Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Site help

Verification problems

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Hey,

I been having serious problems with verification. My house mates are members on the site and we have regular fun. But when they try to verifie me it won't go through? As we live in the same house I don't know the score with that. Can someone give me some intel on this please as to why there verification won't work? Thanks.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
Forum Mod

over a year ago

If you're sharing the same pc and internet connection the veris won't go through

Forum Mod

over a year ago

From the site FAQ.......

Verifications we try to leave for another user aren't being saved

If you're trying to verify another account that you have created yourself or you're trying to verify someone who is using the same PC as yourself, or you're on the same internet connection, then the verification won't be recorded. We do this to stop people creating fake accounts and verifying them themselves

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Ahh right. Thank you. Didn't know why haha. Though it was a problem with my account.

By *kmale421Man
over a year ago

wirral

Rather than starting a new thread I'll pose this question in here.

I have left 2 verifications on Sunday (13/05/12) for 2 different people, not known to me prior to meeting them at a club on Saturday night, we don't use the same computer etc. Having looked this morning neither of the verifications are showing on their pages, can you explain why. If you need to know the names of these new friends, i'll mail you sepeartely.

Thanks

By *issBehavingxxWoman
over a year ago

Glasgow

They could just have chosen not to show them???

over a year ago

"Rather than starting a new thread I'll pose this question in here.

I have left 2 verifications on Sunday (13/05/12) for 2 different people, not known to me prior to meeting them at a club on Saturday night, we don't use the same computer etc. Having looked this morning neither of the verifications are showing on their pages, can you explain why. If you need to know the names of these new friends, i'll mail you sepeartely.

Thanks"

not everyone shows the verifications its up to them. ask them about it, although if they dont want to show them i guess it will be awkward and best to not say anything and just accept they dont want to show

By *kmale421Man
over a year ago

wirral

ok this Verification thing is simply confusing me now, and seems to be either a fault or something I am doing wrong.

For clarity, all the verifications were done on seperate computers with people logged in via their own accounts and presumerably in their own homes.

Issue 1: I woke this morning to see that I had been sent a new verification from a couple which I accepted and read. I expected to see this showing on my profile as I have taken no known action to stop that happening, but it's not there and to be honest I can't find it anywhere now.

Issue 2: I posted yesterday that I have sent out 2 verifications on Sunday. They are not showing on these individuals profile pages, yet they do have other verifications showing.

Is there a fault with the site or am I simply being stupid and not understanding how this is meant to work

By *rs kemeaCouple
over a year ago

angus

I think you have to actually chose to display veris in your profile. Go to Account and then Manage verifications. All the veris you've received will be there with a "Display on your profile" button if they're not already displayed or it will say "Remove from your profile" if not.

I'm sure they don't get displayed automatically so it could be that your friends haven't been online yet to accept and display the veris.

By *kmale421Man
over a year ago

wirral

"I think you have to actually chose to display veris in your profile. Go to Account and then Manage verifications. All the veris you've received will be there with a "Display on your profile" button if they're not already displayed or it will say "Remove from your profile" if not.

I'm sure they don't get displayed automatically so it could be that your friends haven't been online yet to accept and display the veris. "

Mrs Kemea,

Thanks for that, now I understand and I've fixed my end. Obviously it's up to my friends to choose if they wish to post their veri's, I thought I was going mad and they weren't getting them.......and then I lost my own.

All fixed now and thanks for your help.

Mark

Post new Message to Thread