Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Introductions

Is my profile the problem

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Hi all, Is it common to get likes and winks but yet not get replies to messages? I’ve tried different approaches, nothing seems to work. Are testimonials the key? No one wants to be the first? More pictures? I’m not willing to have a public face picture but state I’m willing to send one, any advice or criticism welcome.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *revaunanceCouple
over a year ago

Exeter

You have a nice body, which may explain why people are drawn to your profile in the first place, but once they get there there is nothing worth seeing.

You should consider adding some more pictures and beefing out your blurb. Most advice is generic, just scan through the million other profile advice threads and see how much of it applies to you. You might be very surprised.

Getting fabs and winks, but not replies is commonplace. But if it is happening all the time then perhaps you need to change your approach, as there must be something in your initial message that is turning people away.

Don't stress though, if it happens it happens, if not never mind.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Not hiding your profile would be a start...

By *ilkenWoman
over a year ago

Manchester

"Not hiding your profile would be a start..."

Just thinking the same.

By *ess n BenCouple
over a year ago

Didcot

Yes not a good start

over a year ago

Well I’ve hidden my profile because I’m debating if this place is for me, I have had some private messages and see that I have a piss poor profile now, I may redo it but so far I’ve done well just on tinder and that’s free lol

Anyway thanks for all advice given it is appreciated

over a year ago

"Well I’ve hidden my profile because I’m debating if this place is for me, I have had some private messages and see that I have a piss poor profile now, I may redo it but so far I’ve done well just on tinder and that’s free lol

Anyway thanks for all advice given it is appreciated "

Fab is free, too, nobody forces you to be site supporter. But if you're happy elsewhere, just go there.

By *JCouple
over a year ago

Teesside

"Well I’ve hidden my profile because I’m debating if this place is for me, I have had some private messages and see that I have a piss poor profile now, I may redo it but so far I’ve done well just on tinder and that’s free lol

Anyway thanks for all advice given it is appreciated "

Do you have a face picture on Tinder? I thought you kinda have to have a face picture to use Tinder for the whole swipe right / left system. If your face is ok to display there why not on here? Or at least in your private pictures so you can send it via messages.

KJ

over a year ago

Anyway thanks for all advice given it is appreciated

Do you have a face picture on Tinder? I thought you kinda have to have a face picture to use Tinder for the whole swipe right / left system. If your face is ok to display there why not on here? Or at least in your private pictures so you can send it via messages.

KJ

"

Yes I only have face pictures on tinder, I do have face pictures on friends only, but I don’t send a face picture with first message as it defeats the purpose of keeping this private, Folkestone is a small place and I have kids to consider, and with my job I have costumers to consider too, you can never tell how some may react if word gets about.

I have redone my profile, yet to add more pics but will do that soon, hope to hear I’ve done better this time lol

By *ollydoesWoman
over a year ago

Shangri-La

It is a small town yes but I've never had a problem. Youd be surprised how many locals are on here. If they do see you...means they are also on here anyway, and most of us have jobs and children and the rest. I always want a face pic in the 1st or 2nd message.

over a year ago

"It is a small town yes but I've never had a problem. Youd be surprised how many locals are on here. If they do see you...means they are also on here anyway, and most of us have jobs and children and the rest. I always want a face pic in the 1st or 2nd message. "

I don’t have a problem with producing a face but if I’m the one making first contact I won’t attach it, if I get a reply then I usually do if the reply is positive, also I work with guys that would find it hilariously funny to WhatsApp a nude pic of myself around the whole firm as they know of this site and that I’m on here which is why I’m hesitant to make them public

Updated my profile now, with a couple more pics

By *ollydoesWoman
over a year ago

Shangri-La

Much better. Like the pics.

over a year ago

You say what you want but what can you offer? Few more pics but well done on the lack of dick pics as I think women appreciate that. Good luck.

over a year ago

"You say what you want but what can you offer? Few more pics but well done on the lack of dick pics as I think women appreciate that. Good luck."

What can I offer? Do you mean dick size? I have said I’m willing to explore and try new things but other than that the male anatomy pretty much performs equally right? Or am I missing your point? Sorry please don’t take that as argumentative, genuinely intrigued by your saying I lack to say what I’m offering

I’ve always got some dark chocolate in the fridge

over a year ago

"Much better. Like the pics. "

Thank you for the complement and positive on the new profile x

over a year ago

Is it just me or does it seem to be full of fake accounts??

over a year ago

"You say what you want but what can you offer? Few more pics but well done on the lack of dick pics as I think women appreciate that. Good luck.

