Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Site help

Whats this mean?

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Ive been talking to someone recently and getting on well. However, every now and again when I try go on their profile I get "This  member has hidden their profile".

At first i thought maybe theyve blocked me, but it doesnt make sense because were getting on well. Please help?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

There's a function that allows you to hide your profile i.e. stop other site members from being able to view it.

over a year ago

"There's a function that allows you to hide your profile i.e. stop other site members from being able to view it. "

Ok, thanks for that. Any idea why someone would keep randomly doing that a few times in a day?

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"There's a function that allows you to hide your profile i.e. stop other site members from being able to view it.

Ok, thanks for that. Any idea why someone would keep randomly doing that a few times in a day? "

No. What makes you think they're randomly doing it?

Don't invest too much time in pondering other people's motivation.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"There's a function that allows you to hide your profile i.e. stop other site members from being able to view it.

Ok, thanks for that. Any idea why someone would keep randomly doing that a few times in a day? "

I do it if I have a lot of messages to reply to x

By *j48Man
over a year ago

Wigan

It's a function that allows people some space away from new admirers and attention

Slows down new messages and people they have already messaged won't know they are online either.

So they can generally have a browse around the site and not get hassled

over a year ago

I believe they are randomly doing it because we chat then it stops and they disappear... convo starts again then stops suddenly and they disappear again. Thanks for the help guys, just didnt know what it meant lol

By *j48Man
over a year ago

Wigan

They could be avoiding someone on the site

Eeks he/she/they are online = hide profile

That'd seem random to you as you won't know who they might be avoiding.

Then again some people are just odd

Just chat when you can and see what develops, I'd guess nothing though

over a year ago

" Then again some people are just odd

"

Bang on mate

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"I believe they are randomly doing it because we chat then it stops and they disappear... convo starts again then stops suddenly and they disappear again. Thanks for the help guys, just didnt know what it meant lol"

It doesn't stop you messaging and them replying.

Are they hidden sometimes and not others?

By *j48Man
over a year ago

Wigan

"I believe they are randomly doing it because we chat then it stops and they disappear... convo starts again then stops suddenly and they disappear again. Thanks for the help guys, just didnt know what it meant lol

It doesn't stop you messaging and them replying.

Are they hidden sometimes and not others?"

Correct you can still message them although the little blue dot won't appear against their name so you won't know if they are online or not..

It's a right good game of cat and mouse sometimes ha ha

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Could be that they hid their profile and do not realise that they can still message with it hidden so unhide it message then hide it again

By *lighty1Woman
over a year ago

You Dont Need to Know, right now

I don't want to come up in people's searches, cus my inbox is tied down tightly. I therefore hide my profile, unhide it when I'm in chat, and hide it again when I've left chat.

Post new Message to Thread