Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Introductions

Worth a try

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Does anyone like the look of me enough to reply to a message? Had no responses from anyone I've messaged. Am I doing something wrong?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *uv2bseenCouple
over a year ago

Midlands

You should take an objective look at your profile.

Maybe the quality of it may put people off?

Regards.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Not everyone is into the powerlifting look either

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"Does anyone like the look of me enough to reply to a message? Had no responses from anyone I've messaged. Am I doing something wrong? "

Probably not, it does take time and you've only been here two weeks. Have a look round the forums and join in some of the chats in a positive way, see if you get a feel for how people interact. Good luck

over a year ago

Try writting a profile that may increase your chances

over a year ago

Not me!

By *ordonBennettMan
over a year ago

dover

Your post is twice as long as your profile text....

over a year ago

"Does anyone like the look of me enough to reply to a message? Had no responses from anyone I've messaged. Am I doing something wrong? "

We wouldn't reply, you're not what we're looking for, but even if you were, with such a poor profile we would still pass you by

Poppy

over a year ago

Nothing that would attract us either

By *et a roomCouple
over a year ago

Leeds

We are outside your age range

over a year ago

Those who like the power-lifting look will still want to know your character and compatibility. A one-line profile does not do that.

over a year ago

Wow thanks for the response guys...i was a little confused with the comments on my profile as i had updated it a couple days ago...but looks like i hadn't saved it.

I've been on the site a few different times, so longer than the 2 weeks. But appreciate the input. I've updated the profile and hopefully it looks a lot better.

Thanks

over a year ago

"Does anyone like the look of me enough to reply to a message? Had no responses from anyone I've messaged. Am I doing something wrong?

Those who like the power-lifting look will still want to know your character and compatibility. A one-line profile does not do that."

Thanks I've updated now

over a year ago

"Does anyone like the look of me enough to reply to a message? Had no responses from anyone I've messaged. Am I doing something wrong?

Those who like the power-lifting look will still want to know your character and compatibility. A one-line profile does not do that.

Thanks I've updated now

"

It is certainly better than the previous one-liner, but it still doesn't really sell you.

I prefer to read a profile which gives me an impression of the person. Like I know a bit about them or could connect with them. Yours does not do that for me.

But I am just one person. Others will have different views.

over a year ago

Thanks I've updated now

It is certainly better than the previous one-liner, but it still doesn't really sell you.

I prefer to read a profile which gives me an impression of the person. Like I know a bit about them or could connect with them. Yours does not do that for me.

But I am just one person. Others will have different views."

Maybe I'm not very good at selling myself? What else would you advise me adding....not sure you can get a personality of someone from a profile? Thanks tho

By *ordonBennettMan
over a year ago

dover

Thanks I've updated now

But I am just one person. Others will have different views.

Maybe I'm not very good at selling myself? What else would you advise me adding....not sure you can get a personality of someone from a profile? Thanks tho "

Maybe more detail about what you have to offer, and what you are looking for.

At the moment the profile seems tobe dominated by the development of your interest in powerlifting.

By *eliciousladyWoman
over a year ago

Sometimes U.K

I gave up half way through..sorry.

Just seems a little bit too 'me'

Keep with the messaging and try to inject your personality into them.

Good luck x

over a year ago

It's better but please use spell check

over a year ago

Getting better all the time.

I was going to say get rid of the "fat child" thing as negativity is generally not a good thing but I actually think it shows a bit of vulnerability in a cute way.

I will say that there is no point in saying, "Prefer non-smoker" yet having a "Won't meet smokers." That sounds desperate.

And, yes, check your grammar and spelling.

over a year ago

I'm blaming my phone and fat fingers for the miss spellings lol

over a year ago

I'd reply if you lived nearer

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 02/08/16 16:40:09]