What can I offer? Do you mean dick size? I have said I’m willing to explore and try new things but other than that the male anatomy pretty much performs equally right? Or am I missing your point? Sorry please don’t take that as argumentative, genuinely intrigued by your saying I lack to say what I’m offering

I’ve always got some dark chocolate in the fridge "

Sorry I was a bit vague but from what I have read on other posts saying ask me anything is a turn off for a lot of ladies. They want to know as much as possible in your profile as they probably get a ton of messages and can't reply to them all. If you peak their interest when reading your profile you are half way there. Read the profiles a few times before messaging and mention common likes and interests. Also you need a lot of patience as we outnumber the ladies by at least 20/1. All the best.

over a year ago

"Is it just me or does it seem to be full of fake accounts?? "

Think you will find that on any site tbh, I don’t look very far outside my area so maybe in your searches it’s different for you but I don’t get that feeling on here, well not unusually so anyway

over a year ago

Same I dont look far and speak with people then randomly get blocked.

over a year ago

I dont know what your old profile was like but your profile looks good from what I'm reading now. Hopefully you will have some better luck on here - Mrs

over a year ago

"I dont know what your old profile was like but your profile looks good from what I'm reading now. Hopefully you will have some better luck on here - Mrs"

Thank you for the positivity it’s very much appreciated! By the way you have have super sexy pics!!!

over a year ago

"I dont know what your old profile was like but your profile looks good from what I'm reading now. Hopefully you will have some better luck on here - Mrs

Thank you for the positivity it’s very much appreciated! By the way you have have super sexy pics!!! "

You are very welcome! Always better to bring people up than put them down! Thank you too btw I noticed you checking us out

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

All single men struggle for months when they come here.

Other than knowing about wanting to fist, women in heels, you never being clean shaven, I didn't think there was too much that shared that much at all really - and especially so when you grasp that as it's so incredibly competitive here that men have to stand out from the rest.

Most men don't ask for help, so you're one step ahead.

The best thing to do is to get realistic expectations. And then to make your profile the best that it can be. In your town you're limited by the coast, so you've people landside only. Be clear about the geographical area you'll meet people from. Due to your age, many won't meet you due to having family of a similar age - so target people wisely.

Bottom line is they need to understand clearly why they should pick you, not one of the dozens of others in their inbox. They're less interested in what you expect from them and more in what makes you of value. How you convince them that they want you is your job.

They obviously will need to feel physically attracted to you, so give them photos that allow them to do so.

Look at other single guys and see what they do, the good side range of photos that show them to good effect. Cock pics are generally a turn off.

keep working on your profile. It's never finished. If you meet someone who is verified, for a chat etc, get verified as it's an extra option that can make things easier.

Lots of us like someone of your age, so look for us who have your age within our interest, to prevent wasted effort

Good luck!

By *ollydoesWoman
over a year ago

Shangri-La

"You say what you want but what can you offer? Few more pics but well done on the lack of dick pics as I think women appreciate that. Good luck.

I’ve always got some dark chocolate in the fridge

Sorry I was a bit vague but from what I have read on other posts saying ask me anything is a turn off for a lot of ladies. They want to know as much as possible in your profile as they probably get a ton of messages and can't reply to them all. If you peak their interest when reading your profile you are half way there. Read the profiles a few times before messaging and mention common likes and interests. Also you need a lot of patience as we outnumber the ladies by at least 20/1. All the best."

By *sGivesWoodWoman
over a year ago

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

Looks fine OP, wishing you the best of luck. X

over a year ago

"All single men struggle for months when they come here.

Other than knowing about wanting to fist, women in heels, you never being clean shaven, I didn't think there was too much that shared that much at all really - and especially so when you grasp that as it's so incredibly competitive here that men have to stand out from the rest.

The best thing to do is to get realistic expectations. And then to make your profile the best that it can be. In your town you're limited by the coast, so you've people landside only. Be clear about the geographical area you'll meet people from. Due to your age, many won't meet you due to having family of a similar age - so target people wisely.

Bottom line is they need to understand clearly why they should pick you, not one of the dozens of others in their inbox. They're less interested in what you expect from them and more in what makes you of value. How you convince them that they want you is your job.

They obviously will need to feel physically attracted to you, so give them photos that allow them to do so.

Look at other single guys and see what they do, the good side range of photos that show them to good effect. Cock pics are generally a turn off.

keep working on your profile. It's never finished. If you meet someone who is verified, for a chat etc, get verified as it's an extra option that can make things easier.

Lots of us like someone of your age, so look for us who have your age within our interest, to prevent wasted effort

Good luck!

"

Sorry for the late reply just getting over a cold.....Thank you for taking the time to reply, it’s all been duly noted and everyone that has replied and messaged me, thanks all

over a year ago

"All single men struggle for months when they come here.

Good luck!

Sorry for the late reply just getting over a cold.....Thank you for taking the time to reply, it’s all been duly noted and everyone that has replied and messaged me, thanks all "

Went to my first social at local swingers club and it was fine. Seemed to get on with everybody. Nice chilled atmosphere. Give it a go.

Post new Message to Thread