Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Introductions

What am I doing wrong lol

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

I've been on this site for over a year just had to make new account, I don't seem to get anywhere with anyone trying to just talk about meeting doesn't go anywhere and I'm lucky if I even get a message back, I really want to get into the lifestyle and experience new things but not getting anywhere any ideas what im doing wrong

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ordonBennettMan
over a year ago

dover

You haven’t asked for profile so I’ll just point out that it’s about a quarter the length of your post......

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

It's very difficult for single men . All I suggest is that you keep the faith, send a picture with your first message doesn't need to be your face and ensure you match the criteria of the profile you're contacting.

Good luck

By *nnocentimesMan
over a year ago

over there by that tree

"I've been on this site for over a year just had to make new account, I don't seem to get anywhere with anyone trying to just talk about meeting doesn't go anywhere and I'm lucky if I even get a message back, I really want to get into the lifestyle and experience new things but not getting anywhere any ideas what im doing wrong"

No pics and your profile write up is not enthralling.....

Sell yourself, what have you got to offer over the thousands of others?

There is some really good profile advice floating around on the forums so would suggest you have a read.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Look at your own profile. Imagine you were a single woman, with thousands of single men with great photo's and articulate profile content to choose from.

Would you, choose you ?

By *ed-monkeyCouple
over a year ago

Hailsham

Do a forum search on "Profile Advice" plenty of people asking similar questions with good advice given ... being a single male you contend with A LOT of other single men ... you have to stand out from the crowd more

Good luck

over a year ago

It’s glaringly obvious why, but you haven’t asked for advice, so I can’t give it.

By *uzukiNo1Woman
over a year ago

Rhyl

Sell yourself.....

I got £2,50 and a half eaten cream egg last time.....

Nailed it...

By *ed-monkeyCouple
over a year ago

Hailsham

"Sell yourself.....

Nailed it... "

Complete or licked out?

over a year ago

Why do you think OP?

Self reflection is best

By *uzukiNo1Woman
over a year ago

Rhyl

"Sell yourself.....

Nailed it...

Complete or licked out? "

Complete, I was lucky that time...

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

You need to sell yourself here. Not just in messages (although they're important: polite, personal, based on profile text) but in all your public presence.

By *ed-monkeyCouple
over a year ago

Hailsham

"Sell yourself.....

Nailed it...

Complete or licked out?

Complete, I was lucky that time... "

Licking out can be fun though ... but I digress...

over a year ago

"Why do you think OP?

Self reflection is best "

You sound like my old lecturer!

By *uzukiNo1Woman
over a year ago

Rhyl

"Sell yourself.....

Nailed it...

Complete or licked out?

Complete, I was lucky that time...

Licking out can be fun though ... but I digress..."

You are a master at digressing my friend.....

over a year ago

I can't really have lots of pics as I don't want people finding out im on here such as friends family colleges, Im really not quite sure what to write in profile or in messages just writing along the lines that im looking to meet likeminded people for nsa discrete fun either reg meeys or one off, it is a bit discouraging when no ones interested Im not a model but i don't think im ugly either lol

over a year ago

Just give up I have lol more chance of pulling in Sainsbury’s than here

over a year ago

"I can't really have lots of pics as I don't want people finding out im on here such as friends family colleges, Im really not quite sure what to write in profile or in messages just writing along the lines that im looking to meet likeminded people for nsa discrete fun either reg meeys or one off, it is a bit discouraging when no ones interested Im not a model but i don't think im ugly either lol"

Sounds like the typical basic male on fab

over a year ago

"I can't really have lots of pics as I don't want people finding out im on here such as friends family colleges, Im really not quite sure what to write in profile or in messages just writing along the lines that im looking to meet likeminded people for nsa discrete fun either reg meeys or one off, it is a bit discouraging when no ones interested Im not a model but i don't think im ugly either lol"

Also if you click reply+quote we’ll know who you’re replying to

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

I don't want anyone finding me on here either. I still have plenty of pictures... ones that aren't likely to identify me. And not knowing what to write... Well, that's not how you sell yourself. Give it thought.

By *ed-monkeyCouple
over a year ago

Hailsham

Pics don't have to be face pics ... can be very imaginative and can often be used to spark conversations from people

Check out profiles of guys on here that assist to be successful ... and ask yourself how you could emulate

By *uzukiNo1Woman
over a year ago

Rhyl

Dont have to show your face, something is better than nothing......look at other profiles you will see, people rather see some effort put into a profile........no pics and saying you need NSA fun will get you zip.....

