Back to forum list
Back to Site help

Flash - new message in Cam box

Jump to newest

By *ost Sock OP   Man
over a year ago

West Wales and Cardiff

Hi all

I used chrome and it's set so I have to click to run people's Cams i.e. plugins like Flash don't run automatically.

Since this morning, when I go into the Chatroom, there's a message saying we no longer Flash installed to view Cams.

That's good, but I do have Flash with chrome.

I can no longer switch on my Cam because the message keeps appearing. Other people's cams are now running without me having to click+CTRL.

I have to change my settings to run Flash automatically in order to use my Cam.

I presume the cams I'm seeing are running with Flash, as I do have it. I just want to go back to being able to click+CTRL before cams start, and to be able to use my cam!

Any help would be gratefully received.

Thanks

Si

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ost Sock OP   Man
over a year ago

West Wales and Cardiff

Sorry, think I may have sorted this.

A setting in my browser seems to have changed, Not quite sure how I managed that!

By *aggyjimMan
over a year ago

kilwinning

Browsers are gradually stopping support for Flash. Firefox stopped ages ago. I used to use Chrome, but it appears to have stopped support too now. IE still works at the moment, but it is crap, and will probably stop supporting Flash too at some stage. Fabswingers will have to come up with a better way of broadcasting.

By *heRainManMan
over a year ago

Warrington & Glasgow

Chrome & Flash seem to be running my cam OK

By *ost Sock OP   Man
over a year ago

West Wales and Cardiff

Thanks for the input guys.

I no longer see that message asking me whether I want to run flash every time I open a cam.

I'm trying to decide whether it's running flash, but no longer giving me the option to agree to it, or it's powering the cams another way.

I got a message to say it was possible to do run cams without Flash the other day, so I hope that's it.

By *aggyjimMan
over a year ago

kilwinning

Mine is running in Chrome again too. Like Lost Sock it seemed to change the setting itself, but I managed to change it back to run Flash all the time. When the other message was there it did say you need Flash to broadcast, but I hope this will change as Flash will eventually not be supported by most browsers.

By *orum TrollWoman
over a year ago

•+• Access Denied •+•

firefox is supporting it, it just blocks it if it isn't updated.

By *orum TrollWoman
over a year ago

•+• Access Denied •+•

"firefox is supporting it, it just blocks it if it isn't updated."

saying that, i'm still on wondows 8.1.

By *ost Sock OP   Man
over a year ago

West Wales and Cardiff

"Mine is running in Chrome again too. Like Lost Sock it seemed to change the setting itself, but I managed to change it back to run Flash all the time. When the other message was there it did say you need Flash to broadcast, but I hope this will change as Flash will eventually not be supported by most browsers."

Didn't it say something about being able to use cams without Flash now? I'm sure mine did.

I'd actually prefer it to not run Flash automatically and get the message asking me. I don't get that. You can set chrome to do that and I do.

Maybe it's not running the cams on Flash as the default?

Post new Message to Thread