Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Introductions

Gotta ask the obvious

Jump to newest

By *tticusF OP   Man
over a year ago

Newark

Check out my profile and let me know what you think. Would you meet a man like me? All advice greatly appreciated.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

You're much more likely to meet a woman who's part of a couple.

Couples outnumber single women on here (at a guess) by about 50 to 1

By *ymph and ManicCouple
over a year ago

North East

"You're much more likely to meet a woman who's part of a couple.

"

... as usual .. very good advice from a super hot couple .... heed it ...

over a year ago

"Check out my profile and let me know what you think. Would you meet a man like me? All advice greatly appreciated. "

No, we wouldn't meet a man like you.

over a year ago

... as usual .. very good advice from a super hot couple .... heed it ... "

You're pretty hot yourselves

By *ymph and ManicCouple
over a year ago

North East

... as usual .. very good advice from a super hot couple .... heed it ...

You're pretty hot yourselves "

.. well thank you very very much .... ... always nice to be appreciated and wanted ????

over a year ago

The name is instantly offputting to me. Sorry x

over a year ago

"The name is instantly offputting to me. Sorry x"

So is boo boo kitty...

But it's just a name.

over a year ago

Not for me!

Can't accommodate usually means 'fab single'

By *rebor1955Man
over a year ago

Bristol

"Not for me!

Can't accommodate usually means 'fab single' "

Can't accommodate means what it says for a variety of reasons in my case difficult in shared house of 3 other single people.What does ,' fab single' mean?

over a year ago

Same for me

By *tticusF OP   Man
over a year ago

Newark

VBS is a name I've used for a while now on other kink/fetish sites so I just carried it across. I've had people tell me that it makes them laugh and that it's the best name they've seen but I can definitely understand that it can be polarising also.

It's certainly not meant to cause any offence but I thank you for your comment. It just goes to show that you can be judged on something as simple as a pseudonym, which I hadn't really considered up till now.

By *tticusF OP   Man
over a year ago

Newark

In my case it's simply because I live where I work so it wouldn't look all that good.

I wondered exactly the same about 'Fab single' too, what does it mean?

over a year ago

"

I wondered exactly the same about 'Fab single' too, what does it mean? "

Married

By *rightonsteveMan
over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

"Check out my profile and let me know what you think. Would you meet a man like me? All advice greatly appreciated. "

Nope, I wouldn't meet a guy like you.

By *anky_PankyWoman
over a year ago

Filthy Fuckeryville

"In my case it's simply because I live where I work so it wouldn't look all that good.

I wondered exactly the same about 'Fab single' too, what does it mean? "

Fab single is married/attached but pretending not to be.....

By *tticusF OP   Man
over a year ago

Newark

[Removed by poster at 19/01/17 07:58:50]

By *tticusF OP   Man
over a year ago

Newark

"In my case it's simply because I live where I work so it wouldn't look all that good.

Fab single is married/attached but pretending not to be....."

I see. Thank you. It's kind of ironic knowing that people would get that impression when the truth is I've never been married. Lol.

Btw, I love your hair!

By *anky_PankyWoman
over a year ago

Filthy Fuckeryville

"I see. Thank you. It's kind of ironic knowing that people would get that impression when the truth is I've never been married. Lol. "

You'll always find people make judgements - it's the way of the fab world! Personally I think whether you are single are attached and on here- we all have our own reasons we play no matter what our personal circumstances are.

By *anky_PankyWoman
over a year ago

Filthy Fuckeryville

Fab single is married/attached but pretending not to be.....

I see. Thank you. It's kind of ironic knowing that people would get that impression when the truth is I've never been married. Lol.

Btw, I love your hair! "

Thank you

By *tticusF OP   Man
over a year ago

Newark

"I see. Thank you. It's kind of ironic knowing that people would get that impression when the truth is I've never been married. Lol.

You'll always find people make judgements - it's the way of the fab world! Personally I think whether you are single are attached and on here- we all have our own reasons we play no matter what our personal circumstances are. "

Yes, I'm learning that for myself rather quickly. I feel like I'm taking quite a beating in this thread but then again I did ask for people's opinions and I'm grateful for them, whether positive or negative. Clearly though I've got a lot of work to do on my profile.

over a year ago

I think you look half decent. I'd reply to a decent message.

(I actually wouldn't based on distance)

By *ost SockMan
over a year ago

West Wales and Cardiff

"I see. Thank you. It's kind of ironic knowing that people would get that impression when the truth is I've never been married. Lol.

You'll always find people make judgements - it's the way of the fab world! Personally I think whether you are single are attached and on here- we all have our own reasons we play no matter what our personal circumstances are.

