Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Site help

why are certain sites blocked

Jump to newest

By *opaz12 OP   Woman
over a year ago

Buckinghamshire

Using the site you are freely able to mention kik, whatsapp, Skype or bdsmtest etc bit not other outside sites like fetlife, tumblr.

Why is that?

You have the disclaimer below yet users are just as likely or even more likely to receive spam and unwanted content through kik than through fetlife or tumblr, both well known and established sites.

To protect our users from SPAM or UNWELCOME CONTENT, because your message contained a WEB SITE or UNWELCOME CONTENT it has been blocked. Just hit back and remove the website name or address and the message will be sent This is to protect people like you from receiving spam! PS. please don't try and get around the blocks or your account will be removed

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Maybe because the ones you can mention are apps that allow people to communicate, the others are websites which are kinda in competition with this one, also they are unmontitored so the content could be inappropriate, that's why you can mention official sites like YouTube and BBC news as those are regulated.

There may be other reasons too but that's what I'd think.

over a year ago

Didnt know that

By *opaz12 OP   Woman
over a year ago

Buckinghamshire

[Removed by poster at 10/11/18 21:29:08]

By *opaz12 OP   Woman
over a year ago

Buckinghamshire

"Maybe because the ones you can mention are apps that allow people to communicate, the others are websites which are kinda in competition with this one, also they are unmontitored so the content could be inappropriate, that's why you can mention official sites like YouTube and BBC news as those are regulated.

There may be other reasons too but that's what I'd think. "

bdsmtest.org isn't an app, a communication tool nor is it regulated so this doesn't stand.

Added to which neither does the excuse of protecting us from spam. We are all adults here so if we choose to follow a link so be it, it's on you.

So even if I agree that fetlife may be in competition, which it's not as it is completely different in design, format and customer focus, tumblr isn't so why ban that?

over a year ago

"Maybe because the ones you can mention are apps that allow people to communicate, the others are websites which are kinda in competition with this one, also they are unmontitored so the content could be inappropriate, that's why you can mention official sites like YouTube and BBC news as those are regulated.

There may be other reasons too but that's what I'd think.

bdsmtest.org isn't an app, a communication tool nor is it regulated so this doesn't stand.

Added to which neither does the excuse of protecting us from spam. We are all adults here so if we choose to follow a link so be it, it's on you.

So even if I agree that fetlife may be in competition, which it's not as it is completely different in design, format and customer focus, tumblr isn't so why ban that?"

No idea that was just what I'd think.

over a year ago

I think the site don't like competition

A bit like Russia and rival political parties are banned

Post new Message to Thread