By *ineMan
over a year ago

In cave behind a waterfall on a hill

"Just give up I have lol more chance of pulling in Sainsbury’s than here "

Try the freezer aisle?

over a year ago

I have alot of tattoos wouldn't be hard to figure out its me

over a year ago

"Just give up I have lol more chance of pulling in Sainsbury’s than here

Try the freezer aisle? "

Probably more turkeys on here than in the freezer

By *ed-monkeyCouple
over a year ago

Hailsham

"I can't really have lots of pics as I don't want people finding out im on here such as friends family colleges, Im really not quite sure what to write in profile or in messages just writing along the lines that im looking to meet likeminded people for nsa discrete fun either reg meeys or one off, it is a bit discouraging when no ones interested Im not a model but i don't think im ugly either lol

Dont have to show your face, something is better than nothing......look at other profiles you will see, people rather see some effort put into a profile........no pics and saying you need NSA fun will get you zip..... "

Bloody copycat!!

By *ed-monkeyCouple
over a year ago

Hailsham

"I have alot of tattoos wouldn't be hard to figure out its me"

A more positive attitude is found to be a greater attraction to some people

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

So cover them. Or take photos where they aren't in shot.

Or, from a woman's perspective, no public photos = delete.

over a year ago

Yourdoing noothing wwrong nick. Its just the. Way of the world. I ennjoy pphone sex but few girls do

over a year ago

"I can't really have lots of pics as I don't want people finding out im on here such as friends family colleges, Im really not quite sure what to write in profile or in messages just writing along the lines that im looking to meet likeminded people for nsa discrete fun either reg meeys or one off, it is a bit discouraging when no ones interested Im not a model but i don't think im ugly either lol

I don't want anyone finding me on here either. I still have plenty of pictures... ones that aren't likely to identify me. And not knowing what to write... Well, that's not how you sell yourself. Give it thought. "

I have alot of tattoos and it wouldn't be hard to figure out it's me Im quite well known where im from

By *uzukiNo1Woman
over a year ago

Rhyl

Cover them then....

over a year ago

There’s to many men to many many men

By *orthyorkypairCouple
over a year ago

North Yorkshire

the pics do not need to show face! torso shots etc often attract the female version of fab members and tbh read "discrete" = read cheating married ( not saying you are but its the fav word of the cheater lol

over a year ago

I only show my face picture to people I want to show it to, but still have pictures on my profile. You can be discreet and still show some of yourself. Also your write up is somewhat lacking (understatement), it doesn’t have to paragraphs long, but something which shows a bit of personality/wit/intrigue usually does the trick for me x

over a year ago

"I have alot of tattoos wouldn't be hard to figure out its me

Cover them then...."

too many to cover all of them

By *ed-monkeyCouple
over a year ago

Hailsham

Try pics of your in a gorilla suit out something equally bizarre ... may show you have a sense of humour, don't take life too seriously and may get people asking questions .. which is then an opening .. lateral thinking

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

It's as simple as this. There are way, way more men on here than anyone else. If you can't create an appealing presence, including a profile with pictures, then your chances go from low to virtually none.

over a year ago

"Why do you think OP?

Self reflection is best

You sound like my old lecturer!"

Go to sleep and stop faffing about on here

By *omFord1Man
over a year ago

hatfield

Wouldn’t it be nice if people replied to messages even the standard no is better than being ignored

over a year ago

"Wouldn’t it be nice if people replied to messages even the standard no is better than being ignored "

No

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"Wouldn’t it be nice if people replied to messages even the standard no is better than being ignored "

Delete without reply means no thank you. As a woman, I dont have time to answer all my messages, let alone the but why or abuse I get in return.

Develop a thick skin. Everyone needs it here for different reasons.

over a year ago

Women have all the power on here do as your told lol

By *omFord1Man
over a year ago

hatfield

It’s called common courtesy something this country is lacking

over a year ago

"Women have all the power on here do as your told lol"

No they don’t

over a year ago

"It’s called common courtesy something this country is lacking "

No, it’s not.

When you receive junk mail in the post/in your emails, do you reply to it?

I often get abuse for saying ‘no thank you’ to someone. So no. I won’t be replying to everyone

over a year ago

"Women have all the power on here do as your told lol

No they don’t "

They do

By *ed-monkeyCouple
over a year ago

Hailsham

Thing is OP ... people are making suggestions to you ... some of which are helpful, but so far all that's seen are reasons why you can't do that ... people generally don't like negative

Remember that the green arrow shows all the threads you post to, which others can see .. and may use if they are checking you out ... so wit and positivity work as more alluring traits

over a year ago

"Women have all the power on here do as your told lol

No they don’t

They do "

No, they really don’t.