Yes, I'm learning that for myself rather quickly. I feel like I'm taking quite a beating in this thread but then again I did ask for people's opinions and I'm grateful for them, whether positive or negative. Clearly though I've got a lot of work to do on my profile. "

I don't think you've taken a beating. People have taken the time to give honest advice. If people seem a bit blunt, it's because there are loads of threads every day and many blokes don't take on board anything that's said. Basically they wanted loads of praise and get the hump. Not saying that's you, of course - for starters there's some decently written text and adding the reasons for not accommodating shows you've taken that on board. It will help.

If I was a woman, I'd be suspicious of blokes who can't accommodate - there's loads of married folk (of both sexes) on here. It was helpful to point that out.

I think the username has got lumped into the "blokes obsessed with their cocks" category. In fairness, I reckon you've gone for it more from the humour angle than than "I've got a great weapon ladies" one. It might seem a little, well, purile and schoolboy-humourish though, I guess. Not to me, but maybe to others.

Face pics will be a plus for you, so it's good you have them.

Thing is with Fab - there's stacks of guys for each woman, so every little thing matters.

It might seem the replies, including mine, are a bit fussy, but I guarantee that in six months time you'll be looking at the blokes with negligible profiles moaning they can't get meets and asking for profile advice with a jaded shake of the head!

By *ost SockMan
over a year ago

West Wales and Cardiff

Good luck btw!

By *tticusF OP   Man
over a year ago

Newark

Yes, I'm learning that for myself rather quickly. I feel like I'm taking quite a beating in this thread but then again I did ask for people's opinions and I'm grateful for them, whether positive or negative. Clearly though I've got a lot of work to do on my profile.

I don't think you've taken a beating. People have taken the time to give honest advice. If people seem a bit blunt, it's because there are loads of threads every day and many blokes don't take on board anything that's said. Basically they wanted loads of praise and get the hump. Not saying that's you, of course - for starters there's some decently written text and adding the reasons for not accommodating shows you've taken that on board. It will help.

If I was a woman, I'd be suspicious of blokes who can't accommodate - there's loads of married folk (of both sexes) on here. It was helpful to point that out.

I think the username has got lumped into the "blokes obsessed with their cocks" category. In fairness, I reckon you've gone for it more from the humour angle than than "I've got a great weapon ladies" one. It might seem a little, well, purile and schoolboy-humourish though, I guess. Not to me, but maybe to others.

Thing is with Fab - there's stacks of guys for each woman, so every little thing matters.

It might seem the replies, including mine, are a bit fussy, but I guarantee that in six months time you'll be looking at the blokes with negligible profiles moaning they can't get meets and asking for profile advice with a jaded shake of the head!"

If truth be told I actually got the name Veinybangstick from Viz. I saw it used years and years ago and it made me chuckle. It must've stuck in my head as when I started delving into the online kink world I used it as my nickname, and have ever since. More often than not it's actually got good comments and makes out people laugh, which is why I chose to use it in the first place, and it certainly was never intended to be a comment on my own body, but I do understand if it puts others off.

The one thing I always want to be is honest with people and I'd like that to come through in my profile. I put cannot accommodate because it would be awkward, as explained previously, but I didn't realise what context it would be taken in. I did think about changing it, and might still do, but in the interests of being open and honest I've changed my profile to explain 'cannot accommodate' a little better. For now at least.

Your response wasn't fussy at all. I thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed response. There's some great advice on this thread and I'd be a fool not to take note of it.

It's much appreciate.

Thank you.

By *imetoexplore69Couple
over a year ago

Aberdeen

"Check out my profile and let me know what you think. Would you meet a man like me? All advice greatly appreciated.

No, we wouldn't meet a man like you."

but going by your profile you make it clear u don't meet any single guys so why constantly knock guys down it's all you two seem to get up to on the forums .

By *eerobCouple
over a year ago

solihull

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 19/01/17 09:58:14]

By *ost SockMan
over a year ago

West Wales and Cardiff

It might seem the replies, including mine, are a bit fussy, but I guarantee that in six months time you'll be looking at the blokes with negligible profiles moaning they can't get meets and asking for profile advice with a jaded shake of the head!

If truth be told I actually got the name Veinybangstick from Viz. I saw it used years and years ago and it made me chuckle. It must've stuck in my head as when I started delving into the online kink world I used it as my nickname, and have ever since. More often than not it's actually got good comments and makes out people laugh, which is why I chose to use it in the first place, and it certainly was never intended to be a comment on my own body, but I do understand if it puts others off.

The one thing I always want to be is honest with people and I'd like that to come through in my profile. I put cannot accommodate because it would be awkward, as explained previously, but I didn't realise what context it would be taken in. I did think about changing it, and might still do, but in the interests of being open and honest I've changed my profile to explain 'cannot accommodate' a little better. For now at least.

Your response wasn't fussy at all. I thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed response. There's some great advice on this thread and I'd be a fool not to take note of it.

It's much appreciate.

