Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Introductions

Ladies & Couples; I need your opinion

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Is my profile exactly what you'll are looking for?

I'm beginning to understand the importance of a decent profile. Most of my pics are private, so there is very little you guy can gather from it.

For example, the fact that I am a lawyer and/or not British.

This problem (I.e not British) has effected me on Tinder. Beung new to the UK, I'm not sure why? Can you guys, please make some recommendations. Thank you

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

It is rather generic and I'm surprised you see the value in the disclaimer given your stated profession.

over a year ago

"It is rather generic and I'm surprised you see the value in the disclaimer given your stated profession. "

Thank you for replying. Which part exactly where you referring to, with regards to the disclaimer.. lawyer or not British?

By *aGaGagging for itCouple
over a year ago

Newcastle upon Tyne

[Removed by poster at 08/01/17 09:03:23]

By *aGaGagging for itCouple
over a year ago

Newcastle upon Tyne

As previously said, its very generic and doesn't say much. Your reference to you having been to a lot of places - not sure if that is bragging and wanting a game of travel trumps (happy to take you on), or you are trying to show some depth but not delivering on it.

Your reference to wanting to meet first is slightly confusing, though assume this to be wanting a social meet first.

''I require a face pic...' comes across as demanding and in reality single guys are not in a position on here to demand. Perhaps re-word to 'happy to exchange face pics prior to a meet' or 'would want to exchange face pics before meeting'.

Shoe horning the fact that you are a Lawyer into your forum post, we would find off putting and be aware that you immediately tap into people's preconceptions when you do that - some will be good and some will be bad.

Your privacy statement is pointless, not least as there is nothing there identifiable to you. As a Lawyer, you should know better and if Sydney University were to use your details in a research project would you really start an action against them? Also be aware that some Fabbers use privacy statements as a means if filtering out those that they would not meet.

Apologies for being harsh, though just wanting to be honest. Take or leave these comments, as you choose and good luck.

By *edangel_2013Woman
over a year ago

southend

"It is rather generic and I'm surprised you see the value in the disclaimer given your stated profession.

Thank you for replying. Which part exactly where you referring to, with regards to the disclaimer.. lawyer or not British?"

I think the fact that you claim to be a lawyer, yet have a warning on your profile that has little legal standing is quite ironic.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"Is my profile exactly what you'll are looking for?

I'm beginning to understand the importance of a decent profile. Most of my pics are private, so there is very little you guy can gather from it.

For example, the fact that I am a lawyer and/or not British.

This problem (I.e not British) has effected me on Tinder. Beung new to the UK, I'm not sure why? Can you guys, please make some recommendations. Thank you

"

Nobody's profile will ever be exactly what we're all looking for. Your best bet is to tailor it to attract the type of people you're looking for. Ethnicity is important to some so is profession ...although many claim it isn't.

Write a profile that reflects you and describes what you're after. If you require a face picture ensure you send one first and take the warning at the bottom off...it means nothing.

over a year ago

OK OP, let's break it down and see what your profile actually says about you.

I'm going to be somewhat brutal here and go through it line by line, but this is all with the intention of helping you to understand why you're getting comments about it being 'generic' and 'not really saying much'

OK, so the first two lines then. Personally, if it were me, I'd lose the greeting, but that's really up to you - though I'm sure you wouldn't start your C.V. or a shop window advert with it.

As for the bit about your 'relationship status' and location - that information is already there anyway. It doesn't tell us anything that we wouldn't know already before opening up your profile page. OK, admittedly, there are a number of married guys on here posing as single men but, well, I'm sure you get where I'm coming from.

The bit about loving to meet new people etc. Nothing really wrong with it, but is it telling us much, really?

What you're looking for - well, that information is also already there. It's the bit that you selected your preferences for. Age range etc.

The part about requiring a face pic is OK, but I feel that this is kinda hypocritical, seeings as you aren't showing one yourself.

Lose the disclaimer. It's meaningless. You have posted your profile information and picture in the public domain. Read the site FAQ's - the site owners don't want people putting such nonsense on their profiles as it uses up valuable server space.

So, overall what have we learned from your profile text that we can't find elsewhere on your profile? Do you see my point?

What can you offer the ladies and couples that might meet you?

What makes you different from every other male out there?

What is your unique selling point?

What makes you stand out?

As I said, sorry to be brutal, but the point of the exercise was to get you to re-examine your profile. I hope i've helped a little.

By *awandOrderCouple
over a year ago

SW London

I can't tell anything about you from your profile, OP, except that you are straight, so you wouldn't be for us

By *rightonsteveMan
over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

3 months and no meet verification. Change something.....

over a year ago

Thank you everybody for your response, I've found it really helpful. Prior, I set up my profile w/o putting in much thought. But this exercise has been extremely(I can't stress this enough) helpful. Thank you so much

over a year ago

"Thank you everybody for your response, I've found it really helpful. Prior, I set up my profile w/o putting in much thought. But this exercise has been extremely(I can't stress this enough) helpful. Thank you so much"

So now you have some opinions. Whether you do anything about it is up to you.

Post new Message to Thread