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

It's called situational manners. On a site like this, replying to every single message is unworkable. It's right there in the FAQ which is available when you join.

over a year ago

But unfortunately, many don't have the common courtesy to accept a polite no thank you. We often get bombed with 'why not' 'just try me' 'you wouldn't be disappointed' or occasionally abuse 'I wouldn’t normally fuck a fatty anyway but I was desperate ' etc.

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

When the majority of my messages do what I ask of them in my profile, and I somehow become confident that a polite no thank you will be respected (and I won't be abused as a result), then I might think about sending no thank yous again.

... That's extremely unlikely from where I'm sitting.

By *orthyorkypairCouple
over a year ago

North Yorkshire

sadly most dont because they have learned if you do reply with a polite "thanks but no thanks" you immediately get abuse back half the time (note I said HALF! i know not everyone does)

By *llaboutthewifeCouple
over a year ago

Cardiff

You dont need to post pics that identify you.

None of ours is a full facial pic.

Just try to pad it out a little, plenty of good advice here for you on this thread and the countless others. Also actively joining in the forum is a good way to meet people, but perhaps not local to you unfortunately. Good luck. Jo

By *ed-monkeyCouple
over a year ago

Hailsham

"Wouldn’t it be nice if people replied to messages even the standard no is better than being ignored

sadly most dont because they have learned if you do reply with a polite "thanks but no thanks" you immediately get abuse back half the time (note I said HALF! i know not everyone does) "

Also ... 2 minutes to make a reply? If you get just 30 unsolicited mails ... that's an hour of your day gone on something you didn't instigate in the first place ... FAQs do clearly say .. no reply means not interested ... so get over it

But this is going beyond what the OP originally asked

over a year ago

"Thing is OP ... people are making suggestions to you ... some of which are helpful, but so far all that's seen are reasons why you can't do that ... people generally don't like negative

Remember that the green arrow shows all the threads you post to, which others can see .. and may use if they are checking you out ... so wit and positivity work as more alluring traits"

Im not being negative just facts if they weren't an issue i would take the advice and say fuck all but they are the reasons I can't

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

The advice stands.

If you don't have photos you're extremely unlikely to get far. Clothes and makeup exist (I regularly use makeup to hide blemishes which might increase my chance of being spotted, where I've posted part of my face).

Not knowing what to write is indistinguishable from lazy and is not my problem.

By *good-being-badMan
over a year ago

mis-types and auto corrects leads cock leeds

Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result is insane © einstein

Change something op. Find out what works for you and stick to that. Remember You can't be everything to everyone.

Me I figured it out... I'm out of most folks leagues so I know why I have so few replies .

over a year ago

"Thing is OP ... people are making suggestions to you ... some of which are helpful, but so far all that's seen are reasons why you can't do that ... people generally don't like negative

Remember that the green arrow shows all the threads you post to, which others can see .. and may use if they are checking you out ... so wit and positivity work as more alluring traits"

I would like to think i am very positive But just don't want everyone I know finding out im on here the majority of the world aren't as likeminded

By *ed-monkeyCouple
over a year ago

Hailsham

Remember that the green arrow shows all the threads you post to, which others can see .. and may use if they are checking you out ... so wit and positivity work as more alluring traits Im not being negative just facts if they weren't an issue i would take the advice and say fuck all but they are the reasons I can't "

Understood .. know its tricky .. but pics don't necessarily have to be you, as I said ... sometimes odd or funny pics can get people talking

Genuinely .. good luck

By *_RiderMan
over a year ago

Shrewsbury

I would dare say my profile is far more attractive than yours op, yet I am in the same boat. I am looking to change mine further. Really work on your profile, just by joining a site like this doesn't guarantee a thing. Effort and patience needed.

By *orthyorkypairCouple
over a year ago

North Yorkshire

with the utmost respect OP you asked advice ( sort of) most on here offered good advice without the usually slagging off but all you seem to respond is negatively with reasons why YOU cannot do that

over a year ago

Remember that the green arrow shows all the threads you post to, which others can see .. and may use if they are checking you out ... so wit and positivity work as more alluring traits Im not being negative just facts if they weren't an issue i would take the advice and say fuck all but they are the reasons I can't "

Why can’t you you write more in your bio?

By *uzukiNo1Woman
over a year ago

Rhyl

"Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result is insane © einstein

Change something op. Find out what works for you and stick to that. Remember You can't be everything to everyone.

