Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Introductions

Etiquette

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Good evening all!

First off let me introduce myself! I'm very new to the swing and kink world and don't want to cause any offense or trouble to the community, so I'd like to ask if there are any specific etiquettes or rules to adhere to other than the sacred "just don't be a dick"? I've been browsing the swing support forum and the rest of the site but can't find much official dogma!

I'm also open to critique on my profile while I'm here, gotta get practicing!

Happy fabbing all!

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *eal_curves_is_backWoman
over a year ago

London

1) No means no.

2) Do not touch without permission.

3) Show respect.

By *ames HardwickMan
over a year ago

Courtown, Gorey

Isn't that a two way street? I get that a lot of the guys on here can be quite annoying and rude, but so are a lot of people who simply don't have the manners to respond mid conversation, and we'll mannered and behaved conversation at that. I'd say a good 90% of couples profiles and woman profiles on this site are rude and obnoxious and that's putting it mildly. #justsaying

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

The same etiquette and rules apply here as in life and they apply to everyone. Just be respectful, remember that behind every profile is a person /people and treat people how you'd like to be treated.

By *r_Jake70Man
over a year ago

London

"I'm also open to critique on my profile while I'm here, gotta get practicing! "

Your photos are better than most. The climbing shot and suit pic are good, but I personally don’t like big splurges of colour over faces, as it spoils the aesthetic of an otherwise well taken photo. A simple blur or crop is better.

Your text is really timid. I understand that you’re ‘new to kink’, but most people on this site aren’t looking to hold your hand through exploration. Also, detailed descriptions can be very limiting, and yours are pretty tame, schoolboyish even, so I’d avoid. Be positive and confident in what you want and what you are looking for and really do your best to hone it down to the absolute kernel.

By *winkleFairyCouple
over a year ago

UK

Deleting your message is by many a polite way of saying no thank you.

Don’t send dick pics

Read people’s profiles

Don’t send copy and paste messages

And yep you guessed it, just don’t be a dick!

By *amissCouple
over a year ago

chelmsford

"Good evening all!

First off let me introduce myself! I'm very new to the swing and kink world and don't want to cause any offense or trouble to the community, so I'd like to ask if there are any specific etiquettes or rules to adhere to other than the sacred "just don't be a dick"? I've been browsing the swing support forum and the rest of the site but can't find much official dogma!

Happy fabbing all! "

Great profile and good luck

By *eal_curves_is_backWoman
over a year ago

London

"Isn't that a two way street? I get that a lot of the guys on here can be quite annoying and rude, but so are a lot of people who simply don't have the manners to respond mid conversation, and we'll mannered and behaved conversation at that. I'd say a good 90% of couples profiles and woman profiles on this site are rude and obnoxious and that's putting it mildly. #justsaying"

If they just stop talking, it only means they are no longer interested. Accept rejection and go on. Being rude is sending you insults; changing one's mind is not being rude.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"Isn't that a two way street? I get that a lot of the guys on here can be quite annoying and rude, but so are a lot of people who simply don't have the manners to respond mid conversation, and we'll mannered and behaved conversation at that. I'd say a good 90% of couples profiles and woman profiles on this site are rude and obnoxious and that's putting it mildly. #justsaying

If they just stop talking, it only means they are no longer interested. Accept rejection and go on. Being rude is sending you insults; changing one's mind is not being rude."

If they just stop talking that is indeed rude and indicative of people with no manners or social skills, with an exaggerated sense of self worth due to the attention they receive on here, these people are best avoided anyway, so no loss

By *ames HardwickMan
over a year ago

Courtown, Gorey

I agree with you there ??. Wasn't giving out by the way, just stating facts..lol

By *ablo minibar123Woman
over a year ago

Op it's not really a rule, but on fab you will send messages that may never be read or answered, take that as a no thank you and just concentrate on people who are interested. Save time by reading profiles and only messaging people that you actually fit what they are looking for. Good luck.

By *onty1971Man
over a year ago

London St Helier Trier

"Op it's not really a rule, but on fab you will send messages that may never be read or answered, take that as a no thank you and just concentrate on people who are interested. Save time by reading profiles and only messaging people that you actually fit what they are looking for. Good luck."

Exactly as written.

As I read the profile, verifications and check the public pictures I consider if I am a potential match and what I would write. No copy paste etc. Adding a picture to the message is a good idea. Generally one of me dressed casual.

over a year ago

"Deleting your message is by many a polite way of saying no thank you.

Don’t send dick pics

Read people’s profiles

Don’t send copy and paste messages

And yep you guessed it, just don’t be a dick!"

All of the above

over a year ago

"Good evening all!

Happy fabbing all! "

I think you will do well on here with a polite and respectful attitude like you have. It all depends as to what you're looking for .. Are you wanting to try the swinging clubs or private meets?

Have a look at the bottom my bio for some great advice for single guys on here. Happy Fabbing

By *ficouldMan
over a year ago

a quandary, could you change my mind?

"The same etiquette and rules apply here as in life and they apply to everyone. Just be respectful, remember that behind every profile is a person /people and treat people how you'd like to be treated."

Post new Message to Thread