FabSwingers.com mobile

Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Site help

Will the site flag up suspicious activity using a VPN?

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Seeing as various NHS trusts and about a million other agencies can now request our whole browsing history most of our internet traffic now goes via an VPN (at least when we can remember to switch it back on). This means various weird and wonderful countries but from the same computer.

I just wanted to check we won't get our account suspended by accident. Is this a problem?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *he Queen of TartsWoman
Forum Mod

over a year ago

My Own Little World

I frequently use VPN when on here and it has never caused me any problems.

By *100Man
over a year ago

Essex

What's the best VPN to use I've never used one before.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I know nothing about VPN, but a nice VPL raises my interest

over a year ago

I use NordVPN which keeps no logs and has a few hundred servers around the world. They were one of the cheaper ones and have had good reviews in various security minded outlets. There are a large number out there though, make sure you do some research before spending any money on it.

over a year ago

Interesting conversation!

Can I just ask, what is the difference between say the Tor browser and a VPN

By *he Queen of TartsWoman
Forum Mod

over a year ago

My Own Little World

"Interesting conversation!

Can I just ask, what is the difference between say the Tor browser and a VPN "

VPNs are faster than Tor, as there is only the VPN server between you and the other site. They have better security and privacy and some VPNs provide malware with their software. But there is normally a charge, you can find some free ones, like Betternet app which I use, the reviews are decent for a freebie.

Some ISPs actively seek out and block Tor relays.

By *aughty Wigan CoupleCouple
over a year ago

Wigan

No expert on this but doesnt Opera have a built in VPN which is rated fairly well?

As I said, no expert, but we have had no problems with it.

over a year ago

It does have a vpn. It isn't up to the same spec as a proper commercial service though.

What you want from a vpn it that it is headquartered outside normal jurisdiction. It also needs to have a wide variety of servers in as many countries as possible and it needs fast servers. It needs to not keep any logs. And finally it needs to support some extra security stuff, ideally on top of the openvpn application.

Why you may ask. You are unlikely to need that kind of level of security in reality but given how insecure some vpn services have been in the past I'd rather not take any chances. Who knows what stupidity the government will get up to.

over a year ago

"Interesting conversation!

Can I just ask, what is the difference between say the Tor browser and a VPN

VPNs are faster than Tor, as there is only the VPN server between you and the other site. They have better security and privacy and some VPNs provide malware with their software. But there is normally a charge, you can find some free ones, like Betternet app which I use, the reviews are decent for a freebie.

Some ISPs actively seek out and block Tor relays."

Thanks.

Post new Message to Thread