they treat their defense forces. With respect, a handshake and a thank you for your service.

Yet there is a thing called stolen Valor. People walking around in full army fatigue who never once joined any defense force. Terrible huh? Take the kudos without the work.

"

Have that in all walks of life. Been involved in clubs as a volunteer over years and watched members in the club never do a day's work but yet their picture on the paper , the one been thanked etc.

Op suggested a social at end of day be nice if happens , that's all that matters in the grand scheme of things.

over a year ago

"It has to be said tho if such a event was to be planned you would get people saying they were frontline when they weren't on here.

Etc.

"

Well I wouldn't be thanking any of my friends in the defence forces here . They did it for the quick paycheck and permanent job and couldn't give a crap about the country like the majority of them - going by first hand experience.

over a year ago

Etc.

Well I wouldn't be thanking any of my friends in the defence forces here . They did it for the quick paycheck and permanent job and couldn't give a crap about the country like the majority of them - going by first hand experience."

Oh totally. I've talked to a few lads in the army over the years. It's just a job.

Same for the Americans. Just a job. But the Americans love their fake patriotism. Lol.

over a year ago

Etc.

Have that in all walks of life. Been involved in clubs as a volunteer over years and watched members in the club never do a day's work but yet their picture on the paper , the one been thanked etc.

Op suggested a social at end of day be nice if happens , that's all that matters in the grand scheme of things. "

I know.

Maybe I'm just the dark horse of the thread but if it were to happen it would get spoiled.

You know yourself. 100s of lads sending messages lying and saying they were front line as they would think "might be on for a ride at it" lol.

over a year ago

Etc.

Op suggested a social at end of day be nice if happens , that's all that matters in the grand scheme of things.

I know.

Maybe I'm just the dark horse of the thread but if it were to happen it would get spoiled.

You know yourself. 100s of lads sending messages lying and saying they were front line as they would think "might be on for a ride at it" lol.

"

Sure they do that anyway that's not going to change

over a year ago

How has a positive thread gone so negative??. I am classed as an essential worker because of my job in national transport.Im not looking to gain from it, just glad to be working. Well done OP, great idea.

By *andytownMan
over a year ago

Gods Own Country

"How has a positive thread gone so negative??. I am classed as an essential worker because of my job in national transport.Im not looking to gain from it, just glad to be working. Well done OP, great idea."

Exactly this... So many people atm are looking to knock people down and spread their negative thoughts.

Just chill out and take the post and suggestion that it was meant to be used for, well done to the op

over a year ago

By the way OP, be glad to help re social. Cant pm hou though as Im outside your age range.

over a year ago

Craigavon

You can message me now mrnotsoshy i have changed my filters lol

over a year ago

Craigavon

Just home for another 12hr shift on the front line and i have to sag i am very disappointed with the amount of negativity about thus post so mucg so i am seriously thinking of taking it down i am not trying to play the hero or big myself up as anyone who truly knows me knows im not like that im actually quite a shy person all i was trying to do was to give people something to look forward to during these dark uncertain times and to show my appreciation for other keyworkers and im sorry i know its my job and im getting paid for it but i didnt sign up to work under these conditions when i started out 20yrs ago no one did so i think we do deserve a little bit of heroism i dont see too many non keyworkers volunteering to put themselves in the firing line why would they when they can sit in there nice warm houses and get 80% of there wages so that is all u have to say on the subject anyone who would like to come to my socual is more than welcome and to the doubters or negative people just keep your opinions to yourself thanks

over a year ago

"Just home for another 12hr shift on the front line and i have to sag i am very disappointed with the amount of negativity about thus post so mucg so i am seriously thinking of taking it down i am not trying to play the hero or big myself up as anyone who truly knows me knows im not like that im actually quite a shy person all i was trying to do was to give people something to look forward to during these dark uncertain times and to show my appreciation for other keyworkers and im sorry i know its my job and im getting paid for it but i didnt sign up to work under these conditions when i started out 20yrs ago no one did so i think we do deserve a little bit of heroism i dont see too many non keyworkers volunteering to put themselves in the firing line why would they when they can sit in there nice warm houses and get 80% of there wages so that is all u have to say on the subject anyone who would like to come to my socual is more than welcome and to the doubters or negative people just keep your opinions to yourself thanks "
Dont mind the begrudgers OP.As I said above, too many peeps are being overly negative. Im an essential worker on nights and not looking for a pat on the back. Just want to get on with my life. Not whinge

By *oboyMan
over a year ago

town

And again the musician gets shafted, hasn't played for months then expected to do a free gig?

Totally out of order, have a whiP round or offer them something

Stop taking the pics out off musicians

Post new Message to Thread