Thank you.

"

Ah Viz - I knew I knew the term from somewhere!

Source of many wonderful words/terms/phrases.

I use "Launching Captain Pickard into Warp Speed" to describe my, erm, "solo pursuits" as much as possible, including on here.

By *tticusF OP   Man
over a year ago

Newark

It's much appreciate.

Thank you.

Ah Viz - I knew I knew the term from somewhere!

Source of many wonderful words/terms/phrases.

I use "Launching Captain Pickard into Warp Speed" to describe my, erm, "solo pursuits" as much as possible, including on here.

"

Indeed, Viz was always (and probably still is, I don't read it anymore) a minefield of creative vulgarity.

Back in the mid 90's, when I used to read it, they did a calendar which I wish I could find again. It was a spoof of old advertising posters and one in particular described a Rolls Royce as a vaginal lodestone. It did make me chuckle.

over a year ago

"The name is instantly offputting to me. Sorry x

So is boo boo kitty...

But it's just a name. "

He asked for advice and I told him my first thought. First impressions such as name are quite important in my opinion. If I get a message off a guy whose name is crude or overly sexual I wont reply. I highly doubt I'd meet the sort of guy who'd come up with a name like "suck me dry" or something because those arent the kind of guys I'm interested in. I dont mind if you dont like my name. It attracts the right kind of people for me

over a year ago

VBS is a name I've used for a while now on other kink/fetish sites so I just carried it across. I've had people tell me that it makes them laugh and that it's the best name they've seen but I can definitely understand that it can be polarising also.

It's certainly not meant to cause any offence but I thank you for your comment. It just goes to show that you can be judged on something as simple as a pseudonym, which I hadn't really considered up till now. "

Thank you for taking my comment without getting offended I think the name thing is a valid point because there are so many men on here and it only takes the tiniest thing for women to delete a message. Very good luck on fab. Hope you have a ball

By *uzy444Woman
over a year ago

in the suffolk countryside

i read your profile, so while the name wouldnt attract at first glance i see why you chose it.

cant see why you wouldnt get success by going to some socials getting known on the forums..etc

on your profile at quick glance i dont really know what you are looking for though, so maybe you could add a bit to find commonality with others..

enjoy your fab experience x

By *tticusF OP   Man
over a year ago

Newark

"i read your profile, so while the name wouldnt attract at first glance i see why you chose it.

cant see why you wouldnt get success by going to some socials getting known on the forums..etc

on your profile at quick glance i dont really know what you are looking for though, so maybe you could add a bit to find commonality with others..

enjoy your fab experience x"

It's still work in progress. I'm going to add more to it when I next get some free time. Thanks for your comments though, greatly appreciated. Xxx

By *inky-MinxWoman
over a year ago

Grantham

Your name would put me off like others have said.

However, seeing how well you have taken the advice and seem to genuinely want to improve I'd probably meet for a social if your first message was good

By *unandbuckCouple
over a year ago

Sheffield

The profile is 2/3 explaining things people don't really need to know.

If the name is off-putting to a significant number of people I'd change it, why stubbornly stick to something that doesn't matter?

By *tticusF OP   Man
over a year ago

Newark

"The profile is 2/3 explaining things people don't really need to know.

If the name is off-putting to a significant number of people I'd change it, why stubbornly stick to something that doesn't matter?

"

That's a fair comment and something I've considered doing. It's a name I've used online on other sites for a long time now so I kind of think of it as my kinky alter ego. I want to keep it in case people want to search for me elsewhere but may yet change it.

As for my profile, I'm in the process of rewriting it and will certainly add to it and probably make some changes. I want to give much more detail than I had on there previously but also try to put a little humour in there too.

By *tticusF OP   Man
over a year ago

Newark

"Your name would put me off like others have said.

However, seeing how well you have taken the advice and seem to genuinely want to improve I'd probably meet for a social if your first message was good "

Thank you. If you ask for criticism then you shouldn't be surprised if you get it. Lol. Confucius once said, 'only a fool learns from his mistakes. A wise man learns from the mistakes of others' I guess I've been a fool.

By *inky-MinxWoman
over a year ago

Grantham

"Your name would put me off like others have said.

However, seeing how well you have taken the advice and seem to genuinely want to improve I'd probably meet for a social if your first message was good

Thank you. If you ask for criticism then you shouldn't be surprised if you get it. Lol. Confucius once said, 'only a fool learns from his mistakes. A wise man learns from the mistakes of others' I guess I've been a fool. "

You'd be surprised how many people don't take the advice well

over a year ago

It's certainly not meant to cause any offence but I thank you for your comment. It just goes to show that you can be judged on something as simple as a pseudonym, which I hadn't really considered up till now. "

No one is offended. It's just a ridiculous name and I probably would delete any message from the sender without reading.

