Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Introductions

What puts you off of me?

Jump to newest

By *h1tewolf OP   Man
over a year ago

Rubery

I'm generally quite successful in real life and I write quite well. Seeing how often don't get replies back, not even a curteous "No thanks", I was wondering if I'm doing something terribly wrong here.

Since I have no problem taking critique, swing it my way, gents. I'm really bummed out here: what is so off-putting about my profile?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Not a gent but since you asked for critique....

Bear in mind that nobody gets a reply 100% of the time, and the reply ratio is even worse for straight men. It sucks, but that's the way it is.

First of all, you claim you write quite well, but I spotted at least two fairly simple errors in your post alone. That kind of thing matters to me, personally.

Secondly, 75% of your public pictures are dick pics. We all know what docks look like, we don't really need to see that many. The photos are nice though, so use that method of photography to take some nice body pics (sans cock), bum pics... Be creative.

The other thing I can see as a potential issue is that you're selling yourself as a bit of a jack of all trades... There's nothing in your profile that stands out as unique or individual. It reads like your casting a wide net to get a girl, any girl, rather than stating what you can offer the person who is of absolute interest to you. See the difference?

By *h1tewolf OP   Man
over a year ago

Rubery

Thanks for the reply. The errors are due to the fact that I'm on the phone and I got a new keyboard for it AND because posts can't be edited (I am pretty much Grammar Hitler so I spotted them, alas too late).

And yes, fortunately or unfortunately, that's exactly what I am, a jack of all trades. Nothing I can't do about that, won't lie just to get unwarranted attention.

As for the pics, yes, the face ones are private or friends only, though I ALWAYS attach those to messages. For the body pics, I guess I have to go to the gym first to be able to show something interesting.

And if I put up a pic of my bum (which is really appreciated) I'd get even more attention from the lads on here than I already do

By *h1tewolf OP   Man
over a year ago

Rubery

Really appreciate the time you took, though. Cheers! If you ever pass by Bham, drinks are on me

over a year ago

I make silly mistakes more often than I'd care to admit and loathe being unable to correct them before anyone sees.

I'm not saying you should lie. Just think about the impression you're giving off. It just sounds slap dash.

You know you can use message filters to stop men (or anyone you're not interested in) from messaging you. Voilà, now you're free to put up sexy bum pics without male attention.

over a year ago

"Really appreciate the time you took, though. Cheers! If you ever pass by Bham, drinks are on me "

You're most welcome. I hope it wasn't taken as bitchy, 'cause you actually seem lovely!

By *peedypeteMan
over a year ago

derby

I have been on this site and others before for years. Everyone used to reply even it was no thanks, but times change and in life folks are less courteous.

There are lovely friendly people on here and there also the total opposite, their are timewasters, fakes, al sorts, a wide span of dfifferent people and that's aprt of the attraction for most folks as well as being the biggest let down too on ocasions.

Fortunately I have some great long standing friends on her, but stil love meeting new ones too. Yes I am one of the genuine ones, lol

By *h1tewolf OP   Man
over a year ago

Rubery

"You're most welcome. I hope it wasn't taken as bitchy, 'cause you actually seem lovely! "

Ah no, no worries! You didn't give that impression at all. Plus, I DID ask for critique. Thanks for the pointers

By *h1tewolf OP   Man
over a year ago

Rubery

"Fortunately I have some great long standing friends on her, but stil love meeting new ones too. Yes I am one of the genuine ones, lol"

I guess it was bound to happen. We lads tend to be quite mindless and abuse a lot. Gals do it too, of course, but mostly everyone lets it slide for reasons as old as our reproductive systems, hahaha!

Anyway, you do seem like a great guy. Keep up the good spirit andm yeah, I guess it's more about the time investment nowadays...

over a year ago

"I'm generally quite successful in real life and I write quite well. Seeing how often don't get replies back, not even a curteous "No thanks", I was wondering if I'm doing something terribly wrong here.

Since I have no problem taking critique, swing it my way, gents. I'm really bummed out here: what is so off-putting about my profile? "

Make your bed, take in-focus pictures, accept that the ratio of men to women on here means you have an artificially high bar to pass.

Supply and demand, bro!

over a year ago

Also, bin off the "interests" section, it's kind of a deterrent on any profile as it can either make you look like you'll do anything (I.e desperate), or you're boring, depending on how many or few boxes you tick. Best to have nothing at all and let that come out in the text and/or messages.

And throw away the thing about time wasters. People who aren't time wasters will think it comes off snappy, and people who are will waste your time regardless. It serves no purpose!

