Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Ireland

A Mother's Son

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

If you watched this and know the story line. If you where in the Mothers position what would you do, if it was your son ?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Here we go again Norn Iron people on a sex website talking about politics!! Have ye fuck all else in your lives up there? Are you that devoid as a people that the only thing you talk about is the past?

By *andytownMan
over a year ago

Gods Own Country

"Here we go again Norn Iron people on a sex website talking about politics!! Have ye fuck all else in your lives up there? Are you that devoid as a people that the only thing you talk about is the past? "

Devoid as a people??

Seriously....

over a year ago

Seriously.... Born and bred in Fermanagh so I know what I'm talking about.

By *unnitoesWoman
over a year ago

Belfast

"Here we go again Norn Iron people on a sex website talking about politics!! Have ye fuck all else in your lives up there? Are you that devoid as a people that the only thing you talk about is the past? "

Politics? What are you on about? It's an ITV drama about a mother who suspects her teenage son may be involved in the murder of a teenage girl not at all political moreso a moral dilemma

over a year ago

"Seriously.... Born and bred in Fermanagh so I know what I'm talking about."

I can see what you had for lunch last week

over a year ago

My mistake I thought it was the hunger strike movie he was talking about... I'm morto now

By *andytownMan
over a year ago

Gods Own Country

"Here we go again Norn Iron people on a sex website talking about politics!! Have ye fuck all else in your lives up there? Are you that devoid as a people that the only thing you talk about is the past?

Politics? What are you on about? It's an ITV drama about a mother who suspects her teenage son may be involved in the murder of a teenage girl not at all political moreso a moral dilemma "

Correct.... But don't let the bigoted person from Rathcool tell you any different ??????

By *og-ManMan
over a year ago

somewhere

At present 99% of people on here have fuck all else in their lives to be fair

Since the shutdown a huge amount of topics has been covered in the forums .

The OP has asked about a particular and asked for a discussion on it

You could have been polite instead of belittling him and people from NI in general.

Why bother being that rude

over a year ago

Havent heard of it....i thought it was the film with Helen Mirren in it for a minute...Some Mothers Son

over a year ago

You seem to be mixing it up with Some Mother's son, anyway the man can start a thread about what he want's

People like to discuss thing's other than sex too

By *unnitoesWoman
over a year ago

Belfast

"My mistake I thought it was the hunger strike movie he was talking about... I'm morto now "

Still....it was a very aggressive outburst, judgemental and derogatory

over a year ago

Getting back to topic

As a mother I would be heartbroken, but think I would do the same, the outcome would be much worse if you tried to conceal the evidence

And to live with the knowledge that another mother has lost her child

That knowledge would eat you up mentally

So yes I would want my son to hand himself over to the police

By *andytownMan
over a year ago

Gods Own Country

"Getting back to topic

As a mother I would be heartbroken, but think I would do the same, the outcome would be much worse if you tried to conceal the evidence

And to live with the knowledge that another mother has lost her child

That knowledge would eat you up mentally

So yes I would want my son to hand himself over to the police "

This

over a year ago

It's one of those situations where it's impossible to know what you would do IMHO.

By *ashy85Man
over a year ago

Waterford

Coming from the man with Foggy Dew as his name hahahahaha

over a year ago

Never heard about it until now.

But after reading it yeah it's messed up.

It's not a clean cut answer too. Many variables. Should you ruin his life? What if you do nothing and another killing takes place? Etc etc.

Sorry to be the dark horse of the thread but I say stuff like this has happened an amount that cannot be measured over the times. Not just mother's covering for sons, brothers for brothers, wife for husband (family for family)

A lot of Skelton's and a lot of closets out there. If you had a magic wand to expose them we'd be all shocked.

over a year ago

"It's one of those situations where it's impossible to know what you would do IMHO. "

The role was played incredibly well by Hermione Harris. Every scene she depicted was very believable.

As a man I admired Martin Clunes' character's choices and ultimate actions.

over a year ago

To answer the Op's question if I had a son that was capable of sexual violence against another person I would want him locked up. I don't believe any amount of councelling or rehabilitation can cure them of that sick urge if it's there

over a year ago

"My mistake I thought it was the hunger strike movie he was talking about... I'm morto now "

Total ball bag !! I think that says it all about you lol

By *aywhatnowMan
over a year ago

North County

"To answer the Op's question if I had a son that was capable of sexual violence against another person I would want him locked up. I don't believe any amount of councelling or rehabilitation can cure them of that sick urge if it's there"

By *j47Man
over a year ago

limerick

One of the most compelling things i watched this year as a father i asked myself if i was in her position what would i do. Honestly think you may think ud do the morally correct thing and advise him to gives him self up but realistly i don't know

over a year ago

"One of the most compelling things i watched this year as a father i asked myself if i was in her position what would i do. Honestly think you may think ud do the morally correct thing and advise him to gives him self up but realistly i don't know

I think the same. Really don't know what I'd do.

"

over a year ago

Says he with a historically republican name!

over a year ago

Eh that “some mothers son”

Now don’t you feel stupid

By *he English OneMan
over a year ago

west

This guy is the prime example of people that don't read into things before jumping to conclusions

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 24/04/20 00:59:43]

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 24/04/20 00:59:52]

over a year ago

I would sit my kid down and we have a chat , cry , hold each other, like our world has just came down on us , time to talk, what you done I can not except this we as a family will get true this , but now time to face up for your actions, me been strong but I wish I could change places with my child right now , if that was my kid , goldie just my inbut

Post new Message to Thread