Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Site help

Disappearing messages

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

I kept the number of messages in my inbox and have not purposely or any other way deleted them so how have they disappeared out of my inbox is this something admin does or do they disappear for user blocks you or do they disappear if your user deletes their account from the site are there any reasons for this because I physically didn't delete them I don't do mass deletion on my account thanks

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ystic DWoman
over a year ago

Leeds

They appear to get naturally deleted after about 2 weeks, however if the same person mails you again you can see the previous thread

By *wholeLotOfRosieWoman
over a year ago

Pontypridd

I keep some messages for months. Mine aren’t deleted. If someone leaves they are removed automatically. But you can only see so many on the page, you can’t go to a second page. I usually delete newer msgs and the old ones reappear at the bottom of the page

By *yx_InannaWoman
over a year ago

Burslem

From what I've seen messages drop off quicker if they were never read or replied to is 30 days. Especially if the other person deleted them.

People who you've conversed with stick around for a while but also disappear if they've deleted their threads after about 3 months. I've still got messages from 6 months ago neither person has deleted any.

Recent conversations disappear when the person deactivates/deletes their account also when the person has been suspended which I've personally confirmed when someone I know has had their account suspended.

I also know from experience when creating this account I was reported after 5 mins of joining forcing me to verify who I am and messages sent to this account were gone it basically wiped my account.

Post new Message to Thread