Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Site help

Showing online when off?

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

If I log on with my Android phone, fertle about then move on to something else, I assume the app/browser page stays in cache. Does that mean I will be shown as 'online' to other users until such times as I flush the cache?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *j_markCouple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Totteridge/Whetstone

"

Does that mean I will be shown as 'online' to other users until such times as I flush the cache?

"

No.

You only show online if you're actively using the site. There may be a lag of a couple of minutes.

Admin x

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

For some unknown reason my profile is always showing me as online. Any idea how I can change it?

over a year ago

"For some unknown reason my profile is always showing me as online. Any idea how I can change it?"

your showing offline now

By *j_markCouple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Totteridge/Whetstone

"For some unknown reason my profile is always showing me as online. Any idea how I can change it?"

Says you were last online 5 minutes ago

Admin

over a year ago

played about with it and solved. thanks

By *iggerd69Man
over a year ago

wherever you are

"If I log on with my Android phone, fertle about then move on to something else, I assume the app/browser page stays in cache. Does that mean I will be shown as 'online' to other users until such times as I flush the cache?

"

I show online quite a lot throughout the day when I'm not onsite but I'm looking at other stuff on my phone...Why is this?

over a year ago

I think it's linked to your phone just being on even if you're not logged in? That 2nd right now icon group?

I'm annoyed about having to turn my location off to stop that.

Invasive phones! To think we got laughed at taking batteries out for privacy, years ago.

Post new Message to Thread