Me I figured it out... I'm out of most folks leagues so I know why I have so few replies . "

Phew that's good....

over a year ago

"with the utmost respect OP you asked advice ( sort of) most on here offered good advice without the usually slagging off but all you seem to respond is negatively with reasons why YOU cannot do that "
lol they are not negative just reasons sorry for not wanting my family and friends or even my kids finding out im on here I think thats a good reason to not plaster photos of myself all over here would you like it if someone messaged your parents telling them and have to explain why they had to see my cock on the Internet

over a year ago

"with the utmost respect OP you asked advice ( sort of) most on here offered good advice without the usually slagging off but all you seem to respond is negatively with reasons why YOU cannot do that lol they are not negative just reasons sorry for not wanting my family and friends or even my kids finding out im on here I think thats a good reason to not plaster photos of myself all over here would you like it if someone messaged your parents telling them and have to explain why they had to see my cock on the Internet "

Do you know anyone who is twisted enough to do that?

over a year ago

Remember that the green arrow shows all the threads you post to, which others can see .. and may use if they are checking you out ... so wit and positivity work as more alluring traits Im not being negative just facts if they weren't an issue i would take the advice and say fuck all but they are the reasons I can't

Why can’t you you write more in your bio?"

what would I write Im really not being difficult just really shit at this sort of thing not sure what people actually want to hear

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"with the utmost respect OP you asked advice ( sort of) most on here offered good advice without the usually slagging off but all you seem to respond is negatively with reasons why YOU cannot do that lol they are not negative just reasons sorry for not wanting my family and friends or even my kids finding out im on here I think thats a good reason to not plaster photos of myself all over here would you like it if someone messaged your parents telling them and have to explain why they had to see my cock on the Internet "

So figure out how to make yourself more anonymous. Clothes. Makeup. Angles. If I can do it so can you. (no I don't have tattoos, but I do have some big scars I've carefully hidden)

over a year ago

A profile like yours wouldn't interest me as it says nothing about you.

If you give up you'll get nowhere, so just make some improvements like pictures and more information on your profile and keep persevering with interesting, funny and personal messages! And if you're sure you don't know the person you're trying your luck with, just attach a few photos.

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

The question I ask when I look at a profile is, why this person?

A profile with no pictures and minimal unimaginative generic text gives me exactly zero reasons.

By *adame 2SwordsWoman
over a year ago

Victoria, London

How disappointing, you think we women are only worth one line

over a year ago

"with the utmost respect OP you asked advice ( sort of) most on here offered good advice without the usually slagging off but all you seem to respond is negatively with reasons why YOU cannot do that lol they are not negative just reasons sorry for not wanting my family and friends or even my kids finding out im on here I think thats a good reason to not plaster photos of myself all over here would you like it if someone messaged your parents telling them and have to explain why they had to see my cock on the Internet

So figure out how to make yourself more anonymous. Clothes. Makeup. Angles. If I can do it so can you. (no I don't have tattoos, but I do have some big scars I've carefully hidden) "

again not being difficult and appreciate everyones input but my tats are everywhere and pretty recognizable Im always happy to exchange pics in messages as long as I get one back trust is a big thing

By *uzukiNo1Woman
over a year ago

Rhyl

Ok ok OP, stop thinking of the "what you crnt do" and start working on what you can.......

Cover tatts

Hide face

Spend a couple of hours taking pics and hiding what you think gives you away

Write a profile, you can always go back and change it as you go along...

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

What to write.

Something about you.

What you have to offer.

What you're looking for.

What makes you different?

(no I won't say what to write, I don't know you and it has to come from you. But you need to sell yourself)

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"with the utmost respect OP you asked advice ( sort of) most on here offered good advice without the usually slagging off but all you seem to respond is negatively with reasons why YOU cannot do that lol they are not negative just reasons sorry for not wanting my family and friends or even my kids finding out im on here I think thats a good reason to not plaster photos of myself all over here would you like it if someone messaged your parents telling them and have to explain why they had to see my cock on the Internet

So figure out how to make yourself more anonymous. Clothes. Makeup. Angles. If I can do it so can you. (no I don't have tattoos, but I do have some big scars I've carefully hidden) again not being difficult and appreciate everyones input but my tats are everywhere and pretty recognizable Im always happy to exchange pics in messages as long as I get one back trust is a big thing"

That's not my problem. I've given advice which would work for you.

over a year ago

So figure out how to make yourself more anonymous. Clothes. Makeup. Angles. If I can do it so can you. (no I don't have tattoos, but I do have some big scars I've carefully hidden) again not being difficult and appreciate everyones input but my tats are everywhere and pretty recognizable Im always happy to exchange pics in messages as long as I get one back trust is a big thing

That's not my problem. I've given advice which would work for you. "

thank you

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

If you can be on Fab, you can Google makeup for covering tattoos.