Think of a sign outside your house saying "no burglars please".......

By *rs DCouple
over a year ago

far

"Not a gent but since you asked for critique....

Bear in mind that nobody gets a reply 100% of the time, and the reply ratio is even worse for straight men. It sucks, but that's the way it is.

First of all, you claim you write quite well, but I spotted at least two fairly simple errors in your post alone. That kind of thing matters to me, personally.

Secondly, 75% of your public pictures are dick pics. We all know what docks look like, we don't really need to see that many. The photos are nice though, so use that method of photography to take some nice body pics (sans cock), bum pics... Be creative.

The other thing I can see as a potential issue is that you're selling yourself as a bit of a jack of all trades... There's nothing in your profile that stands out as unique or individual. It reads like your casting a wide net to get a girl, any girl, rather than stating what you can offer the person who is of absolute interest to you. See the difference? "

what docks look like hehe love typos

By *h1tewolf OP   Man
over a year ago

Rubery

You make some good point, gotcha. Especially on the looking desperate. As I said though, it's just because I like most things (can appreciate most things properly).

That bed though was not mine, it was a 5 dollars per hour hotel in Costa Rica, with the best woman of my life. Don't touch that pic, mate

over a year ago

"I'm generally quite successful in real life and I write quite well. Seeing how often don't get replies back, not even a curteous "No thanks", I was wondering if I'm doing something terribly wrong here.

Since I have no problem taking critique, swing it my way, gents. I'm really bummed out here: what is so off-putting about my profile? "

It is all rather bland and does not reveal much of your personality. It reads like thousands of other single male "I just want any sex" profiles.

By *h1tewolf OP   Man
over a year ago

Rubery

Got the main idea here. Appreciate everyone's time, cheers

over a year ago

"Got the main idea here. Appreciate everyone's time, cheers"

Don't be discouraged man: the decisions people make take 0.73 seconds based on your profile and are in no way an actual reflection of who you are as a person. It's counter-intuitive but less is more, assuming you don't go with the "fill in later" profile and an out of focus cock-shot!

It may help to have a nosey about and find a successful male who seems to be quite like you, and take cues from their profile.

By *methyst01Man
over a year ago

Ealing Common

Im straight and you are male.....

By *h1tewolf OP   Man
over a year ago

Rubery

I don't know a gender-neutral equivalent of "gent", sorry. This question was meant for everyone.

By *atureandhornyCouple
over a year ago

Liverpool

Not a lot wrong with your profile. We always reply and say no thanks if the guy isn't for us however we don't reply if they haven't read our profile and taken in what we ask for

over a year ago

Not sure about the "okay" bit, sounds like you're sleeping with people who you don't really want to be sleeping with ?

By *h1tewolf OP   Man
over a year ago

Rubery

"Not sure about the "okay" bit, sounds like you're sleeping with people who you don't really want to be sleeping with ?"

No, absolutely not. But rarely people are fantastically fit for you, and I wanted to make that point. I guess "good" is closer to what I mean

By *h1tewolf OP   Man
over a year ago

Rubery

"Not a lot wrong with your profile. We always reply and say no thanks if the guy isn't for us however we don't reply if they haven't read our profile and taken in what we ask for "

Cheers! Thanks for doing that, improves the overall experience and values people's time.

By *ecretlyASoftieWoman
over a year ago

Hull but travel regularly

Shave maybe? Many in the scene like shaved or trimmed and not a mouthful of bush. First pic is ok but the rest for me are a turn off X

over a year ago

I don't think a lack of reply is a sign of someone lacking courtesy. Some women get 100s of messages away and can't be expected to reply to all, even to say "no thanks" (inevitably some would see this as an opportunity to send further, I.e. Why not?)

You're being very appreciative of the feedback but you're not really taking it on board and seem to have an excuse on why not to, which begs the question - why ask? So many people get defensive when given advice, which is fine but remember you're asking because you're it having an success and the people advising probably are.

I agree that your profile is a bit bland, images ain't great (cock shots get you nowhere here), doesn't make you stand out from the crowd, etc etc

Sometimes it isn't the profile tho, it's the content of the messages you send

over a year ago

"Not a gent but since you asked for critique....

The other thing I can see as a potential issue is that you're selling yourself as a bit of a jack of all trades... There's nothing in your profile that stands out as unique or individual. It reads like your casting a wide net to get a girl, any girl, rather than stating what you can offer the person who is of absolute interest to you. See the difference? "

Oh I know what a dock looks like aswell haha. Thought I would point that out. I know how much that type of thing means to you

Post new Message to Thread