Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Introductions

Contacting another couple advice

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Hi

Have seen a couple on FAB that we would like to atleast message if possible.

We respect that we are outside the age range requirements but believe we are in good shape and that they may make an exemption to the rule in our case.

Because of the age restriction we can't mail or wink them, is there another way of atleast letting them know we are interested in getting to know them better. And then if they still say no we will know we are kidding ourselves about how young we look.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

No... just have to accept their choices x

over a year ago

I would of expected this from a desperate guy

over a year ago

Respect they're not interested in invest your time in someone who might be.

By *cduck and Blue eyesCouple
over a year ago

nr chester

Well to be honest, usually if people have filters they don't deviate from them, but I'm sure as in life itself sometimes people see something or someone that catches them unaware, you are restricted as to contacting them, but if they are on your local updates then adding some new pics of yourselves and perhaps putting up an eye catching status, well you never know, you might just intrigue them enough to want to message you, failing that, well not much more advice I can think of good luck op, Mrs blue eyes

By *orkie321bWoman
over a year ago

Nottingham

People have filters on for a reason and don't generally take it too well when others try to get around them.

Just accept that you are not what they are looking for.

over a year ago

Fab all their photos.

By *unandbuckCouple
over a year ago

Sheffield

They have set a hard filter, I'd forget it.

Post more pics of yourself if you think your looks are better than your age might imply.

Fab some pics, they might spot you and make contact themselves.

If not, move on, thousands of other nice people on here.

over a year ago

"Well to be honest, usually if people have filters they don't deviate from them, but I'm sure as in life itself sometimes people see something or someone that catches them unaware, you are restricted as to contacting them, but if they are on your local updates then adding some new pics of yourselves and perhaps putting up an eye catching status, well you never know, you might just intrigue them enough to want to message you, failing that, well not much more advice I can think of good luck op, Mrs blue eyes "

Thank you for answering the question asked, some very helpful ideas

over a year ago

"Well to be honest, usually if people have filters they don't deviate from them, but I'm sure as in life itself sometimes people see something or someone that catches them unaware, you are restricted as to contacting them, but if they are on your local updates then adding some new pics of yourselves and perhaps putting up an eye catching status, well you never know, you might just intrigue them enough to want to message you, failing that, well not much more advice I can think of good luck op, Mrs blue eyes

Thank you for answering the question asked, some very helpful ideas "

There are loads of couples on here so

With some luck you will find someone else suitable.

over a year ago

We are not desperate as someone suggested and are aware that there are plenty more couples on here.

Their profile just took our eye and if like so many on here we had lied about our ages there wouldn't be a problem. They may have also set the age boundary with this in mind possibly.

Things are not black and white thankfully as would be a very grey place indeed.

And if we do or don't make contact with that couple is certainly no big problem, just would have liked to have seen if we had a connection.

Thanks again for advise on ways of promoting interest. Xx

over a year ago

Think they would have liked us.

over a year ago

We used to have age filters up because I really thought people would respect what age preferences we had on our profile. I was naive, of course. I can't count the number of people who really believe they look much younger than their age when they really don't. I'm not saying that about you, OP, I just mean that you'd have to consider it from their perspective - that you wouldn't be the first couple messaging them that very thing.

It may suck, but their filters are there for a reason. The only thing I can think is if you put up public pictures that show more of what you look like and entice them to message you.

over a year ago

Hola for them in your status, if they're site supporters they might see it on their who's viewed me page.

over a year ago

"We are not desperate as someone suggested and are aware that there are plenty more couples on here.

Their profile just took our eye and if like so many on here we had lied about our ages there wouldn't be a problem. They may have also set the age boundary with this in mind possibly.

Things are not black and white thankfully as would be a very grey place indeed.

And if we do or don't make contact with that couple is certainly no big problem, just would have liked to have seen if we had a connection.

Thanks again for advise on ways of promoting interest. Xx

"

We get annoyed when single guys think they maybe an exception to our rule and don't respect what we want on our profile but it's even worse when a couple think they an exception to someonesee profile request

By *urvymamaWoman
over a year ago

Doncaster

Actually it's against this forums rules to use them as an attempt to get around blocks/filters

over a year ago

"Fab all their photos. "

Lol good answer haha

over a year ago

Thank you for all your input to our enquiry, most interesting mixture of responses.

And I'm sure most answers are due to people's own experiences on here.

As we are pretty new on here we are probably guilty of being a little naive but like everyone given a chance we will learn the ways.

But we will keep the part in us that tells us if we believe in anything then follow your instinct regardless to what others might say as we are all different.

And on this occasion a happy ending as it seems we are the exception to the rule as we believed(for this couple anyway) or just lucky maybe

Thanks again for all comments.

Take care xx

By *ustthe2ofusXXXCouple
over a year ago

coventry

Was it us, was it us if it was I may have a little bit of a beer belly so that's definitely a non starter luck with such I'm sure there will be another couple along soon that ticks all the right boxes

over a year ago

"Was it us, was it us if it was I may have a little bit of a beer belly so that's definitely a non starter luck with such I'm sure there will be another couple along soon that ticks all the right boxes "

Yes beer belly blows it no question probably even worse than hairy

over a year ago

Lol, your profile grabs my attention but I don't message you, as you're not interested in meeting males !!

over a year ago

We are outside a lot of people's upper age limit . That's their choice but when we have meet them in a club and they see the Mrs in person the age restriction seems not to matter however we come as a pair and as I am ugly and old lol lol lol

over a year ago

"We are outside a lot of people's upper age limit . That's their choice but when we have meet them in a club and they see the Mrs in person the age restriction seems not to matter however we come as a pair and as I am ugly and old lol lol lol"

over a year ago

I know the feeling. There's a woman who's looked at my profile a couple of times. She's almost exactly the same age as me and I fit her requirements very closely except she's set an age filter lower than both our ages so I can't message her. It's a shame but there's nothing I can do about it

Post new Message to Thread