By *tticusF OP   Man
over a year ago

Newark

It's certainly not meant to cause any offence but I thank you for your comment. It just goes to show that you can be judged on something as simple as a pseudonym, which I hadn't really considered up till now.

No one is offended. It's just a ridiculous name and I probably would delete any message from the sender without reading."

I think you're right, it's time for a change. I just went to change it now but then my mind went blank as to what to change it too. I'm going to have to have a good think about it. ??

By *eavenscentitCouple
over a year ago

barnstaple

I think I would

By *aughtywifeandhimCouple
over a year ago

luton

Personally think a guy of 42 looking for single women 18/43 kind of limits your chance of finding someone on here , but good luck anyway

By *unandbuckCouple
over a year ago

Sheffield

"

No one is offended. It's just a ridiculous name and I probably would delete any message from the sender without reading.

I think you're right, it's time for a change. I just went to change it now but then my mind went blank as to what to change it too. I'm going to have to have a good think about it. ??"

Anal_Destroyer_2017 is free, that could be worth a try, the girls love that sort of thing....

By *tticusF OP   Man
over a year ago

Newark

"

I think you're right, it's time for a change. I just went to change it now but then my mind went blank as to what to change it too. I'm going to have to have a good think about it. ??

Anal_Destroyer_2017 is free, that could be worth a try, the girls love that sort of thing....

"

Lol. I'll add it to my list and see which one I pull out of the hat.

By *uzy444Woman
over a year ago

in the suffolk countryside

"

Lol. I'll add it to my list and see which one I pull out of the hat. "

i think it was a joke..

please choose something that when im saying hello in a thread i dont mind typing out in full...or when introducing you at a social as your user name doesnt make someone cringe xx

over a year ago

If we were looking for single guys we would certainly be willing to explore things based on your profile.

By *tticusF OP   Man
over a year ago

Newark

"If we were looking for single guys we would certainly be willing to explore things based on your profile. "

Thank you It's nice to hear something positive.

By *tticusF OP   Man
over a year ago

Newark

"

Lol. I'll add it to my list and see which one I pull out of the hat. i think it was a joke..

please choose something that when im saying hello in a thread i dont mind typing out in full...or when introducing you at a social as your user name doesnt make someone cringe xx"

Phew, that's how I interpreted it too. Lol

By *ucyfur77Woman
over a year ago

Pleasuretown

No offence, but your username made my face go

By *tticusF OP   Man
over a year ago

Newark

"No offence, but your username made my face go "

I'm sorry, that's certainly not the reaction I was hoping for.

over a year ago

AticusF Dont know what it means but infinitely better imo lol. Well done mister

over a year ago

I find myself wondering what a guy who's exclusively only interested in single females, thought a swingers site was the site to join

By *unandbuckCouple
over a year ago

Sheffield

"AticusF Dont know what it means but infinitely better imo lol. Well done mister "

OP you're misunderstanding how this works.

You are supposed to ask for advice, then either not reply at all, or just argue against the advice and leave everything as it was!

By *unnoisseurMan
over a year ago

Stratford

"

Yes, I'm learning that for myself rather quickly. I feel like I'm taking quite a beating in this thread but then again I did ask for people's opinions and I'm grateful for them, whether positive or negative. Clearly though I've got a lot of work to do on my profile. "

You've not taken a beating yet. These are reasonable pleasant rejections and honest answers to your initial question.

By *unnoisseurMan
over a year ago

Stratford

"

Lol. I'll add it to my list and see which one I pull out of the hat. i think it was a joke..

please choose something that when im saying hello in a thread i dont mind typing out in full...or when introducing you at a social as your user name doesnt make someone cringe xx"

It was like the wool was lifted from my eyes and I could see the clear light of day!!

By *tticusF OP   Man
over a year ago

Newark

"I find myself wondering what a guy who's exclusively only interested in single females, thought a swingers site was the site to join "

I get where you're coming from totally here - I even thought the same at first. Having been in here a little while though I'm finding that it's not a site exclusively for swingers.

By *tticusF OP   Man
over a year ago

Newark

"

You've not taken a beating yet. These are reasonable pleasant rejections and honest answers to your initial question.

"

Absolutely! And I hope that I've taken on board the advice I've received. I thank everyone for taking time to comment on this thread, positive or negative.

By *tticusF OP   Man
over a year ago

Newark

"AticusF Dont know what it means but infinitely better imo lol. Well done mister

OP you're misunderstanding how this works.

You are supposed to ask for advice, then either not reply at all, or just argue against the advice and leave everything as it was

"

Bugger! I've still clearly got a lot to learn then. lol

By *tticusF OP   Man
over a year ago

Newark

"AticusF Dont know what it means but infinitely better imo lol. Well done mister "

Thank you. I took inspiration from my (limited) literary knowledge. Lol

Post new Message to Thread