By *ex HolesMan
over a year ago

Up North

Post a picture of your throbbing cock as your avatar. Add to your profile that your Bi and are looking to be pegged. Finally always put text speak in your profile, the ‘birds’ love this.

I’ll guarantee you’ll be drowning in minge in no time at all.

You can thank me later

over a year ago

Put some pics up of yourself be polite and just keep trying

over a year ago

Who said that?!?

over a year ago

Remember that the green arrow shows all the threads you post to, which others can see .. and may use if they are checking you out ... so wit and positivity work as more alluring traits I would like to think i am very positive But just don't want everyone I know finding out im on here the majority of the world aren't as likeminded "

Surely, if they are on here...

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

Op nobody is obliged to post photos on the net and I would advise anyone who wants to 100% maintain discretion not to put them up. Some of the most popular contributors to the forum gave no pictures or one or two completely unidentifiable ones.

My advice to you would be write a filler profile and try to join in on forum threads in a positive way. This isn't a guarantee of success because many single men do find it challenging.

Again I wish you luck

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

Fuller profile I mean

By *adame 2SwordsWoman
over a year ago

Victoria, London

unfortunately OP isn't up for making improvements

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

No one is obliged to add pictures, but as a guy, realistically, he's very unlikely to get far without.

over a year ago

if you won't show photos/update a bio/scared of being discovered

Maybe fab isn't right place for you?

By *aFee RougeWoman
over a year ago

Luton, Bedfordshire

What's the problem tho.

We are all here for the same reason. Imho:

no face pic No body pics and no info is straight delete

No pics of any kind but clear, well written summary of you, your likes will get some interest pending pictures of face/body/cock

Plenty of pics and information will get full engagement

Also when you contact somebody: do not be desperate or sound you are acting exclusively on a temporary surge of hormones and then disappear into nothing.

As fast as it is to meet people, engagement is what ensures the meet actually happens.

Lastly don't drag the convo for too long or interest get diluted to then disappear.

:-*

Hope this helps

By *eal_curves_is_backWoman
over a year ago

London

No, it is called not being interested and not wasting anyone's time.

over a year ago

OP, not sure if you're aware, but you can hide your profile from being available to be seen anywhere but on here. You do it through the options in the 'account' tab. That way, nobody who is not on Fab should be able to see your photos.

I'm guessing you're playing without permission as you are very worried about anyone recognising you on here. Which is fine, you're one of many people in similar situation. Still, having no profile pic will not help with getting replies to your messages.

Maybe you should think if it's really a site for you? As I guess going to clubs or organised socials, to get yourself known for your personality in real life, is not an option?

over a year ago

Well OP coming from Inverness the same as you if you mailed me I would ignore your mail. Its shit because you have done nothing to it.

over a year ago

What about a pic in a suit, no face, or a slightly open shirt? Or your bum if you don't have tattoos there..

I used to worry about being spotted on here but if someone does.. Well they are on here too so unlikely to do anything about it without being exposed themselves.

over a year ago

"Just give up I have lol more chance of pulling in Sainsbury’s than here "

Yet you’re still here? and you’ve had a verification in the 3months you’ve been here so you’re not doing that bad

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

Most single men will struggle on Fab, due to the sheer volume of them, in comparison to others that they want sex with. As such, it's ideal to improve your potential odds, by providing what others want, as easily as possible. If you're in a more remote area, with fewer people in easy reach, it likely becomes more pronounced as an issue.

People read profiles, when they get messages, so it's always ideal if people optimise their profiles. You've not asked for advice on this specifically but it's worth looking in the forum for profile tips and advice.

Your online persona has to be used to 'sell' you - especially important due to the volume of competition. Everytime you write, your forum posts, your profile, will influence others: aim to get it so that it leaves people wanting more and liking what they've seen.

Put yourself in the shoes of others that you'd to know. What would they want from someone like you? How will they know that you're offering what they need? How do they know if they're attracted to you, or not?

Overall, if others are in doubt, they'll probably move on to the next person, who may just be the solution.

Aim to continuously improve your approach, learning as you go along. Look at other similar people to you and see if they have any good ways of communicating/selling themselves.

over a year ago

Had a peaks of over 250 messages in One day, how on earth can I answer to all of them? It's not a full time job, Id rather spend my time answering people I find interesting. Wouldnt you do the same?

Post new Message to Thread